PDA

View Full Version : Future prediction

Wild Cobra
01-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Long but thought provoking:

Stansberry prediction (http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSILCCN/PR)

RandomGuy
01-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Already been posted several times.

The guy is selling something. Make of that what you will.

RandomGuy
01-25-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170058&highlight=Stansberry
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168413&highlight=Stansberry

Also relevant, brought up in one of those threads:
http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm
http://www.superiorinvestor.net/stock-market-forums/postt8066.html

I have often chided you for giving into to a type of confirmation bias. Ok, "chided" is probably a mild term, but...

Be careful about things like this. This link is a marketing presentation, that is very obviously seeking to get you to buy into an idea through fear, and then conveniently offers you a way to do that. Whenever someone hypes something up or down then wants you to invest a certain way, be very, very cautious, especially when they stand to directly profit.

It has a certain cache in a lot of circles. Beware of groupthink.

clambake
01-25-2011, 09:49 AM
did you really need to put future in the title?

Stringer_Bell
01-25-2011, 09:58 AM
did you really need to put future in the title?

Well, yea. Obviously there had to be a distinction made so no one got confused and thought it was about "past prediction."

boutons_deux
01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
"future prediction"

That's like a "free bonus gift", and "call in next 10 minutes, you'll get two for the price of one"

Stansberry is an excellent example of an scare-monger infomercial aimed the dumbest of the dumb dupes.

xeromass
01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Don't feel like reading it all, but this

Access to cheap oil has been America's #1 gift of owning the world's reserve currency.

This has made gas cheaper in the U.S. than almost anywhere else in the developed world. I know you may think gas prices have skyrocketed in recent years... but look at how much less we pay than other developed nations... is wrong.

Main reason that gasoline in USA is so cheap are low/non-existent taxes/tariffs.

Did a quick google math for Slovenia:
Raw price is $3.13/gal, which after VAT (20%) and excise tax (fixed amount per 1000l, set every 14 days by government) are added jumps to $6.58/gal

boutons_deux
01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
"Access to cheap oil has been America's #1 gift of owning the world's reserve currency."

There is a benefit to USA in that it doesn't have convert its currency into US$ so it can buy oil.

And, yes, the reason fuel is much cheaper in the USA, and the reason the USA is the greediest/least efficient consumer of fuel, compared to more adult countries not dominated by their corporations and not inflamed by a hate-government VWC is the comparative absence of taxes on fuel. Old data, but the still to the point.

http://conservationreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/gas-tax-by-country.jpg

EVAY
01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
As soon as I saw it was by Stansfield, that is all I needed to know.

Is everyone aware that Stansfield was convicted of fraud some time back?...for exactly this type of hyperselling?

ElNono
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Scammers getting to everyone these days...

WC, just out of curiosity, where did you hear about that? Was it a chain email?

RandomGuy
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
As soon as I saw it was by Stansfield, that is all I needed to know.

Is everyone aware that Stansfield was convicted of fraud some time back?...for exactly this type of hyperselling?

Playing to peoples greed/fear is, sadly, *the* surest way to make money in the investing world.

If you want a fool-proof way to make money on the stock market, write a book about making money on the stock market. :lol

Wild Cobra
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Already been posted several times.

The guy is selling something. Make of that what you will.
True, but he does have an impeccable track record of being correct.

Winehole23
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
He also has a criminal record.

Stringer_Bell
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
He also has a criminal record.

So what? America is the land of second chances. Think about it, only in our country can a guy like Rush Limbaugh have that kind of success...criminal records shouldn't be different as long as you're sorry for what you did!

Winehole23
01-25-2011, 03:13 PM
America loves a comeback.

The Reckoning
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
i saw that documentary Collapse.

yup, i saw it.

who else saw it?

did you?
did you really?

i thought it was okay. energy was right on - banking sector not so much.

so i flipped on My Fair Lady and downed a bottle of rum. that was alot better, in my opinion.

"You brazen hussy!" and "Where are my slippers?" - My Hero

i really aspired to change my attitude after that towards women to be more of a chauvinist. im getting results, and i feel alot better about myself.

anybody else see My Fair Lady? great, great movie.

Wild Cobra
01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
America loves a comeback.
This guy is saying the same thing I have for some time. We are on a course for national failure.

RandomGuy
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
This guy is saying the same thing I have for some time. We are on a course for national failure.

One of the ways that scammers get in on people is that they tell you what you want to hear. They don't care about whether it's true, just whether they can get your money.

xeromass
01-27-2011, 11:03 AM
@boutons

I don't deny that there is a benefit, but according to this graph it seems to be in range of cents/gal at the level of final consumer. Major benefits probably come as effects on financial sector and economy at large.

Yes, rest of us suckers pay 100+% taxes on gasoline. And we don't have to finance wars for access to it. Weird world.

boutons_deux
01-27-2011, 11:25 AM
This guy is saying the same thing I have for some time.

His Big Lie is that HIS SECTOR, the FINANCIAL SECTOR, is the primary culprit in impoverishing the lower 98%, of driving the US economy into a ditch, of HIS capitalism hanging itself.

How can he, HONESTLY, leave out HIS PEOPLE as predatory financial criminals in the apocalyptic future he paints?

BECAUSE HE'S LYING, lying his way into shaking down ignorant suckers who buy his snake oil, like WC.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
One of the ways that scammers get in on people is that they tell you what you want to hear. They don't care about whether it's true, just whether they can get your money.
My point is that this guy has been correct on past predictions. Now I do believe we will see failures as he describes, but not to the degree he portrays them in. Think about my past words on the democrats actions putting this nation into bankruptcy. Only time will tell, but if we maintain this current path. Trust me, it will happen.

ElNono
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
My point is that this guy has been correct on past predictions. Now I do believe we will see failures as he describes, but not to the degree he portrays them in. Think about my past words on the democrats actions putting this nation into bankruptcy. Only time will tell, but if we maintain this current path. Trust me, it will happen.

If I make a video describing history and claim I predicted it, then I'll look like I was spot on too.

And you're the epitome of team cheerleader:
- You were for the deficits in the Bush era before you were against the deficits in the Obama era.
- You were for the TSA in the Bush era before you were against the TSA in the Obama era.
- You like to minimize the fact that Clinton had a balanced budget before you started screaming that Obama needs to balance the budget.

And so on...

Yonivore
01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Are there any other variety of predictions?

ElNono
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Are there any other variety of predictions?

Well, there's the Win The Future type... :lol

RandomGuy
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Trust me,

No thanks, I'll pass on that.

DMX7
01-29-2011, 03:39 AM
That Wild Cobra would believe this shit really explains a lot.

Halberto
01-29-2011, 04:47 PM
If he's so sure the dollar will be useless in less than a year, then why is he asking people to make payments in dollars?

Nbadan
01-29-2011, 06:01 PM
pretty soon we'll be bartering...watch those 'baskets of currency'!

Wild Cobra
01-29-2011, 08:52 PM
If he's so sure the dollar will be useless in less than a year, then why is he asking people to make payments in dollars?

He knows how to convert wealth.