PDA

View Full Version : As a reminder to those doubting us re: the playoffs...

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 01:57 PM
The Spurs record this year when back to backs are dismissed:

35-3. :hat

Number of B2Bs in the playoffs: 0.

Go, Spurs, Go.

honestfool84
01-28-2011, 02:02 PM
haha, this is an awesome stat. seriously. i can't wait for the playoffs...

:tu

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I always calls it a bullshit that there are no b2b's in the playoffs

In the playoffs the intensity lever is top notch and many times it causes an environment like in b2b reg season games

btw. another worthless thread made by U

honestfool84
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM

In the playoffs the intensity lever is top notch and many times it causes an environment like in b2b reg season games

the lack of energy is what the problem is in back to back games... not lack of intensity.

if the intensity is there, but they just can't match the energy of the other team, then they might lose.

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I <3 poland; poland and jaffers. :lol

Just looked at Hollinger's ratings. The Spurs have played the 7th toughest schedule, the Mavs being the only playoff contender to play a tougher one, and their overall rating is second only to the Lakers currently -- who have played the weakest schedule to date and a slightly inferior schedule than the Spurs in their last 25% of games played -- though they've been dominate over that stretch.

The majority of the numbers look pretty damn promising, as is usually the case when a team's 39-7, but I ain't getting cocky just yet.

Just enjoying the ride . . .

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 02:31 PM

:lmao

Yeah, regular season B2Bs in January when our team is up 5.5 games in the Conference and our starters are getting 30 minutes a game have allllllll the intensity of a Game 7.

btw. another worthless reply made by U.

Also... LOL @ the second to last thread you made: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153896
Yeah, you've got room to be telling me I make worthless threads. :lmao

Mugen
01-28-2011, 02:37 PM
this must of been a lot easier to write than those Game Thoughts, havoc!

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Hey, I've been busy. Go easy on me. :rollin :wakeup

Mugen
01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey, I've been busy. Go easy on me. :rollin :wakeup

then you gotta stop promising them right after the game :lol

i dont know how many more "ducks Game Thoughts" i can withstand before i kill myself

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 02:44 PM
then you gotta stop promising them right after the game :lol

i dont know how many more "ducks Game Thoughts" i can withstand before i kill myself

Sigh... I know. Last game I thought I'd have time to, but I ended up only listening to most of the action while I assembled my new PC. Took longer than I thought due to a mobo problem, so I didn't feel safe giving out game grades/thoughts when I had only heard what was happening.

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM

ohmwrecker
01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
The sexual tension between Przem and Havoc is palpable. It's making me uncomfortable.

Pauleta14
01-28-2011, 02:48 PM

What are you talking about??!!

Every team has more time to prepare the right game plan, match ups during PO...

The spurs would have lost many PO series, had Pop not have this time...
(ie against the Suns, Dallas...)

The spurs have won A LOT of PO series thanks to "chirugical" games plans and perfect executions by the players (need training time for that)...

I don't know if it's worthy a thread, but it's a good stats highlighted by Cry Havoc... :toast

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't know if it's worthy a thread, but it's a good stats highlighted by Cry Havoc... :toast

I thought about it, but I didn't know where else to post it, and I figured if people were surfing around on SpursTalk they can't exactly accuse me of wasting their time. :lol

Pauleta14
01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I thought about it, but I didn't know where else to post it, and I figured if people were surfing around on SpursTalk they can't exactly accuse me of wasting their time. :lol

It's fine for me, it's not like there were dozens of new threads these days...

I just didn't get why the polish guy was so agressive about that!

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Wow, who even could guess that poland will be quoted so many times in one topic.

The intensity in the playoffs causes also a thing like losing an energy.

That's the similarity I wanted to point out.

You do not have to look back a lot - 2008 playoffs.
No b2b's and preparation for the games was there. Full tank - nope

Spurs were losing mostly because they were lacking energy and because LA played with better intensity in 4th.

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
It's fine for me, it's not like there were dozens of new threads these days...

I just didn't get why the polish guy was so agressive about that!

Yea I was so aggressive that I broke keyboard and my desk. Also I went to the bathroom and kicked mirror with a Chuck Norris style.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow, who even could guess that poland will be quoted so many times in one topic.

The intensity in the playoffs causes also a thing like losing an energy.

That's the similarity I wanted to point out.

You do not have to look back a lot - 2008 playoffs.
No b2b's and preparation for the games was there. Full tank - nope

Spurs were losing mostly because they were lacking energy and because LA played with better intensity in 4th.

The Spurs were also a 3 seed that year, and had a grueling 7 game series with the Hornets before playing the Lakers, who had HCA.

I would also like to submit to you that Ime Udoka saw 24:58 of action in game 1 against LA. We lost by 4. You think we get 5 more points with Neal or Hill on the court instead of Ime?

Point being: The Spurs are so much deeper than that squad was. And not only that, but we are on pace to win 68+ games this year. So not only do we have the depth, but we also have the potential benefit of taking our foot off the gas for the last week or two of the season to rest up our starters for the playoffs. It should make a huge difference. And since the West doesn't look to be quite as deep this year with regard to elite teams, we have a realistic shot at only playing two 5 or a 5 and 6 game series to get to the WCF, provided we continue playing like we have been. When you have a team that leans on Ime Udoka for 25 minutes against the best team in the West, no amount of rest is going to make a difference.

Yea I was so aggressive that I broke keyboard and my desk. Also I went to the bathroom and kicked mirror with a Chuck Norris style.

lol u mad?

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 04:32 PM
bravo for comparing two squads !

U mad is getting old

I'm so not mad that I'm gonna fall asleep while writing this stuff.
[prob. you don't get the sarcasm right - do not bother]

Anyway
The Spurs were also a 3 seed that year, and had a grueling 7 game series with the Hornets before playing the Lakers, who had HCA
So?

Were they lacking energy?

------------------
Pop made some reg season adjustments. From the style of play to the details which he thought do not matter at all. Now it seems like they do. Andy little advantage is helpful.

Once again - a b2b can show you some weak spots in the team which might be exposed in the playoffs

jaffies
01-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I <3 poland; poland and [B]jaffers. :lol

btw...another fuckin awesome reply by you.

...how's that for sexual tension?!

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 05:54 PM
bravo for comparing two squads!

Thank you. It's significantly more analysis than you did with your post. Care to comment on how Ime Udoka was supposed to help us beat the Lakers that year?

U mad is getting old

:lol u so mad, bro

I'm so not mad that I'm gonna fall asleep while writing this stuff.
[prob. you don't get the sarcasm right - do not bother]

What's sarcasm? :wtf

Anyway
The Spurs were also a 3 seed that year, and had a grueling 7 game series with the Hornets before playing the Lakers, who had HCA
So?

Were they lacking energy?

Yes, because grinding out an entire regular season to a 3 seed, then going 7 games with a very good team like the Hornets is analogous to coasting to a #1 seed with HCA throughout in a conference that looks to be much thinner after the top 2-3 teams are taken out of it.

Damon Stoudamire, Ime Udoka, and the shells of Horry and Finley saw significant minutes on that team.

Once again - a b2b can show you some weak spots in the team which might be exposed in the playoffs

Especially when your starters aren't playing many minutes and your team isn't determined to win at all costs. Why risk hurting someone in a game we don't need to win?

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Thank you. It's significantly more analysis than you did with your post. Care to comment on how Ime Udoka was supposed to help us beat the Lakers that year?

Why should I?
It was not an issue of a topic

:lol u so mad, bro

As fuck

What's sarcasm? :wtf

Google it

Yes, because grinding out an entire regular season to a 3 seed, then going 7 games with a very good team like the Hornets is analogous to coasting to a #1 seed with HCA throughout in a conference that looks to be much thinner after the top 2-3 teams are taken out of it.

Still what's your point in it?

Damon Stoudamire, Ime Udoka, and the shells of Horry and Finley saw significant minutes on that team.

A fact

Especially when your starters aren't playing many minutes and your team isn't determined to win at all costs. Why risk hurting someone in a game we don't need to win?

No reason why

chazley
01-28-2011, 06:17 PM

My vote for stupidest post of the season.

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 06:21 PM
My vote for stupidest post of the season.

Your vote does not count

chazley
01-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Your vote does not count

Your opinion doesn't count

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 08:14 PM
btw...another fuckin awesome reply by you.

...how's that for sexual tension?!

Just makes it so much more worth it . . . :tu

ezau
01-28-2011, 09:17 PM
The Spurs were also a 3 seed that year, and had a grueling 7 game series with the Hornets before playing the Lakers, who had HCA.

I would also like to submit to you that Ime Udoka saw 24:58 of action in game 1 against LA. We lost by 4. You think we get 5 more points with Neal or Hill on the court instead of Ime?

Point being: The Spurs are so much deeper than that squad was. And not only that, but we are on pace to win 68+ games this year. So not only do we have the depth, but we also have the potential benefit of taking our foot off the gas for the last week or two of the season to rest up our starters for the playoffs. It should make a huge difference. And since the West doesn't look to be quite as deep this year with regard to elite teams, we have a realistic shot at only playing two 5 or a 5 and 6 game series to get to the WCF, provided we continue playing like we have been. When you have a team that leans on Ime Udoka for 25 minutes against the best team in the West, no amount of rest is going to make a difference.

lol u mad?

Amazing post:toast

Danny.Zhu
01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
No b2b in the Suns serie last year......

0 - 4......

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh please, you all know the Spurs are toast come playoff time. You'll be up in the think tank in no time.

Where the hell you been?

TampaDude
01-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh please, you all know the Spurs are toast come playoff time. You'll be up in the think tank in no time.

The Lakers are just a bunch of soft twinks. The Spurs will destroy them in the playoffs...IF the Lakers somehow manage to make it that far. :lol

polandprzem
01-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Your opinion doesn't count

Somehow it did

:lol

Crytek
01-29-2011, 07:19 AM
The Spurs record this year when back to backs are dismissed:

35-3. :hat

Not quite. You would have to take out the games where the opponent had a back to back, too.

Those were:

Hornets Loss
Clippers Win
Clippers Win
Philly Win
Bulls Win
Warriors Win
Grizzlies Win
Suns Win
Thunder Win
Nuggets Win
Jazz Win

So it's 25-2.
That's obviously a better Record, but please explain to BR how you lose at home to the Hornets when they are on a back-to-back.

Seventyniner
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Not quite. You would have to take out the games where the opponent had a back to back, too.

Good point. The biggest disparity in energy levels comes when one team is on a back-to-back and the other has had a day or more of rest. 25-2 on the wrong end of those circumstances is damn impressive.

polandprzem
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Good point. The biggest disparity in energy levels comes when one team is on a back-to-back and the other has had a day or more of rest. 25-2 on the wrong end of those circumstances is damn impressive.

Now it comes to play a situation when the other team has one or two days off. Or were they playing on the road or at home previous game and how much thay traveled. And how tough stacked in games schedules they had and how many minutes their best players played. And how much they can overcome (minutes to their average minutes). Also it's important if that had any injury and which players had to step up and produce in bigger amount of minutes.
Also are they in a slump or not? Have they lost the previous game and how about their chemistry at the specific time ?

Seventyniner
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Now it comes to play a situation when the other team has one or two days off. Or were they playing on the road or at home previous game and how much thay traveled. And how tough stacked in games schedules they had and how many minutes their best players played. And how much they can overcome (minutes to their average minutes). Also it's important if that had any injury and which players had to step up and produce in bigger amount of minutes.
Also are they in a slump or not? Have they lost the previous game and how about their chemistry at the specific time ?

Most of these factors disappear in the playoffs. Other than game 1, either both teams travel before a game or neither does, and each team gets the exact same amount of rest. Minute distribution will be different for both teams, though.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2011, 02:22 PM

:lol Keep backpedaling.

polandprzem
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
:lol Keep backpedaling.

You seemed to have a problem with me

Backpedaling from what? :wtf

EricB
01-29-2011, 03:11 PM
No b2b in the Suns serie last year......

0 - 4......

Yeah because this team isn't better than last years...

Blackjack
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Well, he was correct. But, yeah, this ain't the same team, even if a matchup like the one last year could still doom them -- but that same matchup doesn't exist in Phoenix with Amar'e in New York.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
You seemed to have a problem with me

Backpedaling from what? :wtf

I have a problem with you?

polandprzem
01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Precise what's your point of discussion

slayermin
01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
IIRC, the '99 Spurs won the title by playing back to backs during the playoffs. That was one incredible run by that group.