PDA

View Full Version : Guys, bandwagoner needs help! I have no idea who to root for?

21_Dickings
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
As a Lakers fan, I'm no stranger to bandwagoning the best teams in each respective major sport. Love my Yankees, Lakers, Red Wings/Canadiens, and I use to love me some Cowboys. But since they have sucked ass the last 10+ years, I've essentially been without a team. I was very close to finding myself a seat on the Patriots wagon, but after the 18-1 fiasco, I couldn't in good conscience associate myself with that franchise.

But if the Steelers win (and they should), the Superbowl will feature the two most successful NFL franchises in history, and I have no idea who to become a fan of.

My dilemma resides in the title counts. Us Lakers fans love nothing more than to "ring smack" the fans of lesser franchises. If I go with the Steelers, I have the most Superbowls of all time, but if I go with the Packers, I have the most NFL championships of all time. You could argue the Steelers' six Superbowls are ostensibly "greater" than the Packers' 12 combined championships, because they came in tougher era. But still, rings are rings, and those NFL titles Packers won count just the same in the record books. (Those early title are very similar to the Lakers five championships in Minny, I must say. Won in weak era when no one cared.)

That said, it's not an easy decision. The modern fan only seems to care about Superbowls, so if I choose the Packers, I lose out on the Superbowl smack, however, 12 overall titles is a nice number to throw at opposing fanbases.

Help!

lefty
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Steelers

TampaDude
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Steelers, of course.

Spurs rock
01-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Pack!

DPG21920
01-30-2011, 03:56 PM
lol dead forum

lefty
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Pick the Packers !!!!

DMX7
02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
At least you're upfront about it. It makes it less worse.