PDA

View Full Version : Splintter sucks!

jermaine
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
He is runnin around lookin stupid. He has been a waist of time. I'm upset at myself cuz I thought this fool was gone be a big help. He trash, his game trash, & he lookin like tailor park trash!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
:lol

Giuseppe
01-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Luis Scola he ain't.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2011, 10:50 PM
no shit he looks lost out there on the court....

Sisk
01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
He is runnin around lookin stupid. He has been a waist of time. I'm upset at myself cuz I thought this fool was gone be a big help. He trash, his game trash, & he lookin like tailor park trash!

http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/newspics/bertha_waist_shaping.gif

itzsoweezee
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM
he played well when he was out there in the first half.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Is this news to people?

easy7
01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
He is just bored, like the Lakers...

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
I think he did OK in the 1st quarter playing with the starters. He didn't look lost and was very active

Man In Black
01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
It's not like he's hurting them negatively. At this point in time, he's a placeholder for Tim and DeJuan. It's all good as long as the Spurs win.

kuato
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Scola !!!!! Scola !!!!! , i dream about Scola and Manu playing together in the NBA.

Big P
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM
You give up on him after 40 games? lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2011, 11:04 PM
man to man defense his good down low, but sometimes he just looks lost out there

we paid 3m for this clown, and 3m for that other clown bonner both who cant play a lick of defense....damn.

if the spurs all they wanted is a big dishing out 6 hard fouls, they couldve just hired any of us for the minimum

Capt Bringdown
01-29-2011, 11:04 PM
He came in a did a good job in the 1st half when Blair got in foul trouble. His flip shots aren't pretty, but it seems there's a corp of "OMG, Splitter sucks" fanatics who hang on his every second on the court.

anakha
01-29-2011, 11:12 PM
He came in a did a good job in the 1st half when Blair got in foul trouble. His flip shots aren't pretty, but it seems there's a corp of "OMG, Splitter sucks" fanatics who hang on his every second on the court.

The abandoned Church of Bogans heretics needed a new god to follow.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
He came in a did a good job in the 1st half when Blair got in foul trouble. His flip shots aren't pretty, but it seems there's a corp of "OMG, Splitter sucks" fanatics who hang on his every second on the court.No shit.

Single issue posters crack me up -- especially for a 40-7 team.

slayermin
01-29-2011, 11:15 PM
He barely knows the defensive rotations. Give him some time.

Hoops Czar

Well, aren't you captain bringdown.

yavozerb
Luis Scola 1st year in NBA:
10 ppg, 6rpg, 25 mpg

Tiago Splitter so far in 1st year:
4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 11 mpg

:stfu

awktalk
01-29-2011, 11:16 PM

I'm not "hanging on his every second". I'm just looking for something positive. Dude's offensive game is so poor it doesn't belong in this league. And there's no quick fix to that.

DMC
01-29-2011, 11:21 PM
And what about James "can't wait til you get back" Anderson with that 3pt fiasco? We're hosed.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Luis Scola 1st year in NBA:
10 ppg, 6rpg, 25 mpg

Tiago Splitter so far in 1st year:
4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 11 mpg

:stfu

Obviously, you have no clue. It's even sad that you would sit around and compare Scola to Splitter. IMO, Splitter is averaging too many minutes.

concken
01-29-2011, 11:22 PM

These people live in the same community as "OMG, Bonner sucks" and hail from the "never satisfied" clanned

dbestpro
01-29-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not "hanging on his every second". I'm just looking for something positive. Dude's offensive game is so poor it doesn't belong in this league. And there's no quick fix to that.

Positive? Yeah, its a positive as that commercial of the old drill sergeant pretending to be a psychiatrist and throwing the tissue box at his client.

yavozerb
01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Obviously, you have no clue. It's even sad that you would sit around and compare Scola to Splitter. IMO, Splitter is averaging too many minutes.

:lol, you my friend are a dumbass...Splitter is a rookie so I was simply comparing his rookie year with scola's. Do you really think Scola was the player of today when he entered the NBA? The fact you say Splitter should not be playing really indicates who has no clue..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah, let's write him off before he's had a chance to adjust to the NBA... :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Looking for positives? He had a couple of very nice steals tonight and good 3 point play, right when we needed it, when Blair was out.

But it seems he took 4(gasp) shots and missed 3 of them. OMG, he's so utterly lost...

tdunk21
01-29-2011, 11:34 PM
he is still a rookie...

RJ was very experienced when we got him and yet he totally looked lost in each and every game in the spurs system....splitter still needs some time to get used to the NBA and spurs system....

yavozerb
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
This has actually been the perfect scenario for Splitter this season cause the team does not need to depend on his play to win games. Not worried at all about his play cause he will catch up with the speed of the game and eventually fit right in. Guess he really is the only thing to bitch about on this team so far for those who simply must find something to complain about.

spurs1990
01-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Experience and familiarity with the offense won't amount to a hill of beans because Splitter is slow and unathletic. Trade him for another big man before Feb 21 imo.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
:lol, you my friend are a dumbass...Splitter is a rookie so I was simply comparing his rookie year with scola's. Do you really think Scola was the player of today when he entered the NBA? The fact you say Splitter should not be playing really indicates who has no clue..

:rollinYou are clueless. Splitter is NOT a rookie. He's been playing professional ball since 2003. He's 26 years old and will be entering his prime next year. Scola is 10x the athlete Splitter is or ever will be. He also received quality minutes against first and second units in his rookie season while Splitter struggles in mop up duties.

Come to think of it, Yavozerb sounds kind of familiar. You were one of the few pill popping goonies hassling Pop to play Mahimni, Gist, and Hairston over the regulars. :lmao

Rummpd
01-29-2011, 11:57 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf/league/west

Well look at this by looking at the PFs in West that Splitter guy has a PER in Hollinger's system about the same as Bonner and DeMarcus Cousins and not far behind Blair and guy has a TS% of 0.545 better than a number of players above him including that guy named Scola.

Yeh give up on the guy = idiocy - this guy has serious potential to get better based on what he already demonstrated playing against some pretty stout international competition and needs only to adjust to the NBA and get some more playing time. In the interim he takes charges & is not afraid to at least man up to the bigs etc. His PER is actually higher than that of Dice's - stats of course do not tell the whole story but I believe Pop and is staff have a plan for Splitter otherwise he would not be with the Spurs and I trust in that.

awktalk
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
EXaxWbtbHSw

Sean Cagney
01-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Yeah STIFFLER is some shyt...

Interrohater
01-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Just like RJ, let's give him a year.

yavozerb
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
:rollinYou are clueless. Splitter is NOT a rookie. He's been playing professional ball since 2003. He's 26 years old and will be entering his prime next year. Scola is 10x the athlete Splitter is or ever will be. He also received quality minutes against first and second units in his rookie season while Splitter struggles in mop up duties.

Come to think of it, Yavozerb sounds kind of familiar. You were one of the few pill popping goonies hassling Pop to play Mahimni, Gist, and Hairston over the regulars. :lmao

Guess you have no idea about either player and then you try to explain to everyone about my posting and you still have no idea...:lol

Ok, lets start with scola. Since he will be 31 years old this season and this is his 4th season how old do you think he was his rookie season? Let me help you out since you may have some problems with math as well, 27. I am not and never have said he will be as good as scola but look at scola's numbers and see that he has gotten better with each year in the NBA, that in my opinion is due to him getting more familer with the NBA. I have already posted his rookie numbers and as you can see, his rookie season is about the same in ppg and rpg if you double up splitters minutes to equal scola's mpg thats season.
As far as Mahinmi and Hairston I am sure I was not on either of there bandwagons so you have once again made an ass of yourself..please stop and move on to other threads. :nope

Spursfan092120
01-30-2011, 12:07 AM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/9/98/Splinter-ooze.jpg

Hoops Czar
01-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Guess you have no idea about either player and then you try to explain to everyone about my posting and you still have no idea...:lol

Ok, lets start with scola. Since he will be 31 years old this season and this is his 4th season how old do you think he was his rookie season? Let me help you out since you may have some problems with math as well, 27. I am not and never have said he will be as good as scola but look at scola's numbers and see that he has gotten better with each year in the NBA, that in my opinion is due to him getting more familer with the NBA. I have already posted his rookie numbers and as you can see, his rookie season is about the same in ppg and rpg if you double up splitters minutes to equal scola's mpg thats season.
As far as Mahinmi and Hairston I am sure I was not on either of there bandwagons so you have once again made an ass of yourself..please stop and move on to other threads. :nope

If you can't conquer third string, you don't deserve more playing time. Scola played meaningful minutes his rookie season and still putting up solid numbers comparable to Ginobili's rookie season.

And by using your logic, Mahimni averaged 3.5 ppg in 4 minutes. He too would post Scola's numbers in his rookie season given the opportunity I suppose. Obviously, your not a very good judge of talent.

Splitter's can't create his own shot to save his life (although sometimes he gets the whistle on his half-baked hook shot), rebounding is pathetic (only 7- footer in the league that bats the ball around with one hand instead of securing it with two), and he can't block shots (its difficult when your constantly lying on your back begging the ref to bail you out). All three characteristics are key to becoming the least bit relevant at the center position. Even if he gets marginally better, he won't be a productive, reliable NBA center.

P.S. So you admit you were on the Gist bandwagon.

Cessation
01-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Next year all these doubters will be all over that Golden God shlong.

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Next year all these doubters will be all over that Golden God shlong.

Year two is usually when it clicks, if it's going to, in the Spurs system. He might deserve minutes then. He doesn't now.

8FOR!3
01-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Who ever called the guy a traffic cone was right! The guy looks like a D-3 player. Im not sure he could play big time D1 ball. He cannot rebound, has no moves, cant block a shot.....He works hard but thats it.

I have said we should have kept Ian who is much better all around than Tiago. And to think we are paying splitter twice as much as we would have had to pay Ian who is 2 years younger!

Spurs have done a poor job selecting what bigs to keep.....let Scola go for nothing, Let Ian walk, paid splitter???

Give me a break. Euroleague's higher level ball than division 1. If he can compete at a high level there he's got the potential to here.

rmt
01-30-2011, 01:19 AM
He was good in the first half with the starters. He doesn't look good when he plays garbage minutes with the bench. He just needs consistent minutes. Then he won't be overly eager and force it when he does get minutes.

awktalk
01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
He was good in the first half with the starters. He doesn't look good when he plays garbage minutes with the bench. He just needs consistent minutes. Then he won't be overly eager and force it when he does get minutes.

ST gods please capture a top-10 worst post of the year.

E-RockWill
01-30-2011, 02:00 AM
:fishing

Y'all takin' the bait!

nbaman99
01-30-2011, 03:15 AM
I guess he is the new RJ. I can just picture my self reading all the good things about Splitter come next year.

gospursgojas
01-30-2011, 03:21 AM
He sucks for now.

Hopefully he can refine his game to NBA standards. Was he playing against players 6'5 and shorter in europe? Bc it seems like when he shoots that damn hook shot he gets no elevation on his jump and on his shot. Like he expects to jump 2 inches off the ground and DROP the ball in the basket. I HONESTLY think about 1/4 of his field goal attempts have been blocked this year.

awktalk
01-30-2011, 03:27 AM
He sucks for now.

Hopefully he can refine his game to NBA standards. Was he playing against players 6'5 and shorter in europe? Bc it seems like when he shoots that damn hook shot he gets no elevation on his jump and on his shot. Like he expects to jump 2 inches off the ground and DROP the ball in the basket. I HONESTLY think about 1/4 of his field goal attempts have been blocked this year.

^^
this

he isn't playing against euro-teenagers any more

Sofaking
01-30-2011, 05:01 AM
I :lol every time ppl said he was better than Blair

tuncaboylu
01-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Note for the people who claim Splitter is not athletic:

Go out and buy a new brain to yourselves

Spurs da champs
01-30-2011, 07:17 AM
He doesn't try to block shots that's the only problem I have with him besides his poor rebounding against short players.

rascal
01-30-2011, 10:56 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf/league/west

Well look at this by looking at the PFs in West that Splitter guy has a PER in Hollinger's system about the same as Bonner and DeMarcus Cousins and not far behind Blair and guy has a TS% of 0.545 better than a number of players above him including that guy named Scola.

Yeh give up on the guy = idiocy - this guy has serious potential to get better based on what he already demonstrated playing against some pretty stout international competition and needs only to adjust to the NBA and get some more playing time. In the interim he takes charges & is not afraid to at least man up to the bigs etc. His PER is actually higher than that of Dice's - stats of course do not tell the whole story but I believe Pop and is staff have a plan for Splitter otherwise he would not be with the Spurs and I trust in that.

Another indicator how worthless PER is. Scola is 10 times the player Splitter is. And Cousins is much better than Splitter.

rascal
01-30-2011, 10:58 AM
^^
this

he isn't playing against euro-teenagers any more

He is outclassed in the NBA. he should go back to Europe where he has a chance to do something meaningful against the slower and shorter players that he was used to playing against.

He was overhyped on this board.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
i think his got more pt with the spurs in his first year then what mahinmi received in his 3 years here...

ElNono
01-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, people are gonna be real upset when they see Tiago play.
In my opinion Tiago will average 11/7 in his rookie season. Expecting anything more would be setting yourself up for dissapointment. Griffin will get much more PT than Splitter and I expect about 16/8 from griffin in his rookie season. Again, hopefully Griffin is over his knee injury cause he seems like a good kid.

:lmao

dbestpro
01-30-2011, 11:25 AM
If you can't conquer third string, you don't deserve more playing time.

That's easy for a Cav fan to say, but this is the Spurs. Players we cut would start for the Cavs let alone third string.

The Truth #6
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
He gets blocked a lot but it's very possible he will adjust his game. If Blair can adjust his game down low to be effective, and he's only 6'5", then I don't see why Splitter can't. He's never going to have the competitive fire of Scola, but he can easily still be a contributor in the NBA. Silly to give up on him now.

DPG21920
01-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Is that why guys who play and are stars over there cant cut it in the NBA for the most part. It is watered down. Not one Euro team could beat a top NCAA team in a best of 7.

Splitter is 26yrs old. So I guess you think his up side is high when this is where most players start to level peak.

He is awful.......cant rebound, no post moves, no jumper. Best we can hope for is a 18mpg back up. Ian has more upside.

Really.

rr2418
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I think the Splitter haters don't realize what's going on. Splitter might be setting a pick or the play is designed for him to go to a certain area. To "these people" it might seem like he's not doing much or doesn't know where to go or what to do. All this proves is the lack of knowledge of some of these people(Splitter haters). They know when to clap and cheer(when the Spurs make a basket), and when to boo(when the refs call a foul on the Spurs).... but that's all they know!! :lol

yavozerb
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM

:lol, ya I was definatly off on both but I am positive i am not the only one. If Tiago was getting minutes i would have no doubts he would get those numbers. Everybody knew Griffin was good but I do not think anyone expected these type of numbers from him. Thanks for posting that

howbouthemspurs
01-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Hes not being played enough.. hes awesome!

fotan2
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
he does suck so far. but lets wait for 2 more years. he might be one of the guys who continue the spurs legacy when Timmy retires.

fraga
01-30-2011, 03:50 PM
He needs to start juicing...

Cherry
01-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Rookie (calm down people) Season

Juanobili
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
this has actually been the perfect scenario for splitter this season cause the team does not need to depend on his play to win games. Not worried at all about his play cause he will catch up with the speed of the game and eventually fit right in. Guess he really is the only thing to bitch about on this team so far for those who simply must find something to complain about.

+1

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM
this is a championship roster, as for the last couple of years pop never really brought in anyone if he needed to cause he had no time to developed such players when we are in win mode for the last couple of seasons

he wanted vets or players who can come in straight away to contribute, thankfully only a handful of players lived up to expectations contributing straight away, as for splitter? not much pop can do when u can only play 2 bigs at a time and distribute the mins out...splitter will have to learn the system in practice and utilize the given time opportunity available....

there are players ahead of the pecking order so his time = scrub minutes = still the clowns dont pass him the ball when down low in position

gospursgojas
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I think the Splitter haters don't realize what's going on. Splitter might be setting a pick or the play is designed for him to go to a certain area. To "these people" it might seem like he's not doing much or doesn't know where to go or what to do. All this proves is the lack of knowledge of some of these people(Splitter haters). They know when to clap and cheer(when the Spurs make a basket), and when to boo(when the refs call a foul on the Spurs).... but that's all they know!! :lol

Maybe you're showing your ignorance in thinking setting a pick and knowing where to go on offensive is NBA quality.

Plenty of kids in middle school know how to set picks and get to a spot on offense.

Bottom line is we all (ok most of us) expected more PRODUCTION out of Tiago and he has yet to come through. Not saying he won't, it just hasn't happened yet.

ElNono
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
:lol, ya I was definatly off on both but I am positive i am not the only one. If Tiago was getting minutes i would have no doubts he would get those numbers. Everybody knew Griffin was good but I do not think anyone expected these type of numbers from him. Thanks for posting that

:lol It's all good, I screwed up as much on RJ.

I did get it right with Splitter though. I said he would need at least a season to get acclimated with the NBA, and looks spot on so far. A lot of people drank the koolaid when Pop said Tiago was ready to play. He has a long ways to go.

I fully expect the usual apologists to go to "good positional defender" before we actually see him produce at a decent rate.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Well he has improved at least.

Hoops Czar
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM

You can train a monkey to set a pick. Who the hell hates Splitter? Apparently some of us are wearing Spurs goggles.... he's wearing a Spurs uniform, therefore, he must be talented. Unless a fairy grants Splitter a new pair of hands and a set of wings, he's going to be a below average NBA center. You can't teach athleticism. Splitter may need time to adjust to the Spurs system, but his overall game isn't really going to improve other than his on the court knowledge.

Splitter

Can't shoot; has no lift on his funky looking hook shot
Has no low post game and can't create his own shot
can't rebound with his small hands
doesn't have the ability to block shots

ploto
01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Too many fans drank the Kool-aid, believing that when the Spurs traded Scola that they had drafted someone just as good and NBA ready as Scola was. Splitter was never as good as Scola and he surely was not nearly as ready to step in and contribute at the same level, despite Splitter staying in Europe 2 more years after the Spurs drafted him. Will he some day be as good as Scola- who can say for sure, but it is doubtful he will contribute much before the championship window is closed.

Hoops Czar
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Too many fans drank the Kool-aid, believing that when the Spurs traded Scola that they had drafted someone just as good and NBA ready as Scola was. Splitter was never as good as Scola and he surely was not nearly as ready to step in and contribute at the same level, despite Splitter staying in Europe 2 more years after the Spurs drafted him. Will he some day be as good as Scola- who can say for sure, but it is doubtful he will contribute much before the championship window is closed.

Actually, they felt confident they had an up and coming superstar in Mahimni.

ploto
01-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I have already posted his rookie numbers and as you can see, his rookie season is about the same in ppg and rpg if you double up splitters minutes to equal scola's mpg thats season.

This may be one of the craziest statistical manipulations I have ever seen used on ST. I am sure I can find lots of guys who look good if I double everything!

There is a reason Scola as a rookie played twice as many MPG as Splitter has, and in more games on top of that. Scola even started half the games his rookie year, and put up his numbers against NBA starters.

ElNono
01-30-2011, 07:54 PM
^^^ Exactly.

Splitter has the tools to be very good. He's physically built much better than Scola will ever be. But it's on him to have the smarts to be as good as Scola has been.

Man In Black
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Some people don't see the positives of good positional defense and the value of a pass that leads to the pass that gets the assist. I think he posts pretty well and the last few games, I've seen the perimeter players actually pass him the ball, and that's a positive. Of course he should be making more shots and grabbing rebounds and while I saw a 10 & 7 year possible, provided he got the playing time, I'm thinking that if he gives us the following, all of us Spurs fans will be happy.
I'm talking about the kind of effect that DeSagna Diop had during OT of Game 7 2006 against the Spurs and Tim. He basically pestered the whole team into a mess of bad shots and outfought Silver and Black to most rebounds. If we get that from Tiago, then we should all be fairly happy...I think. I can't speak for all of you, but as for me...I'd be cool with that.

awktalk
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
aUbaQxboWg8

gospursgojas
01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
LOL @ posters grasping at anything they can to stay positive about Tiago.

Sets good picks
Gets to correct spots on floor
Takes charges
Makes passes that lead to passes that lead to assists
Good positional defender

Just accept hes been a failure pretty much so far yet the Spurs are still 40-7.

He's a rookie and rooks USUALLY get better and the spurs are still #1 in the league. Thats about as positive about Tiago as I can get.

ElNono
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Some people don't see the positives of good positional defense and the value of a pass that leads to the pass that gets the assist. I think he posts pretty well and the last few games, I've seen the perimeter players actually pass him the ball, and that's a positive. Of course he should be making more shots and grabbing rebounds and while I saw a 10 & 7 year possible, provided he got the playing time, I'm thinking that if he gives us the following, all of us Spurs fans will be happy.
I'm talking about the kind of effect that DeSagna Diop had during OT of Game 7 2006 against the Spurs and Tim. He basically pestered the whole team into a mess of bad shots and outfought Silver and Black to most rebounds. If we get that from Tiago, then we should all be fairly happy...I think. I can't speak for all of you, but as for me...I'd be cool with that.

The DeSagna Diop's of this league only take you that far. Ask Dallas.
I don't think we're in this to flame out eventually. You want solid pieces, no one or two game gimmicks.

Blackjack
01-30-2011, 08:57 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpVQpdS9hycicRmMre3Zea-3RLUh9s6WJ0UCvLedUx2yLtZBGGdw&t=1

Sanity restored . . .

ElNono
01-30-2011, 08:57 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpVQpdS9hycicRmMre3Zea-3RLUh9s6WJ0UCvLedUx2yLtZBGGdw&t=1

Sanity restored . . .

:rollin

yavozerb
01-30-2011, 09:09 PM
This may be one of the craziest statistical manipulations I have ever seen used on ST. I am sure I can find lots of guys who look good if I double everything!

There is a reason Scola as a rookie played twice as many MPG as Splitter has, and in more games on top of that. Scola even started half the games his rookie year, and put up his numbers against NBA starters.

Do you think it is easier for a rookie big to recieve minutes with the rockets or the spurs? Its a fact that a rookie at any position receives well below the average minutes with the spurs due to pops philosophy with rooks.

yavozerb
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM

Sanity restored . . .

rr2418
01-30-2011, 09:13 PM
LOL @ posters grasping at anything they can to stay positive about Tiago.

Sets good picks
Gets to correct spots on floor
Takes charges
Makes passes that lead to passes that lead to assists
Good positional defender

Just accept hes been a failure pretty much so far yet the Spurs are still 40-7.

He's a rookie and rooks USUALLY get better and the spurs are still #1 in the league. Thats about as positive about Tiago as I can get.

LOL@ people who think they know more about Spur players than the coaching staff!!

I'm curious, what numbers did you expect Tiago to put up? Were your expectations high b/c the Spurs waited a long time for him and he was a star in the International scene?

easy7
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Pop warned that we should not expect too much from Tiago the first year. So why are some people surprised that he is not doing much now...

rr2418
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Maybe you're showing your ignorance in thinking setting a pick and knowing where to go on offensive is NBA quality.

Plenty of kids in middle school know how to set picks and get to a spot on offense.

Bottom line is we all (ok most of us) expected more PRODUCTION out of Tiago and he has yet to come through. Not saying he won't, it just hasn't happened yet.

The point that I'm making is that many people say he looks lost out there. I used "setting a pick" as an example. We aren't in the practices or in the huddle during the game (at least I'm not). So he may very well be doing what he's suppose to do. Obviously he doesn't have any plays set for him! There are people and you may be one of them, that think "Tiago Splitter star international player" should be putting up 15/10 a game.

rr2418
01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Pop warned that we should not expect too much from Tiago the first year. So why are some people surprised that he is not doing much now...

Exactly! Best post of the day!!

gospursgojas
01-30-2011, 11:05 PM
LOL@ people who think they know more about Spur players than the coaching staff!!

I'm curious, what numbers did you expect Tiago to put up? Were your expectations high b/c the Spurs waited a long time for him and he was a star in the International scene?

Honestly 8/6 and Yes.

smrattler
01-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm still hopeful he can adjust late this year. If not, I'm pretty sure he'll be much better next year, both offensively and defensively.

It would just be bad ass if he could contribute defensively THiS year in the playoffs because that's the peice I think we are missing to really have a great chance to win it all.

Avitus1
01-30-2011, 11:10 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3JVvTub9VZI/SNRSWzvmseI/AAAAAAAAAB4/FaoYSlYX6mA/s320/Splinter_thinking.JPG

ploto
01-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Its a fact that a rookie at any position receives well below the average minutes with the spurs due to pops philosophy with rooks.

Another lie to make people feel better about draft picks who do not pan out.

SequSpur
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM

OMG! Are you kidding me? Dude, take off your SA Spurs panties already and watch a fucking game....

Splitter in the game last night = spurs loss....Splitter goes out, Spurs dominate... I sat courtside last night, saw it with my own eyes...Dude is softer than Beno and has no offensive game!!!! lol....

smrattler
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
OMG! Are you kidding me? Dude, take off your SA Spurs panties already and watch a fucking game....

Splitter in the game last night = spurs loss....Splitter goes out, Spurs dominate... I sat courtside last night, saw it with my own eyes...Dude is softer than Beno and has no offensive game!!!! lol....

Soft Brazillian?

I thought you needed to be tough just to survive growing up in Brazil streets? Isn't street fighting like a national pastime there?

SequSpur
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Soft Brazillian?

I thought you needed to be tough just to survive growing up in Brazil streets? Isn't street fighting like a national pastime there?

they guy gets rejected and smiles...he runs around lollygaggin, out of positions and smiles like he is playing red rover red rover...

dude is soft.

smrattler
01-30-2011, 11:28 PM
they guy gets rejected and smiles...he runs around lollygaggin, out of positions and smiles like he is playing red rover red rover...

dude is soft.

He must have grown up in the suburbs.

Man In Black
01-31-2011, 12:12 AM
It's a matchup game and the guy gives the team another 7 foot big. I think, at times, if DeJuan channels some Wes Unseld, okay not Wes, how about some Glen Baby Davis?, then Splitter won't be needed against the tall lineups, specifically the LAL. But again, having a guy be disruptive for a series could be important. It's like Steve Kerr going off against Dallas in 03. After that 3 point barrage, you barely saw Steve unless the situation called for it. I expect the same for Splitter. It's good that Pop still has that option in his Swiss Army knife. I ain't bitching that he didn't hit the projections, why should I? The Spurs are 40-7 :)

SequSpur
01-31-2011, 12:16 AM
It's a matchup game and the guy gives the team another 7 foot big. I think, at times, if DeJuan channels some Wes Unseld, okay not Wes, how about some Glen Baby Davis?, then Splitter won't be needed against the tall lineups, specifically the LAL. But again, having a guy be disruptive for a series could be important. It's like Steve Kerr going off against Dallas in 03. After that 3 point barrage, you barely saw Steve unless the situation called for it. I expect the same for Splitter. It's good that Pop still has that option in his Swiss Army knife. I ain't bitching that he didn't hit the projections, why should I? The Spurs are 40-7 :)

spurs panties on.

the real season hasn't even started mav fan or should I say suns fan?

G-Dawgg
01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
Is that why guys who play and are stars over there cant cut it in the NBA for the most part. It is watered down. Not one Euro team could beat a top NCAA team in a best of 7.

Splitter is 26yrs old. So I guess you think his up side is high when this is where most players start to level peak.

He is awful.......cant rebound, no post moves, no jumper. Best we can hope for is a 18mpg back up. Ian has more upside.

Exactly, He's a 7 footer that doesn't play like a big-man, He plays much smaller than his hight, and he can't hit a jumper which pretty much renders him utterly useless to us.......

....oh yeah I forgot, he's got a good understanding of the pick and roll so he's supposed to be our savior...:rollin

Tigao Splatter is not good...

Man In Black
01-31-2011, 01:31 AM
spurs panties on.

the real season hasn't even started mav fan or should I say suns fan?

See...You are fucking bi-polar. DO they suck or not? With Splitter on the team, do they suck or not? Panties? What do you know about them underoo man?
Step up on a stool and learn something. Mavs and Suns suck...you should know that little person.

SequSpur
01-31-2011, 01:39 AM
See...You are fucking bi-polar. DO they suck or not? With Splitter on the team, do they suck or not? Panties? What do you know about them underoo man?
Step up on a stool and learn something. Mavs and Suns suck...you should know that little person.

Regular season...stop the premature ejaculation splitter fan...

Man In Black
01-31-2011, 01:42 AM
This is all you got Sequ? Why talk about premature ejaculation, everyone knows since you're so small that your main issue is that you can't get up! :lmao

Besides, I ain't upset that Pop has a 7 footer he can use that doesn't really hurt the team. Just being on the court makes the guy more valuable than Mahinmi ever was.

Get up!!!! Never mind, for you, the term needed is erectile dysfunction.

disciple
01-31-2011, 01:45 AM

I can't wait until Splitter shows all those busting him right now all wrong. You have to look at all the little things he does without having a real feel for the team nor the league. He is very smart in case you didn't know it. He will beef up over the summer, work on his shot, and know that he is playing a second year with the team.

DrSteffo
01-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Fans of other teams and our own negative trolls think that Splitter sucks. After all in a 40-7 you have to try and find something to bitch about and we laugh at your insecurity and take it as a compliment to the greatness of our beloved team!

Some kids might have thought Splitter is Jesus or Duncan (same thing) but I don't think you will find them here. People who know something about bball see Splitter's positives and negatives and expect him to improve (since it is what should be expected).

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 02:18 AM
All the "basketball IQ" posters (i.e ^^^) please provide examples of Splitters positives?

Since...you know something about basketball.

Man In Black
01-31-2011, 02:24 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/united-states-70-brazil-68-tiago-splitters-solid-first-impression

I'm too lazy to pinpoint when but I remember a bounce pass perfectly thrown from the FT line to Tim on the low block that led to a wide open layup that... Tim missed.

tuncaboylu
01-31-2011, 03:03 AM
When Splitter gets 10 minutes and more, his averages are 6.9 pts 4.35 rebs in 19 games.

I'm not trying to claim that he should get more PT but he shows some talent when he plays. He's a rookie in a team which has 40-7 record and 4 other capable players in his place. It's not easy to prove something in this situation.

He will be a very good role player in the following years. It's obvious that he won't be an NBA star, but he would be a legit 9-7 player in future. And the people who compares him with Mahinmi. He's better than Mahinmi, talented than him and proved himself in world wide. Mahinmi couldn't play well even in France but Splitter was a capable Euroleague player.

I don't know what you were expecting a players selected in 28th pick, but I'm happy with him.

Spursfanfromafar
01-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Splitter hating a-holes don't realise that he is playing in a team that has the best winning record in the league and are taking their time in trying to get him integrated into the system. With only garbage time to play for, it is difficult for a player like Splitter to suddenly learn the system and play to his potential here. In flashes, he has shown that he plays more than adequate defense, is mobile and good in P&R situations and gets himself into rebounding positions well. While, his offensive game is very raw, his FT play is awkward and his hands have no adhesive making rebounding a tougher challenge than is expected from him. None of the flaws there are completley un-ironable and it should happen pretty soon.

Atleast in games where he had to provide a spark or do the needful in situations that were kinda, crunch, he didn't screw up.

UnWantedTheory
01-31-2011, 04:38 AM
You may be the dumbest member of this forum.
Actually that title may just belong to you.
207 posts of the same thing. You can take simple comments & turn them into a terrible anti-Splitter exaggeration. I don't see too many people believing he is the Superman you say we all feel he is.

G-Dawgg
01-31-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm not a hater.. I'm just a realistic fan. I'm just saying it exactly how it is "Tigao Splatter sucks". If he plays better, I'll acknowlege it also. But until that happens, I'll say it again "he sucks" PERIOD. I'd much rather have Bonner on the floor tbh...

anakha
01-31-2011, 04:43 AM
lol KBP getting his post-whoring on

temujin
01-31-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm not a hater.. I'm just a realistic fan. I'm just saying it exactly how it is "Tigao Splatter sucks". If he plays better, I'll acknowlege it also. But until that happens, I'll say it again "he sucks" PERIOD. I'd much rather have Bonner on the floor tbh...

Good luck with those bricks in the PO!

temujin
01-31-2011, 05:16 AM
I guess that explains how the Lakers couldn't even beat Barca....

He can't be.
You beat all the dumbest, and not only in this forum.

temujin
01-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Thiago Splitter was the best big man in Euroleague last year, together with Nikola Pekovic.

Period.

Check what Pekovic is doing with Minnesota frigging Timberwolves.

You could throw in Bouroussis, but Bousoussis is grecian, so that makes him an authomatic loser. In fact he did lose the UEroleague final.

temujin
01-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Splitter on Baskonia was just another center. They have had better ones before him and already his replacement is better than he was. Scola on the other hand is by far, hands down the best player they ever had on that team.

There is no comparison between Splitter and Scola and never was. The Euroleague is loaded with centers that are and were much better than Splitter. The Spurs were apparently nonetheless infatuated with Splitter.

Scola, meanwhile was probably a top 15 player in the Euroleague in the decade and the Spurs said he was not even good enough to play in the NBA. I think that says it all right there about how much the Spurs European scouts suck.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sure, that's why they gave him ACB RS MVP and ACB Playoffs MVP,
in the process of detroying Barça's bigs that had just destroyed the ridiculous bigs of that patehtic greek team in the Euroleague Final.

G-Dawgg
01-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Good luck with those bricks in the PO!

He won't miss them all....I'll take a few of bonner's bricks over splitter's non existant game any day...

Until he shows me something imo splitter is just a bust to me....

BRs.Ganso
01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
When Splitter gets 10 minutes and more, his averages are 6.9 pts 4.35 rebs in 19 games.

I'm not trying to claim that he should get more PT but he shows some talent when he plays. He's a rookie in a team which has 40-7 record and 4 other capable players in his place. It's not easy to prove something in this situation.

He will be a very good role player in the following years. It's obvious that he won't be an NBA star, but he would be a legit 9-7 player in future. And the people who compares him with Mahinmi. He's better than Mahinmi, talented than him and proved himself in world wide. Mahinmi couldn't play well even in France but Splitter was a capable Euroleague player.

I don't know what you were expecting a players selected in 28th pick, but I'm happy with him.

excellent!

Scola has been for years one of, if not the best FIBA player (not Euroleague - he was never the best there), but in FIBA he has been amazing for years.

What the heck has Splitter been in FIBA? He's been the 3rd big of his own national team after Nene and Varejao and something like the 7th most important player of his own national team.

There is no comparison between these two players, there never has been either. Sean Elliott is just a huge moron that started spouting off all this crazy nonsense about how Splitter was "the best big man in Europe" (which is literally insane -if that is true then Varejao is also the best big in the NBA)........

And the gullible kool aid drinkers here all believed it. Then the fake Euro homer trolls like Mountainballer, Bruno, a couple of those Spanish homers, etc. started making up ridiculous crap here about Splitter which was a complete lie and the kool aid drinkers all bought it. None of those fake Euro homer trolls should ever be believed here and yet they are considered "legit" posters. They are the biggest trolls you could ever imagine.

If someone like myself tried to come into the forum and set the record straight on Splitter and give the truth about him, they were attacked and called liars. It's unreal that some fools here are still trying to compare Splitter to Scola.

In Euroleague, Scola was something like the level that Carlos Boozer is in the NBA, except with a worse jumper. In Euroleague, Tiago Splitter was something like the level that Jeff Foster is in the NBA, except a worse rebounder.

You got it yet? Can you grasp it yet or not? One guy in Euroleague (Scola) is like Boozer and the other one (Splitter) is like Jeff Foster and yet you keep trying to imply that they can be the same.

Jeff Foster will never be Carlos Boozer and Tiago Splitter will never be Luis Scola. That is it. Period.

my god, man, you should be prohibited talk about Splitter... for you, Splitter and ACB is a crap pack, and Scola and Greek League a paradise... its fun for read.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4933/splitterscola.jpg

here's the Jeff Foster of NBA. Obvious he wont be a Scola, but have good potential, he's just a Rookie (yes Rookie, NBA is different than FIBA).

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=AJG
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=CBY

DrSteffo
01-31-2011, 08:19 AM
All the "basketball IQ" posters (i.e ^^^) please provide examples of Splitters positives?

Since...you know something about basketball.

Learn to read what has already been written (hundreds of posts) or watch some games? It's boring and a waste of time to explain things to people who will not listen anyway. I am not saying you are stupid but most of the Splitter haters are fans of other teams, trolls, or they don't know anything about bball. All they do is use strawman arguments like "you all believed Splitter was the next Duncan" and then go on to say that Splitter is not the next Duncan...:lol

Anyway, just for you:

Splitter is a tall, mobile C who plays solid D, he is smart and works hard, excellent PnR player both on O and D, he is a good passer and is a team player.

He is not a good rebounder, never has been. He is not a "beast" that will outmuscle other post players and dunk on them. He has no jump shot and no range.

People who have watched him play for several years as a pro in Europe know this already. Some people here still need to learn this and eventually some of them will.
:flag:

temujin
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
He won't miss them all....I'll take a few of bonner's bricks over splitter's non existant game any day...

Until he shows me something imo splitter is just a bust to me....

Agree.

Splitter is an "until".
Bonner is an "already".

temujin
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Learn to read what has already been written (hundreds of posts) or watch some games? It's boring and a waste of time to explain things to people who will not listen anyway. I am not saying you are stupid but most of the Splitter haters are fans of other teams, trolls, or they don't know anything about bball. All they do is use strawman arguments like "you all believed Splitter was the next Duncan" and then go on to say that Splitter is not the next Duncan...:lol

Anyway, just for you:

Splitter is a tall, mobile C who plays solid D, he is smart and works hard, excellent PnR player both on O and D, he is a good passer and is a team player.

He is not a good rebounder, never has been. He is not a "beast" that will outmuscle other post players and dunk on them. He has no jump shot and no range.

People who have watched him play for several years as a pro in Europe know this already. Some people here still need to learn this and eventually some of them will.

This.

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Are you serious? Every Euroleague team has 7 footers genius. For the BILLIONTH time he was never even that good in Europe. It was all a bunch of bull shit. How many times do I have to explain that to some people?

Euroleague players are not shorter. Again, Splitter was never even a top 10 center in Euroleague. This board is so delusional it is literally mind boggling.

I guess that explains how the Lakers couldn't even beat Barca....

How many times does this myth have to be debunked here?

Beef up? Like that is going to help him. He has never in his career had any offensive game. His individual offense has always been zero. "Beefing up" won't fix that. All it will do is make him a worse defender against quick power forwards.

Once again, he has never in his entire career had any offensive game at all. Why do you think he is just suddenly going to develop one "pretty soon" out of nowhere? Your thesis is totally illogical.

This forum was claiming that before he got to the Spurs and bashed anyone that said otherwise.

Its funny that you are arguing with people who think Splitter sucks and also with those who think he's awesome.

And how do you know what this forum was claiming before he got to the Spurs? You have like 200 posts.

Anyway, just for you:

Those are the same examples that I have read and I have seen every game this season.

Those "positives" don't make Tiago worth anything to the Spurs really, is what Im saying.

Kool Bob Love
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
TIAGO is going to SHIT all over the haters on spurstalk come playoff time. BOOK IT!

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I hope he does.....Id be wrong a million times if it meant the Spurs would have another actual servicable big.

Indazone
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
:lmao Scola Thread!!!

TwelveGs210
01-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I wouldnt pay much attention to this glorified trolls posts..

This guy actually had bright idea of a trade last year for George, Dejuan, and rights to Splitter, for Hickson, Moon, and Delonte West..he just spouts off sometimes without thinking..give the guy a chance to play.

TwelveGs210
01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
manu_forever, seriously, why have you made it a personal mission to lead the crusade against the opinions people have about splitter? You've been preaching your gospel here about how you knew he sucked in Europe long ago for a while, and its getting old now.

You want to use the term "nut huggers" in regards to the people praising him, but you come off as riding splitters dick way harder..you seem like a woman scorned, like if Tiago cornholed you, and didnt call you the next day.

xmas1997
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
TIAGO is going to SHIT all over the haters on spurstalk come playoff time. BOOK IT!

I hope he does because I am sick to death of all the Splitter haters!!!!!!!!!
What a bunch of morons.
If someone doesn't like Tiago, then go be a fan of another team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously the Spurs coaching staff sees something in him!

awktalk
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Another PROVEN TROLL. Here is Splitter's replacement in Baskonia:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=TGC&clubcode=BAS&seasoncode=e2010

Almost everyone in Europe agrees he is already in his first year in the role better than Splitter ever was.

Here is there other center:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=DHD&clubcode=BAS&seasoncode=e2010

Already as good or better than Splitter.

News flash. You Splitter trolls have been exposed and NO ONE here believes your lies anymore, except for a few delusional Spurs homers (the same ones that still think Mahinmi is good for example). Every normal Spurs fan knows you are full of it about Splitter.

Also, you prove that you are just another fake Euro homer troll. The Euroleague isn't FIBA, and yet you call it that. Every single actual Euroleague fan knows that it has absolutely nothing at all to do with FIBA.

Forget the numbers or who is better, I just want a guy named STANKO on my team! Stanko Barac, awesome.

MaNu4Tres
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
I guess playing time isn't a factor in this debate.

I mean if he can't get 12 and 8 in the DNP's and the 5-8 minutes of PT he receives he's worthless right?

Funny in the 11 games where he's received 16 minutes or more, Splitter is averaging 9 points and 5 boards in 20.7 MPG.

manufan10
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would have to disagree. Splinter's leadership was very valuable, and without him, the TMNT as we all know and love just wouldn't have been the same.

:worthy: Splinter

tuncaboylu
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Another PROVEN TROLL. Here is Splitter's replacement in Baskonia:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=TGC&clubcode=BAS&seasoncode=e2010

Almost everyone in Europe agrees he is already in his first year in the role better than Splitter ever was.

Here is their other center:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=DHD&clubcode=BAS&seasoncode=e2010

Already as good or better than Splitter.

What are you trying to prove by sending this stats, except Baskonia found a good replacement instead of Splitter? Are you trying to prove that Baskonia centers can't play in NBA? But Scola is proved the opposite one.

Agloco
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Cue a Fabbs thread entitled: "The Spurs record when Splitter doesn't play...."

BRs.Ganso
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
1. Scola was never a center in Europe. He was a POWER FORWARD.

2. Barac is an NBA draft pick and will probably play in the NBA.

3. Batista already played in the NBA.

4. None of that has anything to do with Splitter.

5. The stats are being posted by the colossal trolls, trying to somehow prove Splitter's stats in Europe were extraordinary and superstar.

I just posted those stats to prove that his stats are not even as good as the centers on his old team now have, proving once again that those guys like temujin and Brs. Ganso are pure trolls.

6. You clearly have never in your entire life seen a Euroleague game.

So for you, Splitter is not NBA player, and Barac and Batista yes???? :rollin

little buddy, Batista played in NBA, and was a big joke... he played against Brazil in FIBA Americas 2009 and just was humiliated by JP Batista (yes JP Batista) and Anderson Varejao...

statistics of Batista in that game (82-62 for my Brazil of course)

30 minutes, 6 points 4 rebounds and 4 fouls, 3-12 FG.. (good for you?) :lmao

JP Batista: 11 points and 8 boards... :rollin

Batista averaged 1.8 points per game and 2.5 rebounds per game in 8.7 minutes per game, in 57 games played on Atlanta Hawks... good for you too?

Barac is too slow to play in NBA, he would play like Nesterovic on Thunder... is best of the case... gargabe maybe.

Did you see Caja Laboral this season? they are worse than last year, why? Splitter is out. They are third in ACB regular season, and lost to Unicaja last game.

I have concrete arguments

you have just expeculations, thats the true.
man, its comproved, you are a big hater... :depressed

BRs.Ganso
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
SPANISH, use google traductor if dont understand.

¿Qué le ocurre a Tiago Splitter?

Eran muchas las expectativas creadas en torno a Tiago Splitter (2.11/1985) tras su brillante trayectoria en el Tau Cerámica/Caja Laboral. El juego desplegado por Splitter en sus últimos años en la ACB y Euroliga fue espectacular y logró hacer olvidar la alargada sombra de Luis Scola. Prueba de ello fue el doble MVP de la Liga Regular y de la Final de la ACB de la temporada 2009-10 (gesta que solo había conseguido anteriormente Arvidas Sabonis). Sus estadísticas en la última temporada ACB fueron: 15,7 puntos, 6,7 rebotes y 1,9 asistencias por partido, así como 5,7 faltas recibidas.

Parecía el momento para dar el gran salto, y su excelente rendimiento no pasó desapercibido para los San Antonio Spurs, que hicieron valer sus derechos del Draft de 2007 sobre el pívot brasileño. Splitter siempre reconoció que su objetivo era jugar en la NBA y finalmente, en verano de 2010, llegó a una franquicia histórica, el equipo liderado por Tim Duncan (ganador de 4 anillos), uno de los ídolos de juventud de Splitter y jugador por el que eligió el dorsal 21.

Muchos pensaban que ante el natural bajón físico de Duncan (34 años, y promedios de 13,6 puntos, 9,5 rebotes y 3 asistencias en 29,4 minutos en lo que va de temporada), Splitter disfrutaría de mayor protagonismo ya en su primer año NBA. Pero estamos en el ecuador de la temporada y de momento, las estadísticas están siendo discretas: 4,1 puntos y 2,6 rebotes en poco más de 11.4 minutos por partido. Evidentemente, es difícil hacer algo más con tan pocos minutos.

El compañero de baile de Duncan en la pintura está siendo DeJuan Blair, que parece confirmar en su segundo año que es un jugador fiable, además de haberse destapado con altas anotaciones en algunos partidos. Lo lógico sería pensar que Splitter entraría en la rotación como el tercer pívot en discordia, pero Popovich sigue confiando en la veteranía de Antonio McDyess, y en un sorprendente Matt Bonner en su papel de falso 4, aportando puntos desde la línea de tres y jugando 22 minutos por partido (con promedios de 7,6 puntos y 3,6 rebotes). Si a esto le añadimos que los Spurs tienen la mejor marca de la liga, la situación para Splitter deja mucho que desear.

En una reciente entrevista de Geisha Torres para nba.com, Splitter se mostraba tranquilo ante su situación: “estoy en mi primer año en la NBA y por eso espero seguir aprendiendo mucho cada día que paso en San Antonio”, lo que refleja que el 22 de los Spurs no parece obsesionado con la idea de tener que demostrar inmediatamente su valía. Splitter, que además tuvo una pequeña lesión al principio de la temporada, se está adaptando a una liga muy fuerte y a un equipo ganador, con grandes jugadores, y es consciente de la dificultad que entraña ganarse la confianza de Popovich. Ya ha mostrado algunos destellos, como los 18 puntos y 5 rebotes obtenidos contra Cleveland Cavaliers el pasado mes de noviembre. Tal vez le tranquilicen las declaraciones a USA Today de Gregg Popovich al principio de la temporada, afirmando que Splitter “tendrá una gran carrera en la NBA”. El mismo Pops comparó la llegada del brasileño con la primera temporada de Manu Ginobili en 2002, en la que promedió tan solo 7,6 puntos en 20 minutos.

¿Habrá que esperar al agotamiento de los veteranos Duncan y McDyess o a que baje el rendimiento Blair o que Bonner no se recupere al 100% de sus problemas físicos para que Splitter pueda demostrar su contrastada calidad? Está claro que Duncan no podrá jugar muchos más años a gran nivel, pero dependerá también de la paciencia y la fortaleza mental de Splitter y de que sepa aprovechar su oportunidad cuando llegue el momento. Todavía quedan varios meses para acabar la temporada, aunque no parece que nada vaya a cambiar en la libreta de Popovich mientras los Spurs sigan con la mejor marca de la Liga.

Bartleby
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Its funny that you are arguing with people who think Splitter sucks and also with those who think he's awesome.

And how do you know what this forum was claiming before he got to the Spurs? You have like 200 posts.

You don't know who Manu_Forever is/was, do you?

BRs.Ganso
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
The ACB is a secondary league genius. It's like being the MVP of the NBA D-League. This has been explained about 500 times here and yet you continue to troll this site.

NBA MVP = legit

Euroleague MVP = legit

ACB MVP = D-League MVP

little buddy, D-League is on the same level of BRAZILIAN LEAGUE, or similar.

the example is Marcus Vinicius, he played one season in D-League, scored 17PPG, and now in Brazil he's making 19,3PPG.

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
you don't know who manu_forever is/was, do you?

no

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
What a bunch of morons.
If someone doesn't like Tiago, then go be a fan of another team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bc I think Tiago sucks, I can't be a fan of the Spurs? Aww man :depressed

gospursgojas
01-31-2011, 05:07 PM

I mean if he can't get 12 and 8 in the DNP's and the 5-8 minutes of PT he receives he's worthless right?

Funny in the 11 games where he's received 16 minutes or more, Splitter is averaging 9 points and 5 boards in 20.7 MPG.

The fact that he DOESNT get playing time when we have Bonner out and Dice should be resting, shows how unready he is to play.

Hoops Czar
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
What a bunch of morons.

Pot meet kettle!

Rummpd
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Less that a year ago he was predicted like this and I for one have not given up on him at all yet - I believe Pop has a plan including him probably playing nearly the whole 2nd to last game of the season vs. LAL (first of a back to back and assuming Spurs have clinched HCA in the West) to give him a feel for that lineup if the two meet later. Again as i posted above per Hollinger ratings of Western PF he is above many you would not think including higher than McDysess and around Blair and Bonner and higher in his TS% than many higher ranked PF currently:

February 26, 2009
Tiago Splitter (the longest player profile in DraftExpress history, at over 16,000 words and counting) continues to improve his game year by year, clearly emerging as one of the best players in European basketball this season, and maybe the top center around. His production is pretty astounding, ranking 3rd and 4th in PER in the Euroleague and ACB respectively, 8th in scoring in both categories, and amongst the league leaders in blocks, steals, free throw attempts and shooting percentage.

Offensively, Splitter continues to evolve his game, emerging as a real force for Tau Vitoria, to the tune of 16 points per game, on phenomenal percentages. He shoulders a big offensive load for them, and it’s clear that that’s something that is important for him in the way you see him calling for the ball on the left block. Splitter is primarily a low post player, showing an excellent assortment of footwork and spin-moves with his back to the basket, and a very effective jump-hook he can shoot with either hand. He is a little bit old school in that aspect, really putting pressure on his defender to hold his ground as he backs him down aggressively, which draws him quite a few fouls.

Splitter is extremely aggressive putting the ball on the floor and creating, showing excellent coordination and fluidity, and emerging as a terrific finisher thanks to his great hands and touch. He’s not incredibly explosive around the basket, which may emerge as more of an issue in the NBA (if and when), but with his excellent skill-level and high basketball IQ, he’s about as effective a low-post scorer as you’ll find at the European level. On top of that, he manages to find plenty of scoring opportunities with his ability to run the floor, play pick and roll with the likes of Pablo Prigioni and Igor Rakocevic, and just find open spots around the basket to catch and finish.

Splitter is finally becoming a more consistent free throw shooter, now making about 66% of his attempts—nearly 10 per-40 minutes pace adjusted. He’s not really showing any kind of mid-range jumper, but probably doesn’t really have to for Tau considering that he’s shooting over 64% from the field.

Still not a great rebounder, Splitter has become even less prolific in this department on the offensive end this year, which is a relative concern and probably his biggest weakness. He is showing much better awareness in his ability to pass the ball, though, sporting an impressive 1/1 assist to turnover ratio for the first time in his career.

Defensively, Splitter is obviously a huge asset as we’ve discussed many times, as he has the size, strength and length to be very effective in the low post, but is coordinated and mobile enough to step out and hedge screens with great accuracy. The intensity he displays on this end of the floor tends to get him in foul trouble at times, but this is something that his coach will obviously live with. Splitter is seeing better productivity in the shot-blocking department than in years past, particularly in the Euroleague, where he currently ranks second in blocks per game.
Obviously a high-level rotation player and likely starter whenever he decides to step foot in the NBA, Splitter has a very difficult decision coming up when his current contract expires in the summer of 2010. The paltry $836,000 he’s slotted to earn from the Spurs on the very cumbersome first round rookie scale can’t compete with the 2.3 million dollars net he currently earns, meaning he’d have to take something in the neighborhood of a 75% paycut for the honor of playing in the NBA.

Talking to Splitter after the final, he seemed non-committal at best when the topic was broached, although it’s pretty clear that he would love to play in the NBA. “Right now it’s the middle of the season and I’m only thinking about Tau. The Spurs have some good players and we’ll have to see what happens.” In response to my question about whether his slot on the Rookie scale might impact his decision, Splitter obviously didn’t seem too happy with his predicament, jokingly asking me if I could “talk to David Stern about that.” He reiterated that “it’s a dream to play in the NBA,” stating “I’m still young, and for sure I want to play there”, but said that “we’ll see what happens when my contract is up in two years.”

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tiago-Splitter-25/#ixzz1CezRJIW9
http://www.draftexpress.com

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tiago-Splitter-25/#ixzz1CexmqyaO
http://www.draftexpress.com

rascal
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM

Those numbers are in garbage time for the most part. Look for those numbers to fall in meaningful minutes against the better players.

rascal
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
I agree with Manu_Forever. Splitter is nothing more than a deep end of bench backup, in other words he sucks for all the hype and expectations from this board.

rr2418
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
How many times does this myth have to be debunked here?

So what you are saying is that you know more about Splitter than Pop? I guess you've seen Splitter play Intel. ball, but Pop and the coaching staff see him everyday! I know everyone has opinions and that's what makes these forums fun. And I know the people who have played bball think they're experts, but they are not! Obviously the Spurs coaching staff sees qualities in him that you casual fans don't...............:lol....obviously!

G-Dawgg
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
So what you are saying is that you know more about Splitter than Pop? I guess you've seen Splitter play Intel. ball, but Pop and the coaching staff see him everyday! I know everyone has opinions and that's what makes these forums fun. And I know the people who have played bball think they're experts, but they are not! Obviously the Spurs coaching staff sees qualities in him that you casual fans don't...............:lol....obviously!

...Either that, or he's just a bust and over rated..... :lol

TwelveGs210
01-31-2011, 10:02 PM

Where can I purchase my own G-Dawgg cd? Can you autograph it? Judging from the cover, it looks awesome.

awktalk
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM

Perhaps the reason his ass was stuck to the end of the bench until the injury bug hit is because "the coaching staff see him everyday!".

rr2418
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM

I guess you were one among many that over rated him. Thats what's fueling this topic, the fact that people's expectations were high. The Spurs waited for him for a long time and the casual fan expected him to adjust to the NBA game over the summer and start putting up unbelievable numbers. In reality, no one here has no clue what Pop thinks of Tiago or what plans he has for him.

ColinB
01-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Honestly, Splitter is playing exactly like he did overseas. I'm guessing a lot of you haven't seen his games over there. I'm not sure what is wrong with him handling a rebound, but even over there he would juggle damn the ball and end up losing it. I don't really understand the problem here. Maybe small hands. As far as his offensive game, it was strictly pick and roll. His post game is okay, the difference is he would hit those flip shots over there and not here. Maybe it's just a confidence thing or the better defense and bigger bodies here. Either way, Splitter is giving the Spurs exactly what he showed in the Euroleague.

Overrated? Perhaps. Not totally useless though as most of you claim. I'm not going to be quick on the draw and call him a bust, especially when his minutes are completely inconsistent. Chill out and at least give Pop an offseason with him.

SequSpur
01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=AJG
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=CBY

i thought you euro dfs said he was good?

tuncaboylu
02-01-2011, 03:38 AM
1. Scola was never a center in Europe. He was a POWER FORWARD.

2. Barac is an NBA draft pick and will probably play in the NBA.

3. Batista already played in the NBA.

4. None of that has anything to do with Splitter.

5. The stats are being posted by the colossal trolls, trying to somehow prove Splitter's stats in Europe were extraordinary and superstar.

I just posted those stats to prove that his stats are not even as good as the centers on his old team now have, proving once again that those guys like temujin and Brs. Ganso are pure trolls.

6. You clearly have never in your entire life seen a Euroleague game.

You're wrong again. I live in Turkey and watching 2 Euroleague games live in each week(Fenerbahce Ulker and Efes Pilsen). That's why I've watched Splitter's Euroleague games several times.

Nobody is claiming Splitter is a superstar in Europe but he was one of the most outstanding talents here. Moreover he was a very good pick&roll defender which the stats can not show. Moreover he was a very good athlete, which Barac can not be in his entire life. He was so important for Tau, they really didn't want him to leave the club.

I honestly don't know why you hate splitter so much. But he's a good role player, whatever you claim.

awktalk
02-01-2011, 04:05 AM
First of all, the forumn is full of people claiming Splitter was a superstar in Europe. He was either the best player in Europe, or the best center in Europe. That is what 90% of this forum has claimed for a LONG TIME.

Secondly, Splitter was never one of the best talents in Euroleague. I have no idea where you would ever come up with that if you actually do watch Euroleague/ Let me guess, Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio were/are also "best talents in Europe" right?

Seriously, anyone that really did follow Euroleague would never claim Splitter was one of the top talents in Euroleague.

Look at Baskonia's team last season. Every one of these players is more talented than Splitter.

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

After that, Splitter was in the same category as Stanko Barac, Carl English, and Walter Herrmann more or less on that team. No way in hell was he as talented, nor did he ever at any point in his entire Euroleague career show he was as talented as

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

On his own team, there were 4 players that are clearly more talented than him. So how the hell could Splitter be one of the most talented players in Euroleague. AT BEST, he was the 5th most talented player on his own team in Spain.

As much as Spurs fan doesn't want to admit that, it is about the most sober and accurate assessment of Splitter to date,

Sotongball21
02-01-2011, 04:10 AM
is manu_forever kbp? lol

awktalk
02-01-2011, 04:18 AM
I just want a player named STANKO on this team. I mean, c'mon, that's worth at least 2 playoff wins with Jason Terry thinking he just shart himself upon hearing his name.

tuncaboylu
02-01-2011, 04:45 AM
First of all, the forumn is full of people claiming Splitter was a superstar in Europe. He was either the best player in Europe, or the best center in Europe. That is what 90% of this forum has claimed for a LONG TIME.

Secondly, Splitter was never one of the best talents in Euroleague. I have no idea where you would ever come up with that if you actually do watch Euroleague/ Let me guess, Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio were/are also "best talents in Europe" right?

Seriously, anyone that really did follow Euroleague would never claim Splitter was one of the top talents in Euroleague.

Look at Baskonia's team last season. Every one of these players is more talented than Splitter.

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

After that, Splitter was in the same category as Stanko Barac, Carl English, and Walter Herrmann more or less on that team. No way in hell was he as talented, nor did he ever at any point in his entire Euroleague career show he was as talented as

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

On his own team, there were 4 players that are clearly more talented than him. So how the hell could Splitter be one of the most talented players in Euroleague. AT BEST, he was the 5th most talented player on his own team in Spain.

Now let's start with Teletovic. Teletovic is a talented guy who lives behind the arc and he's a selfish player. He can not play as a front-court player in NBA with his current abilities.

Huertas is a teammate of Splitter in Brazilian National Team. But he's a guard and I don't understand why you compare him with Splitter.

Eliyahu has no strength to be a front-court player in NBA. He was playing in the same team with Splitter and he was coming from bench while Splitter is starting. He's also not younger than Splitter and it's another meaningless comparision.

San Emeterio is also guard/forward and I didn't understand why you compare him with Splitter.

I agree you that some of European players such as Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio are overrated too much. Honestly I never like Rudy Fernandez in Europe and didn't find Rick Rubio as an extraordinary talent. I don't think that Rubio will be a star in NBA because it's not easy for a guy who wants to be a guard in NBA and don't have neither upper body nor athletic talent.

But Splitter is not one of this guys. Do you know Semih Erden, rookie in Boston Celtics? He was one of the most idiot players in Europe he has nearly 0 basketball IQ. We were laughing to him whenever he plays. He doesn't know defensive schemas, he can not stay out of foul trouble etc. But now he's playing Celtics and it's a quite shock for the fans in Turkey. If Semih Erden can play in Celtics, it's obvious that Splitter deserves a chance to play in Spurs.

temujin
02-01-2011, 05:40 AM

little buddy, D-League is on the same level of BRAZILIAN LEAGUE, or similar.

the example is Marcus Vinicius, he played one season in D-League, scored 17PPG, and now in Brazil he's making 19,3PPG.

Please, stop putting numbers in front of this KBP grecian.

He can't read them.

He is grecian.

temujin
02-01-2011, 05:42 AM
is manu_forever kbp? lol

Don't you just smell that inescapable scent of grecian idiocy?

temujin
02-01-2011, 05:46 AM

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

Marcelos Huertas
Mirza Teletovic
Fernando San Emeterio
Lior Eliyahu

Splitter is also less talented than Lionel Messi at playing soccer, and less talented than Wilkinson at playing rugby!

It took what, 20' to write this crap?
Who is paying your bills, parasite?

mathbzh
02-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Honestly I never likes Rudy Fernandez in Europe and didn't find Rick Rubio as an extra ordinary talent.

For Rubio, you have to consider how young he was when the hype started.
As a 15 yo pro or a 17 yo player in the Olympics he was an extra ordinary talent.

Now he is 20 and not much improved but there is not so much hype anymore.

But this is not new. A lot of very young players have been considered the next big thing and never lived up to the expectations.

temujin
02-01-2011, 05:50 AM
manu_forever, seriously, why have you made it a personal mission to lead the crusade against the opinions people have about splitter? You've been preaching your gospel here about how you knew he sucked in Europe long ago for a while, and its getting old now.

You want to use the term "nut huggers" in regards to the people praising him, but you come off as riding splitters dick way harder..you seem like a woman scorned, like if Tiago cornholed you, and didnt call you the next day.

Because his life is so frigging empty and useless.

temujin
02-01-2011, 05:51 AM
The ACB is a secondary league genius. It's like being the MVP of the NBA D-League. This has been explained about 500 times here and yet you continue to troll this site.

NBA MVP = legit

Euroleague MVP = legit

ACB MVP = D-League MVP

Do you guys now understand why Europe had to bail out Greece?

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 05:55 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/12/tiago-splitter-frustrated-with-lack-of-playing-time/

Regarding Splitter and his frustration with lack of playing time and Pop's response.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/video-how-tiago-splitter-fits-in-san-antonio-spurs

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/5/30/1493550/tiago-splitter-scouting-report

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/draft/1225865

(The cbssports.com one had some positives and negatives)

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2010/07/23/the-best-2010-nba-contract-signing-under-40-million/

(Was rated best contract in NBA under 40 million)

However, with all of that said, which was the best signing under $40 million during free agency? As the bargains that came later during this period, the best contract has had time gone by (three years) before it was finally signed. The player is/was the best in his league and helped his team win a championship. He’s been a hot basketball commodity since he was 15-years-old and has had international success.

I’m talking about Tiago Splitter (three years/$10.9 million), finally joining the San Antonio Spurs, much to their fans’ delight.

Splitter, the 6’11, 235 pound center from Brazil was drafted by the Spurs in the 2007 NBA Draft with the 28th pick of the first round even though he was still under contract with his Spanish ACB League team, Tau Ceramica. He previously declared for the draft in 2004, 2005, and 2006, but withdrew each time. Despite being drafted in 2007 by the NBA champion Spurs, Splitter signed a two-year extension in 2008 with his Spanish team, eventually opting out after this past season where he was both the season MVP and Spanish ACB championship series MVP, leading Caja Laboral Baskonia (formerly Tau Ceramica) in a sweep over FC Barcelona.

The thinking coming into signing Splitter was that the Spurs would need to use their full mid-level exception (MLE; about $6 million), which would have handicapped the Spurs from making many more quality moves to fill out their roster. Obviously, it didn’t take that to bring Splitter across the Atlantic, which adds more value to the contract that he signed. Plus, a regular season and championship MVP with prolific experience in international competition; how could you go wrong with that contract in both length and dollars? However, here are more reasons why Splitter’s is the best 2010 NBA contract this summer.

It was ten years ago that Splitter’s journey to basketball greatness began when Tau Ceramica signed the then 15-year-old to its team, but loaning him out to Araba Gorago Alava of the EBA League for the 2000-01 season and then to Bilbao Berri in the LEB for the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons. In the 2003-04 season, Splitter joined the senior Tau Ceramica team and over the course of his decade-long experience as a professional basketball player, Splitter has won many awards, honors, and championships, usually younger than his competition.

Splitter comes into the NBA a lot more mature and polished than other NBA rookies and dependent on playing time, should contend for NBA Rookie of the Year honors. One reason why Splitter delayed his debut in the Association is that he wanted to improve his game. Looking at his Player Efficiency Rating (PER) since 2007, he obviously did (note that a PER of 15 is considered that of the average NBA player):

2007-08 (Tau Ceramica; ACB): 23.5
2007-08 (Tau Vitoria; Euro): 26.9
2008-09 (Tau Ceramica; Euro): 24.8
2008-09 (Tau Ceramica; ACB): 26.4
2009-10 (Caja Laboral; Euro): 21.1
2009-10 (Caja Laboral; ACB): 26.7

Maybe Manu_Forever is right but maybe not - time will tell how good and how valuable Splitter is - most scouting reports you can find still on the web on this quy were very positive but some flaws were pointed out. Perhaps he was somewhat over-rated but he still has an upside and could really blossom if Pop does not kill his enthusiasm IMO.

The biggest thing that frustrates me is that for his flaws Splitter has not been given a chance to play his potentially more natural position of PF with Duncan adopting the center position as the one thing Splitter can do is pass and set pick and rolls. When Splitter has looked good or at least relatively good out there he is often with Blair where Splitter sets up more outside the paint area IMO.

Mel_13
02-01-2011, 06:28 AM
For those that are not familiar with Kill_Bill_Pana, now posting as Manu_Forever, you can see some of his best work here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2510298

After an epic meltdown when Spain defeated Greece in last summer's World Championship, KBP slipped away only to reappear as the troll we now know as Manu_Forever. KBP was not banned, but he couldn't start threads or post in the Spurs forum, thus the change in username.

The end for KBP came in this thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162008&page=5

See the last page for his final posts under his original persona' it's funny stuff. The final post:

:depressed Kori can you answer please? Tell me what i did wrong and will apologize and I promise I will not do this again. Please allow me back to edit posts and make threads.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Now let's start with Teletovic. Teletovic is a talented guy who lives behind the arc and he's a selfish player. He can not play as a front-court player in NBA with his current abilities.

Huertas is a teammate of Splitter in Brazilian National Team. But he's a guard and I don't understand why you compare him with Splitter.

Eliyahu has no strength to be a front-court player in NBA. He was playing in the same team with Splitter and he was coming from bench while Splitter is starting. He's also not younger than Splitter and it's another meaningless comparision.

San Emeterio is also guard/forward and I didn't understand why you compare him with Splitter.

I agree you that some of European players such as Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio are overrated too much. Honestly I never likes Rudy Fernandez in Europe and didn't find Rick Rubio as an extra ordinary talent. I don't think that Rubio will be a star in NB because it's not easy for a guy who wants to be a guard in NBA and don't have neither upper body nor athletic talent.

But Splitter is not one of this guys. Do you now Semih Erden, rookie in Boston Celtics? He was one of the most idiot players in Europe he has nearly 0 basketball IQ. We were laughing to him whenever he plays. He doesn't know defensive schemas, he can not stay out of foul trouble etc. But now he's playing Celtics and it's a quite shock for the fans in Turkey. If Semih Erden can play in Turkey, it's obvious that Splitter deserves a chance to play in Spurs.

It's worthless wasting time to argue with KBP using logic, knowledge and tangible information, he's not here for that and he won't get into a discussion with anyone who actually knows and has seen the aforementioned 4 players, because he doesn't know shit about them and won't engage in a discussion with someone who does. He only uses such players as reference when disputing with people who are not familiar with FIBA/Euro basketball, so that he appears to sound like he knows anything. In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if he's ever watched any of these 4.

Just troll him, he's a boxing dummy.

spurs50_
02-01-2011, 07:51 AM
wow, can't believe the hate on Splitter. Maybe be Robinson needs to work with him in the offseason the way akeem worked with howard. Give the guy a chance, i noticed that he misses alot when he flips the ball up instead of dunking it. Hopefully he'll get better.

temujin
02-01-2011, 08:14 AM
This is another perfect example of BS hype that is purely made up. He did NOT lead Baskonia to the Spanish championship. That is the kind of crap that people write which is untrue and creates all this ridiculous nonsense hype and absurdly unrealistic expectations.

The TRUTH is that he road the coattails of Marcelo Huertas, Mirza Teletovic, and Fernando San Emeterio to the Spanish title. It was San Emeterio that "led" Baskonia to the Spanish championship, NOT Splitter. Splitter was just a role player. But then some idiot writers make up this BS and every American believes it. And no matter how many times you explain that it isn't true, they don't believe it.

According to US media, Ricky Rubio is the greatest Euroleague player in history. The truth is that he is considered to be barely even an average player in Europe. US sports media can never ever be used as a trustful source about anything related to European basketball, but Americans not only trust US sports media about European basketball, they actually believe every word it says about it.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

It's a US sportwriters conspiracy led by Spurs scouts, THOSE THAT NEVER GO TO GAMES (your words), that led ACB to name TIAGO SPLITTER as MVP of the Finals.

San Emeterio!

iT'S ALL A conspiracy

temujin
02-01-2011, 08:17 AM
For those that are not familiar with Kill_Bill_Pana, now posting as Manu_Forever, you can see some of his best work here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2510298

After an epic meltdown when Spain defeated Greece in last summer's World Championship, KBP slipped away only to reappear as the troll we now know as Manu_Forever. KBP was not banned, but he couldn't start threads or post in the Spurs forum, thus the change in username.

The end for KBP came in this thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162008&page=5

See the last page for his final posts under his original persona' it's funny stuff. The final post:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

That pretty much summarizes a WHOLE -worthless- life, right there.

temujin
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
It's worthless wasting time to argue with KBP using logic, knowledge and tangible information, he's not here for that and he won't get into a discussion with anyone who actually knows and has seen the aforementioned 4 players, because he doesn't know shit about them and won't engage in a discussion with someone who does. He only uses such players as reference when disputing with people who are not familiar with FIBA/Euro basketball, so that he appears to sound like he knows anything. In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if he's ever watched any of these 4.

Just troll him, he's a boxing dummy.

right there.

A boxing dummy that has made a BIG mistake.

temujin
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I agree about Rubio and Fernandez. They are not even good players. Rudy is average and Rubio is barely even that. I just disagree about Splitter.

I have already said that Splitter can help the Spurs and would be a good backup center. Personally I think he is better than McDyess is. But the simple fact remains that you ARE overrating him.

Those 4 players on Baskonia are all more talented than him whether you can grasp it or not is irrelevant. As for Semih Erden that is another good example. He was one of many centers in Euroleague that were better than Splitter.

What you don't seem to understand is that Splitter is a system player and in Baskonia he played in a system that allowed him to get about 5 wide open dunks/layups every game and that allowed him to guard pick and roll and not have to deal with any post defense. He had athletes and rebounders around him.

Every single offense was created by guys like Huertas and San Emeterio. Splitter basically just had to defend the pick and roll, defend face up bigs and finish a wide open dunk or layup. That was the entire extent of his job.

Did he EVER do anything more than that? No.

Erden might be an idiot that was always in foul trouble, but he was always capable of grabbing a rebound from someone, or guarding someone in the low block. Things that essentially were always a bit difficult for Splitter.

The simple fact is that just about any decent center can play in the Baskonia system, which is exactly why Barac and now Batista already outperform Splitter in the center role on that team this year.

You don't seem to grasp that Splitter played with world class pick and roll players like Prigioni (before last year) and Huertas, a point that could create anything imaginable for him in Huertas, a guy like San Emeterio that took all the big shots, made all the needed baskets, carried the team game after game, etc.

Then a guy like Eliyahu who could control the rebounds and a guy like Teletovic who could hit any long distance shot you could think of. That was the team around him and they did all the skills work. All Splitter ever did was defend pick and roll and finish wide open dunks and layups - he was the working big body role player. That's it.

And that is what is so freaking hilarious about the fact that people here think he was the best player in Europe. Once again, Splitter in Euroleague was the same thing Jeff Foster is in the NBA.

He can be a nice backup 4/5 for the Spurs, but let's get real here. The expectations and hype are insanely absurd regarding him. Just the same as they are/were with Fernandez and Rubio, who were never even that good in Europe, especially Rubio, who basically could even be considered a bad player.

The problem is that the American fans here can't grasp that. They base everything on draftexpress.com and hype from morons like Sean Elliott. Then you have the trolls like temujin come in and make up a bunch of crap.

Thus, the Spurs fan base thought Splitter was some great player (better than Scola was the belief here), when he was always going to just be a solid role player.

I think you and I are in general agreement, it's just that I think you are forgetting to consider that in Baskonia Splitter played in a system that is designed to inflate stats. It's basically the Phoenix Suns of the Euroleague, and the stats that get inflated the most in that team are the center stats, due to the point guard play and pick and roll.

I am not saying that Batista and Barac are great centers or anything. They could both play in the NBA, but they are nothing special. The point is that they have better stats than Splitter did playing in the same team. They had no problem replacing him with 2 guys that are as good or better.

Yet, the Spurs fan base was totally convinced by 100% that Splitter was "the best center in Europe". I am sorry, but I don't think he was even a top 10 center in Europe.

I do think Splitter will be fine and will help the Spurs and he does need to play more to get comfortable. But nonetheless, he is ridiculously overrated in this forum.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

It's actually a good excercise for my abdominal muscle.

This guy is beyond recovery even through pharmacological means.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

BRs.Ganso
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

It's actually a good excercise for my abdominal muscle.

This guy is beyond recovery even through pharmacological means.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Very nice exercise!

everyday when i'm boring, I come to spurstalk forum for read Manu_Forever posts, thats make me laugh, happy, is good for mental e health.

manufan10
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
So manu_forever aka KBP finally took some English lessons? It shouldn't be hard to find in Mountain View, Arkansas. :lol

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Mr. Manu-Forever:

You may in the end be right as for some reason you seem to know everything about Euro basketball (my personal own limited Eurobasketball experience is watching 6 or so games in Lithuania and Germany when I was a public health doctor over there and the one thing I like about Splitter is he is not one of those run out to the three point line types) but right now the bottom line is that when he has been able to play - Splitter's PER is right up there with other Spurs big men other than Duncan and he has acutally outshot many PFs in the leauge above him using TS%. He also draws charges, and at least does not run away from contact and is also a good passer. Sure he has apparent flaws and may have been somewhat over-rated but the guy's basketball IQ is higher than you give him credit for and I firmly believe Pop will do this guy and the team right - it may take longer than expected but for the amount the got this guy for he is actually a real steal - find other more potentially better same size young bigs for the same dollars with the same basketball IQ, and start the argument there not retroactively. I for one, am very happy Splitter is a Spur and believe he will eventually produce at a level that will be far beyond what some of the haters on this site think. Splitter to me has shown nothing but class with his acceptance of his role publically while he shared his concern with playing time - he has not dissed Pop or any other teammate.

If you know of the best and credible sites for Euro player evaluations - share them with the rest and I for one welcome your opinion which may in the end be shown right, but in fairness you sound a little bit over the top in your disdain of Splitter.

E-RockWill
02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
KBP is quite possibly the best troll ever....

cheguevara
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
gotta say KBP with the goods

tuncaboylu
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Those 4 players on Baskonia are all more talented than him whether you can grasp it or not is irrelevant. As for Semih Erden that is another good example. He was one of many centers in Euroleague that were better than Splitter.

Sorry but I stopped reading after this comparision. If you are intertested with Euro basketball and analyze that Semih is better center then Splitter; there is no need to argue.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I merged your seven threads :rolleyes

What is point of this thread?

I'm not sure. Why don't you start a thread to ask?

Oops.

Why can i not edit my posts?

Why can I not make threads? What is this?

temujin
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Mr. Manu-Forever:

You may in the end be right as for some reason you seem to know everything about Euro basketball (my personal own limited Eurobasketball experience is watching 6 or so games in Lithuania and Germany when I was a public health doctor over there and the one thing I like about Splitter is he is not one of those run out to the three point line types) but right now the bottom line is that when he has been able to play - Splitter's PER is right up there with other Spurs big men other than Duncan and he has acutally outshot many PFs in the leauge above him using TS%. He also draws charges, and at least does not run away from contact and is also a good passer. Sure he has apparent flaws and may have been somewhat over-rated but the guy's basketball IQ is higher than you give him credit for and I firmly believe Pop will do this guy and the team right - it may take longer than expected but for the amount the got this guy for he is actually a real steal - find other more potentially better same size young bigs for the same dollars with the same basketball IQ, and start the argument there not retroactively. I for one, am very happy Splitter is a Spur and believe he will eventually produce at a level that will be far beyond what some of the haters on this site think. Splitter to me has shown nothing but class with his acceptance of his role publically while he shared his concern with playing time - he has not dissed Pop or any other teammate.

If you know of the best and credible sites for Euro player evaluations - share them with the rest and I for one welcome your opinion which may in the end be shown right, but in fairness you sound a little bit over the top in your disdain of Splitter.

Just ask him about the shape of the ball basketball is being played.

You'll be surprised by the answer.

Spurologist
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM

:lmao :lmao

Dartherus
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Scola haters, you'll never learn....

I warned back then how good he'd be in NBA, yet many adovcated to pay Bonner THE SAME MONEY THAT SCOLA GOT FROM THE ROCKETS.....and Spurs did that.....but hey, Spurs couldn't afford Scola, but they could Afford Oberto and Bonner the some money, cool.....

Now, you're trying to imply that he was not better than Splitter in his rookie season.....

Check the FACTS
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/luis_scola/career_stats.html

10.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg in 24.7 mpg, not exactly the same as 10 6 in 25 mins, as said in the 1st page trying to equalize with Splintter....

Besides...He had a slow start, with a VERY conservative coach like Adelman (check how many minutes top10 draft picks like Williams or Hill got in their first year)....

And yet during mid of such first season, and later, during PLAYOFFS in such rookie year, he had aroudn 14 ppg 9.3 rpg....

Can you imagine Splitter doing that this very same season?

So, many of you still fail to see the real value on Scola, like you did when you said that he'd never be as good as Bonner or Oberto....and said it was ok to pay each one of them the same money that Scola got with the Rockets in his rookie contract.....

ChumpDumper
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Scola haters, you'll never learn....

I warned back then how good he'd be in NBA, yet many adovcated to pay Bonner THE SAME MONEY THAT SCOLA GOT FROM THE ROCKETS.....and Spurs did that.....but hey, Spurs couldn't afford Scola, but they could Afford Oberto and Bonner the some money, cool.....After they got rid of Jackie Butler.

Cessation
02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Need more troll kbp quotes. lol "What is this?"

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Will see who has the last laugh on Splitter and of course the Spurs should have kept Scola but in the end the Spurs right now have Splitter at a great price and the best record in the NBA - why worry so much!