PDA

View Full Version : Round Two less Than 2 weeks (Spurs Lakers)

The_Worlds_finest
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Lakers appear to be getting it together. February the 3rd should be PPV!
Is Kobe going to get his revenge or is the "old"(younger) team going to be able to hand the grizzled veterans of LA another Loss?

2010-2011 Ages (http://hoopism.com/?p=37) Click this Link

Ditty
01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
non issue

mytespurs
01-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I think Lakers win round 2.

I think the Spurs will fall in with the pack on this roadeo trip-in other words, I'm expecting .500 play-spurs haven't gone through their "losing streak" yet so if it's to happen, I expect it to happen on this road trip.

Now if they go over 500, then.....:toast

TE
01-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Lakers will probably win this one. But non-issue, it's the regular season.

Proceed

DazedAndConfused
01-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Lakers don't give a shit about the regular season. Spurs could win all 4 games and it wouldn't mean shit.

Playoffs = totally different beast. Especially for the 2-time defending champs.

greyforest
01-26-2011, 02:11 AM
is it april yet

trollt
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
hoping matt's back by this game. his presence pulls that 2nd big out of the paint and makes it easier for our guards to score layups against LA

YODA
01-26-2011, 02:57 AM
Lakers don't give a shit about the regular season. Spurs could win all 4 games and it wouldn't mean shit.

Playoffs = totally different beast. Especially for the 2-time defending champs.

Silly Troll. Do you really think the Spurs give a shit about the regualr season either? You may not think it, but if LA were swept 4 game in regualr season, it wouldnt be a good omen for LA in playoffs.

The Playoffs are a different beast. agreed. you Also might remember the Spurs shut down your last Arena.

Frenzy
01-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Oh please..

Every game matters ..even regular season games when its the spurs and lakers.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2011, 03:26 AM
this is how i see it, if the spurs lose, the lafans will get into our grill

if they lose, they will say its just another reg season game

The_Worlds_finest
01-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Laker fan will bitch and moan that regular season doesn't matter, however their bitch ass MO for 99 championship is *. Either way Ill bet you any amount of money neither team wants to lose. Especially the fakers since they will be 0-2 for the season vs the Spurs.

Do some research and see what the success rate is in the playoffs compared to regular season meetings, for same conference teams.

silverblk mystix
01-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Spurs have blown out the lakers the last two meetings...

this will be intense because the lakers remember this...so they might actually have an intense practice or two and the rapist will actually practice again....

but the spurs will win again...and will officially be in the lakers heads...

Rummpd
01-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Playoffs = totally different beast. Especially for the 2-time defending champs.t

B.S.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01/24/kobe-still-looking-forward-nbas-best-record/47424/

Kobe at least will want this game he commented yesterday (see above) the Lakers still have two teams to catch in the standings - do not kid yourself the LAL want this game and a chance at HCA in the West and will bring everything they have to the table and SAS will have to also really want it to avoid getting beat badly as payback. Kobe and the LAL also know that SAS are not overly impressed by LAL's 2x squad when the big three have 10 championships among them and have won championships going through superior LAL squads than the current one.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
LOL Spurs already posting thread about Round 2 ...all I care about inthe regular season is Boston. not saying a win over the spurs wouldnt be nice but I doubt we catch them for HCA ....anyway.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM
t

B.S.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01/24/kobe-still-looking-forward-nbas-best-record/47424/

Kobe at least will want this game he commented yesterday (see above) the Lakers still have two teams to catch in the standings - do not kid yourself the LAL want this game and a chance at HCA in the West and will bring everything they have to the table and SAS will have to also really want it to avoid getting beat badly as payback. Kobe and the LAL also know that SAS are not overly impressed by LAL's 2x squad when the big three have 10 championships among them and have won championships going through superior LAL squads than the current one.

As for kobe, he wants to win every "big game" ...especially teams that are considered competition for the Lakers ...but the team is bored. even phil is bored with the regular season ...

urunobili
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
LOL Spurs already posting thread about Round 2 ...all I care about inthe regular season is Boston. not saying a win over the spurs wouldnt be nice but I doubt we catch them for HCA ....anyway.

lol San Antonio based Laker fan posting here all day

Mel_13
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Spurs fan obsessing about RS game(s) in the Spurs forum of a Spurs message board is one thing. Then there's this:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171026

tmtcsc
01-26-2011, 10:50 AM
You're right about one thing Killa. Boston matters more. They are the likely match-up for the Spurs in the Finals. The Heat and Magic are pretenders. Celts need to stay healthy though.

The Lakers played well last night but they aren't playing cohesively yet. Kobe is still ball hogging too much and not taking advantage of Gasol.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2011, 10:53 AM
http://westwood.wikispaces.com/file/view/spam-big.jpg/31059659/spam-big.jpg

JR21
01-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Im definately going to be watching this one. Not an important game? Spurs vs. Lakers in L.A. is a big game in my book. Definately gona be a interesting game with the Spurs going in #1 in the West with Lakers heating up and Bynum back in the lineup.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 11:07 PM
lol San Antonio based Laker fan posting here all day

had a slow work day and was bored ... LOL
in between projects and I dont live in San antonio anymore ...
But glad i got your attention ...:toast

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
01-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Non issue.

If the Spurs win, they beat a team they're supposed to beat. If they lose, tough luck, they also lost to the Clippers this season.

lil'mo
01-27-2011, 12:13 AM
spurs by 30

Banzai
01-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Should be a good game.