PDA

View Full Version : High praise for Spurs from Scola - Best Team in NBA period

Rummpd
01-30-2011, 12:05 AM
"We were in the game all they way into the third quarter. But they were too solid. They are too solid," Scola said. "Most solid team in the NBA. They're the best team in the NBA, period."

http://www.nba.com/games/20110129/HOUSAS/gameinfo.html

Spursfan092120
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice...I like that.

ducks
01-30-2011, 12:07 AM
scola is a piece of shit

TE
01-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Thank you Scola, you must be kicking yourself because you were traded.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2011, 12:08 AM
scola is a piece of shit

He is a very good player and he says this about our team and you say this? Are you serious? He is classy and a very good player to boot.

Spursfan092120
01-30-2011, 12:09 AM
He is a very good player and he says this about our team and you say this? Are you serious? He is classy and a very good player to boot.

It's ducks...you can't put any merit to anything he says.

TD 21
01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
It's interesting how the foreign players (Scola, Bogut, Gortat) recognize this team as the best in the NBA. But the Americans (recently conducted players poll, virtually every analyst, Love, Collison, Lee) all continue to pretend the Lakers and the Celtics are.

It's because the foreign players don't care about hype, or who's ass you're supposed to kiss, or what market you play in, or any other piece of irrelevant information. That gives them the most credible opinion, because it's unbiased.

celldweller
01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
....the boob is calling me. :p:

ducks
01-30-2011, 12:11 AM

scola has no class
he get out of shape rc tell him to work on his rebounding

scola is overrated imo at best he is a 3 maybe 4 option on a good team

he is like the number one option on a BAD Team

ducks
01-30-2011, 12:13 AM
it's interesting how the foreign players (scola, bogut, gortat) recognize this team as the best in the nba. But the americans (recently conducted players poll, virtually every analyst, love, collison, lee) all continue to pretend the lakers and the celtics are.

It's because the foreign players don't care about hype, or who's ass you're supposed to kiss, or what market you play in, or any other piece of irrelevant information. That gives them the most credible opinion, because it's unbiased.

scola like manu he is from his country and does not want to make him mad

hater
01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
duck is out of meds again...

DaDakota
01-30-2011, 01:18 AM
If you guys are healthy, you are my pick to win it all.

DD

greyforest
01-30-2011, 01:38 AM
scola is a piece of shit

umm not really. i'm pretty sure scola wanted to play for the spurs all along, with manu being here and all. peter holt didn't want to pay that much, and that was that.

you're dumb, or a troll, or both.

crc21209
01-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Scola giving props where props are due...:tu

honestfool84
01-30-2011, 01:46 AM
i have no idea... how much did Holt have to pay to keep Scola?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Well if the great Luis Scolaaaa said it.........

DesignatedT
01-30-2011, 01:57 AM

Not exactly sure what the exact figure would be but it's similar to the RJ situation last season that put us over the tax line. I doubt it was him saying "I don't want to pay this" but the goal was to be able to win and be competitive while staying under that line. Something we have always been able to do unlike the Lakers or Celtics or whatever. We are back under the tax line this year also with RJ taking that pay cut.

It doesn't really matter anymore anyway. Plus, didn't that rockets 2nd round pick they gave us land us Blair? That worked out pretty well also.

Snaq O'Meal
01-30-2011, 01:58 AM

Unfortunately, not all Spurs fans are as classy.

TimmehC
01-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Plus, didn't that rockets 2nd round pick they gave us land us Blair? That worked out pretty well also.

We got that pick from Phoenix, in exchange for drafting the Dragon and sending him to the desert. Not that it wasn't still worth it, but there it is. I think De Colo was taken with that Rox pick.

DesignatedT
01-30-2011, 02:07 AM
We got that pick from Phoenix, in exchange for drafting the Dragon and sending him to the desert. Not that it wasn't still worth it, but there it is. I think De Colo was taken with that Rox pick.

got it. thx

jestersmash
01-30-2011, 02:09 AM
People saying Scola is classless? I remember a play when Manu was somewhat barreling out of bounds and Scola made sure to corral him so that he didn't get hurt.

He's a good guy and he's a superb power forward. I don't see what's not to like. He's not a thug. He doesn't trash talk.

lefty
01-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Scola thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cry Havoc
01-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Scola is awesome and I wish he was still a Spur.

Scola/Blair/Bonner
Tim/Dice/Bonner

Would be an amazing frontcourt to have right now.

Blackjack
01-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Scola Video:

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/pages/video?PID=o3amodW6EBb7HBjYWhpsogBZUCaJEtLQ

spurs10
01-30-2011, 02:42 AM
People saying Scola is classless? I remember a play when Manu was somewhat barreling out of bounds and Scola made sure to corral him so that he didn't get hurt.

He's a good guy and he's a superb power forward. I don't see what's not to like. He's not a thug. He doesn't trash talk.
Scola is a class act....just like one of his bestfriends, Manu Ginobili!:toast

cutewizard
01-30-2011, 02:58 AM
guys. lets respect scola.....why?

one, he is a class guy

two, he is the friend and sidekick of the guy we adore (Manu)...in the Argentine national team

third, he said good things about our Spurs....

see? that's it.......

its not his fault that he is not playing for us Spurs......

peace......

Blackjack
01-30-2011, 03:11 AM
If you're having trouble with the video on my Scola link, use this one (http://www.foxsportshouston.com/01/29/11/Rockets-succumb-to-Spurs-108-95/landing_rockets.html?blockID=400384&feedID=3579). You'll find all of FSN Houston's post-game coverage, recap and a few videos.

KenziE
01-30-2011, 04:48 AM
'in my mind tim duncan will always be an all star whether he plays the game or not" - Luis scola

when asked if TD deserves to be an all star this year

DrSteffo
01-30-2011, 05:03 AM

This. (But Ducks is not representative of Spurs fans in general :lol)

WalterBenitez
01-30-2011, 05:48 AM
It's interesting how the foreign players (Scola, Bogut, Gortat) recognize this team as the best in the NBA. But the Americans (recently conducted players poll, virtually every analyst, Love, Collison, Lee) all continue to pretend the Lakers and the Celtics are.

Hey TD, you got a great point here! :toast

Since in FIBA's world we don't have such SUperStar caliber players (Lebron, TD, etc.) we appreciate and are more team oriented, that's why Intl speaking Spurs 2010-2011 is fantastic to watch and follow.

BTW, espn barely recognize SAS as an NBA team :bang

Bruno
01-30-2011, 05:52 AM
Scrubla turned down a promising team into a lottery one. It shows the true loser nature he showed in Europe. Luckily for him, Manu and Oberto's winning mojos were enough to offset him with Argentina NT.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
01-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Scrubla turned down a promising team into a lottery one. It shows the true loser nature he showed in Europe. Luckily for him, Manu and Oberto's winning mojos were enough to offset him with Argentina NT.

Major props for siding with ducks on this one. It's a really nice gesture from you.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2011, 06:57 AM
solid team my ass, when we beat the likes of orlando and boston then yes we are solit

still have to play the cheat team in south beach...

100%duncan
01-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Scola nice job

oski1000
01-30-2011, 09:16 AM

Scola is an awesome player and a nice and humble guy.

Ducks and Bruno are in competition for the "losers of the year" trophy.

doldrums
01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
This. (But Ducks is not representative of Spurs fans in general :lol)

Ducks, by far, is my least favorite regular poster. He has no point , other than extolling Parker and putting down Manu and other Argentines. He never imparts any interesting observations. So to me his posts are a complete waste of time.

SpursIndonesia
01-30-2011, 10:46 AM
We should have Scola instead of Bonner. No disrespect, but god damn !!

SenorSpur
01-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Scola is a terrific player and seemingly a good dude. As some others have already stated, I'd rather have him than Bonner too, but we all know that Scola doesn't even begin to space the floor enough for Pop's liking.

In fact, if Timmy doesn't become more prolific from "beyond the arc", he may find his ass getting waived. :lol

DesignatedT
01-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Very nice interview from Scola. Giving Duncan props as well.

ALVAREZ6
01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
:lmao @ ducks...Scola a 4th option on a good team.

You're a retard, one of the biggest I (barely) know

MmP
01-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Bruno, it's rare from you reading stupid stuff. But it's maybe what you have to live with.

Scola turned down nothing, he'd love to be a Spur but things for him personally have really gone well so I guess he has no hard feelings.

And he was the key in that 04 gold medal. He's the key for argentina to win anything. Manu cannot carry him self a team over the US.

ducks
01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
scola on the spurs would be a fourth option

m33p0
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM

no more than what they're paying tiago now... but it would have sent the spurs into luxury tax territory. :bang:bang:bang

temujin
01-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Scola is an Argie, people with huevos with barbed wire around them.

He ain't no frigging greek.

it's me
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Scola is an Argie, people with huevos with barbed wire around them.

He ain't no frigging greek.

:lmao

temujin
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Agree.

1) Ginobili.
2) Manu
3) Gino.

vanvannen
01-31-2011, 10:48 AM

You make it sound as if it was a bad thing to be the 4th option behind TD, Tony and Manu.

Keep digging your own hole Duckie. :toast

Blake
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
I think Scola was also quoted as saying Scott Stapp circa 2002 has the best hair in the world period.

Agloco
01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
scola is a piece of shit

Yes he is......

A 19.4 and 8.3 piece of shit.