PDA

View Full Version : David Lee's Comments after the Game

ezau
01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Not sure if he's complementing the Spurs, but he seemed very bitter after the loss. Here's what he said:

"They’re a very frustrating team to play,” Lee said. “I don’t go out there feeling like they’re a better team than us. When you play the Lakers you look at their size and say it’s going to be a tough game. I feel like we match up well with the Spurs. I feel like they’re a beatable team, especially in this building. And just the way they execute and the way they take advantage of any little mistake you make, it’s like a boring way to play but it’s so effective. There’s a reason why their record is what it is."

arles
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
It's gotta be VERY frustrating to play against the Spurs =P

jestersmash
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
No, he's not complimenting the spurs. This is pure speculation but I'd imagine he might still be sour about RJ clowning him a month ago. He also probably vastly underrates how good our back court is compared to their back court of ellis/curry.

ezau
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
No, he's not complimenting the spurs. This is pure speculation but I'd imagine he might still be sour about RJ clowning him a month ago. He also probably vastly underrates how good our back court is compared to their back court of ellis/curry.

LOL, thanks for pointing out the spelling error. I'm too sleepy to even type correctly right now:lol:lol

justinandimcool
01-25-2011, 09:38 PM

^ lol you a member of a media? Way to stretch things.

I think it's a true thing to say. You think teams are scared of Blair as our center and Bonner as our second big?

Our backcourt is great, but there are tons of great backcourts in the NBA that every team sees night in and night out. No one looks at TP/Manu and says "ohnoez we're fucked!", but as well as a lot of teams match up they still get beat because of their craftiness.

Credit the Spurs for making it work the way it has (so far), and that's what Lee is doing.

MmP
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
It's terribly boring having 4 titles David...

tp2021
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
It must've been a lot more exciting getting RJ's nuts in his mouth. Much more exciting way to lose. I mean play.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
David Lee's lifetime NBA record (approx.): 160-294 0.352
Tim Duncan's lifetime NBA record (approx.): 757-322 .701

Boring is good.

sananspursfan21
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
if the spurs are so beatable, why are they 38-7?

The Truth #6
01-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Clearly, Manu is camped out in David Lee's head, pump faking and flopping and giving David sweet nightmares.

But seriously, what a big wuss. His comments show a total neanderthal way to approach the game. As if being better coached and smarter is somehow less legitimate.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I guess boring is the new exciting if that makes any sense.

ezau
01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Lee still hasn't recovered from the abuse that he took from RJ, LMAO.

justinandimcool
01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
rofl sensitive Spur fans taking every neutral thing said and spinning it as something negative against our precious team.

Can't see compliments for what they are ftl.

LakerHater
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Taking advatage of your opponents mistakes is a boring way to play??? http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Pero
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Saw this comment and thought is Lee stupid or something? But I suppose he could just be butthurt. :lol

MI21
01-25-2011, 09:59 PM
David Lee thought exciting was taking his shirt off and doing a cartwheel during a dunk comp. His opinion means little.

L.I.T
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Eh, I suspect what he was trying to get it is that on paper the Spurs do not look overwhelmingly talented and appear potentially beatable. But when you get on the court they just grind you down with execution. It's a similar sentiment that has been expressed by a lot of different players. I'm trying to remember which big said something along the lines of TD is on half a leg, but when you actually play him he basically beats the shit out of you all game.

Just poorly worded and expressed on Lee's part. (giving him the benefit of the doubt that is)

Brutalis
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
That was a backhanded compliment at its best.

It's like telling your girl "I love you, bitch."

justinandimcool
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I am still failing to see anything negative or untrue in that quote. I'm starting to think you guys all have some kind of depressive disorder or something, taking everything said as an insult :lol

Cessation
01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
He's obviously butthurt.

DesignatedT
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Lee's a bitch.

tp2021
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm not insulted dude. It's just more fun to bring light upon RJ dunking his nuts in Lee's mouth.

Glad to know he admires our team anyway.

ElNono
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Who is Lee and what has he done?

cd98
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Lee hasn't caught up with the latest narrative in the media. Spurs are no longer boring. Now they are a run and gun team that doesn't play defense or feature Duncan. Real Spur fans know both narratives are wrong.

Sean Cagney
01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I feel like we match up well with the Spurs.

^^^^^^^^ Since when was that? They get blown out when the play the Spurs every time, worse than last night earlier this year. How the hell is that matching up well?

greyforest
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
It’s like a boring way to play but it’s so effective. There’s a reason why their record is what it is.

justinandimcool
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I feel like we match up well with the Spurs.

^^^^^^^^ Since when was that? They get blown out when the play the Spurs every time, worse than last night earlier this year. How the hell is that matching up well?

They match Tony's speed in Ellis, they match our shooting in Ellis/Wright/Williams, and we do not overwhelm their size with Blair or Bonner. Technically, they do match up well, they just don't play together and aren't as smart/well coached.

Did you expect him to say "Yeah dude they are gods of basketball we should not even be on the court with them". Obviously that's what we think as fans, but when do you ever hear a player say that?

milkyway21
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Not sure if he's complementing the Spurs, but he seemed very bitter after the loss. Here's what he said:

"They’re a very frustrating team to play,” Lee said. “I don’t go out there feeling like they’re a better team than us. When you play the Lakers you look at their size and say it’s going to be a tough game. I feel like we match up well with the Spurs. I feel like they’re a beatable team, especially in this building. And just the way they execute and the way they take advantage of any little mistake you make, it’s like a boring way to play but it’s so effective. There’s a reason why their record is what it is."

I think he meant - "I simply didn't see what hit me, until it's over :lmao"

SenorSpur
01-25-2011, 11:01 PM
If this was his idea of a compliment, it was a back-handed one - at best.

awktalk
01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
You know I read this quote last night and was like, "wtf, the boring card?"

But rereading it, I don't think he knows that Spurs fan really really really resents that term. I mean, he probably just doesn't know, it is kind of an inside thing. And if you take out the word "boring", most Spurs fans probably would take his statement as a compliment to this team.

NRHector
01-25-2011, 11:17 PM
they are a better team that's why they are 38-7

TD 21
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't take it as a compliment to the team if you take out the word boring.

He basically said "they're good, but they're not that good . . . they're not Lakers good" It's a slap in the face that he'd have the audacity to think, let alone say, his shit team matches up well with this team, which has been a juggernaut through 45 games.

If the Spurs had the same personnel they have and were playing the way they've played to this point, but they were the Lakers and not the Spurs, he wouldn't have said that. Conversely, if the Lakers had the same personnel they have and were playing the way they've played to this point, but they were the Spurs and not the Lakers, they would no longer be the favorites.

awktalk
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM

He basically said "they're good, but they're not that good . . . they're not Lakers good" It's a slap in the face that he'd have the audacity to think, let alone say, his shit team matches up well with this team, which has been a juggernaut through 45 games.

If the Spurs had the same personnel they have and were playing the way they've played to this point, but they were the Lakers and not the Spurs, he wouldn't have said that. Conversely, if the Lakers had the same personnel they have and were playing the way they've played to this point, but they were the Spurs and not the Lakers, they would no longer be the favorites.

I'd like to see the video. Opening your mouth and having a turd come out is not the same as maligning. Dude was obviously frustrated against us, especially after having such a good game. Oh, and he obviously isn't very smart.

crc21209
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
:lol Guys like David Lee just need to keep their mouth shut.

mando6599
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
When I read those comments I thought, "he's some pansy hopping on-board the media hype-train that dubs the Spurs boring". He's an idiot, to say the least. If we're so beatable, why do you never beat us? Idiocy.

TE
01-26-2011, 12:47 AM
lol at this guy

dbreiden83080
01-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Who the fuck is David Lee???

Spursfanfromafar
01-26-2011, 12:52 AM
No offense at what he says. He means that size wise, possibly even skill wise the Warriors don't see themselves as much inferior to the Spurs as opposed to the long and lengthy Lakers whose size gives most teams heebeejeebies. But execution is where the Spurs beat most teams..preying on little mistakes and through in-game tactics and quite efficiently. It is actually a compliment, I reckon.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-26-2011, 12:58 AM
rofl sensitive Spur fans taking every neutral thing said and spinning it as something negative against our precious team.

Can't see compliments for what they are ftl.

I'd see this as a compliment, rather than a thinly veiled insult, IF I didn't witness Lee intentionally push Duncan, after Duncan took him to school on back to back possessions. The push even provoked Tim Duncan to turn his head and give Lee a puzzled look. The man is a sore loser, he even got into it with Stephen Curry last season when he was on the Knicks.

He also took RJ's unintentional horse-back ride as an opportunity to announce that not only did RJ disrespect him, but the Warriors and their fans in general. Just because of his "frustration" he wants people to see his irrational opinion of us, and I'm sure he successfully brew some kind of ridiculous hatred for the Spurs among his fans.

The man is a little bitch. & if it really came to blows with another player, David Lee would get hit and burst into glitter and mayonnaise.

ezau
01-26-2011, 02:07 AM

Superb post TD21 :toast:toast:toast

jjktkk
01-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Who the fuck is David Lee???

qqOyDBuB7RM

greyforest
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
KxTQa5dALtU

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2011, 02:37 AM
lol as others have said, Lee is clearly butthurt. No doubt about it.

YODA
01-26-2011, 02:43 AM

Im kinda with this quote. Lee may Think starters can contend, but there is nothing else past that for GS, which is why they loose. Being able to see your physiclally at a disadvantage to LA is easy to see. Being able to see your opponent is out smarting is not.
I Think he is Right. Were not really scary on paper, we just find your weak spots and exploit it. What do you expect Lee to say?? "the Spurs are the best and we have no chance"?? come on. You have to expect him to say something for his team. Get a grip people.

temujin
01-26-2011, 04:39 AM
GSW little mistakes!!!!!!

Lee's comments FINALLY explain to me why Mike got rid of him in the process of building a winning team in NYC.

Lee is just NOT very intelligent.

If he was intelligent, he would have noticed that
Dice had season high numbers, hitting uncontested jumpers,
Splitter raised from DNPs to have the best night of the season (10 FTs and missing 2 easy wideopen layups),
and Duncan was balling before the "injury" and was toying after.

Start guarding the guys in front of you and stop talking about the "little mistakes".

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2011, 04:52 AM
comparing a farming team to a contender is not smart at all....

G-Dawgg
01-26-2011, 05:25 AM
...this is coming from the most exciting player on the planet: David Lee :rollin ...what a clown...

Stringer_Bell
01-26-2011, 05:39 AM
David Lee is just mad he's been sleepin on a nigga, getting lulled to sleep by Spurs, then getting the W snatched out of his own arena...let him say whatever, he's just another overpaid, no ring, couch potato when the post seasons arrives.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Failing to make the playoffs is what's boring.

Mel_13
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM
David Lee's lifetime NBA record (approx.): 160-294 0.352
Tim Duncan's lifetime NBA record (approx.): 757-322 .701

Boring is good.

:lol

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 10:36 AM
You guys reading way too much on to this. it was a compliment.

Analogy/transaltion: Spurs are like the guy you over look in a pick-up game because they are not the biggest, fastest or flashiest as you shoot for captains or warming up waiting for the rest of your "boys" to show.

Then the game starts and they just beat you with better execution and fundamentals. You lose game after game while the spurs say "next" after game point.

You sit on the side saying "we should of beat them" ...but you didn't.

That has been the spurs ESPECIALLY since Robinson left ...Duncan and Pop deserve a great deal of credit.

tmtcsc
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Nothing boring about the Spurs anymore. He's bitter and doesn't understand that the Spurs success hinges on executing their game better than you do yours.

I wonder what makes him think the GS Warriors are remotely on the same level as the Spurs.

Kool Bob Love
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
It's terribly boring having 4 titles David...
It sure is David...:sleep

howbouthemspurs
01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
David Lee is a Douche who is completely butt hurt. I guess he would rather have nuts in the face!

Obstructed_View
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Like "Kobe Bryant is the greatest second-fiddle the NBA has seen since Scottie Pippen".

duhoh
01-26-2011, 11:41 AM
That was a backhanded compliment at its best.

It's like telling your girl "I love you, bitch."

:lol

:tu

Drachen
01-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Analogy/transaltion: Spurs are like the guy you over look in a pick-up game because they are not the biggest, fastest or flashiest as you shoot for captains or warming up waiting for the rest of your "boys" to show.

Then the game starts and they just beat you with better execution and fundamentals. You lose game after game while the spurs say "next" after game point.

That has been the spurs ESPECIALLY since Robinson left ...Duncan and Pop deserve a great deal of credit.

This was a much more exciting way of putting it. LOL

jimo2305
01-26-2011, 01:55 PM
meh if he gave any sort of complement in that statement.. it was to the lakers :lol

JustinJDW
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
It usually is frustrating playing one of the best teams in the league.

Can't see compliments for what they are ftl.This. You guys get butthurt at anything. It was a fucking compliment. Calm down.

Hoops Czar
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Who gives a flying sh!t what anyone else said or thinks, least of all David Lee.

TDomination
01-26-2011, 02:47 PM

I agree with this.

I think its true, most teams will see our team and say hey they are really beatable. Theres really no intimidating player on our team, just a bunch of fundamentally sound players who take advantage of ANY mistake the opponent makes.

Halfway through the game, the opponent will feel like they are in it, but then next thing they know they look up at the scoreboard and they are down.

They don't know how it happened, they feel like they are playing just as good as the Spurs. But the Spurs will do all the little things and all the little things add up to a win.

Sean Cagney
01-26-2011, 02:55 PM
They match Tony's speed in Ellis, they match our shooting in Ellis/Wright/Williams, and we do not overwhelm their size with Blair or Bonner. Technically, they do match up well, they just don't play together and aren't as smart/well coached.

Did you expect him to say "Yeah dude they are gods of basketball we should not even be on the court with them". Obviously that's what we think as fans, but when do you ever hear a player say that?

They have no big man at all for Tim, that there is their huge disadvantage IMO. BTW if they match up so well like I said why do they get killed everytime? They have to shoot 50% just to stay close, hell they were shooting 58% and still losing by near ten at one point. I don't expect him to say that no, but they don't match up well if you look at the scores.

ttdog
01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
The video of the interview is on this page:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/warriorsvideo

Look for "1.24: SAS/GSW postgame -- David Lee"

I don't know how to link to it directly.

awktalk
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
The video of the interview is on this page:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/warriorsvideo

Look for "1.24: SAS/GSW postgame -- David Lee"

I don't know how to link to it directly.

Lee is obviously not putting the Spurs down. I'm more offended by Dorrell Wright saying "uhh, ya know, they're kinda like perfectionals". :lol Thought Lee was dumb, jeebus.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=wBeqfxeu6B2tvwFcoCsJbdS0zDCjP__T

cornbread
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
I wish it would have gone down like this:

"I feel like we match up well with the Warriors. I feel like they’re a beatable team...it’s like an ineffective way to play but it’s so exciting."

Richard Jefferson

iminol
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Bump

David Lee is in his career 1-13 vs. San Antonio Spurs. And still counting.

howbouthemspurs
03-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Lee is not relevant so his are not relevant as well. He needs to change his diapers

lefty
03-22-2011, 10:07 AM

I have no porpblem with Lee's comments

He is frustrated with the loss, but there is no hate or bitterness in his comment

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
its stupid when grown up nba players talk like this

lefty
03-22-2011, 10:15 AM
its stupid when grown up nba players talk like this
Like competitive players?

I prefer that to the conventional, Sternized " they played great; we have a lot of respect for them; they have some of the greatest players of all-time "

JR3
03-22-2011, 11:19 AM
There was a David Lee that played for the knicks once I think.

angelbelow
03-22-2011, 03:27 PM
David butthurt Lee

cutewizard
03-23-2011, 12:14 AM

in other words, the Spurs do it thru skill and teamwork and discipline

in other words, the Spurs are ethical....sort of

Tuddy
03-23-2011, 03:22 AM
some players just can't grasp the concept of a TEAM sport when they have been playing it their whole lives.

spurspokesman
03-23-2011, 06:09 AM
If you cant beat em join em. Come on over David Lee:toast

Jimcs50
03-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Winning is never boring, losing is boring.

Doctor J
03-23-2011, 07:06 PM
David, 'Annoying' or 'Disturbing' might be a better word than 'Boring' here.

mytespurs
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
^ lol you a member of a media? Way to stretch things.

I think it's a true thing to say. You think teams are scared of Blair as our center and Bonner as our second big?

Our backcourt is great, but there are tons of great backcourts in the NBA that every team sees night in and night out. No one looks at TP/Manu and says "ohnoez we're fucked!", but as well as a lot of teams match up they still get beat because of their craftiness.

Credit the Spurs for making it work the way it has (so far), and that's what Lee is doing.

what can we say? we're fans and we overreact to everything Spurs whether it's a big win, terrible losses, perceived slights by media/rivals/players on other teams.....you have a read on Lee's comments. :toast