PDA

View Full Version : Which Laker will be traded?

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 09:35 PM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Lakers officially entered crisis mode Monday, when general manager Mitch Kupchak told NBA.com that the recent poor play by the two-time defending champions may drive him to make a trade to shake up an underachieving roster.

"Regarding a trade, I may have to," Kupchak said at the team's practice facility a day after the convincing loss to their heated rivals, the Celtics. "I'm not saying that I've made calls today or I'll make them tomorrow. But I just don't think that we're playing as well as our talent level should allow us."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/31/lakers.kupchak/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

jjktkk
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Panic time in Lala land? :wow

baseline bum
01-31-2011, 09:38 PM
They blew it when they moved the expiring of Vujacic for luxury tax savings. All their dead wood is on long-term deals now.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it happens. Expect some trade soon especially when the Lakers drops both games against San Antonio this Thursday and Boston next week.

I smell collusion again. if Melo ends up in LA for Luke Walton, Shannon Brown and some draft pick from a third team, I'll just quit watching basketball forever.

8FOR!3
01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
My guess would be Shannon Brown. Bynum and Gasol are playing terrible though. I'd say anybody but Lamar Odom on that list is good to go though, he's playing too well this year.

baseline bum
01-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Odom, Artest, Walton, Blake, and Fisher are all on long-term deals. What you see is what you get unless they plan on pulling the plug on Bynum.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I think its safe to assume the Lakers will put Ron Artest in the market. They'll probably entice that offer by adding Shannon Brown and maybe an expiring or a draft pick from a third team. Fisher is not going anywhere, Bynum too. So it's one of the following, Odom, Gasol, Artest, Shannon Brown (who IMO has a pretty good value in the market because of his strong play) Can't trade Odom though especially the way he's playing recently. Hard to imagine them trading Gasol even if a great offer comes along.

Lakers doesn't really have a lot of attractive expendable assets except S. Brown. You really can't trade Odom, Bynum & Gasol because its their biggest strength. If Mitch can pull another rabbit out his hat and ship Artest for a younger player then I'd crown him as the GM of the decade. I won't be surprised if it materializes though. No one thought the Lakers could get Pau Gasol for Kwame in 2008.

My gut tells me this is just a bluff from Mitch to wake some players from their funk.

Fabbs
01-31-2011, 10:01 PM
I smell collusion again. if Melo ends up in LA for Luke Walton, Shannon Brown and some draft pick from a third team, I'll just quit watching basketball forever.

LeHeat_Dynasty
My gut tells me this is just a bluff from Mitch to wake some players from their funk.

Is there really any question as to what the Fakeshow will scam next?
It'll be one of those two. Kupcake is a dumbass who hasn't done a thing other then slide the collusion phallus up and in.

it's me
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Memphis will gift them the less soft Gasol brother and Gay for a bag of Doritos ... book it.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I agree with Baseline Bum, Sasha was a somewhat huge and valuable expiring. Bynum is the kicker in any deal but the Lakers will not trade their "future". I'd say Gasol has a bigger chance of being traded than Andrew "The Dream 2.0" Bynum.

Melo, Nash & Nene are some of the names that comes to mind but its not going to happen considering both are western foes.

Detroit New Jersey and GSW are also active in trade talks. Just found out, Shannon Brown has the "Kobe clause" so he's not going anywhere.

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
"I try to be as objective as possible, but I'm concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level," Kupchak said. "Our record is certainly OK. But we've lost a bunch of home games. We've lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags..
:lol

ElNono
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.drtedikoehn.com/images/panicButton.jpg

Do it Mitch!

ffadicted
01-31-2011, 10:31 PM
lol Lakers will stay the way they are imo. If they fail badly in the playoffs, and with phil gone, then the changes will come.

Let's not forget that they had a shitty stretch last season too. Nothing compared to this, but they still came through in the playoffs. You can't count these guys out, there's too much talent that just needs motivation, and any good head office would know that.

ElNono
01-31-2011, 10:32 PM
I can see it already... Blake + Shannon Brown for Blake Griffin... He don't even has to change cities...

NRHector
01-31-2011, 10:34 PM
lol Lakers will stay the way they are imo. If they fail badly in the playoffs, and with phil gone, then the changes will come.

Let's not forget that they had a shitty stretch last season too. Nothing compared to this, but they still came through in the playoffs. You can't count these guys out, there's too much talent that just needs motivation, and any good head office would know that.they were more healthy than their opponents that's the only reason they won

Koolaid_Man
01-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it happens. Expect some trade soon especially when the Lakers drops both games against San Antonio this Thursday and Boston next week.

Tbh you should have quit when Miami formed that all bitch team...:lol

Koolaid_Man
01-31-2011, 10:35 PM

for us it's business as usual to you clowns used to losing it's called Panic...we live in two different worlds homie....:lol

Giuseppe
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM

Yes, but, that he would even utter the words is a seminal moment.

Mark the spot.

ohmwrecker
01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I can see it already... Blake + Shannon Brown for Blake Griffin... He don't even has to change cities...

Kardashian to the Clipshow for Boom Dizzle!

jjktkk
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
for us it's business as usual to you clowns used to losing it's called Panic...we live in two different worlds homie....:lol

Cmon Koolio, even your homie Luva is panicking. Hell, even Culby thinks its 2010, blessings is MIA, and history is busy googling useless stats. You need to call together a meeting of the Laker fans finest minds on here and get your shit together. :lol

Venti Quattro
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I wonder what Mitch has in store. He's never been known to make panic moves so I have complete confidence in him.

cobbler
02-01-2011, 12:13 AM
This is nothing more than a motivational jab and wakeup call. Just as last year when Boston and the Lakers faltered through parts the season, they will both be back in the finals. After the Lakers claim #17 all the talk will be about how PJ pulled off probably his best act yet.

Medvedenko
02-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Looking at the makeup of this team and that brining in Joe Smith for insurance I can possibly see Bynum get traded if someone like Melo is available. However this is me smoking a little too much weed for that to happen. I believe the injury to Mat Barnes has hurt the rotation with Ron struggling, and brining in Luke as a sub is awful but knowing Phil he has his reasons, albeit confusing ones. He also won't show his deck with the rotation as a panic move unless it's part of his grand playoff scheme and even with the losses piling up to good teams, it's not likely to change.

The Lakers had a horrible stretch prior to the playoffs last season and in 2001 they struggled at the end only to go on a historic run.

I do however expect major changes next season, regardless if they win a chip or not.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Leave the team alone, who gives a shit how they
are playing in January. We all know when it matters most they will be top dogs

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't make a trade if I'm LA..Bynum is the only piece that can realistically bring back an impact player(if you ignore the possibility of collusion), but I wouldn't give up on a young big man of his caliber, even with his injury problems..

Lakers just need to shake things up a little..sit Gasol for a while, start Barnes when he returns, switch Ebanks for Walton..

Banzai
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Walton..lol dude is awful. On the level of Kwame Parker Cook.

Baseline
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Don't be fooled by the fact that LA has nobody attractive to trade. They didn't have anybody to trade when they got Gasol.

If memory serves, they traded Kwame, Crittenden, Aaron McKie, and the rights to Marc Gasol, and maybe another pick (or maybe not). However, all season long rumors were coming out of Chicago that the Bulls were going to get Gasol, and names like Deng, Noah, Hinrich and others were being tossed around. In other words, Memphis could have gotten a ton more from Chicago, so it made no sense whatsoever that they did the deal with LA. The trade was straight up dirty, and everybody knows it. Popovich even said something publically...when does that ever happen? Not only that, but Gasol was the one guy in the league who filled the Lakers' greatest need at that moment. And they gave up nothing to get him. In my mind, it's absolutely criminal.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if the same thing happens again. Don't be surprised if LA gets somebody like Chris Paul or Melo or Nash or Nene....and gives up a couple of scrubs, i.e. Nothing. It would be 1000% wrong and 1000% dirty, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Don't be fooled by the fact that LA has nobody attractive to trade. They didn't have anybody to trade when they got Gasol.

If memory serves, they traded Kwame, Crittenden, Aaron McKie, and the rights to Marc Gasol, and maybe another pick (or maybe not). However, all season long rumors were coming out of Chicago that the Bulls were going to get Gasol, and names like Deng, Noah, Hinrich and others were being tossed around. In other words, Memphis could have gotten a ton more from Chicago, so it made no sense whatsoever that they did the deal with LA. The trade was straight up dirty, and everybody knows it. Popovich even said something publically...when does that ever happen? Not only that, but Gasol was the one guy in the league who filled the Lakers' greatest need at that moment. And they gave up nothing to get him. In my mind, it's absolutely criminal.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised if the same thing happens again. Don't be surprised if LA gets somebody like Chris Paul or Melo or Nash or Nene....and gives up a couple of scrubs, i.e. Nothing. It would be 1000% wrong and 1000% dirty, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

:worthy::worthy:..

cobbler
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't make a trade if I'm LA..Bynum is the only piece that can realistically bring back an impact player(if you ignore the possibility of collusion), but I wouldn't give up on a young big man of his caliber, even with his injury problems..

Lakers just need to shake things up a little..sit Gasol for a while, start Barnes when he returns, switch Ebanks for Walton..

We actually agree on something. *looking in the sky for the pigs*

Gasol has been uninspiring since he "claimed" he tweaked his hammy. I certainly do not buy the overworked concept 20 games in. He has proven he can play year round. It's no news around Lakerland that Pau is lazy and goes through the motions. I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's earned it.

Lakers are not giving up on Bynum. Yes he has had the injuries, but thats a risk you take. We have all seen the capabilities and promise. He is still very very young. Drew would benefit from a quality upgrade at PG like no other in the league. One of the Lakers glaring defeciencies is their post entry passing. Bynum often has position on his opponent never to see it. He has length and the over the top pass is there a lot. The Fisher pump post entry fake has to go.

Barnes being out has hurt. We all saw what happend the second Luke hit the floor Sunday. He's fine in the 2nd unit to play high post because of all the Lakers, he actually can pass, but to fulfill the defensive stopper roll? Come on. I'd definetly give Ebanks Lukes minutes in a heartbeat.

The Lakers are fine and no team is going to want to play them in a 7 game series. We all know that, all the posturing aside.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
No major trade here. He's trying to fire up the underachievers and light a fire under the Lakers collective asses.

cobbler
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM

ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!

The official one billionth "gasol collusion" post. Congrats!!!!

:deadhorse

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM

LA has no big expirings left. Brown was about a $9 million expiring and McKie was something like $3 million. The only expirings/team options they have are Smith, Caracter, and Ratliff, and none is even $1.5 million. They would have had the flexibility to possibly get something decent had they not already salary-dumped Vujacic's $5.5 million expiring to the Nets.

LakerHater
02-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Andrew Bynum, Derrick Character and Steve Blake... in a package!

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2011, 01:34 AM
We actually agree on something. *looking in the sky for the pigs*

Gasol has been uninspiring since he "claimed" he tweaked his hammy. I certainly do not buy the overworked concept 20 games in. He has proven he can play year round. It's no news around Lakerland that Pau is lazy and goes through the motions. I'll have to give him the benefot of the doubt, he's earned it.

I don't know, I don't really see why Gasol would be playing lazy though..I'm sure he isn't going a 100% every night, but he's too good of a player to be this underwhelming for such a long period of time..Gasol has been very consistent since joining the Lakers..this slump of his is easily the worst I've ever seen him play as a Laker, not even close, and it has been ongoing for a while now..

I don't think it's just a matter of wear and tear from the 40 MPG he was playing earlier..I do think he must be having hammy problems..also, he's 30 now, and he's coming off 3 straight seasons of deep NBA Finals runs..it takes a toll, and Gasol might not have a body that can handle that type of workload..

I would sit him, to give him a rest, and to send him a message..

Barnes being out has hurt. We all saw what happend the second Luke hit the floor Sunday. He's fine in the 2nd unit to play high post because of all the Lakers, he actually can pass, but to fulfill the defensive stopper roll? Come on. I'd definetly give Ebanks Lukes minutes in a heartbeat.

Lakers are way too slow in the starting lineup..the first option should be to bench Fisher instead, but I don't think Jackson will ever do it..a combination of Artest/Fisher is extremely slow, and they're both very mediocre offensive players..

With Barnes, you get an above average defender, but more importantly, an athletic player that gives you a little versatility, at least compared to Artest..Barnes brings a lot of energy, chases loose balls, he's a great off-ball slasher on a team with solid passers(Gasol, Kobe, Odom)..Artest is so slow and methodical on offense, his only use has become spot-up shooting, something he isn't even good at..his post-ups are poor and he can't play off-ball basketball..

If a player starts getting hot, the Lakers have a defensive stopper that can come in and cool him down..it would also allow Artest to play his own offensive game off the bench, and maybe spark something in him..

Thompson
02-01-2011, 01:40 AM
They blew it when they moved the expiring of Vujacic for luxury tax savings. All their dead wood is on long-term deals now.

Yeah, now they'll have to give up Walton and a top 59 protected 2011 draft pick for Chris Paul.

cobbler
02-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I don't think it's just a matter of wear and tear from the 40 MPG he was playing earlier..I do think he must be having hammy problems..also, he's 30 now, and he's coming off 3 straight seasons of deep NBA Finals runs..it takes a toll, and Gasol might not have a body that can handle that type of workload..

Except that he took this offseason off. I have to believe its the hammy. He was RUNNING and gettting a lot of lift early on. You see that only on rare uncontested attemts now.

I would sit him, to give him a rest, and to send him a message..

Agree

Lakers are way too slow in the starting lineup..the first option should be to bench Fisher instead, but I don't think Jackson will ever do it..a combination of Artest/Fisher is extremely slow, and they're both very mediocre offensive players..

I would consider starting brown at the 2 and Kobe the 3 if PJ is so set on Fish. Until Barnes returns that is...

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Leave the team alone, who gives a shit how they
are playing in January. We all know when it matters most they will be top dogs

#41, Ive only seen you bob Laker nob. Do you ever even give prop to your Mavs?

DesignatedT
02-01-2011, 02:21 AM
I'd look to deal Bynum if it could get me another good piece.

Capt Bringdown
02-01-2011, 03:43 AM

Exactly. In fact, I'd be surprised if some kind of miracle BS trade doesn't happen. Last time, they got precisely the player they needed without giving up anything thereby leapfrogging the rest of the league.

Their biggest deficits are Fisher and Artest, so I reckon they'll get a player to address these shortcomings, rather than another big. Probably Nash or Melo.

cobbler
02-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah... leapfrogged from number 2 or 3 in the league to #1 and then even lost at that.

Capt Bringdown
02-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah... leapfrogged from number 2 or 3 in the league to #1 and then even lost at that.

Lakers were straight trash, going nowhere before Gasol was appointed and you know it. Put Gasol on any number of contenders and the Lakers got nothing.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Though Gasol couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

cheguevara
02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Luke + Brown for CP3 and West.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe Kupchak will get a holt of the same mug books that Pop got Neal outta.

tee, hee.

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C1AV0.jpg

For those interested.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:12 AM
^It paid off in '09 & '10.

tee, hee.

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Matt Barnes should have some pretty decent trade value as well. He's a solid player and has a small contract which could be an incentive to pair him with someone like Artest. But Ron-Ron's contract is an albatross though, I'm not sure how many teams would want to have that on the books given his play this year.

Cry Havoc
02-01-2011, 10:15 AM
^It paid off in '09 & '10.

tee, hee.

LOL Steve Blake, 4 years - $16,000,000. LOL.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
LOL Steve Blake, 4 years - $16,000,000. LOL.

He's looked like shit up to this point, but, he ain't failed in the playoffs for us yet.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Matt Barnes should have some pretty decent trade value as well. He's a solid player and has a small contract which could be an incentive to pair him with someone like Artest. But Ron-Ron's contract is an albatross though, I'm not sure how many teams would want to have that on the books given his play this year.

Like the one guy above said:::it's a ploy by Kupchak to rile them up. They'll be permitted carte blanche to fail all along the line before trades will be executed. Artest has yet to fail us in a Lakers uniform. Gasol has never failed to play in the Finals in a Lakers uniform.

You dance with who brung ya.

CavsSuperFan
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
LOL@ Dumping Farmar, DJ & Sasha & Keeping Luke, Ebanks, Caracter…Wait Mitch did sign Theo & Joe Smith…:lmao

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Cav's fan bustin' our chops.

tee, hee.

CavsSuperFan
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
LOL@ Luke, Ebanks, Caracter, Theo, Joe Smith & 91 mil payroll…:lmao

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Fuck me. I'm gettin' my shit rearranged by a Cav's fellow.

Agloco
02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Fuck me. I'm gettin' my shit rearranged by a Cav's fellow.

He's in deep Cubby, but that's ok. I'm sure Mitch is on the horn with your Tennessee farm team as we speak. This will end end well have no fear.

hater
02-01-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL@ Dumping Farmar, DJ & Sasha & Keeping Luke, Ebanks, Caracter…Wait Mitch did sign Theo & Joe Smith…:lmao

agree. very stupid to let farmar go, he was the only decent thing in that shit bench. And sasha at least kept the guys happy in the shower room.

now Kobe has to vent his frustration on Gasol's asshole and it's affecting the team's chemistry

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Farmar couldn't be trusted in the Walton mode.

Trading Vuj was a mistake. He got into Jackson's doghouse and could never re-emerge from it. That trade was an act of vengeance.

I rue the day it happened. It wasn't right. It was wrong on many levels. We owed him for those two free throws. Like we owed Horry for that 3 pointer Vs. the Kings.

We failed both those men.

Voice of Reason
02-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I believe Shannon Brown has a no-trade clause in his contract, he's not getting moved unless he wants to leave.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Farmar couldn't be trusted in the Walton mode.

Trading Vuj was a mistake. He got into Jackson's doghouse and could never re-emerge from it. That trade was an act of vengeance.

I rue the day it happened. It wasn't right. It was wrong on many levels. We owed him for those two free throws. Like we owed Horry for that 3 pointer Vs. the Kings.

We failed both those men.

ADDENDUM:::we had a final chance to do right by Horry. I think it was two years ago (before the Orlando Finals) around the trade dead line he was loitering the team looking for a job with us, and Jackson wouldn't give him the time of day.

Does anyone else remember that?

ChrisRichards
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
This.

Flip the script a lil bit. Bench Fisher and start Blake, bring Odom off the bench and put Bynum back to the bench.

Gasol plays a lot better with Odom. This also allows Bynum to get more touches from the second unit.

in2deep
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM

90 million dollars and they gotta hit the panic button

ChrisRichards
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM

90 million dollars and they gotta hit the panic button
You think their salary situation is bad now, wait 2 yrs from now when Kobe at 34 yrs old and his 30 million salary kicks in

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
You think their salary situation is bad now, wait 2 yrs from now when Kobe at 34 yrs old and his 30 million salary kicks in

By then Culby will be a Suns fan. :lol

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM

That's when you remember the 6 last second game winners Bryant executed that enabled us to be California every time the shit hit the oscillator in the 2010 Playoffs & Finals.

Or, when he went to front of the rim 3 times in the 4th Quarter Game 7 and made the refs grant on him.

Or, when he couldn't get it off goin' up, at the top, or, comin' down and had the selflessness to let Artest attempt it at the end of Game 7.

We owe. It never ends.

It never ends what we owe Magic for '84 and for he did thereafter in '85.

We owe. It never ends.

Ever.

history2b
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I can't see the Lakers making a trade, at least not one significant enough to warrant a shake up.

Lamar is going nowhere as he is the most valuable role player on this team.

Bynum likely won't be moved because he's overpaid and a risk for other teams to take and there's no one comparable on the market available anyway.

Gasol is the darkhorse for me. He's obviously the best player who could be traded that could yield a legitimate star in return. Imo, he is the player most underachieving right now but in doing so it would place even more emphasis on Bynum's health holding up for the long haul and that would likely be a fatal mistake.

Artest seems like the likely candidate to be moved because he's not producing as much as he probably should but with his salary he couldn't yield a significant player anyway.

All things considered I say the Lakers stand pat.

ChrisRichards
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
:lol:lol:lol

That's when you remember the 6 last second game winners Bryant executed that enabled us to be California every time the shit hit the oscillator in the 2010 Playoffs & Finals.

Or, when he went to front of the rim 3 times in the 4th Quarter Game 7 and made the refs grant on him.

Or, when he couldn't get it off goin' up, at the top, or, comin' down and had the selflessness to let Artest attempt it at the end of Game 7.

We owe. It never ends.

It never ends what we owe Magic for '84 and for he did thereafter in '85.

We owe. It never ends.

Ever.

Keep dreamin old man. The end is near but unlike Frank Sinatra Kobe wont did it his way.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM
:lol:lol:lol

Keep dreamin old man. The end is near but unlike Frank Sinatra Kobe wont did it his way.

No, but, he'll get close. He's already close.

It's enough for me, but, it'll never be enough for him (Kobe), or, for his detractors/haters ("you"), because "your" story about Bryant was written already and "you" can't bare to re-write it, re-title it. It's beyond what "you're" capable of.

You're only human, and I ain't no better.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 03:28 PM

I'm already Suns fan. You don't have to support a team to be a fan of a team.

history2b
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Magic has now chimed on the subject via ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6080446

And Phil backed Mitch's comments that the "door's open for business" regarding trades.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/02/lakers-coach-phil-phil-jackson-says-the-doors-open-for-business-as-far-as-trades-bynum-to-miss-tonig.html

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM

And Phil backed Mitch's comments that the "door's open for business" regarding trades.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/02/lakers-coach-phil-phil-jackson-says-the-doors-open-for-business-as-far-as-trades-bynum-to-miss-tonig.html

Obviously they've sat down and conspired over this. I still agree with the first poster who said it's a ruse to inspire the team.

DJ Mbenga
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
cubby you arent in mid season form. what happened?

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
cubby you arent in mid season form. what happened?

Kori has my bean bag in a lock box on her make up table. And then she threw DoK's bean bag on top of mine.
:depressed

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Kori has my bean bag in a lock box on her make up table. And then she threw DoK's bean bag on top of mine.
:depressed

Could Culby be losing a step?

mindcrime
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Phil shitting bricks his last season will end in failure.

Venti Quattro
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Lakers' Ron Artest hopes for trade
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

True Hollywood story: Being traded from the L.A. Lakers would be a dream come true for Ron Artest.

GM Mitch Kupchak, coach Phil Jackson and LA icon Magic Johnson just did what franchise pillars of their stature rarely do -- something Lakers officials never do, really -- by announcing to the world that the teetering two-time champs might need to make a trade.

Why?

Simple.

The Lakers have been so uncharacteristically public about the potential benefits of an injection of new blood because they know, with a league-high $90.4 million payroll and such limited trade assets, that threatening this locker room with a shakeup move is a far simpler gamble to execute than shaking things up with an actual deal before the Feb. 24 trading deadline.

However ...

I'm told that there's at least one prominent Laker who hopes he's the guy who gets shipped out in the next 20-odd days.

One source close to the situation insists that Ron Artest wants out.

Asked to react to that, Artest's agent David Bauman declined comment.

This is where I'm obligated to remind you that no one in the NBA can change his mind faster than the famously fickle Ron-Ron. Another pertinent disclaimer: Artest's play has been sufficiently sluggish in the second season of a five-year deal that whatever he wants is bound to be greeted by shrugs and scoffs, no matter how much he gave the Lakers in the epic final game of last season.

I've nonetheless been assured this week that Artest -- though he hasn't outright demanded a trade and is likely to publicly deny it -- is serious about wanting to be dealt somewhere "he can have fun again" less than a year removed from the pivotal role he played in that ring-clinching Game 7 with Boston that the Lakers so nearly squandered.

This much I can say about the source: It's not Artest's provocatively tweet-happy brother Daniel.

Yet many of the same complaints Daniel Artest revealed Tuesday via his Twitter feed were cited as reasons that Artest, leading into Tuesday night's home win over Houston in which he logged just 5.5 seconds of playing time in the fourth quarter and overtime, is hoping for a new address. He might have rewritten the way he'll be remembered when he retires by proving so remarkably reliable in the biggest game of his life -- while Kobe Bryant was shooting 6-for-24 in a Game 7 at home -- but the honeymoon sure sounds over.

Artest's two main beefs?

1. He's weary of being scapegoated for the team's struggles and feels that he's destined to always absorb the bulk of the blame no matter what happens because Jackson and Bryant are so dependent on the more glamorous contributions of Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom and will never publicly go after regal Laker lifer Derek Fisher.

2. As we heard at various points during his stops in Indiana, Sacramento and Houston, Artest is eventually going to squawk if he's being marginalized in the offense, which inevitably disengages him from his defensive responsibilities. (Relegated "to the corner shot" is the way Daniel Artest described it -- except that he said "regulated" and surely meant "relegated.")

It was stressed to me that Artest has actually coexisted better with Jackson since it emerged in December that Artest asked his coach to stop criticizing him so publicly and keep displeasure in-house. Despite Artest's increasingly regular stints on the bench in crunch time, I get the distinct vibe that settling for offensive scraps in the shadow of Kobe and Pau while absorbing the hottest heat on afternoons like Sunday when Paul Pierce erupts for 32 points has soured Artest far more than Jackson's frequently sharp tongue.

The reality, of course, is that Artest is not very tradable no matter how much he'd like to be relocated. Not with the way he's producing and moving.

The Lakers want to believe focus has been Artest's bigger problem as opposed to advancing age. They cling to the hope that he can still deliver physicality and reliability when the game slows down in the postseason and between-games rest can refuel Artest and others, too.

Yet it seems safe to suggest that the 31-year-old, producing career-low numbers almost everywhere you look on the stat sheet, has given prospective suitors fresh reason -- piled onto the old baggage that dissuades teams that don't have the Lakers' conviction or a Jackson to manage the situation -- to balk at taking on a contract that still has three years and nearly $22 million remaining after this season. Especially in this climate of widespread fear about how restrictive the league's next labor pact will be.

None of that, though, has convinced Artest to back off. Not yet, anyway.

Dare I say he's been fined too many times to get sucked into publicly asking out -- which is obviously a legit dare in this case -- but I continue to hear that this is more than mere venting and that a trade is what Artest is rooting for.

Which means the Lakers have 22 days to somehow find a destination for him ... or 73 days before the start of the playoffs to diffuse the biggest Artest crisis they've faced so far and get

him plugged back in after essentially trading away Trevor Ariza to get him.

DPG21920
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
That is not good, but we'll see if Kobe and Co can get him to step in line. If Barnes can stay healthy, they might not need Artest as much as last year, but that is a pretty big gamble.

DPG21920
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
No one is trading for Artest unless they take back some monster contracts of give up Bynum/Pau/Odom with. Even then, I can't see it.

ChrisRichards
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
People said no one would trade for Hedo Turkoglu and his contract after his horrible and disappointing stints in Toronto and Phoenix. I'd say the likelyhood is very, very unlikely. But I won't be surprised if someone takes Artest. This is afterall the NBA. When Jim McIlvaine signed a bigger contract in 97 than then perennial All Star Scottie Pippen, I knew worst transactions would come. To date, some GM's has not disappointed *Coughs Chris Wallace Coughs*

21_Blessings
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
No one is trading for Artest unless they take back some monster contracts of give up Bynum/Pau/Odom with. Even then, I can't see it.

Yet someone traded for Brian Cook, Sasha and Space Cadet.

I'm sorry that the Lakers' front office is superior to the Spurs.

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
and Space Cadet.

That f'in' Radmo. And poor Kobe, remember, he was on the phone to that bastard a minute after midnite at the free agent period that year? Oh, Lord.

21_Blessings
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah Kobe is quite the shit GM. More like Jordan everyday.

ElNono
02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
None of those guys had the shit contract Artest has...

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah Kobe is quite the shit GM. More like Jordan everyday.

Can ya imagine it:::Kobe sittin' on that phone at midnite, Kupchak on one side, his wife and the kids on the other side keepin' an eye on him.:lol

Buss in the corner reading Penthouse Letters, one from "Cubby" about his rendevous with "Swords."

Venti Quattro
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
none of those guys had the shit contract artest has...
luke walton

ElNono
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
luke walton

Yeah, thus he's still with the Lakers... Luke still has 3 more years to the tune of $15 million... He'll only be good for a trade his last season, imo

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, thus he's still with the Lakers... Luke still has 3 more years to the tune of $15 million... He'll only be good for a trade his last season, imo

I just have a sneaking suspicion that they've chosen to hold on to Walton.

DPG21920
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Yet someone traded for Brian Cook, Sasha and Space Cadet.

Except those guys were valuable as far as there contracts. Artest is not valuable on the court at the moment and his contract is going to hinder any deal.

ohmwrecker
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM

$$$ tbh.

j.dizzle
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I feel bad for the person signing Luke's checks hahaha.Imagine shelling out 400-500 grand a month to some scrub. LOL Rashard Lewis 20 million a year