01-27-2011, 10:48 PM
still better than 6-for-24 tbh

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:17 PM

You are right ...except the result ...

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Miami's Pau is on the bench with an injured ankle.

Venti Quattro
01-27-2011, 11:19 PM

Didn't grab 15 rebounds tbh

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Miami's Pau is on the bench with an injured ankle.

Has a better version of Pippen should not matter against THAT knick team.

Excuses, excuses ...

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Has a better version of Pippen should not matter against THAT knick team.

Excuses, excuses ...

Could you imagine Magic and MJ on the same team? Any Heat fan who uses Bosh's injury as an excuse should get kicked in the nuts.

dbestpro
01-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Can you imagine winning 10 games in a row, easily beating the team in first place, and still are 8 1/2 games back?

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Could you imagine Magic and MJ on the same team? Any Heat fan who uses Bosh's injury as an excuse should get kicked in the nuts.
Neither Wade nor James is comparable to either of the players you listed. Don't be absurd.

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Neither Wade nor James is comparable to either of the players you listed. Don't be absurd.

Lebron is definitely in that category.
wade is not there, but Pippen level?
yes Wade is in THAT class and some would argue better.

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Can you imagine winning 10 games in a row, easily beating the team in first place, and still are 8 1/2 games back?

Regular season champs! Congrats! How did it work for the Patriots this year?

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Now of course Lebron needs the rings. He is only an MVP award away from Magic IIRC ...

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Now of course Lebron needs the rings. He is only an MVP award away from Magic IIRC ...

His game is not even close to being as good as Magic. Magic was doing hook shots in his rookie year in the Finals. Lebron is basically driving to the basket and dunking. He will never be as good or as beloved as Magic.

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:51 PM
His game is not even close to being as good as Magic. Magic was doing hook shots in his rookie year in the Finals. Lebron is basically driving to the basket and dunking. He will never be as good or as beloved as Magic.

You mean dunks, winshare, PER adjusted plus/minus and MVP's will not = love for Lebron?

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:52 PM
You mean dunks, winshare, PER adjusted plus/minus and MVP's will not = love for Lebron?

:toast

Game 4 of the 87' Finals says it all.

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Lebron is definitely in that category.
wade is not there, but Pippen level?
yes Wade is in THAT class and some would argue better.
No fucking way Lebron is comparable to Magic or Jordan, not yet. He's got potential to be, but he's not currently. You are talking about top 10 of all time fucking players. Lebron is not one.

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Regular season champs! Congrats! How did it work for the Patriots this year?

You act like best record is a bad thing. Maybe that's why your team never goes anywhere but OKC.

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:56 PM
You have to remember that a lot of Laker fans have thrown Magic under the bus since he's been critical of them.

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:57 PM
You act like best record is a bad thing. Maybe that's why your team never goes anywhere but OKC.

It's not a bad thing at all, but it doesn't mean everything.

Oh yeah, both the Mavs and Hornets handled a healthy Spurs team in San Antonio this season.

Killakobe81
01-27-2011, 11:57 PM
No fucking way Lebron is comparable to Magic or Jordan, not yet. He's got potential to be, but he's not currently. You are talking about top 10 of all time fucking players. Lebron is not one.

Never said he WILL be one, he could suffer Greg Oden microfracture surgery and never get a ring. But if Lebron stays healthy he is on pace to be a top 10 player.

MVP's are not enough because Nash has two and people dont give him that love. But he needs a few rings and if he has at least 3 more seasons like this one or the last one he is pretty close.

I just think he has the potential to get there. I think if he wins enough and stays healthy he not only could pass Kobe and Magic but maybe MJ ...but he has to win while he is still the biigest fastest force in basketball ...

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Now a young Kobe with a young Timmy D, with their choice of role players... that's a good comparison but even then not Jordan and Magic. They would still be winning rings.

Pelicans78
01-27-2011, 11:58 PM
You have to remember that a lot of Laker fans have thrown Magic under the bus since he's been critical of them.

Most of those fans weren't even old enough to remember watching him. Arguably the 2nd best player in NBA history.

DMC
01-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Never said he WILL be one, he could suffer Greg Oden microfracture surgery and never get a ring. But if Lebron stays healthy he is on pace to be a top 10 player.

MVP's are not enough because Nash has two and people dont give him that love. But he needs a few rings and if he has at least 3 more seasons like this one or the last one he is pretty close.

I just think he has the potential to get there. I think if he wins enough and stays healthy he not only could pass Kobe and Magic but maybe MJ ...but he has to win while he is still the biigest fastest force in basketball ...
Nash will never get there because he doesn't play defense. You have to have a full game, not just be an offensive force. How many PGs other than Magic are in the top 10 all time players?

DMC
01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Most of those fans weren't even old enough to remember watching him. Arguably the 2nd best player in NBA history.

Any PG who can come out and kick ass playing center is pretty much got it sewed up.

And there are no personalities like him today. He walked into the room and smiled and he was instantly the center of attention, even as a rookie. Shaq is a great personality, but he's abrasive. Magic was just pure magic.

Killakobe81
01-28-2011, 12:00 AM

What?! Magic is my all-time favorite laker! LOL

Just saying Lebron has the potential to be in that class of player ...you can hate Lebron for being a coward, or third person egotist ...but you cant deny Lebron has all-time great talent. His game needs work but he's not old yet either.

Magic's jump shot was shitty and FT was mediocre. He worked on both to where he led the NBA in FT once and was a decent 3 point shooter later in his career. Who knows how good Lebron will become?

Pelicans78
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Now a young Kobe with a young Timmy D, with their choice of role players... that's a good comparison but even then not Jordan and Magic. They would still be winning rings.

True, but if you compare them at the same age, it might be different even though Magi had won multiple rings by 26 while MJ hadn't.

Either way, Lebron and Wade are considered two of the top 3 players in the game.

Killakobe81
01-28-2011, 12:02 AM
LOL me a supposed Lebron hater defending Lebron's potential. And a Spur fan trying to TELL me about magic's greatness.

Saw him live at the Forum a few times, I was at his retirement game where they raised his jersey ...

Only spurstalk.

DMC
01-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Sure they are, but man what a shit group we have to pick from. It's going to suck when the last few greats retire.

Pelicans78
01-28-2011, 12:05 AM
What?! Magic is my all-time favorite laker! LOL

Just saying Lebron has the potential to be in that class of player ...you can hate Lebron for being a coward, or third person egotist ...but you cant deny Lebron has all-time great talent. His game needs work but he's not old yet either.

Magic's jump shot was shitty and FT was mediocre. He worked on both to where he led the NBA in FT once and was a decent 3 point shooter later in his career. Who knows how good Lebron will become?

Lebron is the most physically gifted player in NBA history and is already very talented. But the reason he's not good in the clutch like Magic or MJ or Kobe is that his game lacks polish. Doesn't have a reliable go-to move like the guys mentioned above. He basically tries to use pure athleticism to get by and it works in the regular season. Honestly, take away that Game 5 in Detroit and his legacy would be alot worse right now.

He should already have more moves in his arsenal. But he doesn't. Hard to think he will get that much better.

Killakobe81
01-28-2011, 12:06 AM
I will say this typically I dont have a problem comparing young cats to the old generation. I think the 80's especially the mid 80's was the golden age of ball. But I dont havea problem when people compare Stockton, or Nash to Magic (even if I think it's not close) or Lebron to MJ. No one is "sacred" the best part of sports is debating who is greater ...

Pelicans78
01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
CP3 reminds me of Stockton.

Killakobe81
01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Lebron is the most physically gifted player in NBA history and is already very talented. But the reason he's not good in the clutch like Magic or MJ or Kobe is that his game lacks polish. Doesn't have a reliable go-to move like the guys mentioned above. He basically tries to use pure athleticism to get by and it works in the regular season. Honestly, take away that Game 5 in Detroit and his legacy would be alot worse right now.

He should already have more moves in his arsenal. But he doesn't. Hard to think he will get that much better.

TBH you are right. I was ready to pass the torch to him that night, I was buying the hype. But you can not take it away and he has had2 MVP's since.
But the last 2 playoffs has given me pause ...
If he doesnt at LEAST make it to the Finals i will have to start wondering about his ability to lead ...

redzero
01-28-2011, 12:35 AM

Good, good, let the butthurt flow from inside of you.

Pelicans78
01-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Good, good, let the butthurt flow from inside of you.

Don't forget it was a back-to-back for the Spurs and the Whorenets rested their starters the night before in Atlanta so it wasn't fair.

jjktkk
01-28-2011, 02:20 AM
TBH you are right. I was ready to pass the torch to him that night, I was buying the hype. But you can not take it away and he has had2 MVP's since.
But the last 2 playoffs has given me pause ...
If he doesnt at LEAST make it to the Finals i will have to start wondering about his ability to lead ...

Thats the 1 thing I question about James. Does he have the mental toughness? I personally don't think the Heat can get by Boston in the playoffs, provided Boston is healthy.