PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the most calls?

Brutalis
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I am in a discussion involving Parker and Ginobili and the guy is saying that they get more fouls called for them than any other player or combo in the league.

I am trying to confirm/deny this but google search is giving me nothing.

Any help or ideas?

Mugen
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
LeBron and Wade / Durant and Westbrook

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
After the Longoria/Barry drama

I think Tony is getting more calls

polandprzem
01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
okay - j/k

to those who is not catching my drift

Brutalis
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Guys I need links for proof.

I am scoping basketball-reference.com atm but it is only showing the most fouls called on a player, not the most fouls called for a player. That probably isn't a stat.

jimo2305
01-28-2011, 04:21 PM
brutalis try looking up free throw attempts.. that might point you in the right direction

give or take.. some of these FT's may be from technicals

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FreeTS.jsp?league=00&season=22010&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=5&splitDD=All%20Teams

Mugen
01-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Guys I need links for proof.

I am scoping basketball-reference.com atm but it is only showing the most fouls called on a player, not the most fouls called for a player. That probably isn't a stat.

wade and lebron are 2 and 3 in the FTAs per game.

Mugen
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
wade and lebron are 2 and 3 in the FTAs per game.

Durant and Westbrook are both top 10.

i dont think Manu is even in the top 25 of FTAs with the amount of 3s hes taken this year.

jimo2305
01-28-2011, 04:25 PM
wow looking at the link i psoted up earlier.. durant and westbrook are #6 and #7

Brutalis
01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/freeThrowsAttempted

Mel_13
01-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Manu gets to the line plenty, Tony doesn't.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=400&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fta_per_mp

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't think the NBA tracks a stat like fouls suffered in soccer.

82games.com keeps a stat that I don't find defined on its site, but it's labeled "foul drawing." According to that measure (whatever it defines), the pairs mentioned above "draw fouls" as follows:

Ginobili -- 83
Parker -- 72

Wade -- 182
James -- 138

Westbrook -- 138
Durant -- 120

Brutalis
01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Interesting shtuff.

Brutalis
01-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't think the NBA tracks a stat like fouls suffered in soccer.

82games.com keeps a stat that I don't find defined on its site, but it's labeled "foul drawing." According to that measure (whatever it defines), the pairs mentioned above "draw fouls" as follows:

Ginobili -- 83
Parker -- 72

Wade -- 182
James -- 138

Westbrook -- 138
Durant -- 120

Link me to that please?

jimo2305
01-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Beat me to it. I did per 48 over the last two years with players between the heights of 6-1 and 6-9 to play the guard position.

Here's the link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&per_minute_base=48&type=advanced&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=73&height_max=81&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=Y&is_hof=&pos=G&qual=&c1stat=fta_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fta_per_mp)

invalid url bj

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 05:03 PM
invalid url bj

My bad. Here's the Per 48 (http://bkref.com/tiny/jiP9b) and Per 36 (http://bkref.com/tiny/LJil9) over the last 2 years for guards between the height of 6-0 and 6-9.

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I screwed up when I was selecting the Per Game -- on my way out the door. :lol

Here's a better link showing how guards between 6-0 and 6-9 have gotten to the line on a Per Minute basis this year (http://bkref.com/tiny/SPFGi).

wontstartdumbthreads
01-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I am in a discussion involving Parker and Ginobili and the guy is saying that they get more fouls called for them than any other player or combo in the league.

I am trying to confirm/deny this but google search is giving me nothing.

Any help or ideas?

I would guess either Andre Kirilenko or possibly Josh Howard.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Tony Parker might get the fewest calls out of any top tier guard in the league. How many times per game does he drive into the lane, get hit by 2 or 3 bigs with lots of contact, and still finish an OBVIOUS and-1 with no whistle? One of the reasons Parker is my favorite player is simply because he takes so much punishment with little to no complaining, and does it game in game out, and still manages to shoot 53%.

The fact that he has only averaged 5 FTA for his career is an absolute travesty. He is one of the best penetrating guards in the league over the past 10 years. He gets into the paint at will, and finishes with amazing consistency, yet doesn't get calls.

Manu definitely gets his fair share of calls, but even he doesn't get the kind of calls that Wade, Kobe, Durant, and Dirk get, where simply touching the other player while they're shooting is enough to send them to the line. One reason I think Manu became so proficient at exaggerating contact is simply because that's the only way the refs would blow the whistle. If he stays on his feet, he gets knocked around and they look the other way.

justinandimcool
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Manu gets a shitload of calls, and Tim as well back in the day. And that's how I like it.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Manu gets a shitload of calls, and Tim as well back in the day. And that's how I like it.

You're kidding me. Duncan has been increasingly shafted by the refs over the years. I've never seen a big get slammed across the arms like him on numerous plays with the refs swallowing their whistles. I even had a friend of mine who's a Lakers fan taunt me in the playoffs a couple years back, saying that I knew there was no way we were going to get calls down the stretch if the game was close, because the refs always let other 4/5s maul Timmy.

AceProfits
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I firmly agree with your take on Duncan. He seems to not have gotten any calls since that Crawford incident. He gets slapped up quite often with no calls the last couple of years.

As far as Parker is concerned that find you guys did is amazing! I cannot believe with all the driving in the lane that he does he is not even in the top 30 in the league for FTA?! That is crazy!!! He is in the paint almost all game. WOW, what a find.

That stat is so amazing to me I haven't posted in like over a year and a half and it made me post! I do however come and read the smartest community of NBA fans on a daily basis.

The reason I try to not post is I am a friends with the family of somebody in a top position with the Spurs and it might get me in trouble at certain points if I open my mouth.

Back to exile..........

justinandimcool
01-28-2011, 06:18 PM
You're kidding me. Duncan has been increasingly shafted by the refs over the years. I've never seen a big get slammed across the arms like him on numerous plays with the refs swallowing their whistles. I even had a friend of mine who's a Lakers fan taunt me in the playoffs a couple years back, saying that I knew there was no way we were going to get calls down the stretch if the game was close, because the refs always let other 4/5s maul Timmy.

I did say back in the day. But even since then, since around 07 Tim is to a lesser extent still favored with a lot of stuff absolutely no other big would be awarded or get away with. It doesn't happen every game but it's there, and I love it. Some refs like Crawford hate him like the above said, but most refs respect him for the most part.

Pauleta14
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM

:lol

to the OP:

We saw last game against Utah that Manu is far from getting easy and1s...

And Tony still hasn't learn how to draw a foul...:bang
He should/could get tons of calls the way he penetrates... scary

Anyway, your friend just probably don't like the spurs very much, nothing more...

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I firmly agree with your take on Duncan. He seems to not have gotten any calls since that Crawford incident. He gets slapped up quite often with no calls the last couple of years.

As far as Parker is concerned that find you guys did is amazing! I cannot believe with all the driving in the lane that he does he is not even in the top 30 in the league for FTA?! That is crazy!!! He is in the paint almost all game. WOW, what a find.

That stat is so amazing to me I haven't posted in like over a year and a half and it made me post! I do however come and read the smartest community of NBA fans on a daily basis.

The reason I try to not post is I am a friends with the family of somebody in a top position with the Spurs and it might get me in trouble at certain points if I open my mouth.

Back to exile..........

Whether it was my link or not, I'm gonna take credit just because, well, it's how I roll. But post more whether I'm correct or not -- just don't let anyone know your username. ;)

Bingo

with Bryant/Fisher third

Ginobili ranks 9th, Hill ranks 25th and Parker ranks 41st among guards when it comes to getting to the line on a per minute basis.

Derek Fisher doesn't show up in the top-100 (http://bkref.com/tiny/9NTgg) . . .

UnWantedTheory
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
LOL at thinking I mentioned Bryant/Fisher because of Fisher. He's basically irrelevant but he does get unfair charges called in his favor and a few defensive fouls.
Good cover.......

Blackjack
01-28-2011, 10:45 PM
LOL at thinking I mentioned Bryant/Fisher because of Fisher. He's basically irrelevant but he does get unfair charges called in his favor and a few defensive fouls.

Oh, gotcha. ... Cool, I get it.

Yeah, Kobe's ranked 4th, Fisher's not in the top-100 and the 5 spots better Kobe is than Ginobili (9th) makes up for the fact that George Hill is in the top-25 and Parker is in the top-41.

Makes sense. :tu

ducks
01-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Manu

Blackjack
01-29-2011, 01:29 AM
That stat doesn't account for the offensive foul calls and other various calls that the Lakers get in their favor consistently. (Not to mention the travels and other shit Kobe gets away with on a consistent basis).

George Hill is a bench player, so you shouldn't be even posting that shit. It's about starting backcourts, dumbass.

Is Tony a bench player?

wildbill2u
01-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Manu gets to the line plenty, Tony doesn't.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=400&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fta_per_mp

It has always amazed me that Tony gets most of his points driving into the lane among all the bigs and gets so few FTs per layup attempt.

For that to happen he has to be the most amazing contortionist in the world since he must have the ability to curl his body away from the defending bigs.

Fabbs
01-29-2011, 11:59 AM
That stat doesn't account for the offensive foul calls and other various calls that the Lakers get in their favor consistently. (Not to mention the travels and other shit Kobe gets away with on a consistent basis).

George Hill is a bench player, so you shouldn't be even posting that shit. It's about starting backcourts, dumbass.
:toast
DumbTwunt BlackJack trying to defend how many calls Derrick Swisher-Kobme combined get. :rolleyes

Seventyniner
01-29-2011, 12:14 PM

Tony still doesn't get any calls...but he gets a lot of texts!

:rimshot:

Blackjack
01-29-2011, 02:14 PM
:toast
DumbTwunt BlackJack trying to defend how many calls Derrick Swisher-Kobme combined get. :rolleyes

Hey Fabulous, you mind telling me where I did that? :toast