PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare ..State of the Union

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Katy man gets a special seat for State of the Union
He fought cancer with aid of Obama's health care reform

Of all the special guests invited to hear President Obama's State of the Union address tonight, James Howard of Katy considers himself perhaps the luckiest — that he's even alive to make the trip.

Howard, 28, credits Obama's health care reform legislation for providing him with insurance coverage so that he could receive treatment for a rare form of cancer.

"Without the insurance plan I'm on, I wouldn't be alive today," Howard said. "I'm living testimony as to how this has helped out in my life. With the treatment and my family, friends and faith, I've been able to get this to work out."

Almost a year ago, Howard learned why he was suffering from excruciating headaches: a rare type of malignant brain tumor which doctors have limited ability to treat.

'Facing a death sentence'
Almost as devastating was the news that his insurance company would not pay for what treatment there was because it claimed his condition pre-existed the effective date of his policy.

"It was like facing a death sentence," said Howard, a sales manager for Hennessey Performance, a "tuner shop" that modifies production cars to give them more horsepower and better handling.

Howard's diagnosis — gliomatosis cerebri — translated into an octopus-like mass in his brain and a course of treatment that promised to be stunningly expensive. Chemotherapy alone would run more than $25,000 a week.

Howard exhausted what funds he had and his church, The Waters, set up a foundation to help. But it was not going to be enough.

Then came health reform legislation, part of which was a special high-risk insurance pool set up to cover seriously ill people who had been denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions. It took effect immediately, unlike many of the legislation's other measures.

'Little part' looms large
Whatever the political controversies attached to some elements of insurance reform, Howard is happy that doing away with the dreaded phrase "pre-existing conditions" is not one of them.

"Sometimes the good things get overshadowed by the politics of the entire bill," he said. "I don't even know all the parts of it. All I can tell is my little part of the bill and what it has meant for me."

So Howard has been speaking out publicly about the importance of covering ill people denied because of pre-existing problems.

As a reward, the White House invited Howard to sit in first lady Michelle Obama's guest box Tuesday night. There also will be receptions before and after the event.

"I'm excited," he said. "I'm originally from that area, so it's a going home thing. But it has a purpose."

I wonder if he is a tea pottier/ repeal Obamacare type dude?

balli
01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
GOP: fuck him and his continuing existence.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM
George, If I was sick and couldn't afford treatment would you put up the dollars to save my life knowing it would bankrupt you?

balli
01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
George, If I was sick and couldn't afford treatment would you put up the dollars to save my life knowing it would bankrupt you?

I'd kick in a cent with a few hundred million other people. And I hate your guts.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks Bali but that was not the question.

balli
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Bali but that was not the question.

The question, in question, was intellectually dishonest and erroneous.

Nothing in the PPACA makes any one person responsible for paying the entire health related costs of another. Not even anything remotely close to that, actually.

Why did you ask so irrelevant and hypothetical a question?

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM

I already do... I bet you don't know that you subsidize other people's health already..

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
The question, in question, was intellectually dishonest and erroneous.

Nothing in the PPACA makes any one person responsible for paying the entire health related costs of another. Not even anything remotely close to that, actually.

They ask questions like these all of the time.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I already do... I bet you don't know that you subsidize other people's health already..

No you don't. If you don't want to answer a simple question, I understand. You never do.

If I was sick and couldn't afford treatment would you put up the dollars to save my life knowing it would bankrupt you?

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
No you don't. If you don't want to answer a simple question, I understand. You never do.

So my property taxes don't go to fund the county hospital... ok. you're a dumbass

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
So my property taxes don't go to fund the county hospital... ok. you're a dumbass

LOL@ your property taxes paying for my health insurance.

Last time.

If I was sick and couldn't afford treatment would you put up the dollars to save my life knowing it would bankrupt you?

balli
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM

Brandon Bass
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
tbh I get exactly where "The Sommerset" is going with this but it doesn't make him any less retarded.

lol fat pedo

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/425/jacksommerset.jpg

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
tbh I get exactly where "The Sommerset" is going with this but it doesn't make him any less retarded.

lol fat pedo

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/425/jacksommerset.jpg

Thanks buddy. tbh, that's not me.

Brandon Bass
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks buddy. tbh, that's not me.

crofl liar.

one day this picture gets posted. a day later the facebook page where this pic was found got deleted. coincidence? :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
George, If I was sick and couldn't afford treatment would you put up the dollars to save my life knowing it would bankrupt you?So you're asking him to be a death panel?

Too bad that's already being done.

It's also a gross simplification.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
crofl liar.

one day this picture gets posted. a day later the facebook page where this pic was found got deleted. coincidence? :lmao

Cool story. Please continue the tale that my real name is Jack Sommerset, I'm a pedo, fat, meat packer, etc.....If you posted any pictures of me or my children I would not be coming to this site anymore. Dumbass.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
So you're asking him to be a death panel?

No. Your boy can answer, he doesn't need big brother to help out.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
No.Then you wouldn't die if he didn't shell out the money?

Explain.

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
No. Your boy can answer, he doesn't need big brother to help out.

I already pay for your care dumbass... that's my answer.

"Slow down Jim" "What does a yellow light mean?.."slow down Jim".."Whaaaat doooooees a yyellllllooowww light meeeaann?". "Slow down Jim"..

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
I already pay for your care dumbass... that's my answer.

"Slow down Jim" "What does a yellow light mean?.."slow down Jim".."Whaaaat doooooees a yyellllllooowww light meeeaann?". "Slow down Jim"..

Umm, no you don't.

monosylab1k
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Cool story. Please continue the tale that my real name is Jack Sommerset, I'm a pedo, fat, meat packer, etc.....If you posted any pictures of me or my children I would not be coming to this site anymore. Dumbass.

crofl it's not your kid, that's the point.

lol fat pedo

Viva Las Espuelas
01-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Lots of rhetoric going on here. Stay on target and shoot for the crosshairs with all your might. Good night and good luck.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
You mean the surveyor symbols.

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
crofl it's not your kid, that's the point.

lol fat pedo

We do know you are a butthurt faggot that shits and pisses,copy and paste, shits and pisses like the dumb animal you are because you don't know how to get along with others. You have no point, you are a dumb animal. I had you pegged many years ago.

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
We do know you are a butthurt faggot that shits and pisses,copy and paste, shits and pisses like the dumb animal you are because you don't know how to get along with others. You have no point, you are a dumb animal. I had you pegged many years ago.

homosexual sex acts and animals... jack's MO

jack sommerset
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
homosexual sex acts and animals... jack's MO

You're the one that want to fuck dogs.

cheguevara
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Obama gets a solid C, tbh

sickdsm
01-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Where is the money coming to pay for things like this? As I see it right now, me getting fucked over on my health insurance HAS to be compensating for someone screwing the system, right??

Health ins. is scewed up right now, so I agree something needs to be done, but I really don't understand the direction that its going right now.

Ginger Vitas
01-25-2011, 04:10 PM
He is on a roll and I love it!!!!

coyotes_geek
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Where is the money coming to pay for things like this? As I see it right now, me getting fucked over on my health insurance HAS to be compensating for someone screwing the system, right??

Health ins. is scewed up right now, so I agree something needs to be done, but I really don't understand the direction that its going right now.

It's quite simple really. Right now, you get to pick up the tab for the uninsured by hospitals overcharging your insurance to pay for care given to people without insurance. With Obamacare, your insurance company gets to pay a bunch of taxes, which will get passed along to you, so that the government can buy insurance for everyone who doesn't have it. Either way, you're still picking up the tab.

Of course if you donated enough money to Obama's campaign, he'll give you a waiver granting you an exemption from participating in Obamacare.

Yonivore
01-27-2011, 09:08 PM
http://americanglob.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2012-Winning-The-Future.jpg
WINNING THE FUTURE

:lmao What clueless idiot is our President.

ElNono
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
It's quite simple really. Right now, you get to pick up the tab for the uninsured by hospitals overcharging your insurance to pay for care given to people without insurance. With Obamacare, your insurance company gets to pay a bunch of taxes, which will get passed along to you, so that the government can buy insurance for everyone who doesn't have it. Either way, you're still picking up the tab.

Of course if you donated enough money to Obama's campaign, he'll give you a waiver granting you an exemption from participating in Obamacare.

In other words, hospitals still turns a profit, the insurance company still turns a profit, and the taxpayers pay for both private profits + the cost of the actual care.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
http://americanglob.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2012-Winning-The-Future.jpg
WINNING THE FUTURE

:lmao What clueless idiot is our President.
No, it has a double meaning, and he things us peasants[1] are clueless.

Note 1. when I use the term peasant, it is saying what the elitists believe if us. Not what we believe we are to them. (for you El-Know-nothing)

ElNono
01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
No, it has a double meaning, and he things us peasants[1] are clueless.

Note 1. when I use the term peasant, it is saying what the elitists believe if us. Not what we believe we are to them. (for you El-Know-nothing)

When you say 'us peasants', you're the one making the claim you're one. Not the elitists. But I understand what you mean now, beyond the lexical conundrum.

Capt Bringdown
01-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Shrill neoliberal mummy talk such as "Competition" and "Win the Future." Get ready for lots of bipartisan dismantling of the commons.

Obama is the best republican president since Reagan.