PDA

View Full Version : Troy Murphy Anyone?

cutewizard
01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
can we get Troy Morphy?

comments guys?

justinandimcool
01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
A player who won't be bought out, we can't afford, hasn't done anything good in two seasons? Pass.

DesignatedT
01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
He makes $12 mil a season. so no.

SenorSpur
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
As recently as last week, I read that the Spurs, Magic and Celtics were at least 3 of the teams that are interested in him. I know Pop fancies stretch-4 guys, even if they're poor defenders, but it's seems to me that the Spurs have already reached their quota with Bonner.

Mel_13
01-24-2011, 12:10 PM
can we get Troy Morphy?

comments guys?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170406

ChumpDumper
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
My comment is lol.

8FOR!3
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
You don't want Troy Murphy. Not that I dislike him, but trust me, we don't.

xmas1997
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Anybody heard if he is going to be bought out?

02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
if the spurs get him, they can play novak, bonner, and murphy on the court all at once!

xmas1997
02-13-2011, 08:41 PM
if the spurs get him, they can play novak, bonner, and murphy on the court all at once!

Add Manu and George and that is one hell of a 3 pt threat!

xmas1997
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I read somewhere (don't ask me where because I don't know) that if he gets bought out, that Orlando and the Spurs are the front runners for his services, and that he's leaning toward the Spurs.

Mr. Body
02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
In a week I'm going to ask everyone if we should get Troy Murphy.

Big P
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I read somewhere (don't ask me where because I don't know) that if he gets bought out, that Orlando and the Spurs are the front runners for his services, and that he's leaning toward the Spurs.

I read about the Orlando rumor, but I don't remember seeing SA mentioned...if he is bought out and joined the Spurs, that would be a huge boost!

TP2150
02-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Maybe Notre Dame alum Chris Quinn, can convince him to come here.

lil'mo
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
he's a shit load better than novak

Big P
02-13-2011, 11:20 PM
he's a shit load better than novak

And bonner!

Ditty
02-13-2011, 11:38 PM

spurs report :lol

I loomed there a few minutes ago

it was from a guy who has 2 posts so I wouldn't count on it but Stein has said Mavs,Spurs and Magic would be his top 3 choices.

Baseline
02-14-2011, 12:25 AM
If he's bought out, I'd love to have Troy Murphy. He can legitimately bang, whereas Bonner can't even pretend to do that.

Ginobili2Duncan
02-14-2011, 12:32 AM

it was from a guy who has 2 posts so I wouldn't count on it but Stein has said Mavs,Spurs and Magic would be his top 3 choices.

I'm suprised that those are his choices. I pictured him going to the Heat. They could use him the most.

xmas1997
02-14-2011, 01:10 AM

You're right. That is where I read it, and only 2 posts too so I agree, I won't count on it, although he did say his "sources" said Murphy was leaning toward the Spurs, whatever that means.

Ok, it is highly unlikely, but just for the sake of argument, suppose it is true.
How would this impact the Spurs?
Would he choose the Spurs?
Would they pick him up?
And how quickly would it take to acclimate him into the Spurs system, knowing full well it usually takes a full year to learn?

Ice009
02-14-2011, 01:41 AM
You're right. That is where I read it, and only 2 posts too so I agree, I won't count on it, although he did say his "sources" said Murphy was leaning toward the Spurs, whatever that means.

Ok, it is highly unlikely, but just for the sake of argument, suppose it is true.
How would this impact the Spurs?
Would he choose the Spurs?
Would they pick him up?
And how quickly would it take to acclimate him into the Spurs system, knowing full well it usually takes a full year to learn?

Isn't Troy Murphy a 3 point shooter that can rebound? The main problem with Bonner is that he is a horrible rebounder to go along with average defense.

I assume Murphy is a very average defender too so not sure how he compared to Bonner is overall defense, but from what I recall he can rebound the ball which would put him higher than Bonner IMO.

So having said that why wouldn't the Spurs want him? It's obvious that they love having a big that can spread the floor so if they can get another that might be an overall upgrade over Bonner, why wouldn't they want him. If one of them is having a bad game I'm sure Pop would love it if he had another that can step in and legitimately help spread the floor.

If this is the way Pop wants to play then IMO our chances would be a lot better to have two of these types of players than just relying on Bonner alone in the playoffs.

xmas1997
02-14-2011, 09:02 AM
30 yr. old 6'11" 246 lb. C/PF from Notre Dame drafted in 2001, .394% 3 pt shooting big.

SenorSpur
02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Isn't Troy Murphy a 3 point shooter that can rebound? The main problem with Bonner is that he is a horrible rebounder to go along with average defense.

I assume Murphy is a very average defender too so not sure how he compared to Bonner is overall defense, but from what I recall he can rebound the ball which would put him higher than Bonner IMO.

So having said that why wouldn't the Spurs want him? It's obvious that they love having a big that can spread the floor so if they can get another that might be an overall upgrade over Bonner, why wouldn't they want him. If one of them is having a bad game I'm sure Pop would love it if he had another that can step in and legitimately help spread the floor.

If this is the way Pop wants to play then IMO our chances would be a lot better to have two of these types of players than just relying on Bonner alone in the playoffs.

He can rebound. He's just a shitty defensive player. Pop has fallen out of love with bigs who can play in the post and has married himself to nothing but shooting bigs.

Still the guy does have size and can rebound. I'd take him and play him in any playoff series, as he would provide quality depth to the Spurs frontline.

The Nets are trying desparately to secure some assets for Murphy. However if they're forced to buy him out, expect the Spurs to be first in line.

8FOR!3
02-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I honestly don't think Troy Murphy can play Matt Bonner's role as well as Matt Bonner. I'm not saying that Murphy's not the better player, but Bonner is doing a very good job at what he is supposed to do. Murphy's still in his prime and is capable of putting up 15 and 10 on piss poor teams, he's going to want around 30 minutes give or take anywhere he goes. And you know what else makes me think he wouldn't shoot .500 from three? Because Matt Bonner is the only one doing it. This better be the last time I have to say that we don't want Troy Murphy. He can rebound, but a three point shooter is no help on the offensive boards. I think defensively we do a good job rebounding. Duncan can rebound, Blair can rebound, Dice, Splitter's starting to break in, and Bonner's not nearly as bad as some of you people give him credit for. He'll get you around 5 rebounds in 25 minutes of play give or take, Troy Murphy may give you 7. Big deal. Plus Bonner's just as good a defender. Murphy is the better player, but Bonner is a smarter player and is more efficient for the Spurs in this situation. Not saying we would be worse with Murphy, I'm just saying he's not worth it.

One of these days you kids will learn that basketball is about more than just someone's NBA 2K rating.

Spursfan092120
02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
We're 45-9...why do people keep trying to change the team? This is the team we're rolling with to the playoffs, and I couldn't be happier. Quit trying to fix what ain't broke.

SenorSpur
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
We're 45-9...why do people keep trying to change the team? This is the team we're rolling with to the playoffs, and I couldn't be happier. Quit trying to fix what ain't broke.

Because like it or not, the Spurs are STILL at a tremendous size disadvantage against the Fakers and Celtics. Two of the teams that they will eventually have to conquer if they want to be the last team standing.

Don't get me wrong. The record is great, but all other NBA teams do not even come close to presenting the type of size and physical advantage the Fakers and Celtics have. Because those teams have matched up against one another in the past 2 NBA Finals, they've both made conscious offseason moves to counter one another. The rest of the playoff contenders would be wise to react accordingly.

How the Spurs can matchup against those two teams is what really matters.

Bito Corleone
02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
This thread again, eh?

cutewizard
02-14-2011, 11:29 AM

cool

we could get really stacked in here

CGD
02-14-2011, 12:23 PM
I think the Spurs are really high on this guy and certainly would jump at a chance to get him in event of a buy-out. Not to mention, a stint with the Spurs would likely rehabilitate his career.

Hoops Czar
02-14-2011, 12:25 PM
cool

we could get really stacked in here

That's funny, I read Celtics and Mavs.

portnoy1
02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
I honestly don't think Troy Murphy can play Matt Bonner's role as well as Matt Bonner. I'm not saying that Murphy's not the better player, but Bonner is doing a very good job at what he is supposed to do. Murphy's still in his prime and is capable of putting up 15 and 10 on piss poor teams, he's going to want around 30 minutes give or take anywhere he goes. And you know what else makes me think he wouldn't shoot .500 from three? Because Matt Bonner is the only one doing it. This better be the last time I have to say that we don't want Troy Murphy. He can rebound, but a three point shooter is no help on the offensive boards. I think defensively we do a good job rebounding. Duncan can rebound, Blair can rebound, Dice, Splitter's starting to break in, and Bonner's not nearly as bad as some of you people give him credit for. He'll get you around 5 rebounds in 25 minutes of play give or take, Troy Murphy may give you 7. Big deal. Plus Bonner's just as good a defender. Murphy is the better player, but Bonner is a smarter player and is more efficient for the Spurs in this situation. Not saying we would be worse with Murphy, I'm just saying he's not worth it.

One of these days you kids will learn that basketball is about more than just someone's NBA 2K rating.
How is Bonner Smarter as a player? Thats a stretch frankly. If you were to say Oberto, A guy who had no exact skill but helped the team tremendously during their runs, then I would understand saying that someone is smarter. But exactly what has Matt Bonner done that Makes him Smarter than Troy Murphy?

ChumpDumper
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
So why does Murphy suck this season?

8FOR!3
02-14-2011, 03:50 PM
How is Bonner Smarter as a player? Thats a stretch frankly. If you were to say Oberto, A guy who had no exact skill but helped the team tremendously during their runs, then I would understand saying that someone is smarter. But exactly what has Matt Bonner done that Makes him Smarter than Troy Murphy?

You're right. I meant more intelligent in general.

Gagnrath
02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't want murphy, I want a fast 6'10" or better guy with enough strength to not get shoved around in the paint. Must be able to rebound and not be stupid with fouls. The only offense you need is to be able to put back rebounds and a lay in or dunk when force fed under the rim. Honestly Blair 2 inches taller and 10% faster would be perfect. I like Blair alot but he's slightly slower than I'd like and just a little to short. Fairly smart basketball wise with great heart but I would love to see his brain and heart in a slightly different body.

Spursfan092120
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Because like it or not, the Spurs are STILL at a tremendous size disadvantage against the Fakers and Celtics. Two of the teams that they will eventually have to conquer if they want to be the last team standing.

Don't get me wrong. The record is great, but all other NBA teams do not even come close to presenting the type of size and physical advantage the Fakers and Celtics have. Because those teams have matched up against one another in the past 2 NBA Finals, they've both made conscious offseason moves to counter one another. The rest of the playoff contenders would be wise to react accordingly.

I see where you're coming from with this..but at the same time, they can't match our shooters. Back in the day, we used to make people play our style, now we always adjust to theirs. Granted, we were big when we made them play our style, but with our shooting, I truly think Blair, Tim, and McDyess can handle the size issues underneath and Bonner can spread it out a bit. I truly don't believe any team in the playoffs can match our backcourt with Tony, Manu, and George. The size will be the issue, but I think we can overcome that. I truly do.

Big P
02-14-2011, 11:25 PM
So why does Murphy suck this season?

Looks like he has played about 18 games, started 4 and his last game was on Jan. 7.

K-State Spur
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Because like it or not, the Spurs are STILL at a tremendous size disadvantage against the Fakers and Celtics. Two of the teams that they will eventually have to conquer if they want to be the last team standing....

And there is nobody the Spurs can add who negates that size advantage. That's a mismatch in the opponent's any way you cut it.

On the other hand, the Spurs offer a quicker, better shooting club than most of the opposition.

I know that San Antonio has kinda been the chameleons over the years. Always beating the opponents at their own game. But this team's best chance is to force the opponents to adjust to them.

I mentioned this in another thread, but LA isn't going to play Bynum in crunch time anyways. A Gasol/Odom front line is still long, but it's by no means unmanageable for Duncan/Dyess (as evidenced 2 weeks ago).

Indazone
02-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Why would anyone want T-Murph. It's not like he's a scoring and rebounding machine.

EricB
02-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Not within ten feet of this team. Keep away....

E-RockWill
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
If he signs on the cheap, sure. He would be playoff insurance @ best.

xmas1997
02-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Like Glenn Robinson was once upon a time.

SenorSpur
02-15-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd actually prefer Jason Thompson of the Sad Sac Kings.

Mel_13
02-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski:

The Hornets will likely be in pursuit of New Jersey Nets forward Troy Murphy(notes) once the Nets reach a buyout agreement with him after the trade deadline. Nets coach Avery Johnson made clear he didn’t want Murphy after the three-team trade that brought him from the Indiana Pacers. Trade talks have gone nowhere for Murphy, who has an expiring contract. Nets GM Billy King will ultimately work a buyout to free Murphy to sign elsewhere.

In addition to the Hornets, several other teams are expected to show interest in Murphy, including the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic and Dallas Mavericks, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets021511

bus driver
02-16-2011, 10:51 AM
i like him, he is fuckin funny on the dave chappelle show

tuncaboylu
02-16-2011, 10:59 AM
We don't need him.

We can go after a back-up SF when buyouts complete, but Troy is totally useless.

duncan228
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Would Troy Murphy be a good fit with the Spurs? (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/16/would-troy-murphy-be-a-good-fit-with-the-spurs/)
Tim Griffin

There’s been a lot of message-board speculation that disgruntled New Jersey forward Troy Murphy could help the Spurs this season in a playoff push.

Murphy has fallen out Coach Avery Johnson’s favor and the Nets’ rotation because of his frequent defensive lapses, but could help a contending team because of his perimeter shooting skills and his rebounding.

Nets general manager Billy King told the YES Network earlier this week that he is actively working to move Murphy before the Feb. 24 trade deadline (hat tip Pro Basketball Talk.com (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/15/nets-gm-king-thinks-troy-murphy-will-be-moved).)

“Obviously, you know, I’m very focused on Troy,” King told the network. “I feel bad for Troy in this situation, but I think something will come before the deadline.”

Keep reading... (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/16/would-troy-murphy-be-a-good-fit-with-the-spurs/)

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/16/would-troy-murphy-be-a-good-fit-with-the-spurs/

jjktkk
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Murphy would be the 4th bigman at best if the Spurs got him. Highly doubt Murphy would be happy in that scenario.

duncan228
02-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Hit the link for detail.

Clarifying Troy Murphy talk: Trade no, buyout maybe (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/16/clarifying-troy-murphy-talk-trade-no-buyout-maybe/)
Jeff McDonald

...Since the Spurs are over the salary cap, league rules prohibit them from adding salary via trade. As such, if the Spurs were to trade for Murphy, they would have to send out as much payroll as they take in.

...If the Spurs do have interest in Murphy, it is likely to come after the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/16/clarifying-troy-murphy-talk-trade-no-buyout-maybe/

portnoy1
02-16-2011, 03:25 PM
If Bonner can get 22minutes a game by hitting 3's and playing passable defense then.......How can Murphy not get playing time with his abilities. Murphy is 6-11, and although he cant shoot 3's at 50% he can shoot it at 40% and do more off the dribble and on the perimeter when teams close out on him. He can also grab offensive rebounds despite what people say. 2008-09 11.8rbs 2.0off / 2005-06 10rbs 2.6off / 2004-05 10.8rbs 3.6off / 2002-03 10.2rbs 2.9off. And his 3pt shooting is more than good. 2007-08 40% / 2008-09 45% / 2009-10 38%. He is a 30minute a game player, so if you give him matt bonners minutes you can probably expect 8pts 5-6rbs and not get beasted on the boards like someone else the spurs have.

jjktkk
02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
If Bonner can get 22minutes a game by hitting 3's and playing passable defense then.......How can Murphy not get playing time with his abilities. Murphy is 6-11, and although he cant shoot 3's at 50% he can shoot it at 40% and do more off the dribble and on the perimeter when teams close out on him. He can also grab offensive rebounds despite what people say. 2008-09 11.8rbs 2.0off / 2005-06 10rbs 2.6off / 2004-05 10.8rbs 3.6off / 2002-03 10.2rbs 2.9off. And his 3pt shooting is more than good. 2007-08 40% / 2008-09 45% / 2009-10 38%. He is a 30minute a game player, so if you give him matt bonners minutes you can probably expect 8pts 5-6rbs and not get beasted on the boards like someone else the spurs have.

Murphy is not a 30 minute player anymore. Plus, if your the Spurs, why would you want to potentially mess up the chemistry of the team by bringing in a guy like Murphy, who would want more minutes than the Spurs Pop is willing to dish out?

portnoy1
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Murphy is not a 30 minute player anymore. Plus, if your the Spurs, why would you want to potentially mess up the chemistry of the team by bringing in a guy like Murphy, who would want more minutes than the Spurs Pop is willing to dish out?If he is serious about winning then he would make adjustments. If your playing with HOF champion like Tim Duncan and you have never been to the playoffs during your whole ten year career Im sure you would make adjustments.

Now if your playing next to the likes of Andres biedrins, Roy Hibbert and Brook lopez on teams that lose 50 games a season, then your less likely to want to make sacrifices knowing that the team is gonna suck regardless of what you do.

Warlord23
02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Here's how I look at the Murphy situation. Pop is looking for a big man with 3 qualities to play alongside Duncan: defense, rebounding, reliable long-range jumpshot - basically a Robert Horry type skillset. Let's see how our current bigs not named Duncan stack up:

Blair: Defense Below Average, Rebounding Great, Jumpshot Poor
Bonner: Defense Below Average, Rebounding Poor, Jumpshot Great, including 3 pointers
Dice: Defense Very Good, Rebounding Average, Jumpshot Good, but mid-range only

Basically we have 3 big men who have different and complementary skill-sets but none of them is the total package. Will Murphy be a better bet than any of them?
Murphy: Defense Poor, Rebounding Very Good, Jumpshot Great, including 3 pointers

He fits the bill ideally on 2 out of 3 parameters, and is basically Bonner + rebounding. So while he should beat out Bonner, is he really the answer when matching up vs the Mavs or the Lakers in crunch time? Against the Mavs, he will match up with Dirk who will score all over him. I'd much rather prefer Dice in that role. Against the Lakers, he is a more intriguing match-up as he can keep us afloat on the boards and hit the 3. None of our other bigs is that great at 1-on-1 D on Gasol or Bynum anyway, so he can be more useful in that series than both Blair and Bonner.

The obvious downside is that he doesn't have the chemistry with our guys and more importantly, has zero playoff experience. There is a good chance that the stage might be too big for him - in which case we go back to Plan Ginger. Bottomline: he can help in some situations, and we aren't losing anything by having an extra option.

jjktkk
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
If he is serious about winning then he would make adjustments. If your playing with HOF champion like Tim Duncan and you have never been to the playoffs during your whole ten year career Im sure you would make adjustments.

Now if your playing next to the likes of Andres biedrins, Roy Hibbert and Brook lopez on teams that lose 50 games a season, then your less likely to want to make sacrifices knowing that the team is gonna suck regardless of what you do.

Aren't you kinda curious if Murphy was playing up to his normal standards, why he can't get any playing time for a borderline lottery team like the Nets?

portnoy1
02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Here's how I look at the Murphy situation. Pop is looking for a big man with 3 qualities to play alongside Duncan: defense, rebounding, reliable long-range jumpshot - basically a Robert Horry type skillset. Let's see how our current bigs not named Duncan stack up:

Blair: Defense Below Average, Rebounding Great, Jumpshot Poor
Bonner: Defense Below Average, Rebounding Poor, Jumpshot Great, including 3 pointers
Dice: Defense Very Good, Rebounding Average, Jumpshot Good, but mid-range only

Basically we have 3 big men who have different and complementary skill-sets but none of them is the total package. Will Murphy be a better bet than any of them?
Murphy: Defense Poor, Rebounding Very Good, Jumpshot Great, including 3 pointers

He fits the bill ideally on 2 out of 3 parameters, and is basically Bonner + rebounding. So while he should beat out Bonner, is he really the answer when matching up vs the Mavs or the Lakers in crunch time? Against the Mavs, he will match up with Dirk who will score all over him. I'd much rather prefer Dice in that role. Against the Lakers, he is a more intriguing match-up as he can keep us afloat on the boards and hit the 3. None of our other bigs is that great at 1-on-1 D on Gasol or Bynum anyway, so he can be more useful in that series than both Blair and Bonner.

The obvious downside is that he doesn't have the chemistry with our guys and more importantly, has zero playoff experience. There is a good chance that the stage might be too big for him - in which case we go back to Plan Ginger. Bottomline: he can help in some situations, and we aren't losing anything by having an extra option. Murphy along with his rebounding also has height at 6-11. Since Splitter most likely will not get a run in the playoffs Murphy is our best bet in the size department as well.

Cane
02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Aren't you kinda curious if Murphy was playing up to his normal standards, why he can't get any playing time for a borderline lottery team like the Nets?

Especially since the Nets are run kinda like the Spurs now that Avery Johnson took 'em over. He's probably appalled by Murphy's below-average defensive efforts. That other ex-Spur turned head coach, Monty Williams, wouldn't play Marcus Thornton until he got up to speed defensively despite his instant-offense skills.

Warlord23
02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Murphy along with his rebounding also has height at 6-11. Since Splitter most likely will not get a run in the playoffs Murphy is our best bet in the size department as well.

Well size by itself doesn't help, it has to translate into something tangible - typically rebounding or defense. In Murphy's case it does help his rebounding, but doesn't seem to help his defense. If he was a slightly better defender this would be simple decision for Pop. Even without that, I'm in favor of picking him up to give us some more versatility.

Mel_13
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
For the pro-rated portion of the vet minimum as injury insurance, why not? If he does get bought out, I believe he'll be looking for a situation where he's much more likely to get regular minutes than with the Spurs. Orlando has to be a much more attractive destination for Murphy.

One other thing, the guy has only played one game since December and he was terrible when he was in the rotation early this season. We have no idea how close he is to game ready or if he'll ever be able to perform in a bench role. The evidence from this season doesn't support that notion.

portnoy1
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Aren't you kinda curious if Murphy was playing up to his normal standards, why he can't get any playing time for a borderline lottery team like the Nets? I hear two different things about that, 1 - he was pissed about the whole trade situation or 2 - avery said he wasnt playing D. I can see scenario 1 more than scenario 2 because murphy hasnt played much and they still rank 20th defensively anyway.

SenorSpur
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Supposedly Avery has gotten down on him because of his repeated defensive lapses.

As much as the Spurs could use his size and rebounding, I just don't see the point of adding yet another terrible defender to a team that is still trying to improve its overall defense. It makes absolutely no sense, which is probably why it will happen - assuming he gets bought out.

That said, there's no way in hell the Spurs should trade for this guy.

SenorSpur
02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
For the pro-rated portion of the vet minimum as injury insurance, why not? If he does get bought out, I believe he'll be looking for a situation where he's much more likely to get regular minutes than with the Spurs. Orlando has to be a much more attractive destination for Murphy.

One other thing, the guy has only played one game since December and he was terrible when he was in the rotation early this season. We have no idea how close he is to game ready or if he'll ever be able to perform in a bench role. The evidence from this season doesn't support that notion.

Good point. How can the guy be in shape if he's only played sparingly the past few months?

K-State Spur
02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
As much as the Spurs could use his size and rebounding

rebounding isn't an issue for this team.