PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another thing Poop has been totally Right about:

poop
01-29-2011, 02:23 AM
last few years people here had been listing him as THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY of the team, as the ONE THING WE MUST AQUIRE, claiming him as Crucial to our future success, saying things like 'wait till Splitter comes' and 'can Splitter be the next great Big we build around', etc etc etc......

so far he has been exactly what i always said he would be...the great white hope, a flat-footed, slow, unathletic mediocre White euro center.

so far i have been exactly right and the others have been tragically wrong.

:hat

awktalk
01-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Bump. Best thread of the year. I am having trouble formulating an intelligent response to such deep analytics.... DEVELOPING

jestersmash
01-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Only he's better than most people give him credit for. He's got great knowledge in terms of floor position and he moves his feet well in the post.

He's worthless on the "easier" things after that - he doesn't dribble the ball well, he can't finish around the rim at all, he obviously has no semblance of a mid range jump shot, and he's terrible free throw shooter so his relatively often trips to the line (he's pretty solid at drawing shooting fouls) are too often for naught. These are things that are easier to "practice up" and improve on. Given his propensity to draw fouls around the rim, his first priority ought to be improving his stroke from the free throw line.

spurs10
01-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Tragically?

Brutalis
01-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Bump. Best thread of the year. I am having trouble formulating an intelligent response to such deep analytics.... DEVELOPING

Still processing?

ChumpDumper
01-29-2011, 02:49 AM
lol

Ross Parrot
01-29-2011, 02:52 AM
A softer Oberto tbqh.

awktalk
01-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Still processing?

After a Zen yoga session and many minutes contemplating the OP words, I have decided we should trade Splitter. Get RC on the phone ASAP. thxkthx

Dex
01-29-2011, 03:12 AM
As much as I hate to say it...

So far, Splitter has been nothing but Mahinmi with more playing time.

Let us hope that the second season rule is taking its toll.

Ross Parrot
01-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Don't even compare Splitter to Mahinmi. The dude was nothing more than a younger, injury-prone version of Francisco Elson. :lol

awktalk
As much as I hate to say it...

So far, Splitter has been nothing but Mahinmi with more playing time.

Let us hope that the second season rule is taking its toll.

RC is so scared to repeat a Scola that he's going to overpay a Splitter for 3 years and then let him be a free agent scrub. That's his destiny, we should get some value for him now.

poop

hahahaha still have no response.

the Saviour has had half a season to prove *anything*..

so far hes a young, 6-11 260lb paperweight who has yet to show he can even be a 3rd string nba center :rolleyes

poop
01-29-2011, 03:19 AM
truth is, Pops Mensah-Bonsu showed more promise/put up bigger numbers in less minutes than this guy has yet.

jjktkk
01-29-2011, 03:21 AM
I was expecting more out of Splitter. Overhyped, but next year I expect to see a much improved Splitter.

Ross Parrot
01-29-2011, 03:26 AM
http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/images/large/lg_5225.jpg

poop
01-29-2011, 03:26 AM
he looks lost, and despite being young has no athleticism to speak of as well as nothing special fundamentally.

its clear already he has nothing to offer the nba other than a warm big body.

poop
01-29-2011, 03:27 AM
http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/images/large/lg_5225.jpg

nice counter argument.

Ross Parrot
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
I was going to write "Tiago Splitter" in bold under that pic but then I got lazy :hat

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2011, 03:49 AM
trade his ass to the knicks for wilson chandler and try and pry nene from the nuggets in a 3 way deal...makes sense to me

BOHOLANO#21
01-29-2011, 10:27 AM
last few years people here had been listing him as THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY of the team, as the ONE THING WE MUST AQUIRE, claiming him as Crucial to our future success, saying things like 'wait till Splitter comes' and 'can Splitter be the next great Big we build around', etc etc etc......

so far he has been exactly what i always said he would be...the great white hope, a flat-footed, slow, unathletic mediocre White euro center.

so far i have been exactly right and the others have been tragically wrong.

:hat good point..now GTFO....biatch!

InK
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Thought u said Pop, when have u ever been right about anything before?

Dice
01-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Did you draw that dinosaur? It's pretty good.

ChuckD
01-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Oberto went from almost not playing to starting center in year 2. I think bigs have more adjustments to make coming from Euro ball than any of the guard/wing positions. Splitter needs to ramp up his aggression at the rim on BOTH ends of the floor. Attack the rim and finish strong instead of putting up that soft floaty shit, and attack the penetrators when he's defending the rim.

He needs to learn the little things like body bumping the shot blocker before he leaves the ground to put up a shot. It keeps them from easily getting to your shot. His shit is getting sent back to the kitchen uncooked.

redskinfan
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
poop is full of shit!

Hoops Czar
01-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Poop's on a roll!

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Wouldn't that Scola guy come in about handy now? He looks oddish in the Houston uni. Uh, uh, he was made for the Spurs uni.

You guys really bit the bogger there.

Interrohater
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Some people here have really fucking short memories, or are just stupid. How many times must it be said that most people just have a hard time in their first year here?
"Yea but Gary Neal...." So he's an exception.
People were trashing on RJ saying that his athleticism was done last year, now we see that he just needed time.
Move along now, nothing to see here.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Yet another thread where poop prematurely shoots his load and forgets that Splitter just arrived in the NBA and will be a different player next year and beyond.

:rolleyes