PDA

View Full Version : Please Dear Lord let Duncan be okay.

50 cent
01-24-2011, 11:38 PM
:depressed

http://www.thisisjustcool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/image/boy%20and%20dog%20praying.JPG

GrandeDavid
01-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Good thing it didn't appear to be some major twist and at least he could put some weight on it. Scary though.

Juanobili
01-24-2011, 11:43 PM
seriously. I can't imagine how depressed I'd be looking back at this season if Duncan didn't finish it.

Dex
01-24-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.thecatgallery.com/images/praying-cat-2.JPG

Think my heart skipped a beat when he went down. Moments like that make you realize how quick everything could change, with one misstep.

Glad to see him get up and walk off under his own weight. Don't want to call anything yet, but hopefully just something minor. Get well soon, Timmy D.

Blackjack
01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo3nFM3JKXaTqTXD6mWvIr-h6vNBVOBD21y4CXEPPXZKy2KCrJdgt314mA

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRl1i03Qs3QdHsaIWWCIY6LZWSYkdhJ 2XH8n7tlKwnbnZnYS4cLlFr7DVI

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfINXsZO2SfWuhifyx6t0GIPStZbwPW exuJ_unPaBaAeyzt8i6

If you no help me now . . .

ChuckD
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
:lol You guys haven't figured out what a pain baby Duncan is yet? There are probably half a dozen times a year where he rolls around in agony on the floor for 10 minutes.

Blackjack
01-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Jobu been bery, bery good to me. :toast

(And yes, I know how overly dramatic he can be when it comes to knees and ankles. But when he goes down nothing can be taken for granted, especially at this stage of his career.)

honestfool84
01-25-2011, 12:08 AM
:lol You guys haven't figured out what a pain baby Duncan is yet? There are probably half a dozen times a year where he rolls around in agony on the floor for 10 minutes.

it's easy to say that AFTER the fact... but when he's down, it's different.

duncan228
01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
For the MDs among us: Official diagnosis on Tim Duncan is/was a hyperflexed left knee

50 cent
01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
http://photos.igougo.com/images/p193662-Atlantic_City_NJ-Praise_the_Lord.jpg

Brutalis
01-25-2011, 12:56 AM
He's gunna be real sore.

TwelveGs210
01-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Rapper is going to suicide before he realizes Duncan actually returns in the second half.

lil'mo
01-25-2011, 01:11 AM

6 times a year? once a year, maybe, i'd say.

awktalk
01-25-2011, 01:18 AM

He was not writhing in pain, he just felt something tweak and wanted to play it safe. He was sitting on the floor, feeling it. Not "rolling around in agony". Idiot.

duncan228
01-25-2011, 01:27 AM
For anyone that missed it.

Video: Duncan goes down

http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2011/01/24/0021000662_sas_gsw_play2.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Blackjack
01-25-2011, 01:36 AM
He said he wasn't sure what happened and that he'd have to see a replay. "My leg just kind of got hung up under me," to paraphrase.

Looks like he tweaked it on the screen he set at the top of the key and then exacerbated it when he stumbled after the rebound attempt.

Hyperflex, not extend, according to Timmy.

GSH
01-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Duncan was setting a pick on Acie Law. His left foot was planted, and his left knee was bent. I thought Law ran into the inside of Duncan's knee and bent it outward. But in the replay, it doesn't look like there was any contact. He just started to turn while his knee was bent, and maybe his toe stuck a little bit.

He was back in the second half, but when he was just standing it looked to me like he was up on his left tiptoe a lot. He'll be getting an MRI in the morning, and I still wouldn't be surprised if they make him stay off of it for a couple of games. Even if there is no damage, that "tweak" was still from ligaments being strained. And if he was really up on his left toe, like I think he was, it's because it feels weak.

I'd rather be without him for a couple of games now, than be without him in the playoffs.

duncan228
01-25-2011, 01:37 AM
He said he wasn't sure what happened and that he'd have to see a replay. "My leg just kind of got hung up under me," to paraphrase.

Looks like he tweaked it on the screen he set at the top of the key and then exacerbated it when he stumbled after the rebound attempt.

Hyperflex, not extend, according to Timmy.

Thanks. :)

TE
01-25-2011, 02:16 AM
thank you god.

spurs1990
01-25-2011, 02:28 AM

He fell down like he got shot.

Jeez.

GSH
01-25-2011, 02:32 AM
BTW - in the interview, Tim was only talking about when he fell, while going for the rebound. But it looked like the injury happened a couple of seconds before, when he was setting the pick. (His face showed a hell of a lot of pain.) I know it sounds strange, but I wonder if he even remembers the first injury? Things happen in the heat of battle like that. When he fell, it looked like the knee just wouldn't hold him. But it looked like the reason it wouldn't hold him because of what happened to it while he was setting the pick.

Part of the evaluation process is knowing how the injury happened. They may feel differently about this after they look at the replays. What happened on that pick isn't what you would normally think of as a hyperflexion injury. When he fell, the knee hyperflexed - but there's another reason he fell to begin with

I'm just saying.

Rummpd
01-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Duncan may be melodramatic at times but he is no Paul Pierce with his wheelchair crap.

Blackjack
01-25-2011, 02:40 AM
BTW - in the interview, Tim was only talking about when he fell, while going for the rebound. But it looked like the injury happened a couple of seconds before, when he was setting the pick. (His face showed a hell of a lot of pain.) I know it sounds strange, but I wonder if he even remembers the first injury? Things happen in the heat of battle like that. When he fell, it looked like the knee just wouldn't hold him. But it looked like it wouldn't hold him because of what happened to it while he was setting the pick.

Part of the evaluation process is knowing how the injury happened. They may feel differently about this after they look at the replays. What happened on that pick isn't what you would normally think of as a hyperflexion injury.

I'm just saying.

From what I saw, it looked like he just took a misstep on the screen that had him somewhat jam his knee over the shin, so to speak -- I'm neither a doctor nor do I play one on a messageboard but that's the best I've got at the moment. I think that was the initial tweak and then on the rebound he got his foot caught up under him a bit after stumbling and that's when he went down.

But I'm pretty sure he was just trying to get through the question as quick as possible and not go too in-depth. Free throw shooting and injury, they're things Duncan doesn't want to talk about nor should anyone worth their salt ask him about them if they're any kind of Spurs fan.

Bastards . . . :downspin:

SpursFanInAustin
01-25-2011, 07:56 AM
I remember when he injured his knee in 2000 vs the Kings before halftime, and was concerned then that it was serious. I breathed a sigh of relief when he continued playing in the 2nd half and finished the game with 33 pts. Then he never played another game for the rest of that season.

spursfan09
01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Eh. You worry when he goes outside of bounds courtside and sits indian style. That's how you know he's thinking about it.

SenorSpur
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
My jaw dropped and my heart skipped a beat, I just can't remember in what order.

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Paul is averaging 16.4 points – his fewest since his rookie season – 9.7 assists and a career-low 35.1 minutes. But he’s also averaging career highs in 3-point percentage (.462) and free-throw percentage (.893) and leads the league in steals per game (2.6).

“He hates me talking about it, but he plays through pain,” said Hornets coach Monty Williams. “I look at him like I do Tim [Duncan]. Those guys play through pain that most guys would sit out with.”

Said Paul: “I’m just fortunate to be able to play every night.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkVk5C0xkZFUBvYAJx5wq3i8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer012811

duncan228
01-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Spurs captain Tim Duncan walked in the locker room after his pregame shooting drills, sat in front of his locker and removed the brace he has worn for the past three seasons to protect his surgically repaired left knee.

Gently placing it in a safe spot next to his locker, Duncan acknowledged the importance of the device when he fell awkwardly in the Spurs’ victory over the Warriors on Monday.

“Will (head athletic trainer Will Sevening) told me it definitely saved me this time,” Duncan said.

“And that’s not the first time.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/29/aggressive-move-keys-jefferson%e2%80%99s-productivity/