PDA

View Full Version : What would have happened if he had played for Spurs

WalterBenitez
01-29-2011, 10:28 PM
You know that guy in #4 red jersey :depressed

What would have happened if he were with us?

1. We would had another ring?
2. We would not have lost in first round?
3. Would be the same?
4. Whottt and other posters would be very annoying?
5. FInley wouldn't used #4?

ajballer4
01-29-2011, 10:34 PM
lol

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Yep, you screwed up on that one.

Definitely The Skunker wouldn't be a reality.

ha, ha.

DPG21920
01-29-2011, 10:38 PM

ha, ha.

Just like your happiness tonight. You hoped against all hope since the Lakers let ya's down. But the Spurs would take no part in helping you out. Even when you got on all 4's and begged.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:39 PM
ha, ha, you don't have Louie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPG21920
01-29-2011, 10:41 PM
And you don't have happiness. I'll take it and I came out wayyyyyyyy ahead on that deal. Just like usual.

The Extinction is your reminder.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:42 PM
And you don't have happiness.

Perhaps, but, I got your goat bent over/Neal style.

DPG21920
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Extinction. You have nothing. Nothing.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Neither of have Louie though.

tee, hee.

anakha
01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
All this e-flirting is making me nauseous.

urunobili
01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
08 ring...

Martin R
01-29-2011, 10:54 PM
I think Scola is boring, but also a fucking beast.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
All this e-flirting is making me nauseous.

Maybe you smell skunk.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I think Scola is boring, but also a fucking beast.

And he's a Spur. He just is. He'd a been to Duncan what Luca Brasi was to The Godfather.

When God was passin' out brains, Pop thought he said "trains" and he missed his.

Bruno
01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Dumbass

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Dumbass

No. Pop was just reckless & negligent.

Spurs Brazil
Good question, never see a thread about it before

BlairForceDejuan
Battier was made to be a Spur :(

anakha
01-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Maybe you smell skunk.

Could be all that... excitement... you've got building up, too.

greyforest
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
we drafted goran dragic too

ChumpDumper
01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
None of these lame threads would be started.

DMC
01-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Jesus fucking christ, I get asked to chill because I post an injury thread but this dipshit says the same fucking line a million times a day and he's free as the breeze. Maybe I should have said I was a Laker's fan, then I would be held in high regard.

Or not.

Scola would not have taken us any further than we are. His salary is too high.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Jesus fucking christ, I get asked to chill because I post an injury thread but this dipshit says the same fucking line a million times a day and he's free as the breeze. Maybe I should have said I was a Laker's fan, then I would be held in high regard.

Or not.

Scola would not have taken us any further than we are. His salary is too high.

:lol

DMC
01-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Oh, and I have a neat function that I use, because I was advised to by another poster here, therefore I cannot see a thing you say, only those that are quoted, but I am sure I already know what it is.

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh, and I have a neat function that I use, because I was advised to by another poster here, therefore I cannot see a thing you say, only those that are quoted, but I am sure I already know what it is.

The ignore function/last bastion of the thoroughly vanquished.

Budkin
01-30-2011, 12:02 AM
It still makes me sick every time I think about it. The guy is a fucking baller.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2011, 12:05 AM
08 ring...

Manu was hurt up though, doubt it.... If we even beat LA Boston gets us IMO in the finals.

ducks
01-30-2011, 12:09 AM
manu would only pass to scola

ducks
01-30-2011, 12:09 AM
scola misses more gimmies then any one I have every seen

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 01:18 AM
They'd have had to dump future picks and or players to keep him. Think: no Ghill, DeJuan, or likely Neal.

DaDakota
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
We may be looking to trade him to get younger......by the time our team is ready to compete he will be too old.

Something like Splitter and a first round pick might be enough to get it done.

DD

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 01:23 AM
You also don't think Scola doesn't have "what ifs" of his own? Like "What if I had taken the LLE for two years like Manu did?". He'd be getting paid now on a contender instead of a shit team.

MmP
01-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Walter, it's the big question that has been asked zillon of times and probably the highest fear of any spur.
The scar seems to be healing because of this year, let's hope if keeps on this way.

WalterBenitez
01-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Walter, it's the big question that has been asked zillon of times and probably the highest fear of any spur.
The scar seems to be healing because of this year, let's hope if keeps on this way.

:wakeup Nice answer, BTW and just to finish this thread
Could you imagine the amount of argentineans in this forum if that happened :wow

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 06:33 AM

The scar will fester though if you fail to ring in June.

As it should.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
01-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Can't believe no one said it yet. Ok, here I go...

Scola Thread!!!

Can't some people just let it go? The Spurs also drafted Goran Dragic and Leandrinho Barbosa among others.

hsxvvd
01-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Most likely either Manu or Tony wouldn't be around anymore, so #4 can stay in red.

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 07:11 AM

Scola Thread!!!

Can't some people just let it go? The Spurs also drafted Goran Dragic and Leandrinho Barbosa among others.

But, Dragic & Barbosa are a dime-a-dozen.

Scola fits you guys to an absolute -T-. He is exactly what you have needed thru these last 3 + years. He'd be to Duncan what Duncan was to Robinson upon arrival:::water carrier.

And it's only right & proper that you & Pops be held to accounts for this abysmal failure. Only a ring in June would & should silence the cacophony of derision. Otherwise, it's strictly heel & toe.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 07:39 AM
i say this is a stupid thread

with or without scola, the day we drafted him and had shit with his contract in europe...we did win 1 ring in that time frame...

Harry Callahan
01-30-2011, 08:37 AM
i say this is a stupid thread

with or without scola, the day we drafted him and had shit with his contract in europe...we did win 1 ring in that time frame...

Actually, three rings were won in the time frame (2002-2007).

Scola would be playing for another team by now anyway - The Spurs can't roll out six or seven players making $10MM per year. Like another poster said, Scola would probably precluded SA from signing either Manu or TP.

It's not like Scola's presence has vaulted the Rockets into true contention over the last four years. They have won one playoff series in that time.

It would have been nice to have him, but that die has been cast.

This front office has made the right moves waaaay more often than not. Just look at the current re-tooled roster. Hill, Blair, Neal, Anderson, and Splitter over the last three years gives the Spurs a nice group of players to work with for awhile.

Every team makes personnel mistakes, the Spurs contend right now because they make very few.

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Every team makes personnel mistakes

This is true.

& Louie was doozy.

Spursmania
01-30-2011, 09:50 AM
No. Pop was just reckless & negligent.

It wasn't Pop. It was RC Buford who pulled the trigger. Pop gave him shit about it then and I'm sure still does. I'm sure Scola wishes he was with the Spurs as well. But that's the NBA. It is what it is.

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 10:14 AM
It wasn't Pop. It was RC Buford who pulled the trigger. Pop gave him shit about it then and I'm sure still does. I'm sure Scola wishes he was with the Spurs as well. But that's the NBA. It is what it is.

Actually since it was a payroll/tax decision, Holt probably called the shot.

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Scola Thread!!!

As someone else pointed out, Dragic and Barbosa (and others like John Salmons) were never drafted to be Spurs. There are rules about trading draft picks in consecutive years, so if you want to dump a pick you talk to a team, reach agreement about future compensation, and then when it's your draft slot, they call you and tell you who to pick. You wait about 5 minutes, and then make the trade. It's a technicality, but everyone uses it, and the league doesn't seem to care.

Spursmania
01-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Actually since it was a payroll/tax decision, Holt probably called the shot.

Of course he had a big say, but if you listen to RC Buford's interview regarding the decision he talks about him telling Pop this is what he thought they should do, etc...
Made me blame Pop a lot less now, but still hurts:lol

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Mania & Chuck run nice interference for Pop, but, it's his shit sandwich. If he can take all the accolades, he can eat this.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 10:48 AM
This front office has made the right moves waaaay more often than not. Just look at the current re-tooled roster. Hill, Blair, Neal, Anderson, and Splitter over the last three years gives the Spurs a nice group of players to work with for awhile.

Every team makes personnel mistakes, the Spurs contend right now because they make very few.

biggest mistake was giving jax a shitty offer allowing him to walk to play for peanuts...

fck that shit we couldve wouldve 03/04 title and 05/06 title...jax shouldve gotten the same deal as malik rose did, fkn horseshit

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 10:50 AM
As someone else pointed out, Dragic and Barbosa (and others like John Salmons) were never drafted to be Spurs. There are rules about trading draft picks in consecutive years, so if you want to dump a pick you talk to a team, reach agreement about future compensation, and then when it's your draft slot, they call you and tell you who to pick. You wait about 5 minutes, and then make the trade. It's a technicality, but everyone uses it, and the league doesn't seem to care.

i thought salmons was a summer camp invite....

greyforest
01-31-2011, 04:31 AM
Dragic sucks

dragic fucking assraped the spurs in last year's playoffs. remember?

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2011, 05:03 AM
The Spurs ARE NOT FC Barcelona...they cannot bring in the best talent, develop it, and expect it all to stay for very long, because they have a salary cap.

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm not sure how much talent Barca develops. They just buy most of it.

Why, because they purchased Villa last summer and have been attempting to re-acquire Fabregas, another world class player who started at Barca?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Masia

Below is sortable list of La Masia alumni who have played in more than 50 professional top-tier league games, or currently play for the Barcelona first team. Only league appearances and goals are included.

Quique Álvarez
Guillermo Amor
Mikel Arteta
Sergi Barjuán
Carles Busquets
Sergio Busquets
Jordi Cruyff
Cesc Fàbregas
Albert Ferrer
Luis García
Josep Guardiola
Xavi Hernández
Andrés Iniesta
Bojan Krkić
Lionel Messi
Thiago Motta
Fernando Navarro
Gerard Piqué
Iván de la Peña
Oleguer Presas
Carles Puyol
Pepe Reina
Pedro Rodríguez
Víctor Valdés
8/11 current starters, and the coach as well.

Still believe your initial claim is true, or do you admit you were speaking entirely out of your ass?

iManu
01-31-2011, 05:24 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168216&highlight=scola+thread

tuncaboylu
01-31-2011, 06:52 AM
We wouldn't draft Blair.

And if you ask me which one I prefer, I'm happy with Blair and his 10 more year life-time then Scola.

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Why, because they purchased Villa last summer and have been attempting to re-acquire Fabregas, another world class player who started at Barca?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Masia

8/11 current starters, and the coach as well.

Still believe your initial claim is true, or do you admit you were speaking entirely out of your ass?

bump

Brutalis
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Scola thread!

They don't get deleted anymore I guess.

I used to bitch day in and out about this shit.

We would be wearing more jewelry and the Lakers would be wearing less to answer the question.

cd98
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Losing Scola was bitter. As much as I love watching Blair, he's no Scola. I don't know if it would have meant another championship (injuries to Tony and Manu were significant over the last two years), but no question we would have been very good with him on our front line.

Still, you can't get every decision right and I think we've moved on.

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Scola thread!

They don't get deleted anymore I guess.

I used to bitch day in and out about this shit.

We would be wearing more jewelry and the Lakers would be wearing less to answer the question.
While I agree with you in the other thread, I encourage you to read some of the more recent posts on the previous page as well. I don't believe we necessarily would be wearing more.

Agloco
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM

ha, ha.

Back from the Tree of Woe so quickly?

Agloco
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
You know that guy in #4 red jersey :depressed

What would have happened if he were with us?

1. We would had another ring?
2. We would not have lost in first round?
3. Would be the same?
4. Whottt and other posters would be very annoying?
5. FInley wouldn't used #4?

Zyf0YwUJcqk