PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Laker fan at a bar

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 02:09 PM
So I was dealing with a Laker fan yesterday at a bar in Arlington and the dude was obviously disappointed the Laker loss but he quickly shurgged it off and, listen to me when I say this, he actually said " Its only a regular season loss, its not a big deal" I laughed really hard because I was saying to myself, wow, Laker fans does use this excuse in real life haha.

So we all asked him what gave him this confident despite of his teams recent struggles, and he quickly blurted the words "Pistons and Rockets, mang". Frankly, he caught us off guard and we were confused so we asked him to elaborate.

The Laker fan, known as Miguelito (late 30's, a bit on the heavy side, goatee, obnoxious and who always rocks his shades on the back of his head, die hard Laker fan according to him) without hesitation said "Well, Kobe is the best in the league mang and I know Bynum and Gasol are too much for the Spurs and Miami" We had to remind him that the Spurs are playing the best basketball in the league, so they're nothing to sneeze at and Miami though undersized have great backcourt depth, the same type of depth that routinely bothers the Lakers.

He quickly interrupted us and dismissed Duncan because of his age, and additionally Jackson historically owns Popovich and Manu is just 20 games away from deteriorating and he'd like to see George Hill, ginobili and Richard Jefferson stop Kobe. Ok, point taken. Well what about Boston we asked? to which he arrogantly replied " We are the champions not the Celtics, they have to fear us. Again its a regular season game mang, nothing more". Hilarity ensues. The rest of the conversation was all about how the Lakers are tested and the most experienced group, Kobe's title as Supreme being of the Universe and why Corona is the best beer in the world. yada, yada (Mind you, we asked him what he was drinking and he said it was a Long Island Ice tea LOL)

I ask you this because I honestly don't know much of the championship Pistons in 2004 and the Rockets of 95 IIRC, two teams who eventually won the NBA Finals as a low seeded team. What particular traits or character those teams have in common to this current Laker squad? Can the Lakers really not care about HCA and still willfully win a third championship? Better yest, since this is a Spurs site, can the Lakers easily walk over Duncan and Blair?

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Either you answer the damn question old man or just go to extinction.

BRHornet45
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
and then the Spurs fans left the bar and got back in their truck ...

http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/lorry_overloaded.jpg

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Either you answer the damn question old man or just go to extinction.

You jackass, you.

BlackSwordsMan
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
and then the Spurs fans left the bar and got back in their truck ...

http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/lorry_overloaded.jpg

How bout those hornets sweetie?

BRHornet45
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
How bout those hornets sweetie?

ah son they slipped up the last two games, but still own your good ole boys. you better hope and pray we don't meet in the playoffs ;)

ElNono
01-31-2011, 02:42 PM
ah son they slipped up the last two games, but still own your good ole boys. you better hope and pray we don't meet in the playoffs ;)

We're 2-2, and we already sent Capt West, CP3 and Janero Pargo packing after a vicious beatdown in your own house.

Sorry son, your gimmick team doesn't scare anybody.

nkdlunch
01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL at hornet fan

their city is about to turn into Cleveland 2.0 after CP3 bolts to the Knicks

BRHornet45
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
LOL at hornet fan

their city is about to turn into Cleveland 2.0 after CP3 bolts to the Knicks

son not as long as Mr. West is in the building

ElNono
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
As far as the op...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/cool_story_bro.gif

BRHornet45
01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
We're 2-2, and we already sent Capt West, CP3 and Janero Pargo packing after a vicious beatdown in your own house.

Sorry son, your gimmick team doesn't scare anybody.

son we match up better against the Spurs than any other team in the NBA this season ... don't lie .... you know its true and you know you're scared (and still mad about it)

hater
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
son not as long as Mr. West is in the building

Sorry to break it to you, West if no better than Antoine Jamison bro.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
So, no one answered the other question yet. Waiting for Jamstone or any Houston fan to chime in as well.

BRHornet45
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Sorry to break it to you, West if no better than Antoine Jamison bro.

lol this coming from someone who thinks a player who shoots .437% with 18PPG is right up there with Kobe and Wade???? .... LMAO!!!!

ElNono
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
son we match up better against the Spurs than any other team in the NBA this season ... don't lie .... you know its true and you know you're scared (and still mad about it)

Son, that you're scared of every other team in the NBA doesn't mean you "match up well" with us. :lol

It simply means we'll beat you up good but won't kick you when you're down.

If the playoff started tomorrow, I much rather play the Hornets than any of the other current playoffs seeds, with the exception being maybe Portland.

hater
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
lol this coming from someone who thinks a player who shoots .437% with 18PPG is right up there with Kobe and Wade???? .... LMAO!!!!

40-7

Concidentally, by this time next season the HOrnets will be around 7-40

Neal with it :toast

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
40-7

tee, hee.

DMC
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Their regular season one game championship against the Spurs was short lived. Now the Spurs are right back to where they were in the standings vs the Hornets.

You slip up on a shot, or on a coverage assignment. You don't slip up on 96 minutes of basketball.

DMC
01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Actually West is right up there with Kobe, they've both lost 2 in a row.

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 04:13 PM
- "West owns Manu."

- BR

ElNono
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
- "He's not qualified :cry :cry :cry"

- 'Seppe

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Chickenshit.

dunkman
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
As far as the op...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/cool_story_bro.gif

:lol . . .

Rummpd
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

Manu might not be Wade or Kobe but his PER is better than any other SG in the league and by the way last year his PER was higher than Kobe and by some metrics he is outplaying Kobe.

Bottom line - any team in the NBA would drool at having an unselfish player like Manu on it who also plays fine defense by the way.

4>0rings
01-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Should of followed him outside when he left, broke a bottle over his head, and kicked him to the ground.

Cessation
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
lol at this bum west being better than ginobli

Blue Duck
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
It appears as though the question initially asked by Le_Heat Fan hasn't been answered here, so I'll take a shot. Afterall, I've pondered this myself occasionally this season.

I remember the 95 Rockets very well. I was a college kid at SWT in San Marcos at the time and there were quite a few Rockets fans there, from H-town. For those who don't recall, the Western Conference was just ridiculously stacked at that time. The Rockets were the defending champs, and in order to reach the finals, they had to get past Stockton and Malone's Jazz (60-22), then Barkely's Suns (59-23; I'm going strictly off memory so forgive me if I'm off) before finally meeting my beloved Spurs in the WCF (62-20). The Rockets featured Hakeem as their centerpiece and he was surrounded by gritty, tough-minded and wiley players who all seemed to have been blessed with the "clutch gene", especially when it mattered the most; Clyde Drexler, Robert Horry, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassel, and of course, Mario "Junkyard Dawg" Ellie. As a team, they shot the ball from the 3-pt line like it was a layup drill.

I see very few similarities between that team and the current Lakers. Of course, they both have unbelievably gifted superstars leading them, but Hakeem was peaking at that time. During the '94/95' seasons, he went from great to unworldly. Kobe has been there before, but he's clearly not the same player he was 4 or 5 yrs ago. Don't get me wrong, he's still deadly, but for those of you who remember the '95' Rockets, I'm sure you'll agree, Hakeem's game, at that time, was just sick!!! He was dialed in. Jordan did for years, but I'm not sure even he reached that plateau that Hakeem sat upon briefly for roughly 2 yrs.

Secondly, those guys were led by Rudy "Never Under-estimate the Heart of a Champion" Tomjonovich. He was an emotianal coach who wore his heart on his sleeve. His players loved him and the whole team was like a family. The importance of this type of locker room atmosphere cannot be overstated when a team is attempting to pull off the impossible, which is what the '95' Rockets did. The lakers are great, but they have never had this type of bond. Anyone who can read between the lines can tell you that Kobe's relationship with Phil hovers somewhere between business associates and frosty, depending on the state of the team. I'm not saying this approach can't work, it has for them. But not when they're the underdog. they don't rally in those situations, they become irritable, accusatory and eventually implode.

Anyways, that's my take, Go Spurs.

sendman
02-01-2011, 03:41 AM

One thing is sure, YOU won't meet anybody in any playoffs.

Yorae
02-01-2011, 04:33 AM
Oh how I fucking want to meet hornets in the playoffs...

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:55 AM
...got a work out better than 2010 when you met the Suns.

tee, hee.

Jt.ONE
02-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I ask you this because I honestly don't know much of the championship Pistons in 2004 and the Rockets of 95 IIRC,two teams who eventually won the NBA Finals as a low seeded team. What particular traits or character those teams have in common to this current Laker squad? Can the Lakers really not care about HCA and still willfully win a third championship? Better yest, since this is a Spurs site, can the Lakers easily walk over Duncan and Blair?

the pistons where 2nd seeded in the east that season my man