PDA

View Full Version : 18 wheeler crosses median and goes into oncoming traffic(video)

Viva Las Espuelas
01-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm sure a lot of people have seen this already. If not, here it is.

Has anyone had a close call like this? Other kinda scary situations while driving on the highway on long hauls? When I see an 18 wheeler on a highway I stay away from it as much as I can and it's not 'cause of this video.

KZuKC-NnnQ8

byrontx
01-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Got hit by an 18 wheeler last week and launched down an embankment while on icey roads in Oklahoma. Luckily ice reduced the impact, just sent us spinning for about a 100 yads. Nobody injured but the car was trashed. The view of the grill taking up the whole window right before impact is a sight I will not forget.

crc21209
01-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Damn that is some scary shit...

TE
01-23-2011, 01:45 AM
shit

Viva Las Espuelas
01-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Got hit by an 18 wheeler last week and launched down an embankment while on icey roads in Oklahoma. Luckily ice reduced the impact, just sent us spinning for about a 100 yads. Nobody injured but the car was trashed. The view of the grill taking up the whole window right before impact is a sight I will not forget.

Damn. That's sound pretty pants-filling.

One night I was driving between SA and Dallas, I noticed an 18 wheeler going faster than usual in my rear-view mirror. I immediately got over to the next lane. He blares right by me. There's an suv in his lane and it looks like he isn't going to slow down or get over to the next lane. All of the sudden, I guess, he wakes up and swerves over to the next lane so he wouldn't hit the suv. His whole trailer tip over a bit, tires on the left-side of the trailer left the road and I'm surprised the whole damn thing didn't keel over. It was very fortunate it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

DMC
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I saw something similar to the above post going between SA and Austin one afternoon not long ago. A flatbed was really hauling ass, and got upon another cab over and damn near lost it. The back end of his rig went across all lanes and hit the divider and bounced back. I had just passed the cab over, and saw all of it in my rearview. Scared the shit out of me. That stretch is very dangerous in the afternoon or early morning.

benefactor
01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Man...that gave me a chill just watching it. I can't imagine how the driver was feeling.

fotan2
01-24-2011, 09:43 PM
hollyshit, it happend in Ontario. I used to take this highway 401 every day. They have major accidents there every week.

mouse
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Why would anyone be traveling that fast on an icy road? Must be one of those career point 6 week driving school graduates.

Thanks Career point! :tu

TwAnKiEs
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I was on my way home from SAC and it was pouring down I-10. The median is just a long ass ditch separating east from west bound. I see a dodge truck fish-tail and go into the ditch, the front-end goes into the air, and splashes my windshield. I looked back and he is perpendicular to the highway across both lanes... I had to check my pants twice when I got home. :wow

DarkReign
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Why would anyone be traveling that fast on an icy road? Must be one of those career point 6 week driving school graduates.

Thanks Career point! :tu

You live in Texas. You will never understand.

mouse
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
You live in Texas. You will never understand.

I also lived in Cleveland. Some people still think rock salt is an adhesive. All it does is melt the ice, there is still slushy water and water can cause accidents all by itself.
The point is once your drive over 45 miles an hour with a fully loaded 18 wheeler of cheap China imports while getting a blow job from the underage hooker you picked up at the last truck stop who claims she's just doing this to get through collage, you put your and other lives in jeopardy.