PDA

View Full Version : Spurs record without Matty Bonner

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 04:24 AM
9-1.
11-1 when you drop it down to games Bonner played 8 min or less.
2-2 When you move it up to 30+ minutes.
Just sayin. Sure there are factors involved in the record but basically....

Only your T_Park and PollyAnna Poppers Club members want to see Bonner at 30+ minutes.

Yet tonight, with a chance to really make his roster spot useful as Timmy Dunks has a hyperflexed knee, and Bonner is still on the IR.
Ironic because Bonbon was actually making somewhat of an effort to rebound in his last 10 games.

greyforest
01-26-2011, 04:36 AM
correlation != causation

bonner is an effective roleplayer and has caught fire and single-handedly won a game that i can remember recently

playoff bonner is a different animal, but he's really nice to have around in the regular season.

silverblk mystix
01-26-2011, 06:30 AM
...I just want Bonner to heal properly...

no need to rush back...

take another 10-25 games off to be sure...

just thinkin' of the red rockets health, really...

Rummpd
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Spurs are forced with this injury to let both Blair and Splitter play more minutes. I would not be surprised if Pop is not wink, wink poor Bonner has a bruise so it is time to look at something else (finally). Pop knows what he has in Bonner and will allow him to heal but also is probably not overly concerned he is missing awhile right now.

I for one would love to see another big game out of Blair tonight in particular as he has been erratic but at times showing what he is capable of again as a starter.

Jazz have no confidence and he should just go after every board like only he can tonight and let the chips fall where they may.

mando6599
01-26-2011, 08:55 AM
How much did Sloan rest his starters in the blowout to the Lakers last night?

K-State Spur
01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
The 2-2 is misleading. For one thing, Bonner has only played 30+ minutes in 3 games this year, and Spurs are 2-1 in those. Those 2 wins were Orlando at home and Milwaukee on the road - and Bonner was INSTRUMENTAL in both those victories.

The loss was @Boston - arguably SAS' more difficult contest of the season thus far. The King of +/- was +13 in that game, so it's impossible to say that he was responsible for the tough loss.

He played 29:56 in the loss against LAC - which you may be rounding up for the second loss. He was flat out awful in that game...but so were Duncan, McDyess, Blair, and Splitter (Bonner actually led all bigs in rebounds).

K-State Spur
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
How much did Sloan rest his starters in the blowout to the Lakers last night?

Quite a bit, only Williams played more than 30 minutes (32). Doesn't matter how rested they are though if they come out and play as poorly as they did last night.

Their early season comebacks seem to have generated enough positive media buzz that they are being overlooked as one of the most disappointing teams in the league this year (as much as a team that is currently 9 games over .500 can be).

ElNono
01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
His contributions to this team are certainly way over-exaggerated around here.
You would think the Spurs would 'suffer' at least a bit with their purportedly 'second best big' out of the lineup. Supposedly the guy that makes Tim, Manu and Tony better by providing the proverbial 'spacing'. :rolleyes

The reality is that Duncan is way up there in quality (even in one leg), then there's a modicum of drop to McDyess, and after that there's basically a free fall of quality until you reach Bonner/Blair/Splitter, with Bonner/Blair being basically at the same level and Splitter being a step below.

Agloco
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
9-1.
Just sayin. Sure there are factors involved in the record but basically...

Soooo........they're 29-6 in games that he's played.

Their record with him playing more than 8 mins? 27-6

Lol classic Fabbs self-ownage. :lol

K-State Spur
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Also, another stat is wrong - Spurs are actually 9-2 without Bonner (not 9-1).

That record falls to 2-2 against .500+ teams. 2 losses to NOH, victories over NY (only 2 games over .500) and Denver (in free fall with the Melo-drama).

Besides that, SAS has won 7 games against crappy teams without Bonner in the lineup. He's worthless...

ElNono
01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
There's no need to play down opponents. Denver is a good team. They were on a winning streak scoring 130 points on each of their last 3 games before playing us, and beat down OKC convincingly the game after ours.

I also think Bonner is a good matchup to play against NO. He's not 'worthless', but far from 'instrumental' as some people like to claim around here.

I do wish he recovers soon. You always want to have a healthy team and as many options available as possible.

Mel_13
01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Also, another stat is wrong - Spurs are actually 9-2 without Bonner (not 9-1).

That record falls to 2-2 against .500+ teams. 2 losses to NOH, victories over NY (only 2 games over .500) and Denver (in free fall with the Melo-drama).

Besides that, SAS has won 7 games against crappy teams without Bonner in the lineup. He's worthless...

:lol

The whole causation/correlation thing was always a mystery to him. Notice how the Blair 20+ minute thread doesn't get bumped anymore now that the correlation has virtually disappeared.

Just to put your point in Fabbsian terms:

Spurs record v. +.500 teams:

With Bonner: 14-4
Without Bonner: 2-2

Russ
01-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Bonner eats up a lot of minutes and takes up a lot of scoring slack.

The rest of the team may wear down quicker wiith him out and that could be the real harm.

Blake
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM
9-1.

Only your T_Park and PollyAnna Poppers Club members want to see Bonner at 30+ minutes.

has someone notified Pop of this?

seems he would need to know this important info asap.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't get the Bonner hate you see around here.

Without the double teams Matt draws, Tony and Manu's points would take a serious hit. Think about it - when's the last time you've seen Matt taken an open shot? That's spacing fellas is what gives Manu and Tony room to score.

On defense, his weak side defense has improved dramatically - take away Matt's defense and we're sub par defensive team.

When's the last time you've seen a player get by Matt when he's matched up one on one - doesn't happen and you can guarantee a block if it does.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 10:18 AM
The 2-2 is misleading. For one thing, Bonner has only played 30+ minutes in 3 games this year, and Spurs are 2-1 in those. Those 2 wins were Orlando at home and Milwaukee on the road - and Bonner was INSTRUMENTAL in both those victories.

The loss was @Boston - arguably SAS' more difficult contest of the season thus far. The King of +/- was +13 in that game, so it's impossible to say that he was responsible for the tough loss.

He played 29:56 in the loss against LAC - which you may be rounding up for the second loss. He was flat out awful in that game...but so were Duncan, McDyess, Blair, and Splitter (Bonner actually led all bigs in rebounds).
The NBA rounds it up.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Without 11-1.

.814 is better then .910

Get those raspberry chocolate chips ready. Somebody is Red hot n ready for the next PollyAnna Poppers club meeting.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
has someone notified Pop of this?

seems he would need to know this important info asap.

I haven't watched a Spurs game with Bonner in the last 4 seasons or playoffs.

notified. :wakeup

SenorSpur
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Spurs are forced with this injury to let both Blair and Splitter play more minutes. I would not be surprised if Pop is not wink, wink poor Bonner has a bruise so it is time to look at something else (finally). Pop knows what he has in Bonner and will allow him to heal but also is probably not overly concerned he is missing awhile right now.

If there was ever a silver lining resulting from Bonner's unfortunate injury, the increased playing time for Splitter would be it. He needed court time to help accelerate his integration and it probably wasn't going to happen otherwise. I hate to see Bonner get hurt and hope that he's not out long. In the meantime, the increased playing time for Splitter can only pay dividends for down the road.

NRHector
01-26-2011, 12:08 PM
So all this means that Bonner sucks

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 12:09 PM
If there was ever a silver lining resulting from Bonner's unfortunate injury, the increased playing time for Splitter would be it. He needed court time to help accelerate his integration and it probably wasn't going to happen otherwise. I hate to see Bonner get hurt and hope that he's not out long. In the meantime, the increased playing time for Splitter can only pay dividends for down the road.
Well said.
So far even *CIA Pops* mistakes are working out this year. :lol

But yeah a 5th big would be nice for this roadie. Is Bonner replaceable if his injury is indeed long term? Could T_Parks grandmother shoot treys?

Brutalis
01-26-2011, 12:09 PM
As already mentioned I don't understand the Bonner dissing that goes around either.

He frustrates me sometimes but he does space the floor and force the 4 or 5 position to come out and defend his three which helps Duncan a lot.

Bonner has saved our ass plenty of times too. I have seen several games where we are trying to close a team out in the fourth and Bonner nails a pivotal triple.

Blake
01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
notified. :wakeup

cool, how did he respond?

Surely Pop has seen a game or two with Bonner in it during the last 4 years or playoffs....surely he surely agrees with your assessment.

DesignatedT
01-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Bonner is a great asset to have throughout the course of the season. He is a great filler for when Duncan or Dice need some rest. I think everyone can agree that we don't necessarily want to see him get 30+ minutes during the playoffs but during the regular season that is fine if he is playing well, which he has been. This team needs Bonner to hurry and get back.

Mugen
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I want him back just to be able to keep Dice and Timmy healthy for the playoffs.

Other than that, his worth to the team is extremely overrated by Pop and the Pop nuthuggers.

It's great hes hitting his shots in the regular season but everyone knows that well is gonna be drying up once playoffs start.

i dont know how much "spacing" he is going to provide when Phil Jackson dares him to beat us in the playoffs and he clanks 3 pointer after 3 pointer while getting abused by Pau on the other end.

alchemist
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Why wouldn't you want Bonner back? He spreads the floor and keeps the Bigs minutes under control.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Why wouldn't you want Bonner back? He spreads the floor and keeps the Bigs minutes under control.

Of course you want Bonner back, but it's definitely good for Blair and Splitter to get some burn while he's out.

I really hope that average Spur fan doesn't believe the Spurs are going to succeed with Bonner getting 20+ minutes in the playoffs. Other teams will exploit that weakness all day long.

Blair and Splitter need to be as ready as possible for the playoffs in case Antonio gets hurt or gets in foul trouble.

JustinJDW
01-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Bonner is more valuable to this team then people give him credit for. Simple as that.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Bonner is more valuable to this team then people give him credit for. Simple as that.
The last 3 playoffs have certainly showed his valuableness.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 02:51 PM

He accounts for 17% of the Spurs' 3 pointers made - that is valuable no doubt. He's also made some big shots in a few games this year - that's good news and hopefully he'll be a weapon for 3pt shooting in the playoffs.

I just wonder if his "floor spacing" value is worth more than interior defense and rebounds. Yes, I'm taking into account his improved rebounding and team defense - overall he's still very average at best in those areas.

Chris
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Can't wait until Bonner gets back tbh. It's been torturous watching Dick Jeff clank open 3 after open 3. It seems like teams are daring him to shoot. What's weird is he's averaging 3's at 40%. He's basically a poor man's Bowen at this point in the season. I miss the old Jefferson we saw at the beginning of the season who wasn't afraid to slash and was getting to the line consistently.

DesignatedT
01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
The last 3 playoffs have certainly showed his valuableness.

same could be said about multiple spurs....

Matt Bonner was never "the reason" why we won or lost. It always has been and will be on the big 3.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Matt Bonner was never "the reason" why we won or lost. It always has been and will be on the big 3.

It's unlikely that Bonner will ever be good enough to win or lose a series for the Spurs, but he definitely hasn't helped their cause in the playoffs. Did Frye or Dudley win the series for the Suns last year? They sure helped.

The Big 3 most likely will not be enough for the Spurs to win a ring again. They're going to need all they can get out of Jefferson, Neal, McDyess and Hill. And I'd bet they will need defensive help and rebounds from Splitter and Blair more than they'll need 20+ minutes of Bonner.

DesignatedT
01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
It's unlikely that Bonner will ever be good enough to win or lose a series for the Spurs, but he definitely hasn't helped their cause in the playoffs. Did Frye or Dudley win the series for the Suns last year? They sure helped.

The Big 3 most likely will not be enough for the Spurs to win a ring again. They're going to need all they can get out of Jefferson, Neal, McDyess and Hill. And I'd bet they will need defensive help and rebounds from Splitter and Blair more than they'll need 20+ minutes of Bonner.

I'm clearly aware that the bench and supporting cast need to play well. To label Bonner as a playoff choker isn't very logical either since the sample size is so small. Bonner's 3 pt shooting has the ability to win or lose games so to say he will be of no use is retarded as well... he could be just as valuable as Blair's rebounding if that shot is going down. As for Splitter....... he hasn't shown much, but his sample size is also low.

Regarding the big 3 I was talking more about them staying healthy throughout a season and playoff series. Not having 1 of them playing or healthy in a playoff series can throw mutliple players off their games since they cause so much attention and do so much for every player on the court.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm clearly aware that the bench and supporting cast need to play well. To label Bonner as a playoff choker isn't very logical either since the sample size is so small. Bonner's 3 pt shooting has the ability to win or lose games so to say he will be of no use is retarded as well... he could be just as valuable as Blair's rebounding if that shot is going down. As for Splitter....... he hasn't shown much, but his sample size is also low.

Bonner averaged 20 mpg in 2009 and shot 23% from 3 pt range off 13 attempts; he shot 37% in 2010 off 27 attempts in 17 mpg - I'd say that's not that small of a sample.

He also averaged 3pts and 3 rbs in 2009 and 5 pts and 3 rbs in 2010. For that many minutes per game, the Spurs will need much more from their bigs to be successful.

DesignatedT
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Bonner averaged 20 mpg in 2009 and shot 23% from 3 pt range off 13 attempts; he shot 37% in 2010 off 27 attempts in 17 mpg - I'd say that's not that small of a sample.

He also averaged 3pts and 3 rbs in 2009 and 5 pts and 3 rbs in 2010. For that many minutes per game, the Spurs will need much more from their bigs to be successful.

In 2009 were playing without Manu. That obviously hurts other players and helps the defense not allow open 3s that matt would get with manu in the lineup. plus, 13 attempts = very small sample size.

in 2010. 37% off 27 attempts isn't too bad....... Still a small sample size though.

I can agree that he will need to hit the boards harder, which he seems to be making more of an effort at this season.

A bad shooting playoff without Manu in the lineup in which he only shot 13 threes and shooting 37% from 3 the following year is not nearly enough to label someone as a "playoff choker" though.

slick'81
01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
bonner is not a key to anything he is what he is a role player. lets not get too excited folks

Mugen
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM

If the Big 3 are healthy, we know what we are going to get out of them come playoff time.

it's the role players that make the difference between losing a game/series.

we need guys like Neal/Bonner to really outplay the laker role players if we want a chance of getting to the finals.

I hope Neal is up to the task because Bonner has shown his worth in the playoffs.

it's just the some guys can play when the pressure is on and some guys cant. Bonner has done nothing to warrant being placed in the former.

underdawg
01-26-2011, 04:56 PM
In 2009 were playing without Manu. That obviously hurts other players and helps the defense not allow open 3s that matt would get with manu in the lineup. plus, 13 attempts = very small sample size.

in 2010. 37% off 27 attempts isn't too bad....... Still a small sample size though.

I can agree that he will need to hit the boards harder, which he seems to be making more of an effort at this season.

A bad shooting playoff without Manu in the lineup in which he only shot 13 threes and shooting 37% from 3 the following year is not nearly enough to label someone as a "playoff choker" though.

sorry, forgot to add that he was 21% in FG% in 2009 off 23 attempts, but I'm sure that was because Manu wasn't playing?

Because he lacks in so many other areas, Bonner needs to be hitting in the high 40's for 3pt % to get more than 10mpg.

NRHector
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM

well those Spurs that you are talking about are long gone, Let's wait for the playoffs and hopefully Bonner won't go David Copperfield on us again

UnWantedTheory
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Agloco
01-26-2011, 05:23 PM

Get those raspberry chocolate chips ready. Somebody is Red hot n ready for the next PollyAnna Poppers club meeting.

You then proceed to point out that .910 > .814

No shit. 33 game sample is also > 12 game sample

lol Fabbs

angelbelow
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Not surprising, our team has a whole as played exceptionally this year. Bonner is just another player that can contribute when needed. Our depth has been strong enough so that we aren't skipping a beat.

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 06:19 PM
:04 seconds short of 30 minutes is not very much playing time to affect a game.

I need an enema.

Agloco, others too?
Group enema for the PollyAnna Poppers at the next party?

Fabbs
01-26-2011, 06:21 PM
If the Big 3 are healthy, we know what we are going to get out of them come playoff time.

it's the role players that make the difference between losing a game/series.

we need guys like Neal/Bonner to really outplay the laker role players if we want a chance of getting to the finals.

I hope Neal is up to the task because Bonner has shown his worth in the playoffs.

it's just the some guys can play when the pressure is on and some guys cant. Bonner has done nothing to warrant being placed in the former.
Sound, reasonable take.

underdawg
sorry, forgot to add that he was 21% in FG% in 2009 off 23 attempts, but I'm sure that was because Manu wasn't playing?

Because he lacks in so many other areas, Bonner needs to be hitting in the high 40's for 3pt % to get more than 10mpg.

underdawg you've been sound the whole thread.

DMC
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
9-1.

Yet tonight, with a chance to really make his roster spot useful as Timmy Dunks has a hyperflexed knee, and Bonner is still on the IR.
Ironic because Bonbon was actually making somewhat of an effort to rebound in his last 10 games.
It's moot to use the record to correlate absences, or any other stats. You can say "without Pop coaching the end of the game, the Spurs are undefeated". Just silly stats that mean nothing.

jimo2305
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
As already mentioned I don't understand the Bonner dissing that goes around either.

He frustrates me sometimes but he does space the floor and force the 4 or 5 position to come out and defend his three which helps Duncan a lot.

Bonner has saved our ass plenty of times too. I have seen several games where we are trying to close a team out in the fourth and Bonner nails a pivotal triple.

lol this is what ive been saying too

Fabbs
01-30-2011, 10:51 AM
espn:
Spin: There is no word on when exactly Bonner will return, but given how the Spurs have been playing recently, they'll probably give him as much time as possible to heal.

ElNono
01-30-2011, 11:34 AM

The small amount of attempts is actually another knock, and it's all on him.
He passes up shots in the playoffs like no other. This is something that was discussed back then.

itzsoweezee
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
He's a nice role player, nothing more. I'd say the fourth best big on the roster.

But he's hardly the offensive centerpiece some of the idiots on this forum claim him to be.

K-State Spur
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
But he's hardly the offensive centerpiece some of the idiots on this forum claim him to be.

Who has ever claimed that?

The debate is almost always whether or not he is worthy of a rotation spot - not whether he is a franchise player.

SequSpur
01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
bonner sucks.

Fabbs
02-08-2011, 08:33 PM
13-2

DesignatedT
02-08-2011, 08:43 PM
30-6

silverblk mystix
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
...well Pop said that he just doesn't give out minutes...so I am sure we will see Splitter play BEFORE Bonner tonight....

oh wait...

awktalk
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
...well Pop said that he just doesn't give out minutes...so I am sure we will see Splitter play BEFORE Bonner tonight....

oh wait...

Ahhhhhhahahahahhahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

Matt Bonner rules your world.

DesignatedT
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Bonner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter

200 miles
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Bonner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter

Splitter? Fuck Splitter.

Bonner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Duncan :drunk

EricB
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
:lol another loss oh wait....

Mugen
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
can't believe we survived without our "2nd Best Big"

Thank god hes back.

Fabbs
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
:lol another loss oh wait....
we pulled it out in the 4th against the 2011 Detroit Pistons!!
2009 Cleveland Cavs Champions!!.....oh wait.
2007 Dallas Mavs Champions!!.....oh wait.

G-Dawgg
02-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Matty's pretty sick.... 10pts in 13 mins first game back. Wow

100%duncan
02-09-2011, 06:48 AM
...I just want Bonner to heal properly...

no need to rush back...

take another 10-25 games off to be sure...

just thinkin' of the red rockets health, really...

even pop wasn't sure what happened to bonner and man 10-25 games? He's already taking too long imho. As to the OP yeah the stats are true but bonner helps alot when he's on fire. Playoff bonner is still very questionable but this year is full of surprises so maybe he's gonna change.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
even pop wasn't sure what happened to bonner and man 10-25 games? He's already taking too long imho. As to the OP yeah the stats are true but bonner helps alot when he's on fire. Playoff bonner is still very questionable but this year is full of surprises so maybe he's gonna change.

yeah ..ok...I'll hold my breath....

Cry Havoc
02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
we pulled it out in the 4th against the 2011 Detroit Pistons!!
2009 Cleveland Cavs Champions!!.....oh wait.
2007 Dallas Mavs Champions!!.....oh wait.

:lmao

Fabbs with another thread devoid of basketball knowledge, as per usual.

cheguevara
02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Fabbs is just another illogical troll. LOL ppl getting trolled by his antics.

He is same as that HarlemHo troll in the NBA forum. Illogical and just trying to troll. Come on ppl.

I would not be surprised if it's the same person with these 2 trolls.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Also, obligatory:

http://www.tonguetiedandtwisted.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/fsm_pirates.png

Fabbs
02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
http://oligoclonal.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/20091009163519ralph_wiggum.png
My hurt butts.

cheguevara
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
yup HarlemHo M.O. to the fullest. I rest my case.

these trolls were separated at birth

Fabbs
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd ask Fabbs how to be a one profile man, but I'm fraidy cat.

Am I the Weasle Welcher?

cheguevara
02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Me and my honey at the Poppers conference:

(atual Fabbs picture)
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3653/398494766ythuefph.jpg

DesignatedT
02-09-2011, 12:50 PM

Cry Havoc
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM

nkdlunch
02-09-2011, 01:13 PM

looks like Fabbs' gal likes sandwiches more than Bonner

ChumpDumper
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Seems slow to update the record....

Solid D
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
30-5 (.857) with Matt Bonner through 2/8/2011.

13-3 (.813) without Matt Bonner through 2/8/2011.

hater
02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Fabbs getting served like his gf at Denny's

Solid D
02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Matt Bonner in the 5 losses he played in: 10-29 FG% (.345) and 4-16 3-PT% (.250)

Matt Bonner in the 30 wins he played in: 85-164 FG% (.518) and 58-107 3-PT% (.542)

Matt Bonner in the 35 total games he played in: 95-194 FG% (.490) and 62-123 3-PT% (.504)

Muser
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Matt Bonner in the 5 losses he played in: 10-29 FG% (.345) and 4-16 3-PT% (.250)

Matt Bonner in the 30 wins he played in: 85-164 FG% (.518) and 58-107 3-PT% (.542)

Matt Bonner in the 35 total games he played in: 95-194 FG% (.490) and 62-123 3-PT% (.504)

God damn the rocket has been a beast this season. .504 on 123 shots is insane.

Solid D
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
FWIW, 3 of the 5 losses Matt Bonner played in were on the 2nd game of b2b games.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Solid D showing why he has that gold medal next to his name. :tu And just wrecking Fabbs. :lmao

anakha
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
That must have hurt. Hope lube was used.

Fabbs
02-12-2011, 07:47 PM
FWIW, 3 of the 5 losses Matt Bonner played in were on the 2nd game of b2b games.
When we really need him to come thru you mean? Vs being up by 20 points on non-b2b or better yet playoff games (when the series has not been decided).

Hardly all on Bonbon the Philly loss. OTOH, Bonbon in 18 minutes doing 1 made shot (hey 1 for 1) with a beastly 2 rebounds and his usual lock down D. Aka what playoff opponents of past have said, "just give the ball to whomever Bonner is guarding".

Okay tonight is another b2b vs Wizards with Splitter down.
It's again an op for Bonner to come thru.

2-1 since the return.
.666, the number of the beast. :rollin

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Why do people hate Bonner so much? Did he drown some puppies or something??

Fabbs
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Why do people hate Bonner so much? Did he drown some puppies or something??
Watch some playoff games 2008 09 10 when the Duncan window still very much was alive.

Some of us have wanted to see the Spurs return to Championship form and stop the pussyball-favoritizmball that FinleyPopperBonner have forced upon us the past 3 years.

I actually like what has come down this year up until now. Popper has used Bonbon in good situations, and has not done so to the detriment of FAR more deserving players ie BlairDog and Splitter (altho the Splitter benching has been annoying, lets cut Poppycock some slack as he may be aware of Splitts tendency to reinjure and was simply following good counsel from medical staff perhaps).

barbacoataco
02-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I think most agree that Bonner can be effective if used in the right situations. Whether he will come through in the playoffs this year remains to be seen.

The Spurs playoff chances depend on Bonner, Neal, Hill and Jefferson continuing to make 3's. They need someone to be hot, like Jaren Jackson was in 1999 or Stephen Jackson in 2003 and hit 3's when it matters. I could see Neal being the guy who steps up. He seems to be pretty calm under pressure.

jjktkk
02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Fabbs is just happy the Spurs are winning despite their horrible coach. :lol

Fabbs
02-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Fabbs is just happy the Spurs are winning despite their horrible coach. :lol
schtickk you are spot on. :toast

I get a kick out of the Bonbon injury because it forced Poppy to use others. :rollin

jjktkk
02-13-2011, 01:59 AM
schtickk you are spot on. :toast

I get a kick out of the Bonbon injury because it forced Poppy to use others. :rollin

Ever thought of emailing Pop, give em a few player personnel ideas?