PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Beaubois nearing return

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 12:21 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1685240/rss

Mavs are coming back, he will more than replace the scoring void left by Butler's injury. About a week or so to go.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 12:24 AM
I love Beaubois' game, but he's looking frail with this injury..

sribb43
01-25-2011, 12:30 AM
People are fooling themselves if they think he is going to come right in and replace Butlers scoring. It will take him a while to get back in the groove. Also remember that as good as he looked at times last year, he was equally as bad. Still a very young player who has limited experience at this level. He is good but people need to tap the breaks on how high their expectations are of him this season

urunobili
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
He's a terrific baller good for the game :tu

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 12:40 AM
:lol they have been saying 2-3 weeks for months now. I guess 1-2 weeks is a bit of a step up. But tbh Fisher did write that he is running, cutting and doing physical drills. Fisher predicted he would be in uniform in the Mavs next road game.

sribb43
01-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Roddy coming back better mean less minutes for Barea.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I love Beaubois' game, but he's looking frail with this injury..

It was a common break (5th metatarsel, non-weight bearing bone in your foot) same thing Jennings had. Mavs tried to rush him back to early last time, but by all reports he appears to be on track. Whether he's a frail/injury prone player, only time will tell.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
We'll see what he's got.
His game is exactly what the Mavs need. The starting line up I think the Mavs are gonna roll
out for the remaining of the season will be
Chandler
Nowitzki
Peja
Roddy
Kidd.
This is of course barring any trade. Bench of Stevenson, Terry, Haywood, Marion would look nice

ElNono
01-25-2011, 01:10 AM
I agree it's gonna take him a while to regain his form, but with Butler down Rick has no excuses not to play him now. I actually want to see whose minutes he's going to get... I suspect it might not be Barea, but some from Kidd and JT. We'll see.

MavDynasty
01-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Tbh idk if I would bench Stevenson. Peja has been shitty on offense for a while now and his defense has been shit for years. Deshawn has proved this year that he is a great shooter as well as a defender.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Agree with MD, benching Stevenson for Peja would be extremely stupid IMO..Stevenson is shooting 44% from 3s at 4 attempts per game, some crazy efficiency..also an above average defender..

Peja is one of the worst defenders in NBA history, and his shooting wouldn't be a significant upgrade..to be fair though, I don't think highly of Stojakovic at all, I don't think he warrants more than 5 MPG..

jestersmash
01-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Now, are we sure he isn't Goran Dragic 2.0?

DesignatedT
01-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Beaubois can't help the mavs from getting bounced in the first round. it's inevitable.

DJ Mbenga
01-25-2011, 01:29 AM
is roddy a sf? otherwise he cant replace him. if this means barrea wont play it is an upgrade immedately.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 01:33 AM

nothing alike whatsoever.... Monte Ellis type talent on offensive end. This kid's special.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 01:34 AM
is roddy a sf? otherwise he cant replace him. if this means barrea wont play it is an upgrade immedately.

He was projected to start at shooting guard at the beginning of the season. He can't replace a lot of things Butler did, but he can be a 2nd option on offense next to Dirk.

crc21209
01-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Non-story....:lol

jjktkk
01-25-2011, 01:47 AM
people are fooling themselves if they think he is going to come right in and replace butlers scoring. It will take him a while to get back in the groove. Also remember that as good as he looked at times last year, he was equally as bad. Still a very young player who has limited experience at this level. He is good but people need to tap the breaks on how high their expectations are of him this season

+1.

oh crap
01-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Non-story....:lol

:tu

who?

dirk4mvp
01-25-2011, 02:30 AM
who?

that one guy on the kings that everyone's heard of.

rofl Kingsfan

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Tbh idk if I would bench Stevenson. Peja has been shitty on offense for a while now and his defense has been shit for years. Deshawn has proved this year that he is a great shooter as well as a defender.

the goods. sign, sealed, delivered.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 03:42 AM
the goods. sign, sealed, delivered.

I love Deshawn and what he has brought to the table
but once Roddy gets back I see his pt dropping. Roddy will start at the 2
with Jet backing him up. Deshawn could get minutes at the 3.
He'll still play but it'll be back to spot minutes, not anywhere near the minutes he has grown accustomed to playing.

koriwhat
01-25-2011, 04:26 AM
delusional mav fans... what's new?

MavFan6488
01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Beaubois can't help the mavs from getting bounced in the first round. it's inevitable.
you watched game 6 of last years series vs the spurs? roddy almost turned that game around but then he got benched in favor of jason terry. and the exact same thing will happen this year because carlisle believes in the veterans of this team and terry somehow has the rep of being clutch in 4th quarters :rolleyes

Shank
01-25-2011, 07:31 AM

You better hope he isn't.

sefant77
01-25-2011, 08:13 AM
you watched game 6 of last years series vs the spurs? roddy almost turned that game around but then he got benched in favor of jason terry. and the exact same thing will happen this year because carlisle believes in the veterans of this team and terry somehow has the rep of being clutch in 4th quarters :rolleyes

If RC does it again he can straight pack his bags, the media and the fans gonna blast him forever.

Everyone saw this game 6, everyone saw how shitty Terry played in every single playoff series since 2007. Terry is one of the biggest reasons of these playoff failures. Roddy IS the new fan darling despite Terrys few RS hero 4th quarter.

No way in hell Roddy can have a great game and getting benched again for a stonecold Terry.

sefant77
01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
btw Roddy rebroke his foot, thats why they were now so careful and patient bringing him back. Still, no idea what was the problem to tell in october that he re-broke it...

Rodrigue Beaubois: "The France national team told me 'a month and a half'. But Dallas then it made me realize that this type of injury (fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his left foot) required two or three months off. Then it was completely healed, [we] no longer saw the wound on the radio, but when doing an exercise, a small crack reappeared. The second injury takes longer to heal so it's annoying, but that's life."

Q: "How did you hurt yourself at the France NT?"
Roddy: " In fact, I felt a pain in the early summer, but I did not know what it was. It disappears and it came back, so I kept playing it. I did not feel pain recurring, but it came and went. I should('ve) worried about it a little more. And during a workout, I do a sprint and change direction and it was too bad. A big pain, I never had pain like that."

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Glass feet?

Zelophehad
01-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Glass feet?

Wow, he injured the same body part multiple times, thats positively Bynumesque :lol

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Wow, he injured the same body part multiple times, thats positively Bynumesque :lol

Keep that black and blue ass moist.

Zelophehad
01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Stay tuned everybody, its about one month til Bynum's annual knee injury :lol

Maybe he can overachieve this year and blow out both knees :lol

sefant77
01-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Good luck he is just 180lbs and not 100+ more

Killakobe81
01-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I hope roddy and all key players are 100% come playoff time, no excuses allowed either way.

sefant77
01-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I hope roddy and all key players are 100% come playoff time, no excuses allowed either way.

too bad even then there will be still the refs...

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
too bad even then there will be still the refs...

Don't worry, Dirk will still be there to shit the bed when it matters.

sefant77
01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I can hear allready Gasol screaming like a little girl holding the ball at the ellbow

romain.star
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
wow! Mavs/Lakers rivalry... :rolleyes

Killakobe81
01-25-2011, 10:02 AM
wow! Mavs/Lakers rivalry... :rolleyes

Rivalry Mavs have to win a playoff series before we would even consider it ...LOL. Spurs have one a few that is why yall have our respect ...Mavs? that is your rival not ours ...last few seasons only the Celts are our rivals.
If the spurs eliminate us, they will get back on the "radar".

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Uh... Butler is done. Losing your 2nd best player means you'll never be 100%.

Mavs fans, will Roddy start over DS?

Shank
01-25-2011, 10:10 AM

Not likely, but it may depend on the matchup. I could see him starting against a team like the Spurs and balancing out Parker's speed a bit, but I'd prefer he come off the bench with the 2nd unit for now.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Also remember that as good as he looked at times last year, he was equally as bad.

Where is your proof of this? You talking about the few times that he would come in, miss one shot or have one turnover and Carlisle would pull him for the rest of the game?

Almost every time Roddy was on the floor, good things happened for the Mavs. He wasnt perfect (no player is), but to say he was equally as bad as he was good is ignorant at best.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
We'll see what he's got.
His game is exactly what the Mavs need. The starting line up I think the Mavs are gonna roll
out for the remaining of the season will be
Chandler
Nowitzki
Peja
Roddy
Kidd.
This is of course barring any trade. Bench of Stevenson, Terry, Haywood, Marion would look nice

If they start Peja, they need to start Stevenson.

If they start Roddy, they need to start Marion.

Personally, I would start Peja and Stevenson. That provides more spacing for when Dirk and Kidd are in the game. Then there is more firepower off the bench for when Dirk goes out.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I rather have Beaubois than Neal or Hill

You're absolutely crazy.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm absolutely crazy.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 11:28 AM

He was slated to start at the 2 guard at the beginning of the season. Personally, I think the GM (donnie) and Cuban got together with Rick over the summer and discussed this kids role on the team. Game 6 probably still wasn't enough persuasion for Rick. As long as he can prove he understands the offense and what they're trying to do on defense (with all the zone we play), and doesn't turn the ball over, he'll be a starter. Probably not immediately of course, but within a few weeks once he gets back I'd bet.

Haven't they labeled him "the future of the franchise?" You don't bench the future of the franchise.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
He was slated to start at the 2 guard at the beginning of the season. Personally, I think the GM (donnie) and Cuban got together with Rick over the summer and discussed this kids role on the team. Game 6 probably still wasn't enough persuasion for Rick. As long as he can prove he understands the offense and what they're trying to do on defense (with all the zone we play), and doesn't turn the ball over, he'll be a starter. Probably not immediately of course, but within a few weeks once he gets back I'd bet.

Haven't they labeled him "the future of the franchise?" You don't bench the future of the franchise.

as long as he takes a fair chunk of minutes away from Terry and Barea (especially Terry), then I will be happy.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
You're absolutely crazy.

A lot of people around the league are high on Roddy, for good reason. Spurs fans.... not so much, only the honest ones. Hill and Neal are developing into nice role players, but in Roddy we're talking about a kid who came within once inch of blake griffin's backboard tap at the combine. He's a supreme athlete with a lot of skill. Major upside... Expect him to have an impact on the offensive end.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
A lot of people around the league are high on Roddy, for good reason. Spurs fans.... not so much, only the honest ones. Hill and Neal are developing into nice role players, but in Roddy we're talking about a kid who came within once inch of blake griffin's backboard tap at the combine. He's a supreme athlete with a lot of skill. Major upside... Expect him to have an impact on the offensive end.

+1

Whether he will turn out to be any good through his career is entirely up to him, but he has all the talent and gifts to be truly great. He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability. He might be as naturally gifted and talented as any PG/undersized SG in the league right now. It's all a matter of how hard he works and adjusts to the USA style of game.

He seems to definitely be more of a scorer than a guy who can run an offense, which is something he will definitely need to work on considering his size. He needs to develop a more physical aspect to his game too, because while he was a very good man defender, he would often get eaten up on picks and that would hurt him badly in his team defense. He tended to get a few too many fouls called on him, but I think as he plays more that will get reduced from his improvement, as well as the fact that refs tend to call shit fouls against rookies.

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
btw Roddy rebroke his foot, thats why they were now so careful and patient bringing him back. Still, no idea what was the problem to tell in october that he re-broke it...

This was obvious long ago tbh.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM

Who isn't high on Roddy? I think he's got a ton of potential. But declaring him to be superior to Hill, a 6th man of the Year candidate, when Roddy has shown nothing on the court to consistently warrant such comparisons, is completely premature.

Yes, he's a great athlete. And that means what exactly? Nothing. There have been a ton of athletic freaks in the NBA who never became great players, role players, or even bench warmers. You think every guy that drops out of the League does so because he's not athletic enough?

That's exactly the kind of attitude that gives the Spurs such an edge in the NBA draft. Scouts and fans only care about guys that can jump out of the gym these days. Athleticism is NOT an indicator of NBA success any more than the 40 yard dash is an indicator of how well a player will perform in the NFL.

So yes, I think Roddy has the potential to be a good player. But pretending he's going to be a lock for a player like Hill (when Hill is CLEARLY at least two tiers above Roddy on defense) is completely, utterly ridiculous. If the Spurs offered Hill for Roddy today, I think the Mavs pull the trigger without a second of thought.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Who isn't high on Roddy? I think he's got a ton of potential. But declaring him to be superior to Hill, a 6th man of the Year candidate, when Roddy has shown nothing on the court to consistently warrant such comparisons, is completely premature.

Yes, he's a great athlete. And that means what exactly? Nothing. There have been a ton of athletic freaks in the NBA who never became great players, role players, or even bench warmers. You think every guy that drops out of the League does so because he's not athletic enough?

That's exactly the kind of attitude that gives the Spurs such an edge in the NBA draft. Scouts and fans only care about guys that can jump out of the gym these days. Athleticism is NOT an indicator of NBA success any more than the 40 yard dash is an indicator of how well a player will perform in the NFL.

So yes, I think Roddy has the potential to be a good player. But pretending he's going to be a lock for a player like Hill (when Hill is CLEARLY at least two tiers above Roddy on defense) is completely, utterly ridiculous. If the Spurs offered Hill for Roddy today, I think the Mavs pull the trigger without a second of thought.

First off, to address the bolded part, thats bullshit, considering they said they wouldnt even trade him unless they got someone like Bron, Wade, or Melo, and I think they would even be hesitant to trade him for Melo, unless he agreed to an extension.

As for the rest of your post, you keep talking about players with "athletic" ability. The thing is, Roddy isn't all about athletic ability. Of course he is a freakish athlete, but he also is extremely skilled. He handles the ball well, can throw fancy and precise passes, finishes at the rim well, finishes with contact well (especially for such a small dude), and is possibly the best jump shooter on the Mavs, Dirk being the only other one in the conversation. Dude is ridiculously skilled. His main thing is just adjusting to the NBA style of game and the higher level of competition. If he can make that adjustment, he will be fine. His skills and athletic ability will NOT be the issue though.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Hill for Roddy B??
No thanx

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM

:lol..... Roddy Beaubois has been labeled as the "future of the franchise." You think they'd trade him away for a 6th man of year candidate?

Your right, Roddy has shown very little.... and people would still take him over Hill. It's about POTENTIAL.... people would rather have a potential all star then a rotation player like Hill. All I'm saying about athletes is that in athletics.... athletes tend to excel in general, and this guy is freakishly athletic.

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
:lol..... Roddy Beaubois has been labeled as the "future of the franchise." You think they'd trade him away for a 6th man of year candidate?

Your right, Roddy has shown very little.... and people would still take him over Hill. It's about POTENTIAL.... people would rather have a potential all star then a rotation player like Hill. All I'm saying about athletes is that in athletics.... athletes tend to excel in general, and this guy is freakishly athletic.

Shame about his fragile feet, though.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
+1

Whether he will turn out to be any good through his career is entirely up to him, but he has all the talent and gifts to be truly great. He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability. He might be as naturally gifted and talented as any PG/undersized SG in the league right now. It's all a matter of how hard he works and adjusts to the USA style of game.

:lol

Yet MavFan is so quick to call out SpurFan for getting excited about Dejuan Blair. Roddy showed glimpses last season suree...but jesus christ son calm down. Blair had two 20-20 games last season as a rookie, showed glimpses of possibly being able to become a 15-10 player this season. He's hit a wall. Tyreke Evans is having a sophomore slump. Brandon Jenning after his 50 pt game last season hit a wall. He has tons of potential but come on son, wait until he gets regular minutes (which is still a question mark with barea on the roster btw)...and defenses scout him before you proclaim him to be the next Isiah Thomas.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
and I think they would even be hesitant to trade him for Melo, unless he agreed to an extension.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Mavs fans think Roddy = Melo.

I've heard everything now.

My god, you guys are full of yourselves. This is exactly the same thing Laker fan did with Bynum, proclaiming him to be "at worst, a career as good as Duncan" after less than 100 games in the NBA.

You guys are in for a massive reality check.

sribb43
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Where is your proof of this? You talking about the few times that he would come in, miss one shot or have one turnover and Carlisle would pull him for the rest of the game?

Almost every time Roddy was on the floor, good things happened for the Mavs. He wasnt perfect (no player is), but to say he was equally as bad as he was good is ignorant at best.

Look, Roddy is good but you fools have way too high expectations for him THIS SEASON. He has only played 700 min of NBA ball and most of those came against shit teams in this league. He needs more time to develop and his injury is a huge setback for him.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Yet MavFan is so quick to call out SpurFan for getting excited about Dejuan Blair. Roddy showed glimpses last season suree...but jesus christ son calm down. Blair had two 20-20 games last season as a rookie, showed glimpses of possibly being able to become a 15-10 player this season. He's hit a wall. Tyreke Evans is having a sophomore slump. Brandon Jenning after his 50 pt game last season hit a wall. He has tons of potential but come on son, wait until he gets regular minutes (which is still a question mark with barea on the roster btw)...and defenses scout him before you proclaim him to be the next Isiah Thomas.

if you actually read the post, you would have seen i also talked about some of his weaknesses and things he needs to improve on. I never said he will be that good. talent means nothing if you dont live up to it, which i acknowledged. I just mentioned the talent levels he has. fucking dumbass.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

My god, you guys are full of yourselves. This is exactly the same thing Laker fan did with Bynum, proclaiming him to be "at worst, a career as good as Duncan" after less than 100 games in the NBA.

for a guy who thinks he is so intelligent, you sure have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Look, Roddy is good but you fools have way too high expectations for him THIS SEASON. He has only played 700 min of NBA ball and most of those came against shit teams in this league. He needs more time to develop and his injury is a huge setback for him.

no doubt about it. but its at least worth a shot to see what he is capable of providing this year. no one said he absolutely will be the savior. but he deserves a chance, as much as anyone else. good thing is, he is young, and younger people tend to be able to recover and get back in shape much more quickly.

21_Blessings

:tu

Roddy Beaubois
You're absolutely crazy.

Imho, when it comes to trade value atm, Hill>Roddy>Neal.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Shame about his fragile feet, though.

Eh.... Brandong Jennings had the same injury. Problem with Roddy is that the Mavs tried to rush him back too early, making miss another two months. He appears fine now though, it's a very common break in basketball. But we'll just have to wait and see really. Too early to call him injury prone or whatever (though he may very well be with his style of play).

Phillip
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Cry Havoc logic -

trade a guy who has lots of potential to be a damn good player in the NBA, as well as several other key components of your team for ONE guy who is a helluva scorer, but will only be with the team for a few months, and will not guarantee the team any better of a chance at a championship than they currently have

makes perfect sense :dizzy

Cry Havoc

Holy shit, it's a reasonable Mavs fan. That's about as common as a California Condor, these days.

sribb43
The Mavs front office is fooling themselves if they are waiting for Roddy to return and see how this team is with him and Peja. I'm sorry but even with Roddy healthy this team needs to make a trade to contend this year. I do not trust Roddy as a 2nd scoring option, this year in the playoffs.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Cry Havoc logic -

trade a guy who has lots of potential to be a damn good player in the NBA, as well as several other key components of your team for ONE guy who is a helluva scorer, but will only be with the team for a few months, and will not guarantee the team any better of a chance at a championship than they currently have

makes perfect sense :dizzy

Phillip logic:

Beaubois (career average 7.1 ppg) is worth more than anyone in the NBA not named LeBron, Wade, or Melo.

:lmao

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Did you miss the part where Phillip said "unless he agreed to an extension"? It wouldn't make much sense to trade their only promising young player for a half season Melo rental. If Mavfan said they wouldn't trade Roddy for an extended Melo tho, that'd certainly be retarded.

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Also lol spurfan talking shit about Mavfan when their own say they wouldn't trade Dick-Jef for Melo.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Imho, when it comes to trade value atm, Hill>Roddy>Neal.

Not just saying this as a Mavs fan, but Roddy's trade value is through the roof. All the "untouchable" and "future of the franchise" talk has really sky rocketed his value.... coupled with a few flashes of brilliance by Roddy himself. Mavs are trying to land perennial all stars with Roddy, and he's actually considered a legit trade piece in such talks.

Teams are going to bite on Butler/Roddy package.... we couldn't sell a Butler/Hill package nearly as well. Part of Roddy's value is that he's a mystery with so much upside.... people know about his highlight reels, not necessarily all the times he was yanked because he was out of position on defense. Roddy has a lot of trade value right now, much more so than Hill.

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Phillip logic:

Beaubois (career average 7.1 ppg) is worth more than anyone in the NBA not named LeBron, Wade, or Melo.

Except that he didn't say anything close to that.

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Cry Faggot didn't learn how to read even after all the advanced literature essays he's written in his elite college program.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
if you actually read the post, you would have seen i also talked about some of his weaknesses and things he needs to improve on. I never said he will be that good. talent means nothing if you dont live up to it, which i acknowledged. I just mentioned the talent levels he has. fucking dumbass.

brah u basically said he has a combination of the tools that some of the most explosive scorers in the league have...he has talent, but to make such comparisons after 700 mins of nba time is ridiculous.

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
All the "untouchable" and "future of the franchise" talk has really sky rocketed his value....

When did this happen and who outside of you and Mark Cuban believes this?

Brandon Bass
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/425/jacksommerset.jpg

K-State Spur
01-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Mav fan* was only watching one end of the floor for Roddy for much of that series.

He looked unguardable by the Spurs at times, but he also got torched on the defensive end (which led to Carlisle pulling him).

* Edit: This was meant towards generic Mav Fan, I just realized that this also your SN :lol

Brandon Bass
01-25-2011, 02:13 PM
When did this happen and who outside of you and Mark Cuban believes this?

2MRdtXWcgIw

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/425/jacksommerset.jpg

& you'd have all the answers right? Because you're so fucking mighty here on ST, that you have so much pull, that you know for certain that Neal raped a bitch. Damn, I'm amazed at your piece of shit mentality. You're not offending ME because you THINK Gary Neal raped a bitch, so get off my rod faggot.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Not just saying this as a Mavs fan, but Roddy's trade value is through the roof. All the "untouchable" and "future of the franchise" talk has really sky rocketed his value.... coupled with a few flashes of brilliance by Roddy himself. Mavs are trying to land perennial all stars with Roddy, and he's actually considered a legit trade piece in such talks.

Teams are going to bite on Butler/Roddy package.... we couldn't sell a Butler/Hill package nearly as well. Part of Roddy's value is that he's a mystery with so much upside.... people know about his highlight reels, not necessarily all the times he was yanked because he was out of position on defense. Roddy has a lot of trade value right now, much more so than Hill.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

sup, are u a general manager???

in what tier of players is roddy b in...give some examples of the type of players that would warrant trading him? a straight up swap too, not packaged witt butler. im trying to get a feel of just how much general managers value roddy b's potential tbh

Ditty
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I hate to say this but Roddy has all the tools to be as good or better as Parker,kid can shoot.

Dude may be the fastest guy in the league he gets down the court fastttttttt

He does seem too out of control at times, and probably won't be as smart or unselfish player as Parker.

K-State Spur
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM

Mysteries with upside get you second round picks, not all-stars. Butler + Roddy lands a salary dump, little more. Roddy's not going to convince a team to pry away anybody that they want to keep.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Phillip logic:

Averaged 7 pts in 12 mpg, with the highest PER of any rookie. So at best, his stats are irrelevant to him when judging him as a player. He actually has great stats in the time he produced (only rookie ever to shoot 40/50/80).... its just it's such a small sample size it doesn't really matter.

If you've seen the guy play (and there's no way you could have missed him if you watched game 6 last season), then you'd understand the hype surrounding him. He's our best young asset, of course he's not worth a melo for a half season.

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
of course he's not worth a melo for a half season.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Whether Melo would sign an extension or not, I trade Roddy for him IN A HEARTBEAT. And I'm a huge Roddy fan.

Roddy's ceiling is probably "solid 2nd option" and not "NBA Superstar". As far as him being the future of the franchise, he isn't. He's a nice supporting member as long as Dirk's still playing at a high level. After that, he'll be a good player on a shitty team, nothing more.

The time to win is right now, and with Carmelo, the Mavs this season have their best championship hopes since 2006. Even if he's gone after the season is over, it's worth it because as it is, this team only has another year or two anyways, with Roddy or without.

Why hold onto Roddy? So that after Dirk gets old, you can have the 2nd coming of Michael Finley? An All-Star on a 20 win team?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Roddy B is no Tiago or Andersen
but he's alright

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Mysteries with upside get you second round picks, not all-stars. Butler + Roddy lands a salary dump, little more. Roddy's not going to convince a team to pry away anybody that they want to keep.

Roddy could land Stephen Jackson or maybe Gerald Wallace, he could prob land T. Prince and numerous other players as well. Those are the teams the Mavs have been in discussions with and they have all asked for Roddy B in retrun along with butler's contract. Ask some Bobcat fans......a lot of them would do a Butler/Roddy package. You don't have to believe me, but Roddy has a lot of trade value around the league... a lot of people (outside of spurs nation) consider him a special young talent.

Listen to your friend Ditty, he's speaking the truth.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly. Whether Melo would sign an extension or not, I trade Roddy for him IN A HEARTBEAT. And I'm a huge Roddy fan.

Roddy's ceiling is probably "solid 2nd option" and not "NBA Superstar". As far as him being the future of the franchise, he isn't. He's a nice supporting member as long as Dirk's still playing at a high level. After that, he'll be a good player on a shitty team, nothing more.

The time to win is right now, and with Carmelo, the Mavs this season have their best championship hopes since 2006. Even if he's gone after the season is over, it's worth it because as it is, this team only has another year or two anyways, with Roddy or without.

I have to agree. Cuban would be so confident that he could get Melo to sign that he would trade our best young asset. Cuban would do anything to get that 2ns superstar in here with Dirk

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Did you miss the part where Phillip said "unless he agreed to an extension"? It wouldn't make much sense to trade their only promising young player for a half season Melo rental. If Mavfan said they wouldn't trade Roddy for an extended Melo tho, that'd certainly be retarded.

they said they wouldnt even trade him unless they got someone like Bron, Wade, or Melo, and I think they would even be hesitant to trade him for Melo, unless he agreed to an extension.

hether he will turn out to be any good through his career is entirely up to him, but he has all the talent and gifts to be truly great. He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.

Seriously, you think Roddy warrants this kind of praise? He's Tony Parker Derrick Rose and Steve Nash all rolled into one?

Also lol spurfan talking shit about Mavfan when their own say they wouldn't trade Dick-Jef for Melo.

Which was a stupid comment, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't even a Spurs fan who said it.

they said they wouldnt even trade him unless they got someone like Bron, Wade, or Melo, and I think they would even be hesitant to trade him for Melo, unless he agreed to an extension.

Cry Faggot didn't learn how to read even after all the advanced literature essays he's written in his elite college program.

:lmao You're so funny! You said my name only you exchanged "Havoc" for "Faggot!" You are so funny and creative! :lol

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
How? If I am on the Mavs I rather have Roddy. If I am on the Spurs I rather have Neal/Hill.

But if I were to form my own team, I would take Roddy over both. That man can do it all.

Well he can't rape or send cock shots, at least as far as we know.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Bottom line is the Mavs organization has such high hopes for this kid.
When Dirk comes out and says that this kid is "the future of the franchise"
you know he's legit. Mavs fans have a right to be up in arms about this kid, he has all the makings

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Why hold onto Roddy? So that after Dirk gets old, you can have the 2nd coming of Michael Finley? An All-Star on a 20 win team?

Actually, yea... your definitely right come to think of it. If we rented a Melo Cuban could probably convince him to stay... and if not, well this is could be our last shot at a ring. We'll see what happens. And yea that's what I think Roddy's potential is....can be a second option on offense, maybe a first for a shitty team down the road.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Roddy B is no Tiago or Andersen
but he's alright

andersen isnt being hailed as the next scottie pippen tbh

while apparently roddy b is the next isiah

Roddy could land Stephen Jackson or maybe Gerald Wallace, he could prob land T. Prince and numerous other players as well. Those are the teams the Mavs have been in discussions with and they have all asked for Roddy B in retrun along with butler's contract. Ask some Bobcat fans......a lot of them would do a Butler/Roddy package. You don't have to believe me, but Roddy has a lot of trade value around the league... a lot of people (outside of spurs nation) consider him a special young talent.

roddy couldnt land stephen jackson or gerald wallace...roddy+butlers expiring could. the appeal in that trade for the bobcats has alot to do with the caproom they would get, roddy's potential is an added bonus. same with the pistons.

your delusional...who even talks about roddy as more than a guy with potential that may or may not develope (outside of dallas)?

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
andersen isnt being hailed as the next scottie pippen tbh

while apparently roddy b is the next isiah

roddy couldnt land stephen jackson or gerald wallace...roddy+butlers expiring could. the appeal in that trade for the bobcats has alot to do with the caproom they would get, roddy's potential is an added bonus. same with the pistons.

your delusional...who even talks about roddy as more than a guy with potential that may or may not develope (outside of dallas)?

That was my point, I'm aware Butler has to be involved. But the fact that he's recognized around the league as a legit young talent (to varying degrees), we can probably get a good player (butler upgrade) for him. I guess you can call me delusional, but all I ever said is that he has a high trade value and that he has a potential to be a special player in this league, nothing wrong with that.... except that your a spurs fan and its hard for you to appreciate any player on the Mavs.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I find it humorous how some Mav fans are "absolutely sure" that the Mavs wouldn't trade Roddy for anyone less than a superstar in the league and ridiculing others for thinking otherwise, while other Mavs fans on the exact same page are stating, "well, we could get some decent players for him, maybe a 2nd or 3rd option."

Gee, I wonder who's being more realistic and objective? :lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Cuban wouldn't even entertain trading Roddy for Wallace or Jackson.
Which is why I believe a trade for Jackson is looking less and less likely

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
:lmao You're so funny! You said my name only you exchanged "Havoc" for "Faggot!" You are so funny and creative! :lol

It really depends on the enigmatic nature of havoc. What really is to be gained from the nebulous leanings of derelicts? The simplistic notions of others collided with my brain like the metronome of autonomy. As I threw the shuttlecock into the air and felt it's weight against the force of my stroke, I was reminded of her again. The girl. She had a nose ring and read Kerouac. Her evening remembrance was as apt as pure idiom. Had I not already fumbled the presentation of the morning orchids to her, I would have wed her. But instead the woman to be wed was not one of the traditional values of femininity. Rather, this woman had a dick. And that's how Havoc is exchanged to Faggot.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Cuban robbed MJ blind once already, maybe he can do it again.
Only way Mavs trade for Jackson and that contract is if it's Butler and fillers

cheguevara
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Gary > Roddy

Neal with it

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm a Spurs fan but Roddy is better than Hill/Neal if you are starting your own team. BUT the difference is that Neal and Hill fit their roles better than Roddy would on the Spurs right now.

I get ya, it may be harder for Spurs fans.

sefant77
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
.roddy+butlers expiring could. the appeal in that trade for the bobcats has alot to do with the caproom they would get, roddy's potential is an added bonus. same with the pistons.

Its a pretty horrible trade.

This season you have Jax or Crash instead of Roddy playing. Fine.

The next seasons you have stoneold Jax or Crash instead of Roddy AND Butler.

Thats why there is no Butler+Roddy for borderline star trade. It helps this season but completly sucks the next years.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
It really depends on the enigmatic nature of havoc. What really is to be gained from the nebulous leanings of derelicts? The simplistic notions of others collided with my brain like the metronome of autonomy. As I threw the shuttlecock into the air and felt it's weight against the force of my stroke, I was reminded of her again. The girl. She had a nose ring and read Kerouac. Her evening remembrance was as apt as pure idiom. Had I not already fumbled the presentation of the morning orchids to her, I would have wed her. But instead the woman to be wed was not one of the traditional values of femininity. Rather, this woman had a dick. And that's how Havoc is exchanged to Faggot.

:lol That's pretty damn hilarious man. :tu

FkLA
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
That was my point, I'm aware Butler has to be involved. But the fact that he's recognized around the league as a legit young talent (to varying degrees), we can probably get a good player (butler upgrade) for him. I guess you can call me delusional, but all I ever said is that he has a high trade value and that he has a potential to be a special player in this league, nothing wrong with that.... except that your a spurs fan and its hard for you to appreciate any player on the Mavs.

sure he's a young trade asset, but thats not all youve been saying...youre making homerish claims about him having wayyyy more trade value than george hill. you do know that george hill, even before last season's strong 2nd half and playoffs, was a key piece in a package to get VC from the Nets? that when the spurs ask about any established player hill is always the young key player teams want in return?

hill > roddy right now...both as a player and as a trade asset.

Its a pretty horrible trade.

This season you have Jax or Crash instead of Roddy playing. Fine.

The next seasons you have stoneold Jax or Crash instead of Roddy AND Butler.

Thats why there is no Butler+Roddy for borderline star trade. It helps this season but completly sucks the next years.

i wont dispute that, im simply saying roddy's potential alone couldnt grab sjax or gwall...wallace isnt even that old btw. pretty sure he's still in his late 20s, he came into the league from hs if im not mistaken. and tbh dallas' window is closing just as fast as the spurs' window is, not sure they can afford to wait for roddy develope (if he even developes) since dirk isnt getting any younger.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
How? If I am on the Mavs I rather have Roddy. If I am on the Spurs I rather have Neal/Hill.

But if I were to form my own team, I would take Roddy over both. That man can do it all.

If mavs rent a melo, and the knicks give up a few pieces to make the deal work, I could see roddy landing in NY, not too far fetched. Denver doesnt have a need for roddy with Ty Lawson and afflalo, smith, etc... NY may be able use him tho, and you guys can't keep Chandler if you want melo this summer can you? Maybe denver is interested in Chandler?

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
If mavs rent a melo, and the knicks give up a few pieces to make the deal work, I could see roddy landing in NY, not too far fetched. Denver doesnt have a need for roddy with Ty Lawson and afflalo, smith, etc... NY may be able use him tho, and you guys can't keep Chandler if you want melo this summer can you? Maybe denver is interested in Chandler?

So Ty Lawson and Afflalo > Steve Nash + Tony Parker + Derrick Rose?

Interesting.

hater
01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Nuggz have no need for the next coming of French Alah????

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:47 PM

If i'm Melo I just play out the season at this point.
Go to NYC this summer, it's clear teams might be getting fed up with the Denver front office and their asking price.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM

sup, are u a general manager???

in what tier of players is roddy b in...give some examples of the type of players that would warrant trading him? a straight up swap too, not packaged witt butler. im trying to get a feel of just how much general managers value roddy b's potential tbh

Well how about this. In a survey this summer when the GMs were asked which international player they most expect to have a break out season, roddy garnered at least twice the amount of votes than anyone else...... And the mavs were also offered multiple top ten lotto picks for him. Good enough for you? Does it kill you to know the mavs might have a special talent on their hands? Obviously

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
its just it's such a small sample size it doesn't really matter.

EXACTLY. It's a small sample size. Which is why the wise thing to do here is to err on the side of caution. You don't watch someone play for 15 games and then proclaim them to be the next superstar with a skillset combining the best traits of 3 top point guards in the league.

If you've seen the guy play (and there's no way you could have missed him if you watched game 6 last season), then you'd understand the hype surrounding him. He's our best young asset, of course he's not worth a melo for a half season.

Watching JJ Barea play against us the past two years I would have guaranteed you that he was the next Steve Nash. One game or series doesn't mean much.

hater
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
LOL mavfan resorting to GM polls

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
EXACTLY. It's a small sample size. Which is why the wise thing to do here is to err on the side of caution. You don't watch someone play for 15 games and then proclaim them to be the next superstar with a skillset combining the best traits of 3 top point guards in the league.

Watching JJ Barea play against us the past two years I would have guaranteed you that he was the next Steve Nash. One game or series doesn't mean much.

Yeah Roddy and JJB have the same games. It's clear one won't be better than the other.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
well how about this. In a survey this summer when the gms were asked which international player they most expect to have a break out season, roddy garnered at least twice the amount of votes than anyone else...... And the mavs were also offered multiple top ten lotto picks for him. Good enough for you? Does it kill you to know the mavs might have a special talent on their hands? Obviously

+1

cheguevara
01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah Roddy and JJB have the same games. It's clear one won't be better than the other.

it's clear to everyone except mavfans

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Not just saying this as a Mavs fan, but Roddy's trade value is through the roof. All the "untouchable" and "future of the franchise" talk has really sky rocketed his value.... coupled with a few flashes of brilliance by Roddy himself.

It may have increased his price, it's done nothing to increase his value.

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Well how about this. In a survey this summer when the GMs were asked which international player they most expect to have a break out season, roddy garnered at least twice the amount of votes than anyone else......

Back to 6/28 is overwhelming, are we?

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
sure he's a young trade asset, but thats not all youve been saying...youre making homerish claims about him having wayyyy more trade value than george hill. you do know that george hill, even before last season's strong 2nd half and playoffs, was a key piece in a package to get VC from the Nets? that when the spurs ask about any established player hill is always the young key player teams want in return?

hill > roddy right now...both as a player and as a trade asset.

i wont dispute that, im simply saying roddy's potential alone couldnt grab sjax or gwall...wallace isnt even that old btw. pretty sure he's still in his late 20s, he came into the league from hs if im not mistaken. and tbh dallas' window is closing just as fast as the spurs' window is, not sure they can afford to wait
for roddy develope (if he even developes) since dirk isnt getting any younger.

Would you like to start a poll for other teams to voice their opinion? Who has a higher trade value or who would you rather take? Gaurantee you roddy crushes hill in that vote. Gms would vote the same way if given the choice between a rotation player or a potential star. I'd love for you to take me up on this offer

Cry Havoc
well how about this. In a survey this summer when the gms were asked which international player they most expect to have a break out season, roddy garnered at least twice the amount of votes than anyone else...... And the mavs were also offered multiple top ten lotto picks for him. Good enough for you? Does it kill you to know the mavs might have a special talent on their hands? Obviously

Because we all know players with less than a full season under their belt are always worth their projected value.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Trajan Langdon lately?

FkLA
Well how about this. In a survey this summer when the GMs were asked which international player they most expect to have a break out season, roddy garnered at least twice the amount of votes than anyone else...... And the mavs were also offered multiple top ten lotto picks for him. Good enough for you? Does it kill you to know the mavs might have a special talent on their hands? Obviously

how many big name, young international players are there? the fact that they picked isnt saying much, hardly anything to get excited about to the pt where you would proclaim him the next isiah thomas...link of the top ten lotto pick offers too tbh.

it doesnt kill me at all, i just find the hype around a guy that has logged 700 nba minutes pretty funny tbh

Would you like to start a poll for other teams to voice their opinion? Who has a higher trade value or who would you rather take? Gaurantee you roddy crushes hill in that vote. Gms would vote the same way if given the choice between a rotation player or a potential star. I'd love for you to take me up on this offer

make the poll...exclude spur fans and mav fans from voting, including all mav krew trolls.

gms would take hill over roddy btw, thats obvious to anyone outside of dallas.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Except the small detail that the Mavs won't be able to get
a significant upgrade via trade without Roddys name coming up and being included

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 02:58 PM

Not worth talking to spurs fans about roddy, I've heard enough from other teams fans to know where roddy's trade value is, and it's way beyond that of George hill

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Not worth talking to spurs fans about roddy, I've heard enough from other teams fans to know where roddy's trade value is, and it's way beyond that of George hill

But not enough to land a Gerald Wallace, despite Roddy being the "future franchise" of the Mavs. :lol

Mel_13
Except the small detail that the Mavs won't be able to get
a significant upgrade via trade without Roddys name coming up and being included

That's may be true, it also has nothing to do with point of my post. Roddy's value to other teams will be based on their estimate of what he can become as an NBA player, not the price tag Dallas attaches to him.

mikeschy55
how many big name, young international players are there? the fact that they picked isnt saying much, hardly anything to get excited about to the pt where you would proclaim him the next isiah thomas...link of the top ten lotto pick offers too tbh.

it doesnt kill me at all, i just find the hype around a guy that has logged 700 nba minutes pretty funny tbh

make the poll...exclude spur fans and mav fans from voting, including all mav krew trolls.

gms would take hill over roddy btw, thats obvious to anyone outside of dallas.

Not gonna waste my time researching links for you, don't really care enough. I asked you to ask another teams fan about roddy if you want an objective assessment. I get it, you don't believe me. So ask a blazers fan or something like that, our disagreement on the player isn't going anywhere

cheguevara
01-25-2011, 03:02 PM

mavfan delusion is hilarious

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:03 PM

Read your post that I quoted and try again. You said that Roddy's value was 'skyrocketing' because of what Dallas has said about him being 'untouchable'.

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Not gonna waste my time researching links for you, don't really care enough. I asked you to ask another teams fan about roddy if you want an objective assessment. I get it, you don't believe me. So ask a blazers fan or something like that, our disagreement on the player isn't going anywhere

Because fans on message boards are great sources of objective opinions.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:06 PM
That's may be true, it also has nothing to do with point of my post. Roddy's value to other teams will be based on their estimate of what he can become as an NBA player, not the price tag Dallas attaches to him.

And obviously teams think he can be a heck of a player. When a team places a price tag of "future of the franchise" on a player, teams still make their own call, bit other teams become more intrigued and want to check him out. That's how his value has risen so quickly

FkLA
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM

im not laughing at mavfan claiming roddy has talent or that hes a solid trade asset...simply at how grossly they exaggerate both those things. goodluck with french allah though, hopefully he pans out into the franchise player u guys believe he will be.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh man, how I can't wait for Roddy to return. Very soon

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:09 PM
And obviously teams think he can be a heck of a player. When a team places a price tag of "future of the franchise" on a player, teams still make their own call, bit other teams become more intrigued and want to check him out. That's how his value has risen so quickly

So you actually believe that Dallas proclaiming him 'untouchable' increases his value around the league?

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
brah u basically said he has a combination of the tools that some of the most explosive scorers in the league have...he has talent, but to make such comparisons after 700 mins of nba time is ridiculous.

how is it ridiculous to say he has similar skillsets? to say he is as good as them would be ridiculous, but to compare his skillsets is not ridiculous at all. its like Andrea Bargnani. He has a similar skillset to Dirk (big man who has 2-guard types of skills such as ball handling ability and shooting ability), but he isnt anywhere nearly as good as Dirk. or saying that Wade has a similar playing style to Michael Jordan, even though he definitely isn't as good as Jordan was.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Because fans on message boards are great sources of objective opinions.

Yes, a fan assessing another teams player would be own objective source (at least the best source we can find through social media). Unless those teams have a rivalry of course. Do you know what objective means? Or do you happen to know a couple gm's we can speak to on the matter?

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Awful idea, considering Melo doesnt promise a title. Mavs might end up being a 20-30 win team when they trade damn near their entire team for a 5 month Melo rental, and he bolts in the offseason. the only reason for any hope of the team wining more than 30 games after that is Dirk. Denver obviously is wanting way too much for Melo, and after all the pieces the Mavs may lose, they may even be worse off after the trade.

dirk4mvp
01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
some people are very mad Roddy is coming back for some reason :lol

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes, a fan assessing another teams player would be own objective source (at least the best source we can find through social media). Unless those teams have a rival of course. Do you know what objective means? Or do you happen to know a couple gm's we can speak to on the matter?

Yes, I do. Do you know that the word fan is derived from fanatic? Fans are a most unlikely source of objective opinions.

At any rate, I didn't say a word about your little Hill/Roddy debate. I responded to your post where you opined that Roddy's value had 'skyrocketed' by virtue of Dallas proclaiming him to be untouchable.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
some people are very mad Roddy is coming back for some reason :lol

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
this thread is a good reminder that 98% of spurfans are mexican, because they cant read for shit

FkLA
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
steaming mad tbh

dirk+isiah thomas jr=death for the rest of the league

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:21 PM

So you actually believe that Dallas proclaiming him 'untouchable' increases his value around the league?

READ what I am saying......I said it raises interest... Awareness. Trying to oversell is a common tactic, heard of it? Pretty simple marketing strategy. A lot of hype is created over a movie by marketing campaigns and advertisement so people go check it out themselves, same kind of thing here. Mavericks organization and fans went crazy about roddy, created hype, people checked him out. Not a complicated concept man.

Hype drew attention, roddy took care of the rest.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
READ what I am saying......I said it raises interest... Awareness. Trying to oversell is a common tactic, heard of it? Pretty simple marketing strategy. A lot of hype is created over a movie by marketing campaigns and advertisement so people go check it out themselves, same kind of thing here. Mavericks organization and fans went crazy about roddy, created hype, people checked him out. Not a complicated concept man.

ur arguing with a mexicano

no el bueno

FkLA
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
how is it ridiculous to say he has similar skillsets? to say he is as good as them would be ridiculous, but to compare his skillsets is not ridiculous at all. its like Andrea Bargnani. He has a similar skillset to Dirk (big man who has 2-guard types of skills such as ball handling ability and shooting ability), but he isnt anywhere nearly as good as Dirk. or saying that Wade has a similar playing style to Michael Jordan, even though he definitely isn't as good as Jordan was.

saying bargnani's skillset is similar to dirk's, is different then saying...bargnani has dirk's jumpshot, ball handling, and finishing. u said the latter tbh

roddy=parker's speed and finishing ability+rose's explosiveness and athleticism+nash's jumpshot...ur own words.

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
READ what I am saying......I said it raises interest... Awareness.

I did read what you said. I quoted what you said. This is what you said:

Not just saying this as a Mavs fan, but Roddy's trade value is through the roof. All the "untouchable" and "future of the franchise" talk has really sky rocketed his value.... coupled with a few flashes of brilliance by Roddy himself.

Now I would suggest that you READ what you are saying.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
saying bargnani's skillset is similar to dirk's, is different then saying...bargnani has dirk's jumpshot, ball handling, and finishing. u said the latter tbh

roddy=parker's speed and finishing ability+rose's explosiveness and athleticism+nash's jumpshot

yes, roddy has components of their various skills. but there is a different between having talent, and putting it to use. ive already acknowledged that roddy hasnt put his talents to use, and there is no guarantee that he ever will. just that he most definitely has shown he has talents comparable to those players. pretty simply concept to understand tbh

unfortunately its a lot easier to just not use your brain and retort with something like "roddy = MJ 4.8 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao "

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
this thread is a good reminder that 98% of spurfans are mexican, because they cant read for shit

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Yes, I do. Do you know that the word fan is derived from fanatic? Fans are a most unlikely source of objective opinions.

At any rate, I didn't say a word about your little Hill/Roddy debate. I responded to your post where you opined that Roddy's value had 'skyrocketed' by virtue of Dallas proclaiming him to be untouchable.

Yes... Fanatics for their team. That's why you get a Yankees fan to evaluate a braves player, you get a more objective opinion then asking a braves fan obviously. Fans are the only objective sources we have available.... Unfortunately

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes... Fanatics about their team. That's why you get a Yankees fan to evaluate a braves player, you get a more objective opinion then asking a braves fan obviously. Fans are the only objective sources we have available.... Unfortunately

Well, they're the sources of alternate opinions.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
yes, roddy has components of their various skills. but there is a different between having talent, and putting it to use. ive already acknowledged that roddy hasnt put his talents to use, and there is no guarantee that he ever will. just that he most definitely has shown he has talents comparable to those players. pretty simply concept to understand tbh

unfortunately its a lot easier to just not use your brain and retort with something like "roddy = MJ 4.8 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao "

how can u even conclude that he has that level of skill, and that he simply has to put it to use...after 700 mins of nba play? you dont compare his skillset to some of the most explosive scorers in the league based on glimpses

im not even blaming mavfan for being excited about roddy or saying that he doesnt have potential...but come on son, be alittle realistic with your comparisons.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I did read what you said. I quoted what you said. This is what you said:

Now I would suggest that you READ what you are saying.

Sorry it has HELPED sky rocket his value.... If roddy hadn't been hyped so much he wouldn't have garnered nearly as much attention, and that attention has raised his value because he's also preformed well. That's all I'm saying, I don't understand what there is to argue over really... That's all true

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Some fat beaners hatin cuz Roddy finna be hittin that south dallas swag on they ass :lol

Lol, spurs fans are clearly getting worried here. Worried that roddy's going to school parker and hill again like he did in game 6

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Sorry it has HELPED sky rocket his value....

Better. Still far-fetched, but better.

K-State Spur
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Roddy doesn't land the Bobcats pair. He would just be the icing on the cake (combined with Butler's contract) for taking their long term (overpaid) contracts off MJ's hands.

With Prince, again you have give up the expiring deal of equal value.

You misunderstand that when teams are considering making these deals, it's the expiring contract that's of greatest value to them, adding an unknown high ceiling (but far from proven) talent is just the topper.

You couldn't combine Roddy with Haywood's contract in a deal and expect anything in return.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
how can u even conclude that he has that level of skill, and that he simply has to put it to use...after 700 mins of nba play? you dont compare his skillset to some of the most explosive scorers in the league based on glimpses

im not even blaming mavfan for being excited about roddy or saying that he doesnt have potential...but come on son, be alittle realistic with your comparisons.

how is it not realistic? does he not have speed and finishing ability like Parker? dude finishes very well around the rim, and has extreme speed.

is he not an explosive jumper, capable of getting quite high and finishing with dunks, like Derrick Rose does?

has he not proven to be a fantastic shooter, by not only shooting a high % on jumpers, but hitting mulitple types of jumpshots, whether it is set up, pull-ups, or fade-aways, similar to what Nash does?

I'm not saying he is as strong as any of those guys in any of those areas. Just that those are all big strengths that those individual players have, and he has those kinds of strengths as well. but he still has to put it all together, and i dont know if you are just choosing to be ignorant to the fact that I have said that multiple times, but its certainly looking like you just see the comparisons, and base your stupid-ass replies off of those, instead of seeing the fact that im also saying hes not as good as any of them, and has a LOT to prove and a LOT to work on as well.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Better. Still far-fetched, but better.

The hYpe he got from the Dallas media to eventually around the league contributed to his trade value. Admit it, you don't go from virtual unknown to potential all star ( your trade value at least) without the hype. I mean... The more you take away from the hype the more credit you give roddy as a player. Cuz let's admit it, I'm a mavs fan and I don't think roddy is deserving of the trade value he has... But hey, teams really like him... Must have SOMETHING to do with the hype. At least a little bit man

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Roddy doesn't land the Bobcats pair. He would just be the icing on the cake (combined with Butler's contract) for taking their long term (overpaid) contracts off MJ's hands.

With Prince, again you have give up the expiring deal of equal value.

You misunderstand that when teams are considering making these deals, it's the expiring contract that's of greatest value to them, adding an unknown high ceiling (but far from proven) talent is just the topper.

You couldn't combine Roddy with Haywood's contract in a deal and expect anything in return.

No I understand, I'm just saying that roddy still has to be considered a legit young talent to get the deal done... He's a little more than just icing. And the fact that he has done very little to merit such status, is very surprising but to me and great for the mavs.

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
The hYpe he got from the Dallas media to eventually around the league contributed to his trade value. Admit it, you don't go from virtual unknown to potential all star ( your trade value at least) without the hype. I mean... The more you take away from the hype the more credit you give roddy as a player. Cuz let's admit it, I'm a mavs fan and I don't think roddy is deserving of the trade value he has... But hey, teams really like him... Must have SOMETHING to do with the hype.

Your posts, this one included, assume many things to be facts which have not been proven to be so. For example, you state his trade value to be 'potential all star'. There's absolutely no evidence that Roddy's trade value around the league has reached that level.

Now you obviously believe that it has and, based on that, you believe all the other stuff you've posted here. That doesn't make it true.

The trade deadline is Feb 24th. We'll all know by then exactly how untouchable or valuable Roddy is to the Mavs or to another NBA team.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
how is it not realistic? does he not have speed and finishing ability like Parker? dude finishes very well around the rim, and has extreme speed.

is he not an explosive jumper, capable of getting quite high and finishing with dunks, like Derrick Rose does?

has he not proven to be a fantastic shooter, by not only shooting a high % on jumpers, but hitting mulitple types of jumpshots, whether it is set up, pull-ups, or fade-aways, similar to what Nash does?

I'm not saying he is as strong as any of those guys in any of those areas. Just that those are all big strengths that those individual players have, and he has those kinds of strengths as well. but he still has to put it all together, and i dont know if you are just choosing to be ignorant to the fact that I have said that multiple times, but its certainly looking like you just see the comparisons, and base your stupid-ass replies off of those, instead of seeing the fact that im also saying hes not as good as any of them, and has a LOT to prove and a LOT to work on as well.

you said he HAS parker's speed and finishing ability, rose's explosiveness and athleticism, and damn near nash's jumpshot. in other words youre saying he has that level of skillsets in his arsenal already. you managed to conclude all this after 700 mins of nba play btw.

yet im the dumbass :lol

Phillip
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
:cry :cry i cant comprehend simple english for shit :cry :cry

FkLA
01-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Phillip
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
FkLA, with the goods :tu

jjktkk
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Mav Fans fight song?

0BwOXlGbW6Q

FkLA
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
god bless you and your family son <3

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Do you know what we call a car with the cornering ability of a Ferrari, the torque of a Charger, the body of a Lamborghini and the horsepower of a Bugatti, except not as well?

A Honda Civic. Does all the same stuff as those above, just not nearly as well.

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Do you know what we call a car with the cornering ability of a Ferrari, the torque of a Charger, the body of a Lamborghini and the horsepower of a Bugatti, except not as well?

:lmao what the fuck?

this has to be the worst post in ST history. Well, 2nd behind "I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Melo"

Roddy Beaubois
:lol FkLA is furious that Philip called someone as fast as Tony Parker.

Kyle Orton
I'm not sure what's wrong with saying "all the tools". Would anyone dispute the fact JR Smith has all the physical tools of a young Kobe Bryant? I'm not saying he's as good as Kobe Bryant, but he certainly has similar "tools" (wet jumpshot, great handles, great athleticism).

Cry Havoc
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/05/07/PH2005050701133.jpg

This dude is baller. He's got the post game of Shaq, the outside jumper of Robinson, the passing of Walton, and the rebounding of Rodman, except he doesn't do any of those things as well.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Your posts, this one included, assume many things to be facts which have not been proven to be so. For example, you state his trade value to be 'potential all star'. There's absolutely no evidence that Roddy's trade value around the league has reached that level.

Now you obviously believe that it has and, based on that, you believe all the other stuff you've posted here. That doesn't make it true.

The trade deadline is Feb 24th. We'll all know by then exactly how untouchable or valuable Roddy is to the Mavs or to another NBA team.

agreed, we'll just see what happens... I don't really care enough when he's apparently only a week away from return anyway

FkLA
i drive a honda civic tbh :(

monosylab1k
"Here how about I list all these high end cars and then compare them to a car that's absolutely nothing like them. my point is retarded"

Roddy Beaubois

:wow
Argument over. Havoc just tore the roof off this bitch.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
:lmao what the fuck?

this has to be the worst post in ST history. Well, 2nd behind "I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Melo"

Still not a post made by a Spurs fan, sorry to burst your bubble.

Resume fellating yourself to a guy who's played 700 minutes in the NBA who's never scored more than 14 points in a game, talking about how he's the future of the Mavs and then wondering if you can trade him for Stephen Fucking Jackson. :lmao

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with saying "all the tools". Would anyone dispute the fact JR Smith has all the physical tools of a young Kobe Bryant? I'm not saying he's as good as Kobe Bryant, but he certainly has similar "tools" (wet jumpshot, great handles, great athleticism).

Don't be retarded, Spurfan doesn't want to make real comparisons. Just compare Mark Madsen to LeBron and then laugh about it.

Fpoonsie
01-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Yikes.

Destined for copy pasta...

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
who's never scored more than 14 points in a game

great point.

K7eNw1XKVDg

cue "lol warriors" comments.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 04:23 PM
inb4 40 pt game vs warriors vid

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey guys you know what food tastes just like filet mignon except not as good?

Dog shit! :lmao

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:25 PM
inb4 40 pt game vs warriors vid

failed.

proceed with "lol warriors, george hill could score 80 on them but he plays unselfish!"

Phillip

Kyle Orton
Still not a post made by a Spurs fan, sorry to burst your bubble.

That guy scottspurs has said multiple times he wouldn't trade Dick-Jef for Melo. I know you are in disbelief someone who watched THEIR team win four classy championships could have such a lame brained opinion that a ringless fan would have, but accept it.

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey guys you know what band has the skill set of The Beatles and The Beach Boys and Radiohead but not as good?

The Jonas Brothers :lmao

Cry Havoc
http://mapsoftheproblematic.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/adam-morrison.jpg

The shot of Bird! The passing of Magic! The fundamentals of Duncan!

... except not as good.

mikeschy55

JR Smith would be a beast in this league if he could put his head on straight. And with Roddy and his tools....I really don't think it would be over doing it to hope for him to replace Butler's offense this season (around 15 ppg).

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 04:27 PM
great point.

K7eNw1XKVDg

cue &quot;lol warriors&quot; comments.

The most classless 40 point game in NBA history.

Cry Havoc
That guy scottspurs has said multiple times he wouldn't trade Dick-Jef for Melo. I know you are in disbelief someone who watched THEIR team win four classy championships could have such a lame brained opinion that a ringless fan would have, but accept it.

I've already said in this thread that anyone who wouldn't let RJ go for Melo is deluded.

monosylab1k
The same skill set as Scorsese, Godard, and Kurosawa - he's Michael Bay! :lmao

Phillip
great point.

cue "lol warriors" comments.

LMAO

not to mention a number of other games scoring over 14 points, including 16 in 20 minutes against the spurs in game 6

Phillip
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
http://mapsoftheproblematic.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/adam-morrison.jpg

The shot of Bird! The passing of Magic! The fundamentals of Duncan!

... except not as good.

your attempts at humor and trolling are failing miserably

sorry

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey guys you know what food tastes just like filet mignon except not as good?

Dog shit! :lmao

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I've already said in this thread that anyone who wouldn't let RJ go for Melo is deluded.

You also said that no spurs fan said that when one clearly did.

Phillip
cry havoc is better off whining incessantly about why android >>>>>>> apple and a pile of dog shit >>>>>>> madden

oh wait, he sucks ass at those too

Phillip
You also said that no spurs fan said that when one clearly did.

it works 60% of the time, every time

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:30 PM
The athletic ability of Bo Jackson combined with the physique of a young Arnold Schwarzennegger - guess who?

This guy!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/RfW-bcbE31I/AAAAAAAAB4s/Qm0bzIkafn0/s1600/fattest_man_03.jpg

Kyle Orton
cry havoc is better off whining incessantly about why android >>>>>>> apple and a pile of dog shit >>>>>>> madden

oh wait, he sucks ass at those too

or making narcissistic threads about how he hasn't bought Call of Duty yet

mikeschy55
Hey guys, quality thread..

Spurs fans are just getting mad that Roddy's returning.... it's not our fault. Jeese...

Cry Havoc

I can't wait to see Roddy get shut down in these playoffs and Mavs fans lining up to jump off a cliff.

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Spurs fans are just getting mad that Roddy's returning.... it's not our fault. Jeese...

Furious. That 28-15 record you guys have is just scary. :lmao

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
The athletic ability of Bo Jackson combined with the physique of a young Arnold Schwarzennegger - guess who?

This guy!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/RfW-bcbE31I/AAAAAAAAB4s/Qm0bzIkafn0/s1600/fattest_man_03.jpg

Tbh that guy looks like a Spurs fan, he knows more about basketball than our ringless teams :depressed

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 04:32 PM

I thought the regular season doesn't matter.

It's only January

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM
or making narcissistic threads about how he hasn't bought Call of Duty yet

The antiquated methods found in residual lingering stream of conscious methodology prevents oneself from further experiencing the organic physiological undertakings, much less the trappings of symbology lurking within the parameters of masticating leprechauns. Cogito ergo sum, the soft caress of jinxed limericks are but melancholy afterthoughts when paired with a rising sunset.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM

almost as scary as that 67-15 record they had :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

regular season record = :lobt2:

because their team has never won one, any fans of the mavericks know nothing about what their team needs to do to win a championship

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Tbh, this thread is prime Mono, but it's still weak how he's ducking Fabbs' thread in the NFL forum..a real boss wouldn't let somebody disrespect his name..

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Tbh, this thread is prime Mono, but it's still weak how he's ducking Fabbs' thread in the NFL forum..a real boss wouldn't let somebody disrespect his name..

it's Fabbs. you didn't see Avon/Marlo giving a fuck about Bubbles, did you?

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM

I can't wait to see Roddy get shut down in these playoffs and Mavs fans lining up to jump off a cliff.

I say he did a pretty good job in the one playoff game he got a shot in, the game in which he took over and destroyed you guys, remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5TUKA8Guw

Not too worried about him....

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM
I say he did a pretty good job in the one playoff game he got a shot in, the game in which he took over and destroyed you guys, remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5TUKA8Guw

Not too worried about him....

yeah but he got his ass kicked on defense, that's why the Spurs won! It's not like Carlisle pulled him after the game got close again, then Terry/Barea proceeded to fuck things up and lose the game. Nope, it was all Roddy's shitty defense :lmao

Cry Havoc
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM
I thought the regular season doesn't matter.

It's only January

Right. We should go on past post-season success as an indicator of each team's playoff potential this year.

So, what are Mavs fans going to do after their annual 1st round exit?

Ducking Fabbs actually gives Mono more legitimacy, TBH. Smart move on his part to avoid wasting time.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
failed.

proceed with "lol warriors, george hill could score 80 on them but he plays unselfish!"

mikeschy55

If you had 2 of your big 3 out for an extended period of time you'd be much worse off. We'll be healthy again with Roddy back (unless he's traded) and we'll beat you just like the last time we did when we were healthy.

Cry Havoc
yeah but he got his ass kicked on defense, that's why the Spurs won! It's not like Carlisle pulled him after the game got close again, then Terry/Barea proceeded to fuck things up and lose the game. Nope, it was all Roddy's shitty defense :lmao

Remind me again why I should be scared of this Mavs team? Your coach doesn't even play the guys who are doing well in a playoff game.

Beaubois might very well go off for 25 in the 1st half of Game 1 and then be benched for the rest of the series. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
If Beaubois is so great, why can't he beat out Barea in the rotation?!:lol:lol:lol..

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM

Yea Roddy played awful D, but he still should have stayed on the court. His offensive contributions far outweigh his defensive liabilities. Always stood by that.

Phillip
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Remind me again why I should be scared of this Mavs team? Your coach doesn't even play the guys who are doing well in a playoff game.

Beaubois might very well go off for 25 in the 1st half of Game 1 and then be benched for the rest of the series. :lol

lol trying to stay afloat

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
If Beaubois is so great, why can't he beat out Barea in the rotation?!:lol:lol:lol..

because he's not a PG, he was slated to start at shooting guard at the beginning of the season.

FkLA
01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
lol 5-11 170 lb SG

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Outside of the fact that we might have a second option on offense upon the return of Roddy (and you will see in due time, he is a potent offensive threat), and that you have no interior defense to compete in a playoff series with us, or the Lakers, or Orlando.... and the fact that it's been 40 or so years since a team has ever won a ring with a 6'-7" player starting at center, there's nothing to be scared of.

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
lol 5-11 170 lb SG

actually listed as 6 2 180.... on the court he's slightly taller than JET, and much longer and much much more athletic.

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM

If George Hill was so good as a rookie, why did he not get any minutes over scrubs like Michael Finley and Roger Mason until the Spurs were all but eliminated?

FkLA
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
lol 6-2 180 lb SG

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 05:01 PM
If George Hill was so good as a rookie, why did he not get any minutes over scrubs like Michael Finley and Roger Mason until the Spurs were all but eliminated?

:rolleyes

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 05:01 PM
:rolleyes

So you see the point I'm trying to make?

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
So you see the point I'm trying to make?

I was joking, obviously..that argument has been presented against Beaubois by gnsf before..

George Hill was behind Jacque Vaughn, btw..

Kyle Orton
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I was joking, obviously..that argument has been presented against Beaubois by gnsf before..

George Hill was behind Jacque Vaughn, btw..

tbh i couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Good bless you and your family.

Dr. Gonzo
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I wonder how long Roddy Beaubois' dick is.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-25-2011, 05:09 PM

mikeschy55
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
lol 6-2 180 lb SG

I compared his tools/skills to Monte Ellis, he has one inch on Roddy and Roddy is still longer and more athletic than Ellis... a SG.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
This shit is still being debated?? Roddy sux we know Spur fans.
You shouldn't care either way what we Mavs fans think about one of our players
Your team has the 1 seed locked up and are bracing for a long playoff run,
nothing will go wrong.

redzero
01-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Damn, I didn't realize that Roddy Beaubois was so popular around here.

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
:lol this thread is classic. Although spurfan has made dumbasses out of themselves again with their shitty argument techniques, mavfan has set themselves up for a spurfan jizzfest once Roddy doesn't set the league on fire in his first bball game in 8 months.

Mel_13
01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
:lol this thread is classic. Although spurfan has made dumbasses out of themselves again with their shitty argument techniques, mavfan has set themselves up for a spurfan jizzfest once Roddy doesn't set the league on fire in his first bball game in 8 months.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1685240/rss

Mavs are coming back, he will more than replace the scoring void left by Butler's injury. About a week or so to go.

Roddy Beaubois
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
ok....?

sefant77
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM

The number on his bank account is allready longer than yours

DMC
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM
I wonder if he ends his sentences with prepositions.

DMC
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM
The number on his bank account is allready longer than yours
Depends on the font size.

Trill Clinton
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Why is this thread so long? Whoever this Robby Beaubois dude is he must be pretty damn good.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Got color?

Dr. Gonzo
01-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I wonder if he ends his sentences with prepositions.

Ending sentences with propositions is no longer frowned upon.

sribb43
01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
As seen tonight....Mavs are a Roddy away from contending :lol

hater
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Why is this thread so long? Whoever this Robby Beaubois dude is he must be pretty damn good.

you kidding?

French Kali is about to shit on the NBA.