PDA

View Full Version : Who else is glad?

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-30-2011, 03:25 AM
To see Richard Jefferson getting it done, & going hard to the rim.
I know his fire kind of died down a bit from the first couple
games on the season, but he's proving that he's STILL an
improved player in the Spurs' system.

& how about Heavy D? Another double-double, 3 blocks, 3 nifty assists.
Blair is hands down my favorite player right now.

duncan228
01-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Pop is.

..."He was aggressive all night,” Popovich said. “He caught with the idea of trying to be a scorer, whether it was shooting the ball or driving it. He did a good job the entire time he was on the court. He also did a good job on the defensive end.”

Aggressive move keys Jefferson’s productivity (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/29/aggressive-move-keys-jefferson%e2%80%99s-productivity/)
Mike Monroe

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/29/aggressive-move-keys-jefferson%e2%80%99s-productivity/

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-30-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks. Fantastic read.

tdunk21
01-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Pop is.

Aggressive move keys Jefferson’s productivity (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/29/aggressive-move-keys-jefferson%e2%80%99s-productivity/)
Mike Monroe

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/29/aggressive-move-keys-jefferson%e2%80%99s-productivity/

:toast

silverblackfan
01-30-2011, 11:01 AM
:toast

"and thats not the first time." - scary.

FkLA
01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I still think he settles for the jumpshot/3 pointer too much. RJ was amongst the leaders in FTAs before he came to the Spurs, he was relentless at going to the rim...now other than that lob play they run for him or a fastbreak he'll rarely finish at the rim. I dont think its so much that he's adjusted to the system as much as it is that he simply worked pretty hard on his shot during the summer...because he's basically in the same spots as last season. He's just taking/making alot more of the shots that are available for him.

Fabbs
01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
^^ agree and if he would drive it to the rim more often, it would open up more 3 pt attempts as defenders would back off him.

ElNono
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Without looking at hard numbers, and just the impression I get from watching all the games this season, he has had more good games than bad games (something that was the opposite last season, imo). I'm talking not just offensively, but also the effort defensively (rebounding, fighting through screens, etc).
That's all I really wanted from the guy. If we get some dunks and 3's, I'll take them too.

I ate my crow about RJ early in the season, and I can safely say it was delicious. :lol

Cane
01-30-2011, 11:55 AM
RJ's numbers in the 4th quarter have been outstanding as well.

Coach Pop and the Spurs run the best organization in the NBA if RJ's improvements and the Spurs success are of any indication.

Cane
01-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Kinda bullshit that RJ wasn't even an all star game candidate though especially with how he was playing early in the season but w/e.

ChuckD
01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
I still think he settles for the jumpshot/3 pointer too much. RJ was amongst the leaders in FTAs before he came to the Spurs, he was relentless at going to the rim...now other than that lob play they run for him or a fastbreak he'll rarely finish at the rim. I dont think its so much that he's adjusted to the system as much as it is that he simply worked pretty hard on his shot during the summer...because he's basically in the same spots as last season. He's just taking/making alot more of the shots that are available for him.

The lane is a bit more crowded here than on his other teams. Tim, Tony, and Manu all operate in there to some extent.

^^ agree and if he would drive it to the rim more often, it would open up more 3 pt attempts as defenders would back off him.

He's getting open looks. I just wish he'd stick to the corner 3, instead of taking that top of the circle long three. He should just throw a ball fake there, and dribble into a FT line jumper.

Cherry
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I ate my crow about RJ early in the season, and I can safely say it was delicious. :lol

me too :oops

fake greek guy
01-30-2011, 06:55 PM
To see Richard Jefferson getting it done, & going hard to the rim.

luke walton

Muser
01-30-2011, 07:54 PM
RJ will be fine come playoffs, the Spurs don't need him to be aggressive against scrub teams. Save the wear and tear for the playoffs.

Cessation
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
RJ can't drive as well as he used because he's slower due to age, thats why he needs that outside shot to make it easier. Nice to see him take the three with confidence even if he missed a couple before.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2011, 08:33 PM
For mine, it's all about the way RJ is fitting the team this year (as opposed to the total misfit last year), and the fact that he's not dropping his head when things don't go his way. He's competing at both ends, making better decisions, playing like a Spur basically, whereas last year he played like a guy who'd been on losing teams too long. Glad I was wrong about him before the season, although I still think he's overpaid. :lol

boutons_deux
01-30-2011, 08:35 PM
We know he can do it, but he has to do it more consistently, be the solid 4th option that makes the other team pay for not paying him attention.

Brutalis
01-31-2011, 04:20 AM
I notice when RJ has a good offensive night Pop gives him major props. It's as if he is trying to tell RJ to do it every game which I am sure he has.

If RJ would just that every game though the Spurs are so much better.