PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe Play The Bulls in the Finals To 1 Up MJ

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2011, 11:06 PM
I've been debating this back and forth...what would make a more compelling case for Kobe's legacy...

Lakers vs Bulls:

If he played the Bulls and won a title on MJ's court... or in his city to tie MJ... and Phil went out winning in Chicago this would be epic and would be a direct slap in the face of MJ...I like the idea...this would turn all MJ's lovers straight...:lol

Lakers vs Celtics:

Shaq vs Kobe would be an epic draw...the final battle of wills so to speak...so far since being apart it's Kobe 2 and Shaq 1...this shows who was more valuable during the 1st 3 peat years...A Ratings Windfall for the League...Kobe vs Shaq, KG, Allen, and Pierce...basically David vs, Goliath...

Lakers vs Heat :

This might be the highest ratings in NBA history...people would pay prime dollar to see Kobe slay Miami's Medusa looking trio...

I'm torn because while I'd love to embarrass Lebron and Wade...my gut tells me it's Boston we need to beat 1 more time to prove dominance once and for all...

either way Lakers vs somebody...:lol

redzero
01-28-2011, 11:17 PM
How would that be a smack to MJ? The dude hasn't played for the Bulls in 13 years.

ElNono
01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Not to mention MJ can bitchslap Kobe 10 ways till Sunday:

- 6x Finals MVP
- 5x League MVP
- 10x NBA scoring title
- Rookie of the Year
- All-Rookie 1st team
- Never lost an NBA Finals
- Never missed the playoffs in his prime
- Didn't coattail big man to any rings
- Didn't quit on a series-clinching game
- Didn't snitch

Punchy
01-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Prime or not, you miss the playoffs, you miss the playoffs.
Never played with a good big man.
He sold Pippen out and got his father killed for his gambling debts.

Because he didn't need to. He's not big man dependent like 6-24.

ElNono
01-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Prime or not, you miss the playoffs, you miss the playoffs.

Well, it's yet to be seen if Kobe decides to go back to some shitty team to try to keep on catching up to Mike once he's done.

That said, MJ simply didn't miss the playoffs in his prime. Unlike Kobe, he didn't need to tank to get a big man to ride coattails.

Never played with a good big man.

Didn't need to, a testament how good Mike was. And he was playing against teams with dominant bigs like Malone or Hakeem.

You know what happened when Kobe didn't have one:
- Missed playoffs (IOW: tanked to get Bynum)
- Quit on his teammates
- 'Roge' video throwing teammate under the bus
- Trade demand

Didn't snitch though.

Giuseppe
01-28-2011, 11:39 PM

That's it, and that's all.

Jacob1983
01-29-2011, 01:36 AM
What about OKC Thunder and Milwaukee Bucks? That would be awesome. That would be a Finals I would watch. Stern would be so pissed about it.