PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union Address

fraga
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
So I thought the Presidents speech was pretty good...I even thought the Republican response was actually pretty good...WTF was the point of Michele Bachmanns speech all about other than a hey look at me...

Pistons < Spurs
01-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Obama brought nothing new to the table. It was a good speech, as they usually are from him, but still underwhelming. I've heard him say the same things over and over. But I'm supposed to believe him this time I guess...

Ryan was far too rehearsed and practiced for me. Mechanical and calculated. But his speech was decent. Felt too much like he was trying to sell me something ... which he was I guess. Hit his points while sounding intelligent but he should have kept it shorter.

The other lady (don't even remember her name), I have no idea what she said. She was always looking up and to the left towards the teleprompter. Never once faced the camera. Completely threw off my ability to actually listen to her.

Pretty much wasted a couple of hours tonight.

balli
01-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I didn't watch any of the speeches, but I'll watch the POTUS's on youtube at some point.

I caught about two seconds of Joe Scarborough talking to Brian Williams, saying that Michelle Bachman was side-show trainwreck. I was not surprised.

boutons_deux
01-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Barry didn't run the country into a ditch and permanent decline, and Barry can't fix anything. The decline will continue unabated, while the financial and corporate sectors continues to pocket 100s of $Bs in profits from overseas operations where growth is higher and most of their investments are going.

America is run exclusively for the corporations' profits, most of which aren't in America anymore, except maybe for the Banksters and Wall St crooks. The corps and capitalists don't need America or Americans anymore, except as a safe place to live in their walled communities protected by taxpayer-financed police.

DJ Mbenga
01-26-2011, 12:47 AM
bachman was horrible. she wasnt even looking at the camera. obama and that house dude were well prepared and delivered good speeches.

Nbadan
01-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Boehner wasn't looking to good either...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/306680859_c35cd01eeb.jpg

TE
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
I liked the Republican response tbh, but Obama's was much more enriching tbh.

The Reckoning
01-26-2011, 01:14 AM
it was boring. i went to taco cabana instead and ate two bean and cheese burritos. they were very bueno.

The Reckoning
01-26-2011, 01:14 AM
oh and i also drank a dr pepper. it was very bueno tambien.

Capt Bringdown
01-26-2011, 01:22 AM
The elite's solution for everything is market forces and top-down, undemocratic "reforms."
Nothing more tonight than the same familiar corporate platitudes about competition and of course, american exceptionalism.
The Race to the bottom continues unabated.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Has a Repugnatin gone on record yet as to what spending they would cut?

Stringer_Bell
01-26-2011, 06:01 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I think that was his exact face during Bachmann's speech.

sickdsm
01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Reduce spending but spend more on high speed rail? Fucking Amtrack is a joke right now, scrap it and start over?

fraga
01-26-2011, 08:45 AM

I swear there were a few times when I thought he was just gonna start balling...he got all teary eyed...as he does...kind of funny...

And Bachmann...seriously lady...WTF...let your party have one unified speech...why must you pointlessly try and hog the spotlight...and I heard she was looking directly into her "Online" camera...and the TV networks camera was pointed at her off to the side...that's why she never looked at the camera...too busy talking to her constituants...

DarrinS
01-26-2011, 09:00 AM
He didn't hurt himself, but it was pretty damn boring.

BlairForceDejuan
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
:sleep

Empty words, cheap clichés, phony applause. Needed a Joe Wilson to spice it up imho.