PDA

View Full Version : Lakers "boredom" theory will be put to test

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Starting tomorrow against the Celtics. The rest of their schedule doesn't look like its going to be a walk in the park either.

Key games bolded

Boston
Houston
SA Spurs
@NOH
@MEM
@BOS
@NYK
@ORL
@CHA
@CLE
Atlanta
LA Clippers
@OKC
@MIN
Charlotte
@SAS
@ATL
@MIA
@DAL
Orlando
Portland
Phoenix
New Orleans
Dallas
@UTAH
Denver
Utah
@GSW
@POR
Oklahoma
SA Spurs
@SAC

After losing to the Kings & Milwaukee at home and a severe beatdown from Miami on Christmas day, it looks like the defending champs are destined to have a 3rd-5th seed in the playoffs because of their remaining schedule. I won't be surprised if they finish the season with 52-55 win record, not too bad I suppose but I think that HCA will be crucial against their Eastern Conference opponent (Miami, Boston or Orlando).

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Boston-L
Houston-W
SA Spurs-W
@NOH-L
@MEM-W
@BOS-L
@NYK-W
@ORL-W
@CHA-L
@CLE-W
Atlanta-W
LA Clippers-W
@OKC-L
@MIN-W
Charlotte-W
@SAS-L
@ATL-W
@MIA-L
@DAL-L
Orlando-W
Portland-W
Phoenix-W
New Orleans-L
Dallas-W
@UTAH-L
Denver-W
Utah-W
@GSW-W
@POR-L
Oklahoma-L
SA Spurs-L
@SAC-W

19-14 Looks about right

ElNono
01-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't understand why you mark games against Charlotte or GSW as 'key games', but not against teams like Portland who, unlike the previous two, is over .500 as we speak?

Banzai
01-29-2011, 11:21 AM
in the 50 win category. I don't see them winning 60.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't understand why you mark games against Charlotte or GSW as 'key games', but not against teams like Portland who, unlike the previous two, is over .500 as we speak?

Charlotte & GSW are key games because these are some of the winnable and more easier games left for the Lakers. But LA has a poor record against the Bobcats and I believe the Warriors will play a huge spoiler in March considering they are the only team below 500 in that crucial 10 game stretch. IMO these should be two easy wins but the Lakers has a tendency to drop all three games against below 500 teams. I didn't consider the Portland game at the Staples as a key game because they have a poor record in that arena.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
That was only when Brown was in Charlotte. Now that he's gone they're collective peters won't be distended & drooling at the sight of us.

Jt.ONE
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
breaking 50 easily

55 not so sure

djohn2oo8
01-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Out of their 3 straight finals appearances, this one could possibly be the most difficult. Tbhe first unit is going to be relied on heavily, since obviously their bench sucks. Barnes probably will contribute something once he is healthy, but blake is just hilariously bad, and he isn't even in playoff form yet. At least farmar and vujacic made some big shots during the run(s). And artest is invisible out there, he just needs to become a lockdown defender, and maybe get at least 10ppg. Odom and Kobe will be the constants, but Gasol has to be fresh, and Bynum cannot continue to get dominated

LnGrrrR
01-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I voted 56-61.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Funny as it sounds, I think the Lakers will miss Farmar & Vujacic come playoff time. Vujacic is one of their more prized defender willing to annoy and get under a players skin, he gets A for effort. Farmar has been huge for them in the Houston and Denver series. Blake is the better player but he's still lost in the triangle.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Funny as it sounds, I think the Lakers will miss Farmar & Vujacic come playoff time. Vujacic is one of their more prized defender willing to annoy and get under a players skin, he gets A for effort. Farmar has been huge for them in the Houston and Denver series. Blake is the better player but he's still lost in the triangle.

Blake is NOT the better player

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Blake has a better career Assist-Turnover ratio (4:1) than Farmar (2:1)

Blake is a better Three Point shooter (39%) and FT Shooter (78%) than Farmar (36% 3FG, 68% FT shooter)

IMO, its very crucial for point guards to have a good decision making skills and to convert their FT's and 3FG's among many other things. Farmar is none of those.

Farmar though is a much more athletic player but his advantage stops there.

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Starting tomorrow against the Celtics. The rest of their schedule doesn't look like its going to be a walk in the park either.

After losing to the Kings & Milwaukee at home and a severe beatdown from Miami on Christmas day, it looks like the defending champs are destined to have a 3rd-5th seed in the playoffs because of their remaining schedule. I won't be surprised if they finish the season with 52-55 win record, not too bad I suppose but I think that HCA will be crucial against their Eastern Conference opponent (Miami, Boston or Orlando).

did I miss the memo...are the playoffs starting tomorrow...:lol

Otaku
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I can see them finish 4th (or even 5th if OKC gets things going) in the west, which would only give them HCA in the 1st round. Not an easy thing to go all the way with that.

Their schedule will be the hardest from now on.
Dallas won't have another losing stretch like they had without Dirk.
NO is finally picking up their game (10 consecutive wins).

Will be hard Laker's fans, will be hard.

ChrisRichards
01-29-2011, 09:47 PM
51 games no more, no less.

Venti Quattro
01-29-2011, 11:40 PM
57-59

LnGrrrR
01-30-2011, 02:16 AM
57-59

That sounds about right.

Cry Havoc
01-30-2011, 02:22 AM
54 wins. They have a rough schedule ahead of them.

LkrFan
01-30-2011, 05:38 AM
35 games left. I expect them to focus more as the playoffs inch closer, but still lose a few games they had no reason to lose. Including the Boston game, I'm saying they will go 28-7 the rest of the way.

61-21. Doesn't matter though. We lost a chunk of games going into last year's playoff in route to #16. :lol

Jacob1983
01-31-2011, 03:24 AM
If the Lakers keep playing like they are right now, I would see them winning around 53 to 55 games. However, if they get their act together, I could see them winning maybe 60 games. Laker fans, your team needs homecourt advantage if they want to win the championship. Kobe has always had the homecourt advantage in the Finals when his team won the championship.

greyforest
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
52-56 wins

Rummpd
01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
58-60 games - The LAL are still a very strong team and will go on a run at some point after the All Star game.

manufan10
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
55-60 games, imo