PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins is officially playing

LnGrrrR
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Hallejulah. Glad to have you back big fella.

redzero
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/08/18/1187482212_0612.jpg

This is the happiest day of his life.

21_Blessings
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Just in time for Bynum to embarrass him again.

yexZmqZL_pg

LnGrrrR
01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/08/18/1187482212_0612.jpg

This is the happiest day of his life.

:lol How I missed the Perkins scowl/smile.

Gold Tooth Carl
01-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Lakers Fucked!!!

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
7 months tardy.

Saylarvee

ButtHurt Committee
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Just in time for the ass kicking this Sunday.

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Daddy is resting up this week for Sunday. Sandbaggin' that hippo ass.

baseline bum
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I heard he was out for game 7. Can anyone confirm?

mindcrime
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Daddy is resting up this week for Sunday. Sandbaggin' that hippo ass.

Just resting up to fuck up Bynum IMHO.

BanditHiro
01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
the lakers are so fucked lol

DPG21920
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
How does he look?

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 09:38 PM
How does he look?

Like Bynum built a shoe store in his ass last June.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
the lakers are so fucked lol

You do realize that the above admonition makes us WC Champs by default and your sittin' again in June?

DPG21920
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
You are extinct.

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
lmcontrollinao!!!!!!!

BanditHiro
01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
You do realize that the above admonition makes us WC Champs by default and your sittin' again in June?

wow who is talking about playoffs i am referring to the match up coming up in a few days. its a guaranteed lost for the lakers if perkins plays...

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
wow who is talking about playoffs i am referring to the match up coming up in a few days. its a guaranteed lost for the lakers if perkins plays...

Ok, smart ass, an ELE challenge then:::Boston wins I go away until the playoffs start. All Boards. Lakers win you go away until the playoffs start. All Boards.

You in?

HeatChamps
01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Celtics are done anyways. Move on over. Heats turn is now.

Giuseppe
01-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Celtics are done anyways. Move on over. Heats turn is now.

Duder, you stand absolutely no chance Vs. the Celtics. You match up better with us, to be frank.

DPG21920
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Ok, smart ass, an ELE challenge then:::Boston wins I go away until the playoffs start. All Boards. Lakers win you go away until the playoffs start. All Boards.

You in?

Uh uh. Not on my watch. None of this false bravado. There were only one ELE. You lost it.

Nothing else matters.

You are extinct.

skut_farkus
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
come june bynum will be sitting in a shoe store, watching kendrick perkins build one in blairs ass. savvy?

Killakobe81
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Props, Lngrrr

Yall just need to get back Delonte. Jermaine won't matter either way ... Perkins Shaq Baby Davis and KG ...best frontline in the NBA ...

bostonguy
01-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Nice to have Perk back. Now all the Celts need is for West to get back and for Sheed to rejoin the squad. Fuck Jermaine. Send him to the IR.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Just in time for the ass kicking this Sunday.

:lol

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Sheed? For what? when would he play?

rayjayjohnson
01-26-2011, 12:23 AM
lol bynum better buy some extra Vaseline.

crc21209
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Good to see he's back. :tu

bostonguy
01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Sheed? For what? when would he play?

ummmm Sheed adds much better 5th big insurance than that piece of shit Jermaine. He is a guy I trust in the playoffs. He tends to step it up.

DJ Mbenga
01-26-2011, 12:56 AM
good news for jermaine oneal. now he can collect his 6 million by just sitting on the bench

TE
01-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Glad to see the Celts are at full strength, now they have no excuse as to why they lose to the Spurs or Lakers later during the playoffs.

LnGrrrR
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
ummmm Sheed adds much better 5th big insurance than that piece of shit Jermaine. He is a guy I trust in the playoffs. He tends to step it up.

I agree with this actually, assuming Sheed is in the shape he was around playoffs time and not the regular season.

Jermaine was horrible in the playoffs last year.

LkrFan
01-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Who starts in about a month from now - Shaq or Perkins?

LnGrrrR
01-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Who starts in about a month from now - Shaq or Perkins?

Perkins. In fact, if he's healthy, he will probably take over starter duties in half that time.

Shaq is great for a few minutes a game. Doc will want to keep him fresh for the playoffs. Shaq can still pull down rebounds occasionally, clog up the paint, and provide 6 hard fouls.

DJ Mbenga
01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
I agree with this actually, assuming Sheed is in the shape he was around playoffs time and not the regular season.

Jermaine was horrible in the playoffs last year.

i think he shot 12% from the field.

Ashy Larry
01-26-2011, 03:17 AM
never want to see anyone injured .... good to see him recover.

jjktkk
01-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Perkins. In fact, if he's healthy, he will probably take over starter duties in half that time.

Shaq is great for a few minutes a game. Doc will want to keep him fresh for the playoffs. Shaq can still pull down rebounds occasionally, clog up the paint, and provide 6 hard fouls.

And score in the post. Shaq can still beast, just for very short stretches.

cobbler
01-26-2011, 04:42 AM
lol bynum better buy some extra Vaseline.

Look at Mr. about to be iirrelevant trying to find some from the Celts. How cute!

LkrFan
01-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Look at Mr. about to be iirrelevant trying to find some from the Celts. How cute!

urunobili
01-26-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't think the Spurs are equipped to beat a healthy Boston team on a 7 game series... :wakeup

LkrFan
01-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Perk looks like he lost a lot of weight. He told BSPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=6059642) that he is 6'10" and 275 lbs. In contrast, Bynum is at least 7' and he is now 295 lbs. Advantage Bynum. :toast

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't think the Spurs are equipped to beat a healthy Boston team on a 7 game series... :wakeup

Moot point.

ChrisRichards
01-26-2011, 09:20 AM
NO team in the universe scares me more than the Celtics. Just great depth all around. I'm shivering and cowering in absolute fear.

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
NO team in the universe scares me more than the Celtics. Just great depth all around. I'm shivering and cowering in absolute fear.

That's LeBron shivering & cowering in front of ya.

Leetonidas
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM

You in?

Stop taking these bets because you're only gonna lose Cubby. And this shitty forum isn't as entertaining without all your pedo posts. :toast

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Stop taking these bets because you're only gonna lose Cubby. And this shitty forum isn't as entertaining without all your pedo posts. :toast

Don't fret, Bandit ain't got a hair on his ass.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I do agree Boston is the favorite (for title) but I will still say Spurshave been the best team ... out of respect to their record.

In a series, the only clear advantages spurs have on Celts is Manu over Ray ...though Ray almost always makes a contribution in big games ...and the fact rondo cant shoot so spurs will play him much like the Lakers did daring him to beat them from the perimeter ...

Davis is similar to Blair ...
KG would play duncan tough ...
They have better big man depth ...
Pierce would go to work on RJ ..

(fixed).

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
The Spurs would be like the Heat:::nary a chance Vs. the Celtics.

ElNono
01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
I do agree Boston is the favorite (for title) but I will still say Spurshave been the best team ... out of respect to their record.

In a series, the only clear advantages spurs have on Celts is Manu over Ray ...though Ray almost always makes a contribution in big games ...and the fact rondo cant shoot so spurs will play him much like the Lakers did daring him to beat them from the perimeter ...

Davis is similar to Blair ...
KG would play duncan tough ...
They have better big man depth ...
Pierce would go to work on RJ ..

(fixed).

I think we match up well. The difference to me is that right now they execute better than we do, and defend on a more consistent basis too. Ultimately, the big elephant in the room for the Celtics is Rondo's jumpers.
When you eventually manage to reduce their offense to that, you always have a shot at beating them.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
The walking mugshot is in action again :lol

ChrisRichards
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
The Spurs are gonna get trashed by the Celtics in the Finals.

rickross
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
da celts have best frontcourt in nba. respect 2 my nigga perkins. Always one of my favs.

cobbler
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Kinda like opening your wallet and becoming a man.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM

CROFL the tax collector and the welcher :lmao

ChrisRichards

Stop sending me PM's though. Its getting really, really creepy.

Giuseppe

:lmao

mindcrime
01-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice to have Perk back. Now all the Celts need is for West to get back and for Sheed to rejoin the squad. Fuck Jermaine. Send him to the IR.

:tu

FTLSpur
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
The Spurs are gonna get trashed by the Celtics in the Finals.
Honestly, there is not a team in basketball able to match up with them when full healthy... :depressed

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Honestly, there is not a team in basketball able to match up with them when full healthy... :depressed

Sometimes utopia ain't meant to be. Bynum's knee was tore up. Kobe's finger was tore up during these last Finals. You just shut the fuck up/soldier/put it out there/live with the result.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I think we match up well. The difference to me is that right now they execute better than we do, and defend on a more consistent basis too. Ultimately, the big elephant in the room for the Celtics is Rondo's jumpers.When you eventually manage to reduce their offense to that, you always have a shot at beating them.

Exactly. not only is his range limited but he seems scared to drive late in games cuz he FT's suck ...

SO you have a PG who is not a great shooter but can NOT make clutch FT's ...THAT IS A PROBLEM.

I still think despite rondo's limitations that is bad matchup for the spurs ...Miami would be better...orlando definitely.

LnGrrrR
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Exactly. not only is his range limited but he seems scared to drive late in games cuz he FT's suck ...

SO you have a PG who is not a great shooter but can NOT make clutch FT's ...THAT IS A PROBLEM.

I still think despite rondo's limitations that is bad matchup for the spurs ...Miami would be better...orlando definitely.

Yup. Doc keeps trying to tell him to take the shot, but Rondo gets skittish at times. If he could ever develop a semi-decent mid-range jumper he'd be much more dangerous.

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Ln, pick anybody off our team (aside from Kobe) and give us Rondo.

Deal, or no deal?

cobbler
01-26-2011, 10:49 PM

Stop sending me PM's though. Its getting really, really creepy.

Put down the bong son. You have received no PM from me. Simply donate the 100.00 you owe to Kori and I won't ever respond to a post of yours again...

Until then.... I own you. :toast

JR21
01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Sweet. Good luck to your team and I hope they stay healthy. :toast

jjktkk
01-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Disagree, Athletic teams give the Spurs more trouble. That being said, having to play Boston in the finals would be no walk in the park either.

LnGrrrR
01-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Ln, pick anybody off our team (aside from Kobe) and give us Rondo.

Deal, or no deal?

Gasol is tempting, but then we'd have Delonte West and Nate Robinson as our PG's... so no thanks :D

As clutch as Fish is, he's bound to break down eventually... right?

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Gasol is tempting, but then we'd have Delonte West and Nate Robinson as our PG's... so no thanks :D

As clutch as Fish is, he's bound to break down eventually... right?

Do it again...Pick any one player from the Spurs for Rondo.

Deal, or, no deal?

Rummpd
01-27-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/bio.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/career_stats.html

All this enthusiasm for a mediocre large big man who was nothing without Garnett and or other bigs by his side and whom cannot hold a candle in all around skils to Big Baby or even a declining Shaq etc. His best playoff averages are 11 and 11 with 2.3 blocks per game and his career stats are putrid otherwise.

I understand the supposedly bring certain intangibles and some additive toughness but is laughable all the love he gets from especially Celtic fans. Sure he brings that to the table but it surely not like opponents of the Celtic are going to start off wondering how the hell do we stop friggin Kendrick Perkins so you leave him alone or in single coverage. Someone like Bynum now you have to at least sometime double cover with the stats he is putting up!

Some other opinions!

http://duelingcouches.blogspot.com/2009/02/perk-overrated.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/345185-the-five-most-overrated-players-in-the-nba

And if you really want some fun read this stuff:

http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/sucks.aspx/Kendrick_Perkins

bostonguy
01-27-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/bio.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kendrick_perkins/career_stats.html

All this enthusiasm for a mediocre large big man who was nothing without Garnett and or other bigs by his side and whom cannot hold a candle in all around skils to Big Baby or even a declining Shaq etc. His best playoff averages are 11 and 11 with 2.3 blocks per game and his career stats are putrid otherwise.

I understand the supposedly bring certain intangibles and some additive toughness but is laughable all the love he gets from especially Celtic fans.

Laughable how? Because Celts fans think he is vital to the team? No one is saying he is a superstar or even an all star. He is a role player. No where did me or Lng say he is a star.

I won't say losing him is why they lost to LA in game 7 since Sheed stepped up and the Celts had a 13 point lead in that game.

Rummpd
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
He is a solid but limited player but that is all = not a messiah or someone who should be talking all the smack he does all the time or do C's fans - if he was the Laker's starting center he would be laughed at on this site for his lack of offensive skill etc.

Moreover, he is not tall enough to give the Spurs front line as much of an issue as Gasol or Bynum and without Garnett at his side he has never been overly effective.

Big Baby on the other hand has killed the Spurs as he can also go outside and Shaq still can for a few minutes a game give Duncan all that he can handle defensively; so the more Perkins plays for the Celtics is fine with me when we play the Celtics. Maybe against the LAL he gives them another big body but IMO he is vastly over-rated.

Just for fun check out this site:

p://www.talk-sports.net/nba/sucks.aspx/Kendrick_Perkins

LnGrrrR
01-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think anyone thinks Perkins is an offensive superstar. But he's pretty good defensively, and he's given Dwight Howard a hard time before one-on-one. And the C's usually have enough offensive firepower when he's on the floor.

Kendrick plays/works hard, and doesn't give up. That's why Celtics fans like him.

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Perkins was arguably the Celtics most effective player.

Kyle Orton
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
:lmao spurfan hating on Perkins. He's easily a better option at center than Tiago "it takes me 15 seconds to get a hook shot off" Splitter or any scrub big man not named Duncan on that team. Yeah maybe he's coming off ACL surgery but at least he's not a fatass with no ACLs like the Spurs starting center.

LnGrrrR
01-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Do it again...Pick any one player from the Spurs for Rondo.

Deal, or, no deal?

Not really. Rondo is the key to the Celtics offense, and if we lose him, we are stuck with Nate and Delonte West. Not bad, but they don't have Rondo's vision.

It'd be interesting to see Tony Parker on this team, but due to age, I wouldn't make that trade. I think Tony could do well on this team/scheme, and would force defenders to honor his shot.

While you're at it, I don't think I'd trade KG for TD. :lol

Ray Allen for Manu? ... maybe...

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Perkins was the Celtic's most lethal player Vs. us.

What's more, they knew it.

LnGrrrR
01-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Perkins was arguably the Celtics most effective player.

Moreso than Perk being effective, is the fact that he frees up the other Celtics to do what they do best. By defending the post, he allows the rest of the team to rotate faster on the help D.

Now, if Perkins during his recovery learned to shoot the layup/jam the ball without pulling it down first, he might be a good offensive threat. :lol

Kyle Orton
01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Ray Allen for Manu would be good for Boston because Manu actually steps up in close games rather than disappears. At the same time, Ray Allen moving off ball non-stop and coming off screens requires the attention of all 5 players on the other team. Playing in my rec league this year it's amazing how having a guy with a really quick release who can run off screens opens things up for everybody else.

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Not really. Rondo is the key to the Celtics offense, and if we lose him, we are stuck with Nate and Delonte West. Not bad, but they don't have Rondo's vision.

It'd be interesting to see Tony Parker on this team, but due to age, I wouldn't make that trade. I think Tony could do well on this team/scheme, and would force defenders to honor his shot.

While you're at it, I don't think I'd trade KG for TD. :lol

Ray Allen for Manu? ... maybe...

How bout Rondo for anybody on Orlando, Howard included...that one is intriguing, huh? Deal, or, no deal?

LnGrrrR
01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
How bout Rondo for anybody on Orlando, Howard included...that one is intriguing, huh? Deal, or, no deal?

Hm...my first reaction was to shoot it down. Honestly, each member of the Celtics has a certain role, and Rondo's is to get the offense moving. Without that type of facilitator, our offense can go to crap. (Nate sometimes bogs things down, or makes bad decisions.)

But if we were to trade Rondo for Dwight, that would essentially mean a starting lineup of

Pierce
Allen
Dwight
West/Nate
KG

With these men as big men backups: Perkins, Big Baby, Shaq, Erden and Harangody.

That's a deeeeeeeep frontline. So yeah, I'd probably have to pull the trigger on a Dwight for Rondo trade.

Venti Quattro
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Perkins was solid defensively but he couldn't score shit in the Finals.

jjktkk
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Perkins was solid defensively but he couldn't score shit in the Finals.

Perkins is a throwback center. he never will be able score consistantly, but hes really good at being a nasty dude who protects the paint. Lol, he always looks like someone just said something about his momma.

mindcrime
01-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Perkins is a throwback center. he never will be able score consistantly, but hes really good at being a nasty dude who protects the paint. Lol, he always looks like someone just said something about his momma.

In all honesty I would rather have that than someone like D. Howard who is smiling like a douche all the time. The guy looks like a 5 year old at Disneyland all giddy.

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
He & Powe were damn near evil in '08.

jjktkk
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
In all honesty I would rather have that than someone like D. Howard who is smiling like a douche all the time. The guy looks like a 5 year old at Disneyland all giddy.

Howard comes across as goofy, but he is the best center in the league today. If he keeps improving on his post game, he will literally be unstoppable.

mindcrime
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Howard comes across as goofy, but he is the best center in the league today. If he keeps improving on his post game, he will literally be unstoppable.

I wasn't knocking his talent. Nor did I mean I would rather have Perkins over Dwight. My thing is he would be feared a lot more if he stopped with the stupid grin all the time. Carmelo does the same thing. Not sure what's worse, the stupid smiling or Kobe's wannabe tough guy trapjaw.