PDA

View Full Version : ok starters, but reserves??

xeneixemi
01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
gasol remplace yao...

- manu
- d williams
- duncan
- griffin
- dirk
- westbrook

doubt, tony o love..

UnWantedTheory
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I posted here.

Bruno
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Only Manu deserves to be an all star.

Paul, Bryant, Anthony, Durant, Deron Williams, Westbrook, Ginobili, Gasol, Love, Aldridge, Griffin and Dirk should be the all stars for the western conference.

007nites
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Duncan deserves a nod as well. Duncan is still a better pick over aldridge. Duncan is top ten in rebounding and blocked shots.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Just to show they're the worst homers in the NBA, the Mavs' announcers seriously think Chandler should be an AS reserve. :lmao :nope

As long as Griffin is there I don't give a shit.

ajballer4
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Just to show they're the worst homers in the NBA, the Mavs' announcers seriously think Chandler should be an AS reserve. :lmao :nope

:lol I just saw that too

Sean Cagney
01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Duncan deserves a nod as well. Duncan is still a better pick over aldridge. Duncan is top ten in rebounding and blocked shots.

Naw, Aldridge is having a better year man. Duncan should get there off name alone, but he deserves to be in that game as well. Aldridge having a great year.

timtonymanu
01-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Chuck put Garnett on his reserves list. Timmy wasn't on his list because he doesn't give Lifetime Achievement Awards, but he gives Garnett the nod? Tim and KG have been playing similar roles all season. Tim's team has a better record and he hasn't missed a game all season unlike KG yet KG deserves to get in anyway.

I don't understand that. Oh well Timmy will probably get voted in anyway.

buttsR4rebounding
01-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Paul, Bryant, Anthony, Durant, Deron Williams, Westbrook, Ginobili, Gasol, Love, Aldridge, Griffin and Dirk should be the all stars for the western conference.

Traditionally the team with the best record gets multiple all star nods. Recently Boston and Detroit both got 3 players in even though strictly from a statistical standpoint others were having better seasons. I am certain the Spurs will have at least 2 if not 3 players on the team. Although, I kind of hope Tony does not get in. I think his personality would cause him to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the season because of it and ultimately be beneficial to the team.

Em-City
01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Aldridge, Griffin and Monta need to make it.... ellis is having a better season than any of the other guards

rmt
01-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Chuck put Garnett on his reserves list. Timmy wasn't on his list because he doesn't give Lifetime Achievement Awards, but he gives Garnett the nod? Tim and KG have been playing similar roles all season. Tim's team has a better record and he hasn't missed a game all season unlike KG yet KG deserves to get in anyway.

I don't understand that. Oh well Timmy will probably get voted in anyway.

Barkley says that he picked 4 BOS players because of Boston's record yet he has only Manu from the Spurs which has the best record in the league. I think Stern will replace Yao with Duncan.

Although, I kind of hope Tony does not get in. I think his personality would cause him to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the season because of it and ultimately be beneficial to the team.

He does play hard when he feels slighted or against players like Kidd.

crc21209
01-28-2011, 12:28 AM
I could see the Big 3 of Timmy, Tony, and Manu making it, but I doubt it. I think Manu and Timmy will get voted in. So we're looking at Paul, Bryant, Anthony, Durant, Deron Williams, Westbrook, Ginobili, Timmy, Gasol, Aldridge, Griffin and Dirk.

TD 21
01-28-2011, 12:34 AM

All three deserve to be and if they had done the same thing they'd done but were on the Celtics or Lakers, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Inevitably, now that it's in the coaches hands, Duncan will be viewed as a center, because that's what he is at this stage of his career. Looking at West centers, only Gasol is more deserving.

I fully expect Parker to get snubbed.

As for Griffin, I'm a fan like most, but based on how the standards for this have always been, he has no business being selected. Previous standards shouldn't just be thrown out the window because he's exciting and likable. The last rookie to be selected by coaches is Duncan, who at the time was in the midst of spearheading the biggest one season turnaround in league history.

I'll say these seven are selected (not including Gasol, because we all know he'll be named a starter) . . .

F- Aldridge, Griffin, Nowitzki, C- Duncan, G- Ginobili, Westbrook, Williams

All but Aldridge and Griffin are locks. West could get in over either.

That's who I think will be selected. As far as who I think should be, I'd go with six of the seven, but replace Griffin with Parker.

Em-City
01-28-2011, 12:37 AM
elllis over westbrook!!

UnWantedTheory
01-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Oh, how I do love these AS threads. I like em', I love em', I want some more of em'.

tuncaboylu
01-28-2011, 05:02 AM
Is it really important?

I don't think that Manu, Parker and Duncan caring too much to be All-Star. They became several times, they all focus on team success instead of personnel stats, they don't have to be labelled as All-star while their contract extension time arrives. They don't care, and also we shouldn't. I'm not watching ASG since 3 or 4 years.

WalterBenitez
01-28-2011, 07:34 AM
If POP were the only one voting, I think we would say, nahhhh our guys need rest.

Sausage
01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I'll take 39-7 everytime if it meant no All-Stars.

romain.star
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
OK: Manu and TD

KO: Parker

Oh and 38/7 >>>> ASG

Bito Corleone
01-28-2011, 01:44 PM
If the 05-06 Pistons desrved 4 all-stars this Spurs team deserves 3

Lady M
01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Aldridge, Griffin and Monta need to make it.... ellis is having a better season than any of the other guards

griffin and Ellis are losers
we can see them when they win some games

Spurs da champs
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Griffin is good and he should make it, Monta is just a wanna be A.I he's fucking bad.

wontstartdumbthreads
01-28-2011, 05:35 PM

They were also just talking about this on the ticket and putting Chandler as one of the top 3 big men in the West.

duncan228
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM
These should be your All-Star Game reserves (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/28/these-should-be-your-all-star-game-reserves/)
Kurt Helin

The fans have spoken — the 10 NBA All-Star Game starters (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/nba-all-star-game-starters-named-fans-got-9-out-of-10-right/) have been chosen. And as we said before, good on ya. The fans did well this time around.

The way this works is the fans pick the five starters, then the coaches (or more likely an assistant coach, or the video guy, or the team PR guy) pick the next seven. Then David Stern gets one last pick, because he is David Stern.

We’re not sure who the coaches will pick, but here’s who they should pick. Or at least who would be on our ballot if we were a coach (or an assistant coach, or the video guy, or the team PR guy).

Eastern Conference:

Al Horford (Atlanta Hawks, center): Dude is blowing up this season and nobody noticed. He’s still scoring (16.3 per game) but doing it with the best shooting percentage of his career (57 percent). His rebounding is still strong, but his assist percentage is way up while his turnovers are way down. Horford is another guy who exemplifies why the ballot needs to be changed.

Chris Bosh (Miami Heat, forward): Averaging 18.2 points and 8.6 rebounds, and if you don’t think he’s key for Miami you haven’t watched the last couple games with him out.

Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics, forward): The anchor of the best team in the East so far. He is moving like the old KG this season, and that should scare teams come the playoffs.

Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics, forward): Scoring 19 points a game to lead the Celtics and shooting a better-than-Ray Allen 51.4 percent. This isn’t really even a question, unless you are Josh Smith‘s mom.

Ray Allen (Boston Celtics, guard): Bill Walton was doing the Boston broadcast (http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/01/28/a-small-collection-of-bill-walton-phrases/) of last night’s game and said this of Allen’s jumper: “Flawless … like Yosemite Falls coming right through the rim.” Couldn’t have said it better ourselves.

Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics, guard): I can’t wait to see him throw an ally-oop to LeBron in transition. Maybe the best passing point guard in the game, and he’s improved his game enough to be here easily.

And yes, four Celtics get in (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/winderman-will-coaches-pick-four-celtics-for-eastern-all-star-reserves/).

Carlos Boozer (Chicago Bulls, forward): He’s only played 27 games since returning from a hand injury, and he’s missed games since… and he’s still the best player in the East for the final spot. You can make a case for Joe Johnson or Josh Smith out of Atlanta, there’s a buzz for Raymond Felton. I would not be livid with any of those. But for the guy who has been the best when he played, it’s Boozer for me.

As tough as that last pick was, it’s nothing like choosing the reserves for the…

Western Conference:

Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers, forward): He probably should have been chosen over Carmelo Anthony by the fans, but Gasol should get to start anyway when Gregg Popovich names him to step in for Yao Ming. Gasol still the most fundamentally sound big in the game.

Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks, forward): This is another gimmee — until his injury he was in the running for league MVP. Plus, we need someone in this game to shoot a lot of contested long two pointers… wait, forgot we already had ‘Melo.

Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves, forward): The best rebounder in the game. Nifty footwork that gets him good looks. The game should be about rewarding excellence and Love has been that this season, even if it took Kurt Rambis a while to realize it.

Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers, forward): Tough call with LaMarcus Aldridge, Lamar Odom and David West all being very deserving. At the end of the day the All-Star game is an exhibition, and while I might pick West first for a playoff game I’ll take Griffin first in this setting.

Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs, guard): The best player and leading scorer on the best team in the league. Another must from the coaches.

Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder, guard): If the Thunder are a better team this season, Westbrook is the reason why. He has taken a leap forward.

Deron Williams (Utah Jazz, guard): He is the Utah Jazz, and the Jazz are pretty good (well, except for the past couple weeks, but we’ll overlook that for these purposes). Debate if he is the best or third best PG in the game, but he is certainly an All-Star.

Yao Ming’s replacement (David Stern will fill this roster spot): Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs, center, er, forward): Yes he’s older, the scoring and offense now flow through Ginobili and Parker. Yes, Tyson Chandler is a legitimate consideration here. Duncan still anchors the defense, rebounds and gets key buckets for the league’s best team. He has earned the spot.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/28/these-should-be-your-all-star-game-reserves/

Dex
01-28-2011, 09:05 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/28/these-should-be-your-all-star-game-reserves/

That seems about right to me.

duncan228
01-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Some Coach quotes on voting.

"I don’t think there’s any formula for it,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “I think that everything should be considered. I think it’s natural for a player on a team with a better record to probably get the attention first. But it does not preclude a player who has been outstanding on a team with a lesser record from being considered.

“I think it’s a subjective thing. It depends what people think, how much they respect and value what a specific player has done.”

“There are going to be a lot of hard votes, hard decisions,” Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said.

"The thing I’ll tell you, to be very frank, is that the coaches’ vote is always tipped heavily toward winning,” Carlisle said. “I’m no different than the rest of the coaches. I think that’s a major factor in the votes.”

“People talk about the record of the team,” Houston coach Rick Adelman said. “What this kid (Griffin) has done, what Love has done, night after night, that’s pretty special. ... I’ve looked at it. It’s going to be very interesting.”

Does All-Star Game have room for losers? (http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/jan/28/does-all-star-game-have-room-for-losers/)
By Jon Krawczynski

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/jan/28/does-all-star-game-have-room-for-losers/

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Reserve Judgment: Stein's All-Star Picks

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Want to be an NBA coach?

Or at least make All-Star picks just like an NBA coach does?

You came to the right place.

You can just use the same formula employed in our annual compilation of All-Star reserve selections, which have been made by adhering to the same guidelines sent to the league's 30 coaches in an e-mail that went out Friday morning.

Head coaches are asked to vote for seven players in their respective conferences -- albeit none of their own players -- by Tuesday at 3 p.m.

Each ballot must include two forwards, two guards, one center and two wild cards -- with those picks ranked from one to seven to give each vote a point value for tiebreaking purposes -- but the coaches are also encouraged to ignore the listings on the actual All-Star ballot if they feel a player can play multiple positions. The goal there, obviously, is to get as many of the sport's biggest names into the game as possible, as opposed to, say, forcing the selection of a backup center who might not have unquestioned All-Star credentials.

The starters in the West, as announced Thursday night, are Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant and Denver's Carmelo Anthony at forward, Houston's injured Yao Ming at center and New Orleans' Chris Paul and Los Angeles' Kobe Bryant at guard.

The East's starters are Miami's LeBron James and New York's Amare Stoudemire at forward, Orlando's Dwight Howard at center and Miami's Dwyane Wade and Chicago's Derrick Rose at guard.

Using the instructions outlined above, here's how ESPN.com's benches would look:

Western Conference reserves

Forwards: Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas), Kevin Love (Minnesota)

If Carmelo Anthony wasn't voted in by the fans, I'm not totally sold that he'd make the West roster, even when he's rebounding the ball better than he ever has (8.0 rpg) and still scoring at an elite clip (23.6 ppg) in the face of the trade drama that has polluted the Rocky Mountain air since late September. That's how deep the talent pool is on this side of the conference divide.

There is zero hesitation, furthermore, when it comes to the following claim: Nowitzki should and would be starting over Anthony at West forward if the coaches had any control there. Dirk was shooting a ridiculous 54.5 percent from the floor and playing MVP ball before a knee sprain that wound up costing him nine games ... and the time away might have actually made a bigger impression on observers leaguewide who have grown somewhat numb to the German's greatness because the Mavs were so unwatchable without him.

Yet nothing about this process is harder than settling on two more forwards to fill out the West's roster, with as many worthy names in circulation as I can ever remember. Trust us: That point will be slammed home once you get to the full list of Westerners we're snubbing here.

So how does Love snag the spot opposite Nowitzki when the menu is overflowing with choices? The Mavs' Rick Carlisle publicly acknowledged this week that "the coaches' vote is always tipped heavily toward winning" -- and I know I've annoyed plenty of readers over the years with my own stubborn support of the same team-success doctrine -- but I can't ignore what Love is doing in the arctic climes of Sota. He's assembling a historically special season that has convinced me that Carlisle and his peers, for once, are going to look past Minnesota's 10-35 misery.

As you've surely heard by now, Love is bidding to become the first player since Moses Malone in 1982-83 to average 20 points and 15 boards for an entire season ... except that Moses sure didn't shoot 44.7 percent on 3s while he was vacuuming in board after board. It's only a humble hunch, but something tells me Love is going to get as much or more support from the coaches as Blake Griffin, partly because rookies (fair or not) always have it tougher to score All-Star votes but also because the Wolves aren't universally mocked like most 10-35 teams would be, since they've been in so many games before their youth eventually doomed them in crunch time.

It also doesn't hurt that folks are still buzzing about the magical 30/30 game Love uncorked against New York, which is something else we haven't seen since Moses did it in the '82-83 season.

Center: Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers)

Tyson Chandler, Nene and Emeka Okafor are all having impactful seasons as legit centers in the West. But this conference is so absurdly deep that there's no way West coaches can even try to find room for one of the other 5s who appeared on the ballot with the injured Yao Ming. Not when there are so many studly West forwards who demand consideration and not when, as Professor Hollinger so thoroughly explained earlier this week, we've long since reached the stage where it's time to think in terms of "bigs" as opposed to old-school centers.

You can thus rest assured that the coaches are going to the accept the NBA's invitation to apply the sort of points-wings-bigs thinking Hollinger outlined and, as stated right in the e-mail coaches get from the league office, make their selections based on what's "most advantageous for the All-Star team."

Unfortunate as that is for the likes of Chandler -- who didn't even appear on the ballot but is from Los Angeles and has a case to make his All-Star breakthrough in his hometown after helping Dallas forge its most credible defensive identity of the Mark Cuban era -- Gasol looms as the obvious choice to be voted in as the backup 5-man. Given how much the champs relied on him to play center early in the season while waiting for Andrew Bynum's return from offseason knee surgery and how much they still ask him to play there when Phil Jackson wants max mobility, Gasol getting the West's backup spot would only be appropriate.

Despite a so-so December based on the Spaniard's high standards, Gasol has given the Lakers plenty of his typical reliability and versatility, contributing 18.6 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.9 blocks while averaging 37.3 minutes and missing zero games so far.

Guards: Manu Ginobili (San Antonio), Deron Williams (Utah)

Reinforcing the long-held notion that the Spurs are at their most dangerous when their crafty Argentine lefty is healthy, Ginobili has been the best player on the league's best team through the season's opening half. Which makes him an automatic.

D-Will, meanwhile, has carried one of the biggest loads in basketball and remains as individually dangerous as ever, despite being stripped of pick-and-roll partner Carlos Boozer and surrounded by new guys. The way he's coped without Boozer and all the changes in Utah puts him just ahead of Russell Westbrook in our backcourt pecking order, since D-Will doesn't have the benefit of playing alongside anyone in Durant's zip code.

Wild cards: Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)

I'm sure some voters are going to have Westbrook ahead of Williams on the West ladder given the leap made to elite status by the Thunder's springy lead guard ... and the way Utah has been sliding this month in spite of D-Will's nightly damage. I can handle that.

What you absolutely can't do is leave Griffin off this roster.

I know it's out there, but I'm not sure anyone is really listening any more to the stuff about how rookies never make it. Or the usual deterrent about how voting for Griffin and Love means putting two youngsters from losing teams on the squad at the expense of all those snubees from more successful programs. Point blank: Griffin, like Love, is in the midst of a for-the-ages season. He's almost made you forget last season's knee injury ever happened, displayed more all-around ability with his passing and board work than anyone imagined and has rebranded the Clippers into a relevant and borderline popular operation in one half-season.

Throw in the fact he was born to play in this game with his inimitable rim-assaulting skill set and Griffin has to be just the second rookie since 1980 -- joining Tim Duncan -- to be selected by the coaches. If there's any debate, it should only be about whether Griffin belongs in Nowitzki's section, with Love dropping down into the wild cards.

(P.S.: Something tells me this season will be the last time for a long time that we have to worry about whether the coaches vote for Griffin.)

(P.P.S.: Can't lie -- It does worry me for Blake's chances whenever someone reminds me that not even LeBron James was voted onto the East squad as a rook in 2004.)

West snubs: Tim Duncan (San Antonio), Steve Nash (Phoenix), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), Zach Randolph (Memphis), Monta Ellis (Golden State), Kevin Martin (Houston), Tony Parker (San Antonio), Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers), David West (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers), Luis Scola (Houston).

You counted right. That's another dozen luminaries out West with legit All-Star credentials ... which easily could have stretched to 15 by adding Chandler, Okafor and Nene.

The mere order that they're listed in here is bound to cause arguments, but Duncan shows up first -- even ahead of our beloved Nash -- because (A) San Antonio deserves more than one All-Star more than anyone else with that 39-7 record and (B) it's widely assumed that West coaches won't be able to resist voting for Timmay in a nod to the graceful manner in which he's accepted his diminished role (13.6 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 29.4 mpg) and still holds it all together chemistry-wise in the Alamo City.

You likewise get the feeling that David Stern will make Duncan his Commissioner's Pick to replace Yao if the coaches don't pick him ... so I decided to bank on that and leave him available to Stern.

Either way? Don't think I could ever mount a passionate protest against Duncan, who has to be on the team (and will be) one way or another.

As for the rest? I feel undeniable sympathy for Aldridge and Randolph especially -- ditto for Ellis and Martin in the backcourt -- but this is what the West is even after all of last summer's free-agent defections to the East.

Flat-out loaded.

The Line's 1-7 West Order:

1. Ginobili, 2. Nowitzki 3. Williams, 4. Gasol, 5. Love, 6. Griffin, 7. Westbrook

Eastern Conference reserves

Forwards: Chris Bosh (Miami), Kevin Garnett (Boston)
No one got more heat for Miami's 9-8 start than Bosh, but you scarcely remember that now because he was such a steady Heatle during the 21-1 surge after the infamous team meeting in Dallas on Nov. 27. And you can already see how much Miami misses its only reliable big man, after just three games without Bosh thanks to an ankle injury expected to shelve him for a week or two.

Paul Pierce has likewise been an overlooked source of dependability for the injury-hit Celtics -- averaging a team-best 19.1 points on 51.4 percent shooting from the field, 42.6 percent shooting on 3s and 85.3 percent shooting from the line -- but I'm taking advantage of the invitation coaches get to ignore the positions guys play for their primary employers and shifting Pierce to guard to counter the East's well-chronicled lack of backcourt depth.

My other forward spot thus goes to Garnett, who was inching back toward his Year 1-in-Boston form before the calf injury that knocked him out for nine games. The way he's quickly hushed the doubters who said we'd never see this KG again and his usual impact as Boston's defensive anchor makes Garnett as automatic as Pierce with East coaches ... no matter what they think of his various flaps with Charlie Villanueva, Howard, etc.

Center: Al Horford (Atlanta)

This spot almost surely would have belonged to Chicago's Joakim Noah had Noah (thumb) not missed the past 21 games.

Horford, though, still might have made the East squad for the second consecutive season after landing one of the league's few contract extensions for the draft class of 2007 just before the extension deadline on Halloween and then supplanting $120 million man Joe Johnson as the most reliable Hawk.

Guards: Paul Pierce (Boston), Rajon Rondo (Boston)

Pierce, as stated, has to get a spot for the high efficiency he's maintained in the face of a heavy, heavy burden caused by the Celts' various injuries to Garnett, Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Jermaine O'Neal and Delonte West.

Rondo, though, tends to leave you with the same impression, despite those 11 games he's missed. There is undeniable frustration when you see Rondo's 47.1 percent shooting at the line -- he's made only 24 free throws in 33 games -- but he's the league leader in assists as a Stocktonesque 13-dimes-a-game guy while ranking No. 2 in steals behind MVP candidate Chris Paul.

Wild cards: Carlos Boozer (Chicago), Ray Allen (Boston)

Don't have a great argument for ruling out Noah when Boozer has missed almost as many games (18 to Noah's 21). But the Bulls are 20-7 record with their new 20-and-10 power forward in the lineup and have maintained their spot as the league's No. 1 team in defensive efficiency without Noah. Which might be all the justification we need, although Kurt Thomas' effectiveness as a fill-in is a huge factor there, too.

Our final spot, then, comes down to New York's Raymond Felton and Allen ... with the elder Ray winning out because of the consistently deadly shooting (50.5 percent from the floor, 45.3 percent on 3s, 86.5 percent from the line) that has made him as feared at 35 as he's ever been when it comes to crunch-time clutchness.

If the coaches go with Allen, too, that'll almost certainly mean that four of the East's seven reserve spots are claimed by members of the Celtics. There's an equally good chance that the coaches, as we did here, wind up choosing seven Easterners out of 12 from Boston and Miami.

Have to confess, however, that I'm more comfortable with that lopsided proposition than sending two Knicks in spite of all the November and December raves for Felton. The Knicks and their point guard have dropped off noticeably in January to make it a must to make room for Allen.

The snubs: Joakim Noah (Chicago), Raymond Felton (New York), Joe Johnson (Atlanta), Andrew Bogut (Milwaukee) and Josh Smith (Atlanta)

There are not nearly as many snubees in the East, but here are five good names.

Noah, as stated, heads this group and only lost out through injury. The exclusions of Felton (shooting 36.3 percent from the field in the Knicks' 5-9 slide), Johnson (haven't forgotten his iffy November or his ongoing 3-point woes) and our man Bogut (dragged down by Milwaukee's unexpected struggles and 41.7 percent shooting at the line) were tough but unavoidable.

And Stein Line favorite Josh Smith, like Joe Johnson, couldn't quite displace Horford to fill the East's lone opening for Hawk.

The Line's 1-7 East Order:

1. Bosh, 2. Pierce, 3. Garnett, 4. Rondo, 5. Horford, 6. Allen, 7. Boozer

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110128-30/stein-all-star-reserves

xmas1997
01-29-2011, 07:54 AM
So what happened to the team with the winningest record getting three players in?????????