PDA

View Full Version : A Closer Look: The Legends of The Fall

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Kobe's Triumphant march through history...I will keep this updated... Elvin Hayes and Moses Malone next...hey Luva welcome back Nigga...:toast

FYI - you can see Kobe's almost in the top tier...I had to be generous just to get Timmy's face on this page he was so far down the dam list...:lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Misc/updated_top30-1.jpg

Rummpd
01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Congrats to Kobe who has done this in about 1060 games and with a high scoring pace of 25.7 also in the top tier of NBA greats - which I have to give him credit for but he also definetely benefited by coming out to the NBA and missing college and he picked up some 4500 points in that period looking at his stats from NBA.com

However, with James (16000 + points and a 27.7 PPG average in only 590 games so far) and others who have taken at most 1 year of college a lot of scoring records will be falling including career totals and one will have to compare eras etc. to get more valid measures than simple career stats. We will have to see at the end of the day how many points, career ave and the number of titles/finals MVPs (which to me are just as important as MVPs or more than regular season MVPs unless in same season person won both) Kobe won sans Shaq to really judge his greatness and rankings.

What is really amazing is the points both Jordan and Chamberlain put up in careers with the same number of games about as Kobe has so far and both of those dominant players had 30.1 per game scoring averages.

Props to Kobe he is legitametely one of the all time scorers in any era and a legit member of the top echelon of NBA stars as he is worst the 2nd best at his position of all time.

Giuseppe
01-28-2011, 11:55 PM
4 years when he should have been in college - 4500 points or so, and he is about back there with Duncan and much classier and more educated person.

Only an asshole woulda gone to college instead of turning pro like Bryant did.

Never, ever, ever give it away for free. Ever.

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 12:12 AM
One thing Duncan will never have to put on his resume or try to hide is settling a civil suit for rape or putting himself in that kind of position. When one talks class Duncan >>>> Bryant in all regards' and is also the greatest ever at his position which as of now, Bryant still a wannabee.

That being said Kobe deserves lots of props as an undeniable all time great on the court see my last post but as a man or person he has left a lot to be desired even though he seems to have finally matured somewhat.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Perhaps Duncan wouldn't, but, your Neal raped just like our Kobe.

Yorae
01-29-2011, 12:20 AM
They rapedperiod.

BRHornet45
01-29-2011, 12:20 AM
and son Kobe has the worst shooting percentage BY FAR out of everyone pictured other than Iverson .... the dude has been given the green light his entire career to chuck up whatever the hell he wants and yea it has resulted in a lot of points, but also an absolutely pathetic shooting percentage. (.455% for a supposed "all time great" is nothing to be proud of)

Ditty
01-29-2011, 12:21 AM
and son Kobe has the worst shooting percentage BY FAR out of everyone pictured other than Iverson .... the dude has been given the green light his entire career to chuck up whatever the hell he wants and yea it has resulted in a lot of points, but also an absolutely pathetic shooting percentage. (.455% for a supposed "all time great" is nothing to be proud of)

+1

overrated scorer

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Duncan is a turd. He's the P. Manning of basketball. Stayed in college 4 years hoping to win an NCAA title and came up short, just like on his b2b attempts. What a waste of career...:lmao

If I'm not mistaken Kobe scored more points in high school than Duncan did in college...

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Neal was acquited after equally if not more nebulous charges than Bryant from a plastered "lady" who pressed charges days after the incident; as he did not have the money to buy off a trial like Mr. 6 for 24.

Kobe settled for an undisclosed amount to avoid a civil trial; after screwing around at the least on his pregnant bride, but and then just as infamously bought her off with the gaudiest babble ever.

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM

Who pimps a superbowl ring in a basketball forum...:lol

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Neal was acquited after equally if not more nebulous charges than Bryant from a plastered "lady" who pressed charges days after the incident; as he did not have the money to buy off a trial like Mr. 6 for 24.

Kobe settled for an undisclosed amount to avoid a civil trial; after screwing around at the least on his pregnant bride, but and then just as infamously bought her off with the gaudiest babble ever.

Neal raped, just like Kobe.

BRHornet45
01-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Who pimps a superbowl ring in a basketball forum...:lol

son how's that NFL team in L.A. working out? ... oh yea

(even though I know you don't live anywhere near L.A. and you're just a typical Laker bandwagon jumper)

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Duncan at this point remains the 3rd leading shot blocker of all time in the NCAA and was dominant his last few year winning all kinds of awards after hardly even playing bball until late in high school as he was a championship swimmer but why let the facts stand in the way of spurious arguements? Meanwhile Bryant was a scrub for a couple of years despite all the hype he had entering the NBA - oh that right he was a mid level draft choice that if he had gone to the Hornets would still be sitting without a single title as his luck has been to be paired with either the top center in the league in Shaq and/or could not even lead his team to the playoffs until Gasol/Bynum and Odom starting carrying his stilll over-rated star along for the ride again.

Meanwhile Duncan's led teams never miss the playoffs and have had higher playoff and regular season winning percentage totals and with 3 finals MVPs and 2 regular season MVPs and NBA records for first team NBA and all defensive NBA entering the league + his acclaim as the greatest PF ever + his much classier demeanor and lifestyle why the hell root for Mr. 6 for 24 anyway???? Plus Kobe will never have a signature shot like Duncan's bank, Hakeems shake and back, Jordan's fall back jumper or sky dunks that led to Space Jam fame, or Kareem's sky hook, or Shaq's bull like charges. Bottom line - he is simply NOT that memorable or having your kid's emulate and will be looked back at the end of the day as merely at the 2nd best at his position behind the much better Jordan until one day another shooter/scorer with a better shooting percentage and better proven leadership skills comes along.

Kobe will finish most likely the 2nd best current scorer, just like his second best all time scoring game, just like his standing etched in stone as the second best (at best) at his position, just like his 3 titles as the second best on his team, just like he copies Jordan in all his mannerisms, and in the end he will have to settlle for being at best seond best -just like his 2nd best by SI (the classiest sports mag going) as the player of the decade (i.e. losing out appropriately to Duncan) cannot take the place for having a TNT fan vote or other such rubbish take the place by those who know Kobe at best is 2nd best.

Why again root therefore for Kobe so?

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2011, 12:39 AM
son how's that NFL team in L.A. working out? ... oh yea

(even though I know you don't live anywhere near L.A. and you're just a typical Laker bandwagon jumper)

the reality is you don't know shit and especially where I live.:lol

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 12:40 AM
When it was:::

Duncan: 4

Kobe: 3

That was enough.

Well, it's enough now:::

Kobe: 5

BRHornet45
01-29-2011, 12:43 AM
the reality is you don't know shit and especially where I live.:lol

and son that's because we both know the truth ;)

you don't have ANY legit ties to the city of Los Angeles OR Southern California .... you just shamelessly hopped on the Laker bandwagon despite living nowhere near the area. pathetic

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2011, 12:46 AM
and son that's because we both know the truth ;)

you don't have ANY legit ties to the city of Los Angeles OR Southern California .... you just shamelessly hopped on the Laker bandwagon despite living nowhere near the area. pathetic

if that helps float your boat or finds your lost remote...:lol

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Keep drinking that koolaid and love that 2nd best in Kobe all you want - that is all he will ever be at his position vs. Jordan, and more importantly, in life compared to Duncan.

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 12:55 AM
By the way on the night Kobe tries to go out and score the LAL about to lose to the friggin Kings at home - what a fail!

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 01:11 AM
compared to Duncan.

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 01:21 AM

Could change this year! Dumb repetitive arguement anyway as Duncan was the main man on all this titles. Is Horry >> Kobe just cause he has 7?

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Could change this year!

Until it does:::

ElNono
01-29-2011, 01:42 AM
A slight change to the thread title would actually describe this thread pretty well:

The Legend of the Fail

unforeseen
01-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Horry: 7

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 09:48 AM
^Makes me nary a difference. I'm after:::