PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer wants out

mardigan
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Sources: Carson Palmer wants trade

Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

mardigan
01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
If your team needed a QB, would you want this guy? How much is this guy even worth anymore?

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
:lol He's fucking terrible now, but I'm sure there will be a team that will desperately trade for him..

crc21209
01-23-2011, 04:58 PM
His best years seem to be behind him, but I agree...someone will take him.

4>0rings
01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Dolphins will take him.

ducks
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
cardinals do you want palmer,mcnabb or vince young

ShoogarBear
01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, this will be a good test of whether the Redskins have stopped doing stupid things.

BUMP
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
You wouldn't think that any team would be that stupid to trade for him, but as long as the Redskins and Raiders are in the NFL you never know

san antonio spurs
01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Well, this will be a good test of whether the Redskins have stopped doing stupid things.
Which QB should they go after?

Dr. Gonzo
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM

They should really just develop a young QB. They are very long in the tooth and need to get younger on offense.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Sad as their QB situation is, it shouldn't be their number one priority. Especially not a $16+ mil/year cap eater who might have already had his best years (although that has been the Skins' speciality).

The need to focus on rebuilding their offensive line and getting a true #1 wide receiver (Santana Moss is a #2 masquerading as a #1). Ryan Torain showed some promise at RB, so I'm not opposed to seeing if he's for real.

For QB, if they want to have Sexy Rexy game-manage for another year or pick up another veteran plugger, that's okay. Other than Locker and maybe Newton, I don't see another QB worth a first round pick. Maybe next year they can Luck into something.

ata
01-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Hanie ;)

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Sad as their QB situation is, it shouldn't be their number one priority. Especially not a $16+ mil/year cap eater who might have already had his best years (although that has been the Skins' speciality).

The need to focus on rebuilding their offensive line and getting a true #1 wide receiver (Santana Moss is a #2 masquerading as a #1). Ryan Torain showed some promise at RB, so I'm not opposed to seeing if he's for real.

For QB, if they want to have Sexy Rexy game-manage for another year or pick up another veteran plugger, that's okay. Other than Locker and maybe Newton, I don't see another QB worth a first round pick. Maybe next year they can Luck into something.

Building inside-out is usually the preferred method, especially when there isn't a clear-cut bonafide QB in the draft.

That said, watch them take Gabbert.

Blake
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Palmer hasn't been the same since he got injured in 2005 and he looks like he's lost zip on his passes since the 08 injury.

No way is he worth trading picks for, but I'm sure there's a sucker team out there desperate for a QB .

Duff McCartney
01-24-2011, 09:54 PM
He did throw for 26 TDS and 20 INTs....not great numbers but not awful either. He's definitely a starter on alot of teams.

The Reckoning
01-24-2011, 09:57 PM
he has the best job in the world. a backup nfl quarterback? thatd be a dream come true for me.

phxspurfan
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
He did throw for 26 TDS and 20 INTs....not great numbers but not awful either. He's definitely a starter on alot of teams.

:wow 49ers will take him.

pawe
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
cardinals do you want palmer,mcnabb or vince young

All of them. Mcnabb will be perfect though since he already has a home here in AZ.

I dont think Palmer's retiring bluff will work. I dont see him walking away from millions just like that.

ducks
01-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I like young better but mcnabb might be easier to convince

JamStone
01-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Wouldn't Pete Carroll inquire?

DPG21920
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
lol dead forum

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't Pete Carroll inquire?

that was my thought. personally, i think he has a lot left. he had some great years and even lately he's been above average on terrible teams with a plethora of distractions.

he's a good QB.