PDA

View Full Version : Kupchak getting ready to pull out the magic wand?

j.dizzle
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
:lol The lakers ballboy for CP3 or D.Will would be prety nice. I wonder if he's just trying to scare the players into playing harder or really looking to move some ppl.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Jelloisjigglin
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Do it Mitch! Walton, picks, + filler for Melo.

Legit trade, no doubt about it :hat

j.dizzle
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Bynum & Ron Ron for Melo & Nene doesnt sound too bad if it would work. Melo & Kobe are actually really good friends

Jelloisjigglin
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Bynum & Ron Ron for Melo & Nene doesnt sound too bad if it would work. Melo & Kobe are actually really good friends

I'd consider that but i doubt Denver would. Artest has been terrible and is only going to get worse with age. His contract is terrible as well. Still another 3+years on that deal.

jestersmash
01-31-2011, 08:49 PM

:lol @ being so nonchalant about such a lopsided trade.

DJ Mbenga
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
that would be a great deal. which is why it isnt happening

mindcrime
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM

Denver may pull the trigger for Bynum and LO, not Artest.

Cessation
01-31-2011, 09:17 PM
It appears PJ and kupchuk are "alarmed". I thought its only the regular season and they coasting, lol.

baseline bum
01-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Sounds pretty awful for Denver.

awktalk
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
This is pure posturing, trying to get his team motivated.

What planet are you from? Maybe the Lakers could also get Billups and Affalo if they throw in Ratliff. Laker fan is so funny.

Koolaid_Man
01-31-2011, 10:31 PM

What planet are you from? Maybe the Lakers could also get Billups and Affalo if they throw in Ratliff. Laker fan is so funny.

Koolaid goes on a rant and Mitch Responds...just like that...I get shit done...:lol

ElNono
01-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Koolaid goes on a rant and Mitch Responds...just like that...I get shit done...:lol

Mitch sounds kinda desperate, tbh, and so do you... :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Mitch sounds kinda desperate, tbh, and so do you... :lol

Like I said to us Champs it's business as usual to losers like SA fans it's panic and desperation. Your perspective is skewed...:lol

NRHector
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Lakers still need to have a players-only-meeting :lol before they go in the panic mode

ElNono
01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Like I said to us Champs it's business as usual to losers like SA fans it's panic and desperation. Your perspective is skewed...:lol

:lol You're seething bro...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171449

Don't play the don't care card... Mitch doesn't.

Spur_Fanatic
01-31-2011, 10:42 PM

Lakers have more chances offering a two-weeks old Big Mac than that.

NRHector
01-31-2011, 10:45 PM
calling all The Grizzlies to the rescue, calling all The Grizzlies to the rescue

DMC
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Yep, no one else even noticed the slack in LA.

jjktkk
01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Lakers still need to have a players-only-meeting :lol before they go in the panic mode

+1. PJ is gonna ask for someone to volunteer and be the defensive stopper. :lol

jjktkk
01-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Just to make sure, Is Jerry West still retired? :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Yep, no one else even noticed the slack in LA.

DMC I got the goods on you baby...:lol

6kvjtf_W0cc

DPG21920
01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Kool getting excited for "magic wands"

NRHector
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
+1. PJ is gonna ask for someone to volunteer and be the defensive stopper. :lollet's not forget that he still needs to go the media and make comments so his players can play better

Mister Sinister
01-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Kool getting excited for "magic wands"
:lol Damn, beat me to it.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Stephen A. Smith just returned to ESPN and Kupchak showing signs that he's making a trade. Hmmm...

DPG21920
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Stephen A. Smith just returned to ESPN and Kupchak showing signs that he's making a trade. Hmmm...

The NBA is getting more scripted than the WWE.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2011, 11:14 PM
"Luke Walton is a bonafide scrub! No disrespect whatsoever, but he can't play!"

Can't wait :lmao

cobbler
02-01-2011, 12:00 AM

Exactly! Nothing more. :toast

Agloco
02-01-2011, 09:08 AM
:lol The lakers ballboy for CP3 or D.Will would be prety nice. I wonder if he's just trying to scare the players into playing harder or really looking to move some ppl.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I'm sure the call is already in to their Memphis farm team.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
It maybe motivational, but I think he should consider a move ...not a huge one. Unless a great bargain falls in to our laps, but we need something. PJ and Mitch said the EXACT thing I said after Sunday losing to elite teams is not the problem ...losing to elite teams AT HOME is the concern. If you cant defend your homecourt how are you going to have big playoff wins on the road?
Blake and Barnes were supposed to be the spark to boost a "bored" team, but Barnes is hurt and Blake (though not as awful as some state here) has not been enough. If the suns gave up on the season Grant Hill would be a great move ...he helps defensively, great passer, has played in an offense similar to the triangle and even at his advanced age adds speed and play-making ability.Plus he is a "hungry" vet that can STILL play.

I think Melo "type" moves are a pipe dream and i would hate to see LO or Pau go ...dont want to lose Bynum either, but if we got back a star I would welcome that with open arms ...but our defense may be worse ...like i said if we cant muster up the resolve on Tuesday and Thursday then i will be more apt to make a move ... right now? ... just "concerned" not in panic or crisis mode.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Hill stated yesterday he doesn't want to uproot his family. He's here and he won't budge and he's content without a ring. That's what he said and he was firm about it.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Hill stated yesterday he doesn't want to uproot his family. He's here and he won't budge and he's content without a ring. That's what he said and he was firm about it.

I dont doubt him. If that move came it would have to start with the Suns , i doubt he would do it on his own volition.

But people have said that (like Camby) and then he loved Portland now he says the same thing he said in Denver he does not want to up root his family from Portland, like he said he did not want to leave the Clippers before that.

Point is, when you get in a better situation you may change your mind. Plus Arizona and L.A. are pretty close ...travel between is pretty easy I have driven and flown that plenty of times, but I know his wife battles illness, a move maybe even tougher for him.

Hey, it's not like he is the one piece that = a 3peat just giving an example of a smaller move that could be a big help.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm sure the call is already in to their Memphis farm team.

Gasol recharged!

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 11:35 AM
:lmao at Kobe needing more help to win a ring. $90,000,000, a top tier post player, the next great center, and one of the best bench players in the league isn't enough.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
At least Kobe has repeated, three times.

Duncan is bereft in that department, Cry, and you know it, sassafras.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
:lmao at Kobe needing more help to win a ring. $90,000,000, a top tier post player, the next great center, and one of the best bench players in the league isn't enough.

You can LOL all you want I dont give a flying fyuck about Kobe's legacy?! I care about the franchise i have followed for almost 30 years above any player. ALL i care about is titles.

You think Heat fans gives a shit about having Wade, Lebron and Bosh?
Did Celts fans complain that Bird had Mchale, Parish and DJ?

Or that we Laker fans down-grade magic for Kareem, scott and Worthy?

Titles are all that matter and repeating, twice is much more difficult ...(something you probably dont get, because you havent seen it up close)
I will take any help we can get ...

Voice of Reason
02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4pjy26f

I don't think the Pistons would ever do it but one can only hope..

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
You can LOL all you want I dont give a flying fyuck about Kobe's legacy?! I care about the franchise i have followed for almost 30 years above any player. ALL i care about is titles.

Titles are all that matter and repeating, twice is much more difficult ...(something you probably dont get, because you havent seen it up close)

That's because you're a Lakers fan first, not a Kobe knob-slobber. Can you say the same for most of your insecure brethren?

mindcrime
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM

:tu

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
That's because you're a Lakers fan first, not a Kobe knob-slobber. Can you say the same for most of your insecure brethren?

Not sure, but I would trade even Kobe for the right price. There are no "sacred cows" obviously I dont want to see Kobe trade and I would expect Wade, Dwight or some other SUPERstar in return ... but anything that betters the franchise I am for.

I was ALMOST ready for the Deng package or a Dirk package if Kobe didnt stop bitching ...

Agloco
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Killa with the goods. :toast

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure, but I would trade even Kobe for the right price. There are no "sacred cows" obviously I dont want to see Kobe trade and I would expect Wade, Dwight or some other SUPERstar in return ... but anything that betters the franchise I am for.

I was ALMOST ready for the Deng package or a Dirk package if Kobe didnt stop bitching ...

If you guys hadDirk, you could have trotted out a lineup of Fisher, Dirk, Odom, Gasol, Bynum, just for kicks. :lol

Greg Oden
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Rudy Gay sounds like a nice fix, tbh.

dunkman
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
"Do it Mitch" will pull another Gasol goes to Hollywood trade. . . some bona fide scrubs (VJJ & Walton), a pine rider rookie, a second rounder and a late first rounder and the Lakers get: CP3 from the NBA Hornets.

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
"Regular season doesn't matter... but we're panicking anyway."

:lol

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 12:59 PM

I admit it, I was for that [Deng package like my Luva was.] I figured:::let someone else pay the freight on Bryant there. We'd skimmed off all the cream.

I was wrong.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I admit it, I was for that [Deng package like my Luva was.] I figured:::let someone else pay the freight on Bryant there. We'd skimmed off all the cream.

I was wrong.

Of course it worked out well for us but just saying even though Kobe is my CURRENT favorite Laker he is not "untradeable"

And like i said I am not in panic mode. I have not asked for a major move ...only a minor one. Regular season doesnt mean a lot but you still dont want to have to make a title run as anything lower than a third seed a 2 seed would be even better ...

I have not advocated trading Pau, kobe, LO or Bynum which is the core of the team ...

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Of course it worked out well for us but just saying even though Kobe is my CURRENT favorite Laker he is not "untradeable"

And like i said I am not in panic mode. I have not asked for a major move ...only a minor one. Regular season doesnt mean a lot but you still dont want to have to make a title run as anything lower than a third seed a 2 seed would be even better ...

I have not advocated trading Pau, kobe, LO or Bynum which is the core of the team ...

We owe Bryant now. I can see that now.

He has not made a false move since he quit in the Phoenix Series.

He went after Buss and made the old man live up to his word. It had to be that way. He signed off on Jackson's return after Jackson wrote that unconscionable book. To this day I marvel at Bryant's grace there. That book was painful and embarassing to comprehend. How Kobe found the inner strength to move past it is beyond me. I hold a grudge forever over hard Tootsie Rolls at QT for Christ sakes.

He signed off on the Artest acquisition because he knew that Odom wanted it, needed it, and was owed it after Florida in '09. Kobe didn't begrudge because it wasn't his idea. He embraced it on Odom's behalf.

Bryant fights mental illness. We all have our demons, our battle(s). I admire him for fighting his in the open.

I forsaked him once. I'll never do it again. Ever.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
we owe bryant now. I can see that now.

He has not made a false move since he quit in the phoenix series.

He went after buss and made the old man live up to his word. It had to be that way. He signed off on jackson's return after jackson wrote that unconscionable book. To this day i marvel at bryant's grace there. That book was painful and embarassing to comprehend. How kobe found the inner strength to move past it is beyond me. i hold a grudge forever over hard tootsie rolls at qt for christ sakes.
he signed off on the artest acquisition because he knew that odom wanted it, needed it, and was owed it after florida in '09. Kobe didn't begrudge because it wasn't his idea. He embraced it on odom's behalf.

bryant fights mental illness. We all have our demons, our battle(s). I admire him for fighting his in the open.

i forsaked him once. I'll never do it again. ever.

1. Lol
2. Wtf?
3. Lol?!

ElNono
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
We owe Bryant now. I can see that now.

He has not made a false move since he quit in the Phoenix Series.

He went after Buss and made the old man live up to his word. It had to be that way. He signed off on Jackson's return after Jackson wrote that unconscionable book. To this day I marvel at Bryant's grace there. That book was painful and embarassing to comprehend. How Kobe found the inner strength to move past it is beyond me. I hold a grudge forever over hard Tootsie Rolls at QT for Christ sakes.

He signed off on the Artest acquisition because he knew that Odom wanted it, needed it, and was owed it after Florida in '09. Kobe didn't begrudge because it wasn't his idea. He embraced it on Odom's behalf.

Bryant fights mental illness. We all have our demons, our battle(s). I admire him for fighting his in the open.

I forsaked him once. I'll never do it again. Ever.

Did you lock Katie-girl in the basement again? What's with all this prose today? :lol

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Did you lock Katie-girl in the basement again? What's with all this prose today? :lol

I don't know, I'm just shovelin' like crazy.

I may even have a Kori Poem in me.

z0sa
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Kobe's body and ego need the magic transformation. Phil overplaying Pau early on for essential no reason is a head scratcher, though.

z0sa
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I may even have a Kori Poem in me.

"may" ??

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
"may" ??

a princess

dark eyes hold
lips invite
lines exquisite
tendrils caress
hands shield treasures
time forgotten
arms so girlish
slender traces
alabaster deliverance
the girl, the girl
The Princess

- Cubby

crc21209
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
After all the criticism the Lakers received after stealing Pau Gasol for free, I'm not too sure any team would wanna deal with the Lakers now. That and seriously, who wants to make them even better?

ChrisRichards
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
That and seriously, who wants to make them even better?
Memphis. They're the Lakers NBDL team. Watch them ship Marc Gasol for Caracter, Ebanks & Joe Smith.

crc21209
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Memphis. They're the Lakers NBDL team. Watch them ship Marc Gasol for Caracter, Ebanks & Joe Smith.

I think even they may have learned their lesson....:lol

z0sa
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I think even they may have learned their lesson....:lol

LOL. No way in hell Memphis fan looks back on that Javaris Crittenton/Kwame/Marc Gasol trade for their franchise player and face of the franchise with angst. They undoubtedly think it was a great trade, in fact.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Z, just for shits & giggles, you're a Memphis die hard and I offer you Pau for Marc straight up today (salary rules don't apply for the sake of this query).

You in?

I'm in.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
The greatest PG in NBA History and the Laker franchise greatest player has spoken:

LOS ANGELES -- A day after Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said he would consider a trade amid the team's recent struggles, Magic Johnson said on Tuesday the Lakers need to make a deal to improve a team he believes isn't good enough to win a championship.

"I think we have to," Johnson said. "We have to do something. The Lakers are not responding and two things showed me that -- the Miami Heat Christmas game and then the Boston Celtics game [on Sunday]. When you don't get up for your two biggest games during the season and you have flat performances, then you have to start looking at trade possibilities to improve the team and bring some energy to the team and bring some new life to the team."

z0sa
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
LOL Magic conveniently avoiding to also mention the beatdown the Spurs, AKA best team in the L, put down on em.

ChrisRichards
02-01-2011, 04:34 PM
"We"?

I thought Magic is no longer a Laker?

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 04:34 PM
So we have:

West
Mitch
PJ
Magic

All questioning the team. With Bynum out do they sweep the texas teams they face this week? If not a deal needs to be made ...not a Gasol trade but a move to re-energize the team.

I was arguing with aheat fan at work yesterday, when was the last time a team made 4 straight finals? IIRC that was the Lakers in 82, 83, 84 and 85 ...they lost in 83 and 84 ...

That team was energized by worthy and Scott who replaced Norm and wilkes ...thi steam went the other way and got older. That worked last year not sure it will work this year ...

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
The greatest PG in NBA History and the Laker franchise greatest player has spoken:

LOS ANGELES -- A day after Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said he would consider a trade amid the team's recent struggles, Magic Johnson said on Tuesday the Lakers need to make a deal to improve a team he believes isn't good enough to win a championship.

"I think we have to," Johnson said. "We have to do something. The Lakers are not responding and two things showed me that -- the Miami Heat Christmas game and then the Boston Celtics game [on Sunday]. When you don't get up for your two biggest games during the season and you have flat performances, then you have to start looking at trade possibilities to improve the team and bring some energy to the team and bring some new life to the team."

I'm flabbergasted. I still agree it's a ruse, but, it is startling nonetheless.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Magic may suck as a late night talkshow host and broadcaster but when it comes to winning titles and recognizing success in sports and business ther have been few men in his class.

So i reverse my field ...if Magic says we are not good enough I believe him. I was giving the team this week to right the ship ... but when my all-time favorite athlete says we are NOT worthy then I must defer to his wisdom.

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
The Lakers have one tradeable chip(Bynum) and an old team with alot of bad contracts. If the Laker's Kupchak can pulloff a trade to markedly improve this current Lakers team, my hats off to em.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Magic may suck as a late night talkshow host and broadcaster but when it comes to winning titles and recognizing success in sports and business ther have been few men in his class.

So i reverse my field ...if Magic says we are not good enough I believe him. I was giving the team this week to right the ship ... but when my all-time favorite athlete says we are NOT worthy then I must defer to his wisdom.

Food for thought.

---------

So, Killa, you do indeed think it's not a faint to inspire the team, that they're actually on the phones?

crc21209
02-01-2011, 04:51 PM

The guy always has to have something to say, whats new? :lol Too bad the guy sold his piece of the Lakers already....

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
The Lakers don't need magic. They were within 4 points with 5 minutes to go in the Boston game.

That's when two things happened:

1) Kobe went "fuck the triangle" mode and decided 1 on 3 was more appropriate. He took bad shots

2) Bynum/Gasol didn't run their little fannies down the floor once Boston obtained the defensive rebound and pushed the ball, leading to an easy Boston bucket or two.

Solution: Tell Kobe to start running some god damned team-centric offense where the open man with the best look takes the shot, period. Kobe's teammates are at fault here because they didn't even bother to ask for any real offense to be run down the stretch. They merely assumed that Kobe was capable of 1 on 3 the rest of the way because he had a good shooting night. How fucking arrogant. Run some god damned offense. It really is that simple.

Tell everyone on the Lakers team (Bynum/Gasol, particularly) to run their asses down the floor once Boston secures a defensive rebound. Transition defense.

Just watch the last handful of possessions of the game. How many Lakers fans have watched this?

m1Sif23yJqQ

The problem is execution and poor transition defense, and everybody is to blame, including Kobe. The Lakers kept the game competitive with arguably the best team in basketball (Boston Celtics) up until 5 minutes left in the game. You don't need a trade. You need Phil to grow some balls and actually coach Kobe, for once, instead of letting him try to figure it out on his own.

This "Kobe-can-do-no-wrong" mentality of Lakers fans is just laughable. He made mistakes down the stretch. His teammates are to blame as well for not realizing it. You don't need a trade, you need to play team ball when the game is close.

Watch every Laker player not named Kobe on those last handful of possessions. They clearly don't feel like they are part of the offense, perhaps because they assume Kobe is going to do his own thing anyway. Everybody is to blame. Figure it out, it's really not that difficult.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
The Lakers don't need magic. They were within 4 points with 5 minutes to go in the Boston game.

That's when two things happened:

1) Kobe went "fuck the triangle" mode and decided 1 on 3 was more appropriate. He took bad shots

2) Bynum/Gasol didn't run their little fannies down the floor once Boston obtained the defensive rebound and pushed the ball, leading to an easy Boston bucket or two.

Solution: Tell Kobe to start running some god damned team-centric offense where the open man with the best look takes the shot, period. Kobe's teammates are at fault here because they didn't even bother to ask for any real offense to be run down the stretch. They merely assumed that Kobe was capable of 1 on 3 the rest of the way because he had a good shooting night. How fucking arrogant. Run some god damned offense. It really is that simple.

Tell everyone on the Lakers team (Bynum/Gasol, particularly) to run their asses down the floor once Boston secures a defensive rebound. Transition defense.

Just watch the last handful of possessions of the game. How many Lakers fans have watched this?

m1Sif23yJqQ

The problem is execution and poor transition defense, and everybody is to blame, including Kobe. The Lakers kept the game competitive with arguably the best team in basketball (Boston Celtics) up until 5 minutes left in the game. You don't need a trade. You need Phil to grow some balls and actually coach Kobe, for once, instead of letting him try to figure it out on his own.

This "Kobe-can-do-no-wrong" mentality of Lakers fans is just laughable. He made mistakes down the stretch. His teammates are to blame as well for not realizing it. You don't need a trade, you need to play team ball when the game is close.

Watch every Laker player not named Kobe on those last handful of possessions. They clearly don't feel like they are part of the offense, perhaps because they assume Kobe is going to do his own thing anyway. Everybody is to blame. Figure it out, it's really not that difficult.

Who thinks Kobe is not partly to blame? Or Phil? BUT I would not of run offense for Pau if he is gonna throw up soft fade away shots over smaller players ...

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Lakers don't have anything anyone wants really. No enticing draft picks, no real talent they can afford to let go & no enticing expiring contract.

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 05:22 PM
The above post is brilliant and spot on - Kobe is part of the issue and it would take balls (and I believe he has a no trade clause) but would it not be funny as hell if the Lakers swapped Kobe for Paul?

IMO Lakers become just as dangerous with Paul or Williams as Kobe as the assists from a top tier PG to their talented bigs would be sick! Moreover, we would get to see if Kobe could really lift a team to a title without a top 5-10 player on his side that year.

Seriously, though trading Bynum away would be stupid as he is their only starter under 30, still has immense potential, unless the medical staff has more worries about him then they let on.

My guess is that the Lakers are going to try to somehow get Nash - one other PG that would be a bargain but dangerous in the LAL system and even easier to get probably would be Devin Harris - he used to give the Spurs fits and is still in his prime.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Lakers don't have anything anyone wants really. No enticing draft picks, no real talent they can afford to let go & no enticing expiring contract.

How the Hell can we have an enticing draft pick, Deep, it'd be high 20s.

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Who thinks Kobe is not partly to blame? Or Phil? BUT I would not of run offense for Pau if he is gonna throw up soft fade away shots over smaller players ...

You don't necessarily run offense "for" any particular player. You run offense involving your best two players, get opposing team bodies moving around on the court, read the defense appropriately and take the appropriate shot (or pass, appropriately, to the open man).

I didn't see any of that on those possessions. Everybody cleared out for Kobe and Kobe went virtually 1 on 3 (sometimes 1 on 1). These are not good shots for Kobe. They aren't high percentage shots. We already know that. People who have bothered to keep track of Kobe's success/failures going 1 on 1 with the game on the line in 4th quarters are well aware that they simply aren't high percentage shots.

I'd like to think that a high P&R/S&R with Kobe-Pau might at least have given the Lakers (perhaps Kobe) a better look at the basket. Pau's not as worthless as most Lakers fans make him out to be. He's still considered a threat around the basket, believe it or not, and he's not nearly as inefficient as Lakers fans make him out to be. He doesn't even get the opportunity to potentially put his hands on the ends of games because Kobe wants to go 1 on 1. Who's fault is that? It's both Pau's and Kobe's faults, in my opinion.

I mean, if Phil/Kobe think Kobe going 1 on 1 is best for the team, then more power to Lakers' opponents. Lakers will continue losing in the last few minutes of close games because Kobe goes 1 on 1, and fans will continue to wonder why even when the answer is clear. Casual fans will look at "16-31" in the box score and assume Kobe couldn't have contributed at all to the loss.

Kobe played absolutely spectacularly for the first 43 minutes of the game. He is partly to blame for the Lakers loss for his play during the last 5 minutes. That's just how it is.

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh and as for your question "Who thinks Kobe is not partly to blame?" 95% of Lakers fans on this site and elsewhere, I'd presume.

That Boston game was supposedly one game where Kobe didn't do anything wrong, and it's supposedly asinine to place any sort of blame on him for the loss. They'll happily cite his terrific overall efficiency from the field and place the blame squarely on his teammates for supposedly "not wanting the ball."

How does Phil know that Kobe's teammates physically did not want the ball? Did they say that to him, or is he merely assuming? Or, is he playing his mindgames again and trying to subtly coach Kobe through postgame comments?

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
The above post is brilliant and spot on - Kobe is part of the issue and it would take balls (and I believe he has a no trade clause) but would it not be funny as hell if the Lakers swapped Kobe for Paul?

IMO Lakers become just as dangerous with Paul or Williams as Kobe as the assists from a top tier PG to their talented bigs would be sick! Moreover, we would get to see if Kobe could really lift a team to a title without a top 5-10 player on his side that year.

Seriously, though trading Bynum away would be stupid as he is their only starter under 30, still has immense potential, unless the medical staff has more worries about him then they let on.

My guess is that the Lakers are going to try to somehow get Nash - one other PG that would be a bargain but dangerous in the LAL system and even easier to get probably would be Devin Harris - he used to give the Spurs fits and is still in his prime.

LOL Lakers with Dwill or Paul would be more efficient but would have ZERO chance at a title ...

To win a title in the past 15 or so years you need:

Phil, pop, Doc, Riles, Rudy, Pop as coach

AND

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Wade or Hakeem as a star ...

Only exception The Larry Brown Pistons ...

A Bynum, paul Pau, brown and Artest squad may only get past the 2nd round ...

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I know Laker and basically non-spurs fans are going to hate me for using this clip, because they'll probably think it's tacky and that I'm trying to show everyone how "great" the spurs are, but sorry you'll just have to suck it up because it's the best I can find right now.

But this -

R7fj27NvDww

is just really pretty, basic, fundamental, "read the opposing defense and react accordingly" basketball at the end of a close game. Ginobili-Duncan pick and roll, Ginobili gives the ball up the moment Utah hedges him, leaving Duncan wide open, thus Gino passes.

Duncan goes to the rim, forcing RJ's defender to come help, leaving RJ open. So on and so forth. Spurs and Celtics do this type of shit all the time at the ends of games. All the fucking time. The shots don't always go in, but they are good, open shots.

Why can't Kobe do this with Pau? Kobe's more skilled than Ginobili. Pau is more skilled than Duncan.

If opposing team defenses are worried enough about Ginobili to hedge/double him like that and are worried enough about Duncan to help off of R.J., imagine how good it might work for L.A. with Kobe-Pau?

Maybe as a Spurs fan I'm just spoiled because I see this type of team-centric execution all the time down the stretch (though even Spurs will make mistakes, sometimes. Ginobili tried to go 1 on 1 to win the game against Boston a couple of weeks ago and failed, hard. He was blocked by Pierce. I blamed him for that play, and rightly so, despite the fact that he had a great overall game).

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
You don't necessarily run offense "for" any particular player. You run offense involving your best two players, get opposing team bodies moving around on the court, read the defense appropriately and take the appropriate shot (or pass, appropriately, to the open man).

I didn't see any of that on those possessions. Everybody cleared out for Kobe and Kobe went virtually 1 on 3 (sometimes 1 on 1). These are not good shots for Kobe. They aren't high percentage shots. We already know that. People who have bothered to keep track of Kobe's success/failures going 1 on 1 with the game on the line in 4th quarters are well aware that they simply aren't high percentage shots.

I'd like to think that a high P&R/S&R with Kobe-Pau might at least have given the Lakers (perhaps Kobe) a better look at the basket. Pau's not as worthless as most Lakers fans make him out to be. He's still considered a threat around the basket, believe it or not, and he's not nearly as inefficient as Lakers fans make him out to be. He doesn't even get the opportunity to potentially put his hands on the ends of games because Kobe wants to go 1 on 1. Who's fault is that? It's both Pau's and Kobe's faults, in my opinion.

I mean, if Phil/Kobe think Kobe going 1 on 1 is best for the team, then more power to Lakers' opponents. Lakers will continue losing in the last few minutes of close games because Kobe goes 1 on 1, and fans will continue to wonder why even when the answer is clear. Casual fans will look at "16-31" in the box score and assume Kobe couldn't have contributed at all to the loss.

Kobe played absolutely spectacularly for the first 43 minutes of the game. He is partly to blame for the Lakers loss for his play during the last 5 minutes. That's just how it is.

Could of left it at this ...

As far as the rest, I dont think Pau is useless ...in fact I would not be upset if a useless player (Walton) fails to show up in a big game.

But Pau is an all-star ...he has to SHOW up somehow someway ...Demand the ball. hit the boards they are plenty of ways to contribute ...and yes he is efficent very much so ...but I would take less efficency if he was more aggressive. what good is a high FG% and PER if you do not shoot enough?

Lamar can be quietly efficient because we are not counting on him as a primary scoring option

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Could of left it at this ...

As far as the rest, I dont think Pau is useless ...in fact I would not be upset if a useless player (Walton) fails to show up in a big game.

But Pau is an all-star ...he has to SHOW up somehow someway ...Demand the ball. hit the boards they are plenty of ways to contribute ...and yes he is efficent very much so ...but I would take less efficency if he was more aggressive. what good is a high FG% and PER if you do not shoot enough?

Lamar can be quietly efficient because we are not counting on him as a primary scoring option

I know I've quoted you so far but the message isn't really for you. I know you are among the most level-headed, rational Lakers fans on the board, so I'm preaching to the choir in a sense. The message is mostly for every other Laker fan going into panic mode (why? it's a regular season game, and no this isn't some sarcastic attempt at a troll post) wishing for a trade right now.

Had L.A. executed well at the end and won the Boston game, would Lakers fans still have thought that LA needs a trade to compete?

You were virtually tied with one of the top 2 teams in basketball for most of the game. You don't need a trade. It was just poor execution down the stretch (again, message isn't for you KillaKobe, I know you already know this).

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 05:44 PM
What can the LA hope to trade for without an expiring contract to offer that would make a difference?

Unless they want to give up Pau/Odom/Bynum, they aren't getting anything. They don't even have any proven young players they can give up or ones with enough upside.

I can't imagine anyone giving anything of value up for the reward of taking on Blake or Ron's contract.

NRHector
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I know Laker and basically non-spurs fans are going to hate me for using this clip, because they'll probably think it's tacky and that I'm trying to show everyone how "great" the spurs are, but sorry you'll just have to suck it up because it's the best I can find right now.

But this -

R7fj27NvDww

is just really pretty, basic, fundamental, "read the opposing defense and react accordingly" basketball at the end of a close game. Ginobili-Duncan pick and roll, Ginobili gives the ball up the moment Utah hedges him, leaving Duncan wide open, thus Gino passes.

Duncan goes to the rim, forcing RJ's defender to come help, leaving RJ open. So on and so forth. Spurs and Celtics do this type of shit all the time at the ends of games. All the fucking time. The shots don't always go in, but they are good, open shots.

Why can't Kobe do this with Pau? Kobe's more skilled than Ginobili. Pau is more skilled than Duncan.

If opposing team defenses are worried enough about Ginobili to hedge/double him like that and are worried enough about Duncan to help off of R.J., imagine how good it might work for L.A. with Kobe-Pau?

Maybe as a Spurs fan I'm just spoiled because I see this type of team-centric execution all the time down the stretch (though even Spurs will make mistakes, sometimes. Ginobili tried to go 1 on 1 to win the game against Boston a couple of weeks ago and failed, hard. He was blocked by Pierce. I blamed him for that play, and rightly so, despite the fact that he had a great overall game).that was a beautiful well planned play

JamStone
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah that Sasha expiring contract could have at least given the Lakers a chance at guys like Kirk Hinrich or Stephen Jackson. Right now, they don't really have anything to offer a team in a possible trade scenario.

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm no basketball expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I can recognize that Boston and San Antonio routinely go to a high pick and roll or screen and roll when the game is on the line.

People wonder why I scoff at the idea of Miami in the Finals over Boston? It's because Boston consistently plays team ball throughout the entire game, including the ends of close games, whereas Miami has too often relied on isolation plays for Lebron/Wade. Boston is 1st in pace-adjusted assists per 100 possessions. Miami is 27th. SA is 3rd. Lakers are 9th, which is still strong overall, but they seem to throw the "team" concept out the window when the game is close in lieu of Kobe 1 on 1 plays.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
....it's worked out well the last two Junes.

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
....it's worked out well the last two Junes.

It's certainly L.A.'s prerogative. You won't find me complaining come this June.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
It's certainly L.A.'s prerogative. You won't find me complaining come this June.

Your capitulation is duly noted.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM

But this -

R7fj27NvDww

Maybe as a Spurs fan I'm just spoiled because I see this type of team-centric execution all the time down the stretch (though even Spurs will make mistakes, sometimes. Ginobili tried to go 1 on 1 to win the game against Boston a couple of weeks ago and failed, hard. He was blocked by Pierce. I blamed him for that play, and rightly so, despite the fact that he had a great overall game).

I dont disagree ... The Myth of Kobe Bryant as a clutch player pretty much says the same thinsg as what you posted only better. But even that article has flaws ...

The point is you are right you are used to the spurs way whic is effective and have won your team titles. But so has Phil. In fact because he does go to Kobe (and Shaq and MJ before Kobe) so often ...it allows the Fish, horry, Kerr, Paxsons to hit most of the biggest shots on his title teams. So do I think the Lakers need a a minor move to win this year? Yes.
Do i advocate breaking up the core? No. Do I think PJ's/Kobe style is effective? Hell yes!! we have won the past two titles.

win one this year and get back to me ...with these clips of of how effective the spurs run offense because IIRC none of these plays ended with a victory vs the suns last playoff ...

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 05:58 PM
LOL Lakers with Dwill or Paul would be more efficient but would have ZERO chance at a title ...

To win a title in the past 15 or so years you need:

Phil, pop, Doc, Riles, Rudy, Pop as coach

AND

Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Wade or Hakeem as a star ...

Only exception The Larry Brown Pistons ...

A Bynum, paul Pau, brown and Artest squad may only get past the 2nd round ...

Moot point as: 1) Kobe has a no trade clause; and 2) he is the franchise and one of the true superstars in the game, and will not be traded.

However, Kobe NEVER won a damm thing either without either Shaq and/or one of the top tier front courts ever in the league with Gasol/Bynum/Odom; but in a fantasy world it would be very interesting to see how the very best of the NBA PGs such as Paul or Williams could take the Lakers and such a frontline without Kobe.

One of those two through FA or a sign and trade during the year before their FA - may get a chance anyway with Kobe sometime in the not too distant future, but by that time he may not be the player he is today and who knows about the rest of the team by that point.

Question for LAL fans - if the Suns said we offer you Nash for say Odom and Artest + whatever it takes to get the salary right do you do that deal? Odom has been the one constantly great player most of the year for LAL IMO so I would have to think about that one????

Also LAL fans how much would you truly give up to get Melo?

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
that was a beautiful well planned play

And yes I agree ..I would run this if I coach a team this year ...

j.dizzle
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I wish the Lakers were classy & played team ball like the Spurs.:depressed

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I wish the Lakers were classy & played team ball like the Spurs.:depressed

Me too ..lol. Damn that Kobe needing help from a good big man to win ...Oh wait Spurs won with a good big man (two in fact fo r the first two) and or the help of some of the best international players of the past decade ...

what was the point again? LOL

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I dont disagree ... The Myth of Kobe Bryant as a clutch player pretty much says the same thinsg as what you posted only better. But even that article has flaws ...

The point is you are right you are used to the spurs way whic is effective and have won your team titles. But so has Phil. In fact because he does go to Kobe (and Shaq and MJ before Kobe) so often ...it allows the Fish, horry, Kerr, Paxsons to hit most of the biggest shots on his title teams. So do I think the Lakers need a a minor move to win this year? Yes.
Do i advocate breaking up the core? No. Do I think PJ's/Kobe style is effective? Hell yes!! we have won the past two titles.

win one this year and get back to me ...with these clips of of how effective the spurs run offense because IIRC none of these plays ended with a victory vs the suns last playoff ...

That's a moot point. Why? Because Kobe and Pau are far more talented than Ginobili and Duncan. Everybody knows that.

I'm suggesting that Kobe and Pau might be more effective running sets than Kobe going 1 on 1.

I'm not suggesting that Ginobili/Duncan running sets is more effective than Kobe going 1 on 1, because that doesn't control for talent. Kobe is far more talented than both Ginobili and Duncan. That doesn't change the fact that running a set might be more optimal for the team. That's my point.

When the Spurs lose this year, it won't debunk my hypothesis necessarily. I'm merely suggesting that Phil might be prudent in calling more sets down the stretch instead of isolation plays for Kobe.

It's worked in the past and has won you championships because it was enough to overcome the opposition. That doesn't necessarily suggest that it was the most optimal/efficient way to run plays down the stretch. That's what I'm saying.

Right now, here and now, Kobe 1 on 1 clearly didn't work for at least 1 game down the stretch. It'll be interesting to see if Kobe is at least willing to try something different (p&r/s&r with Pau) during a playoff series and whether or not it will be too late once he decides to try something different.

Hey, if what he's doing now ends up working for him, more power to him.

S.A. losing is a moot point, though, because it doesn't control for the fact that Kobe is simply a far superior player.

NRHector
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Me too ..lol. Damn that Kobe needing help from a good big man to win ...Oh wait Spurs won with a good big man (two in fact fo r the first two) and or the help of some of the best international players of the past decade ...

what was the point again? LOLyes sir and your Lakers with the help of West, Stern and let's not forget your farm team Grizzlies, what were you saying again?

LnGrrrR
02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
That last six possessions video was kinda startling. Surprised PJ didn't call a timeout and set up a screen or something similar. Bynum just squatted by the paint, not moving. Poor Steve Blake kept running around the court to no avail. Fisher waited listlessly at the top of the arc. Strange.

#2!
02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I would not of run offense for Pau if he is gonna throw up soft fade away shots over smaller players ...

Watch the video if you didn't the first time because that's pretty much what Kobe was doing. He had Ray Allen on him, and although he didn't completely avoid attacking the rim (where he put up a double pump shot in traffic, and then fouled later on) he ended up doing his best Dirk impression most of those plays - high post 1 on 1, dribbling but going nowhere and then tossing in a few pumpfakes once he realizes Allen has, by some miracle, managed to stay on him and then throws up the fadeaway anyways.

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
That's a moot point. Why? Because Kobe and Pau are far more talented than Ginobili and Duncan. Everybody knows that.

I'm suggesting that Kobe and Pau might be more effective running sets than Kobe going 1 on 1.

I'm not suggesting that Ginobili/Duncan running sets is more effective than Kobe going 1 on 1, because that doesn't control for talent. Kobe is far more talented than both Ginobili and Duncan. That doesn't change the fact that running a set might be more optimal for the team. That's my point.

When the Spurs lose this year, it won't debunk my hypothesis necessarily. I'm merely suggesting that Phil might be prudent in calling more sets down the stretch instead of isolation plays for Kobe.

It's worked in the past and has won you championships because it was enough to overcome the opposition. That doesn't necessarily suggest that it was the most optimal/efficient way to run plays down the stretch. That's what I'm saying.

Right now, here and now, Kobe 1 on 1 clearly didn't work for at least 1 game down the stretch. It'll be interesting to see if Kobe is at least willing to try something different (p&r/s&r with Pau) during a playoff series and whether or not it will be too late once he decides to try something different.

Hey, if what he's doing now ends up working for him, more power to him.

S.A. losing is a moot point, though, because it doesn't control for the fact that Kobe is simply a far superior player.

Kobe and Pau more talented than Duncan and Manu is a fair statement but NOT BY MUCH NOW and certainly not in the prime of Duncan and at least on a per minute basis Manu has played at the level of Kobe the last few years and by nba.com was the clutchest player in the league. http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html Kobe was not even top ten using these metrics.

Kobe is superior to Manu but NOT FAR SUPERIOR as either a team or individual player. By PER Manu actually outperformed Kobe in the regular season at the SG last year by the way: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg/year/2010

This year Kobe is #1 and Manu 3rd in the league but the difference is not much: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

Notice that Manu also has a higher TS% this year - he does not force things as Bryant sometimes does.

When healthy and rested Duncan and Manu are not that far behind Kobe and Gasol even today. Gasol is 9th among all players in the West and Duncan is 14th and Duncan is rebounding better than Gasol and also blocks more shots than Gasol per game DESPITE FEWER MINUTES http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avgRebounds/year/2011/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks

Gasol currently shoots a little better than Duncan and has 3.8 ASG vs. Duncan at 3.1 ASG despite about 5 minutes less a game.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/index.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/pau_gasol/index.html

Bottom line is that many people even Spurs fans over-estimate the drop off off Duncan and also underestimate how great Manu is - he is not Kobe Bryant but outside of D. Wade is the next best thing in the league.

A primary reason the Spurs are 40-7 and the Lakers are 33-15 Is that Duncan and Manu are playing more team oriented ball this year as well as getting more help from other players but they deserve a lot of credit - particularily Duncan for not complaining about not being the centerpiece while Gasol seems to be fading as Bryant takes over the offense more and more again.

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 06:27 PM
FaYiX8B5n3I

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Kinda sounding alittle defensive and butthurt with this statement tbh. If you think that this years version of the Spurs is the same as last years Spurs squad, your really not paying attention. If you've watched the Spurs this year, and with you being a legit BB and Laker fan, I'm sure you've have, you will have noticed a completely different Spurs team offensively, with Pop playing with to the strengths of this Spurs team, which is their depth of perimeter players. The Lakers, so far this season, are beginning to show their age on the defensive side of the ball, particularly the pg position. Can the Lakers improve with a trade? Debatable, but it helps that that the Lakers owner has deep pockets and would take on bad contracts, if it improves the Lakers. Are the Lakers just coasting and can they just turn on the switch? Debatable, and risky because, while the Lakers are a great team, they are not a dominant team. I respect the Lakers, but definitely don't fear them.

jestersmash
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Kobe and Pau more talented than Duncan and Manu is a far statement but NOT BY MUCH NOW and certainly not in the prime of Duncan and at least on a per minute basis Manu has played at the level of Kobe the last few years and by nba.com was the clutchest player in the league. http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html Kobe was not even top ten using these metrics.

Kobe is superior to Manu but NOT FAR SUPERIOR as either a team or individual player. By PER Manu actually outperformed Kobe in the regular season at the SG last year by the way: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg/year/2010

This year Kobe is #1 and Manu 3rd in the league but the difference is not much: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

Notice that Manu also has a higher TS% this year - he does not force things as Bryant sometimes does.

When healthy and rested Duncan and Manu are not that far behind Kobe and Gasol even today. Gasol is 9th among all players in the West and Duncan is 14th and Duncan is rebounding better than Gasol and also blocks more shots than Gasol per game DESPITE FEWER MINUTES http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avgRebounds/year/2011/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks

Gasol currently shoots a little better than Duncan and has 3.8 ASG vs. Duncan at 3.1 ASG despite about 5 minutes less a game.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/index.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/pau_gasol/index.html

Bottom line is that many people even Spurs fans over-estimate the drop off off Duncan and also underestimate how great Manu is - he is not Kobe Bryant but outside of D. Wade is the next best thing in the league.

I'd rather not turn this into a "Manu isn't that much worse than Kobe; hell, he's actually more efficient overall!" thread. It's been discussed up the ass already in plenty of other threads.

I didn't bother making careful distinctions between just how much better Kobe is than Manu because it wasn't necessary for the purposes of my post. The only necessary piece of information is that Kobe is overall the better player. And, again, the only point of bringing that up was to demonstrate how S.A. losing won't debunk my hypothesis that sets are more efficient than superstar isolation plays.

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
jestersmash - fair point and you made a number of astute observations in your post.

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd rather not turn this into a "Manu isn't that much worse than Kobe; hell, he's actually more efficient overall!" thread. It's been discussed up the ass already in plenty of other threads.

I didn't bother making careful distinctions between just how much better Kobe is than Manu because it wasn't necessary for the purposes of my post. The only necessary piece of information is that Kobe is overall the better player. And, again, the only point of bringing that up was to demonstrate how S.A. losing won't debunk my hypothesis that sets are more efficient than superstar isolation plays.

Well said. :tu

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
You guys can chase your elbows round your assholes till the cows come home.

We rang, two Junes consecutive.

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
You guys can chase your elbows round your assholes till the cows come home.

We rang, two Junes consecutive.

MOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5529/cowfail2.jpg

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Just checkin' assholes.

It's been awhile.

dbestpro
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Bynum, Blake and Walton for Randolf and Mayo.

Memphis will do it. Will LA?

NRHector
02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Just checkin' assholes.

It's been awhile.what's your obssesion with men's buttocks culby?

Agloco
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Just checkin' assholes.

It's been awhile.

No need to fib here. If this is a favorite pastime of yours, just sack up and own that shit.

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
No need to fib here. If this is a favorite pastime of yours, just sack up and own that shit.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Now I got all three of you guys up my ass at the same time.

21_Blessings
02-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Bynum, Blake and Walton for Randolf and Mayo.

Memphis will do it. Will LA?

No, LA would not.

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Now I got all three of you guys up my ass at the same time.

I believe Luva posted somewhere on here that the Culby could really take alot of abuse, but I thought he was pertaining to basketball issues.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
No, LA would not.

How come, Bless?

I mean would you do it, Bless?

usdane
02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I think we can get our hands on Mayo. We have a 5.5 trade exception from the Sasha trade.

Not sure if you can use the exception together with picks and players in a trade. They have a few players to resign this off season like Marc Gasol and Zach R so taking Mayo's contract could help them. They may be motivated given his suspension and resent fight.

21_Blessings
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
How come, Bless?

I mean would you do it, Bless?

The Lakers value Bynum more than Randolph, I can promise that. At least Andrew hasn't had micro-fracture and is still young if we want to the injury perspective route.

Mayo is rubbish. The next Isiah Rider without ever being considered good.

sefant77
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Easy...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6528w5e

dunkman
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
After the Duncan's rookie season, the Spurs talked to DRob to run the offense trough Duncan and by the second season the Spurs won the first of 4 championships. But this year, we see the offense being run more by Manu and Parker.

Phil's triangle has always got open looks and good shots for the Bulls and the Lakers. However, Kobe has lost a step, and he was overrated in his prime too, and the Lakers aren't always playing to their current strengths. Gasol has made some criticism recently on his web site about that. There is no reason to have Kobe take the same number of shots as Gasol / Odom / Bynum combined.

When Kobe goes 1:1 those are low percentage shots and right now the Lakers can't play good perimeter defense to cover up the deficient offensive execution. Bynum has improved the interior defense, which helps clog the line and change shots, but he seems to be injured again and with rule changes it's not easy to contest shots how the fouls are called plus the defensive 3 seconds.

Fisher had to yell at Kobe during the game 7 of the 2010 finals, because he was to shot the Lakers out of the finals. It's not that that 1:1 works great for the Lakers.

That being said, the Lakers can miraculously pull trades that get them franchise players without giving up anything of value, so it's the easiest way to get a huge talent differences with the rest of the NBA teams, which worked for them the last two titles.

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I can't believe no one has shopped Mitch with the "magic wand"

21_Blessings
02-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Sc:lolla.

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
:lmao off at these whiners.

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Sc:lolla.

cobbler
02-02-2011, 02:11 AM
That being said, the Lakers can miraculously pull trades that get them franchise players without giving up anything of value, so it's the easiest way to get a huge talent differences with the rest of the NBA teams, which worked for them the last two titles.

Trades have to match monetarily. Trade worked out well for both teams. Funny how in one sentence you all say they gave nothing up of value, and yet now we hear about how the Lakers are fucked because they have no "valuable" expiring contracts. Haters just love to waver.

And yet... tanking will always be tanking. :toast

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Cobby, per usual the voice of reason & moderation in Championship times.

DJ Mbenga
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM
no to the memphis trade. i think its more likely because both are gone in FA