PDA

View Full Version : Can we bust the zone tonight?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I really think that's what we're going to be seeing tonight all game, from what I've seen, read in the press.

So what do you guys think? It's going to be Brent Barry/Bruce Bowen/Manu from the arc, if we're going to win.

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 05:23 PM
I really think that's what we're going to be seeing tonight all game, from what I've seen, read in the press.

So what do you guys think? It's going to be Brent Barry/Bruce Bowen/Manu from the arc, if we're going to win.

I seriously doubt that Phoenix is going to play a slow down pack it in game. It is not their nature...they might try it, but they will revert back to their game sooner or later.

I think we have the shooters to break the zone anyway.

sa_butta
05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
we have too many shooters
Barry
Manu
Horry
Grob
Parker
Bowen
All capable of having a good three point shooting day.
If we can break the zone early, the Suns are toast.
I think we still try to attack the basket, draw fouls, let
Manu and Parker break some ankles and kick out if they have to.

whottt
05-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Phoenix isn't any better at playing zone than they are regular D...it's not like that zone they ran for a bit in game 3 stopped Manu or Tony from penetrating anyway...The Spurs themselves slowed the game down...and Timmy always puts up a lot of TO's with mulitple defenders on him...Zone D or not.

The Bottom line is that the Suns aren't a good defensive team...no matter what type of D they are trying to play...Their zone is just as weak and ineffective as any other D they play.