PDA

View Full Version : ESPN poll...what 2 guard would you want?

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Poll on ESPN Radio.

Results:

If you were a GM starting a team, what 2 guard would you want?

1. Lebron James? 62%

2. D. Wade? 33%

3. Kobe? 5%

I would want James over Wade by a mile. Shaq makes any 2 guard he plays with better. In fact so does any great center/PF(TD).

Take Damon Jones and Eddie Jones for example. They are both benefiting from Shaq. Eddie goes from a perineal playoff choker to being one of the best playoff performers this year. Damon Jones, he has played on what, 9 different teams, and all of the sudden he can shoot? He goes from being a 40% shooter to a 46% shooter.

Look at Steve Smith. He goes from being a career 36% 3 pt shooter to leading the league with 47%, the first year he plays with Tim Duncan.

Put Lebron with Shaq or TD, and he would be even better than he is now, and so much better than Wade, who is benefiting from playing witha great center, a luxury that Lebron does not have.

Who would you guys want to start a team with, if you were a GM?

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 05:42 PM
My question, what idiots picked Kobe?

I guess LakerGod voted 1000 times.

:)

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 06:07 PM
My question, what idiots picked Kobe?

:)

You are contradicting yourself Jimbo. You say "Put Lebron with Shaq or TD, and he would be even better than he is now, and so much better than Wade, who is benefiting from playing witha great center, a luxury that Lebron does not have."

Well, Kobe with Shaq=3 Championships. Lebron, by himself right now--has not made the playoff's twice, despite how good he is. Wade--has elevated his game due to Shaq. How can you penalize Kobe game then, in his first year without a big man, where he missed about 6 weeks, had no coach, the second best player on the team then got injured and missed 6 weeks, ETC.

You can judge his personality, personal life all you want--But I am going to wait until next year before I judge Kobe's game on court.

E20
05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
I would pick Lebron James.

Sense
05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Wade is a better team player than lebron...

and you are not winning a championship with a 2 guard...so obviously i would pick wade..he's always been playing unselfish basketball and if you put whatever type of chemistry big man on him like shaq right now..it's deadly.

Lebron is a hype to me...he's good don't get me wrong but I don't see him winning a championship soon.