PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Rafer Alston?

Werdsniper2
01-23-2011, 05:08 AM
From what it looks like, he had some decent numbers last year.
I am surprised he is not at least the 15th man on SOME team.

Any idea what is going on with the guy?

Werdsniper2
01-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Now that I look at it, he had a really low FG %.

Werdsniper2
01-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Seriously though, he still seems like a decent reference to me.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Ibtl

Fabbs
01-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah is he still suspended or is he off the Heat?
Update he is off the roster.
Wow talk about bad timing to screw up. R

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4991480
March of last year:

MIAMI -- Rafer Alston's season with the Miami Heat is officially over.

Alston was moved to the suspended list by the Heat late Friday night, one week after he left the team without telling any member of the organization why.

Alston told ESPN earlier this week that his departure stemmed from a personal matter involving his sister.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time, but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the season during our playoff push," Riley said.

Alston played in 25 games for the Heat since signing with the club on Jan. 7, averaging 6.6 points and 2.9 assists.

Indazone
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Rafer Alston to sign in China

Posted by Inside Hoops
JAN

By Jeff Lenchiner

Streetball legend and former NBA player Rafer Alston has found a new job in basketball, and it’s taking him overseas.

Alston’s longtime manager and close friend Eddie Lau told InsideHoops.com that the guard is traveling to China today where he will sign a contract to play for the Zhejiang Guangsha Basketball Club.

In other news, in addition to his other roles, Lau is now also Alston’s agent.

Alston began his NBA career in 1999, playing for Milwaukee. He went on to play Toronto, Miami, Houston, Orlando and New Jersey, and had a career average of 10.1 points, 2.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.2 spg.

Known in Rucker Park and other famous playgrounds as “Skip to my Lou,” Alston has great flair to his game. Over his years as a professional, he learned how to separate Alston the NBA player from Skip, the kid in the playground. It’ll be interesting to see footage of how he performs overseas.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7044#ixzz1BsQET0WZ

Indazone
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Hope Rafer does better than Franchise lol