PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy: "I don’t think medically I will ever be able to get back to 100%."

djohn2oo8
01-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Brandon Roy: "I don’t think medically I will ever be able to get back to 100%."

http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI

More Roy: "The doctors do feel confident that I can get back to a high level of basketball." less than 5 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/30340144552742912) via web

Giuseppe
01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
They'll never own up to it, nor would any Media bagman ever utter the question as to whether his early return to playing during the '10 playoffs after knee surgery was a death kneel to his prime.

Rummpd
01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
They'll never own up to it, nor would any Media bagman ever utter the question as to whether his early return to playing during the '10 playoffs after knee surgery was a death kneel to his prime.

Very valid point and it is shame he was a hell of a talent. That whole franchise is either unlucky with injuries or something needs to be really examined as far as how they train and take care of injuries. Probably a combination but it is damm shame for him, Oden and others up there.

lil_penny
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Spot on, cubby.

tlongII
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Nah. That had nothing to do with it. The problem is that he has no meniscus left. He wasn't going to miraculously "grow" any by not playing.

FkLA
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Nah. That had nothing to do with it. The problem is that he has no meniscus left. He wasn't going to miraculously "grow" any by not playing.

why dont they do a meniscus transplant?

sean elliott got a kidney transplant when he didnt have any left tbh

BlackSwordsMan
01-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Now if only we can get kobe to admit he'll never be 100% again and he won't see as much of an asshole.
tee,hee

DPG21920
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Sucks. RIP Roy.

cd98
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Blazers loving Roy destroying his trade value.

djohn2oo8
01-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Blazers loving Roy destroying his trade value.

Blazers fucked themselves by giving him that outrageous contract

JamStone
01-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Charlotte should trade Gerald Wallace for Roy. Now Jordan can actually watch Roy play as a Bobcat like he should have been when Jordan had his Larry Bird man crush on Adam Morrison. Then Roy can resurrect his career in Phoenix in his late 30s.

Bito Corleone
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
There is something wrong with Portland's medical staff. Players that get injured in Portland are never the same after. They either come back from injury too soon, or have other injuries that stem from improper rehab.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
There is something wrong with Portland's medical staff. Players that get injured in Portland are never the same after. They either come back from injury too soon, or have other injuries that stem from improper rehab.
2? Who else other than Roy + Oden?

DMC
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
So much for a Blazers' threepeat.

ChuckD
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM

It's their front office/scouting staff. Roy, Oden, and Bayless all had red flags on their knee(s) that should have caused them to drop in the draft, but Portland gambled and picked them in their talent spot instead of in their talent/health spot. Each one of them has had knee surgery since joining the league, and Roy and Oden have had multiples. Bayless is 22, Oden just turned 23, and Roy is 26. Signing off on selecting THAT many draft picks of questionable health is just reckless.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
At least he realizes it now..Roy is still skilled enough that he can develop a niche as a good bench player/role player in the NBA, with the ability to occasionally have big games..

Indazone
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Portland is the Houston Rockets West or vice versa.

We got an injured All-Star center they got an All-Star wannabe injured center. We had an All-Star guard with knee problems they got an All-Star guard with knee problems...cept we traded ours away. Portland's record sucks and our record sucks. Twins!

cheguevara
01-27-2011, 11:30 AM
he could still be serviceble.

I mean we have a corpse by the name of Derek Fisher getting starter minutes in this league.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Portland is the Houston Rockets West or vice versa.

We got an injured All-Star center they got an All-Star wannabe injured center. We had an All-Star guard with knee problems they got an All-Star guard with knee problems...cept we traded ours away. Portland's record sucks and our record sucks. Twins!

Portland has had it worse than we did. It simply came down to Yao being too big, and McGrady not staying in shape. Portland on the other hand have been eternally cursed by the basketball gods since Bowie, to the jailblazers, to Oden. You can't tell me they didn't have it worse when Joel slipped in the shower and hurt himself

sefant77
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Blazers and Rockets were dumb as fuck.

Blazers to give Roy this contract and the Rockets to stick so long with McGrady instead of trading him to the Pistons.

djohn2oo8
01-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Blazers and Rockets were dumb as fuck.

Blazers to give Roy this contract and the Rockets to stick so long with McGrady instead of trading him to the Pistons.

And drafting Yao

Indazone
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
We would be better if we hadn't traded Landry, the heart and soul of the Rockets, to the Sacramento Kings for no defense Kevin Martin.

lefty
01-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Can Tlong sue his ancestors for settling in Oregon ?

The Reckoning
01-27-2011, 01:08 PM
only person thats going to allow him to get back to 100% is himself. its a shame that he's throwing in the towel like that.

ElNono
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
I have little sympathy for this guy. He wanted McMillan gone, he bitched about not getting enough touches, now he's already quitting... karma is a bitch Roy.

ALVAREZ6
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
only person thats going to allow him to get back to 100% is himself. its a shame that he's throwing in the towel like that.
I think he's just being medically realistic. I don't think he'll ever get back to 100%, much like Oden or Yao.

PDXSpursFan
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
If he can get back to 75%, he's probably still better than half of the players playing his position.

Libri
01-27-2011, 02:03 PM
At least he realizes it now..Roy is still skilled enough that he can develop a niche as a good bench player/role player in the NBA, with the ability to occasionally have big games..

I don't think he has given up being a starter/star player.