PDA

View Full Version : Coach Pop Better Be Careful Trying To Coach Kobe

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 07:10 AM
This is a wonderful opportunity for Pop to coach the best player in the world. It could be refreshing and maybe even clear up his acne..:lol

Seriously...I've been hearing some talk lately about how Pop will try and do Kobe dirty during the Allstar game by playing him too many minutes so that at he's kinda tired post Allstar game. The only thing I can say to that is that he will quickly find out that Kobe is the real coach of that team. Sure Pop is the "figure" head and I'm sure Kobe will show him respect but should he start trippin Kobe will take himself out the game whenever he feels like it.

Pop is good coach I've said this before...however, don't forget he's good by Spur standards. Kobe has more experience in big games than Pop does and he's been coached by the greatest coaches the world has ever seen in Tex Winter, Jerry West, and Phil Jackson so he's seen it all...that being the case Pop should go out of his way to ensure Kobe's comfort at the All-star game. After all he is the main reason people are buying tickets...just look at the votes...

I think that along with Kobe, Timmy is probably the only other player that could actually be a player coach.

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2011, 07:15 AM
umm doubt pop gives a shit about kome if he wants to coach the asg team...

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2011, 07:25 AM
1. I'm not sure that the ASG qualifies as a big game.

2. There's already a significant amount of mutual respect between Kobe and Pop; each has said as much, particularly when Pop had Kobe's back after everything that went down in Colorado a few years ago.

3. If Kobe wants to limit his minutes at the ASG, Pop will limit Kobe's minutes.

silverblk mystix
01-28-2011, 07:29 AM
This is a wonderful opportunity for Pop to coach the best player in the world. It could be refreshing and maybe even clear up his acne..:lol

Seriously...I've been hearing some talk lately about how Pop will try and do Kobe dirty during the Allstar game by playing him too many minutes so that at he's kinda tired post Allstar game. The only thing I can say to that is that he will quickly find out that Kobe is the real coach of that team. Sure Pop is the "figure" head and I'm sure Kobe will show him respect but should he start trippin Kobe will take himself out the game whenever he feels like it.

Pop is good coach I've said this before...however, don't forget he's good by Spur standards. Kobe has more experience in big games than Pop does and he's been coached by the greatest coaches the world has ever seen in Tex Winter, Jerry West, and Phil Jackson so he's seen it all...that being the case Pop should go out of his way to ensure Kobe's comfort at the All-star game. After all he is the main reason people are buying tickets...just look at the votes...

I think that along with Kobe, Timmy is probably the only other player that could actually be a player coach.

Thanks for RE-confirming what an unprofessional douche-bag Kobe is and what douche-bag laker fans approve of...:toast

But we all--already knew this!

Giuseppe
01-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Silv, your buddy Downtown there claims Pop backed Kobe during the Colorado bruhaha.

Explains a lot now that Pop has taken your rapist Neal to heart.

Halberto
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Am I the only person who has noticed Koolaid man go from ghetto jibberish to complete sentences?

Something is not right here.

greyforest
01-28-2011, 08:05 AM
pop couldnt care less about the all star game

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Silv, your buddy Downtown there claims Pop backed Kobe during the Colorado bruhaha.

Explains a lot now that Pop has taken your rapist Neal to heart.

:lmao:lmao

see what you can smoke out of em with a few jabs here and there...Pop may just have a few skeletons in his closet...

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
pop couldnt care less about the all star game

negative...Phil couldn't care less...:lol Pop got them boys going full blast in SA...

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Am I the only person who has noticed Koolaid man go from ghetto jibberish to complete sentences?

Something is not right here.

Kool never fits into the "normal" box that consists of your hen pecked lives...:lol

and who says it's ghetto...it could be Redneck, Cholo or Asian Chink gibberish...:lol

ambchang
01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Would be a challenge to Pop. Pop wouldn't be able to handle that much intensity in the biggest game of the year from the biggest star in basketball.

Pop is just glad Garnett is out East now.

BlackSwordsMan
01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Pop should bench kobe keep his old ass safe

lefty
01-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Timvp with yet another great troll job

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2011, 09:35 AM
:lmao:lmao

see what you can smoke out of em with a few jabs here and there...Pop may just have a few skeletons in his closet...

I don't think Pop supports rape; I think he understands the process of criminal law. Gary Neal was acquitted so life goes on. In 2003, Pop called Spurs fans ignorant for booing Kobe at a point when he had only been charged and when nothing had been proven.

In both instances, I think he's correct -- if you believe that people are innocent until proven guilty, both Neal and Bryant (who were never proven guilty of anything) deserve the benefit of that presumption. Had either been convicted, I'm sure that Pop's tune would be different.

More to the point, however, if you dispute that there's a very high degree of respect between Kobe and Pop, you just haven't been paying attention for the last decade.

cheguevara
01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
This is a wonderful opportunity for Pop to coach the best player in the world.

Good call. I'm sure he is looking forward to coaching Kevin Durant.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
More to the point, however, if you dispute that there's a very high degree of respect between Kobe and Pop, you just haven't been paying attention for the last decade.

A Laker fan not paying attention to basketball!? Now that's shocking.

Leetonidas
01-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Talking smack about the ASG :lmao :lmao :lmao

I bet you get real into the Pro Bowl too.

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Timvp with yet another great troll job

Listen I could only wish to be TimVP for just a moment...Kori Ellis would be on an eternal high if she ever got a piece of me...:lol

Bito Corleone
01-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't think Pop supports rape; I think he understands the process of criminal law. Gary Neal was acquitted so life goes on. In 2003, Pop called Spurs fans ignorant for booing Kobe at a point when he had only been charged and when nothing had been proven.

In both instances, I think he's correct -- if you believe that people are innocent until proven guilty, both Neal and Bryant (who were never proven guilty of anything) deserve the benefit of that presumption. Had either been convicted, I'm sure that Pop's tune would be different.

:tu

dunkman
01-28-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm sure Pop would have preferred to practice with the Spurs, instead of coaching the all-star game.

Giuseppe
01-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't think Pop supports rape; I think he understands the process of criminal law. Gary Neal was acquitted so life goes on.

I think Pop got skunked.

tee, hee.

Muser
01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Giuseppe

DPG21920
01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I think Pop got skunked.

tee, hee.

No way. Not you. The Extinction took away your rights. You have no right.

You are Extinct.

BlairForceDejuan
01-28-2011, 10:30 AM

lol pop doesn't give a shit. Whoever wants to play can play. I hope Duncan plays 15 seconds.

z0sa
01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Most people I know wish I would drown on my next queer river rapids expedition.

lefty
01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Listen I could only wish to be TimVP for just a moment...Kori Ellis would be on an eternal high if she ever got a piece of me...:lol
Nice cover up :lol

Giuseppe
01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Giuseppe

:toast

silverblk mystix
01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Pop won't have to do a thing...

Kobe will revert to his true nature...everyone will play at 50-70% for fun and entertainment...

but

Kobe's ego and true rapist/uneducated/douchebag nature will prevail and kobe will begin playing at 85-100% to try and grab headlines/mvp's/fan adoration,etc...

and Pop will just let kobe be himself :lmao

ElNono
01-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Pop already coached Kobe in the 2005 ASG...

cheguevara
01-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Durant will outplay Kobe, everyone knows that

JamStone
01-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Lol unless Kobe is hurt and/or it's a blowout at the end, he would play all 48 minutes of the all star game if Pop left him in the game. Kobe loves playing in these kinds of games because he gets to stroke his ego by playing harder than all the other all stars as if that makes him think he's better. It's the other best players in the world so Kobe shows up with his A game. And don't let the game be close in the final minutes, because he'll bring Mamba at that point and start chucking. Kobe wouldn't care if Pop played him the whole game. Kobe would love it, except that it would not be very good for his body at this point in his career.

JamStone
01-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Negative. It's against SpursTalk policy to give Bryant the benefit of that presumption. This is the first time I've read any Spurs fan say that.

hater
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Lol unless Kobe is hurt and/or it's a blowout at the end, he would play all 48 minutes of the all star game if Pop left him in the game. Kobe loves playing in these kinds of games because he gets to stroke his ego by playing harder than all the other all stars as if that makes him think he's better. It's the other best players in the world so Kobe shows up with his A game. And don't let the game be close in the final minutes, because he'll bring Mamba at that point and start chucking. Kobe wouldn't care if Pop played him the whole game. Kobe would love it, except that it would not be very good for his body at this point in his career.

Any player not named Tim Duncan would like to play all 48 minutes of an allstar game.

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Negative. It's against SpursTalk policy to give Bryant the benefit of that presumption. This is the first time I've read any Spurs fan say that.

Consider me unique, I guess.

Sportcamper
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Koolaid_Man- That is some great Trolling Smack…Are you really Tlong? :lmao

4>0rings
01-28-2011, 02:30 PM

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg610/scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=7elbu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM

I don't even know why people still talk about that. It has nothing to do with basketball, which is why I never comment on it or even bring it up. So perhaps the Spurs fans that do give Kobe the benefit of the doubt just stay silent because they think it's a pointless discussion that always goes nowhere?

DMC
01-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Kool never fits into the "normal" box that consists of your hen pecked lives...:lol

and who says it's ghetto...it could be Redneck, Cholo or Asian Chink gibberish...:lol

I can vouch for this: He's never been in any box, ever, since birth.

DMC
01-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Pop won't have to do a thing...

Kobe will revert to his true nature...everyone will play at 50-70% for fun and entertainment...

but

Kobe's ego and true rapist/uneducated/douchebag nature will prevail and kobe will begin playing at 85-100% to try and grab headlines/mvp's/fan adoration,etc...

and Pop will just let kobe be himself :lmao

Kobe will take 20+ shots and be competing with EL BJ for the MVP because that's hugely important. It will be the "no look" move every trip, of course no pass as well.

Leetonidas
01-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Consider me unique, I guess.

Aren't you a lawyer though? Makes sense. :lmao

YoMamaIsCallin
01-28-2011, 05:14 PM
OK this is a really stupid thread. We are talking about an all-star game. There's not any real coaching going on. It's an exhibition, it's not competitive. And even if there were coaching happening, the coach is the coach, Kobe's not going to take over that role.