PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for the Bees / Okafur out 1-3 Weeks

Darth_Pelican
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Our lack of big man depth is going to be exposed for the next few weeks... lol 7th seed.

New Orleans Hornets C Emeka Okafor out one to three weeks with oblique strain

An MRI has revealed the left oblique strain suffered by New Orleans Hornets (http://www.nola.com/hornets) center Emeka Okafor is more serious than first believed and he'll likely miss the the next one to three weeks, sources said Tuesday morning.
http://media.nola.com/hornets_impact/photo/emeka-okafor2jpg-78f04bab524ae310.jpgMichael DeMocker/The Times-PicayuneNew Orleans Hornets center Emeka Okafor

Okafor will have his streak of playing in 306 consecutive games snapped tonight when the Hornets host the Washington Wizards.
He was injured in the final two minutes of the first half of Sunday night's 104-102 loss at the Phoenix Suns in US Airways Center. Okafor strained the muscle when he was making a spin move to the basket and immediately doubled over in pain.
He left the court and did not return to the game.
No word yet on how the team plans to adjust in Okafor's absence.

Texas_Ranger
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
So who will step up from their superb bench now??

Darth_Pelican
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
So who will step up from their superb bench now??

Jason Smith :lol

cheguevara
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Bellinelli will start at C and average 20-20

fevertrees
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Mbenga time!

lefty
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Depth ?

manufan10
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
They have David freaking West. He is a god among men!!

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
That is too bad ...

Pelicans78
02-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Big blow defensively.

Aaron Gray is out too so that hurts.

Mbenga is ok, but mentally retarded at times.

Smith is a soft jump-shooting PF who happens to be 7' ft.

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Oak has been solid.

He's thick chested, not side to side like say Odom, but, rather from back to front. It's quite amazing and he uses that physical trait well to his advantage.

I feel bad for BR and his people over this grim news. I enjoy their fanbase here as I enjoy the Mavs fanbase. I have soft spot in heart for both.

I hate the f'in' Spurs fanbase with all my might/sans Kor I.

Agloco
02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I hate the f'in' Spurs fanbase with all my might/sans Kor I and Aggy.

fify

Why all the hate anyway? Someone not bring breakfast tacos to work?

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
fify

Why all the hate anyway? Someone not bring breakfast tacos to work?

I don't know, I came here without hatred. You guys saved my hash Vs. the Suns numerous times so I had love. But, you guys (en masse) are irritating beyond compare. Fuck. I ain't ever seen anything like it.

You have absolutely no give. Just take.

And you're so jealous and hard-hearted toward Bryant. You begrudged him the rings after Daddy, but, then when he got them you refused to tip your Tam.

The 4-3 at Duncan to the 5-4 at Kobe is proof positive of your vile stubborness.

I thought nobody worse at jackassing than the Suns people, but, at least they're knowledgeable in the wayS of the NBA. You people are jackasses and you don't know shit from apple butter about the NBA.

The only thing you have going for you is the Ellis Family and this swell site.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't know, I came here without hatred. You guys saved my hash Vs. the Suns numerous times so I had love. But, you guys (en masse) are irritating beyond compare. Fuck. I ain't ever seen anything like it.

And you're so jealous and hard-hearted toward Bryant. You begrudged him the rings after Daddy, but, then when he got them you refused to tip your Tam.

The 4-3 at Duncan to the 5-4 at Kobe is proof positive of your vile stubborness.

I thought nobody worse at jackassing than the Suns people, but, at least they're knowledgeable in the wayS of the NBA. You people are jackasses and you don't know shit from apple butter about the NBA.

LOL, smh only cully ...

WeNeedLength
02-01-2011, 01:15 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Jollyblue/KobeNotSureIfSerious.jpg

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Jollyblue/KobeNotSureIfSerious.jpg

She's so pretty & feminine in that photo it makes my heart flutter.

Reminds me of Katie-girl when I'm explaining one of my numerous escapades thru the decades.

tee, hee.

WeNeedLength
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
She's so pretty & feminine in that photo it makes my heart flutter.

Reminds me of Katie-girl when I'm explaining one of my numerous escapades thru the decades.

tee, hee.

If 'pretty & feminine' translates to 'wants to open a can of whoop-ass', then yes I agree :lol

cheguevara
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM

:lmao having strong feelings from a website.

your life must suck :depressed

Blake
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM

lol asshurt

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 01:27 PM
If 'pretty & feminine' translates to 'wants to open a can of whoop-ass', then yes I agree :lol

She is f'in' lit.

Women never understand it's just pelt.

I still feel bad for Bryant because he never got the goodies again. Poof! Like that, it was over. He probably had slap & tickle rendevous across this country. To a guy that is extremely important.

Now, she's like Christie's wife, she never leaves his side. She waits right outside the locker room at Staples.

When you lose something like he had, it's almost like somebody died, or, you lost your wallet.

Killakobe81
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
She is f'in' lit.

Women never understand it's just pelt.

I still feel bad for Bryant because he never got the goodies again. Poof! Like that, it was over. He probably had slap & tickle rendevous across this country. To a guy that is extremely important.

Now, she's like Christie's wife, she never leaves his side. She waits right outside the locker room at Staples.

When you lose something like he had, it's almost like somebody died, or, you lost your wallet.

LOL Only Cully could relate banging skanks and losing a family or friend to losing your wallet ...the man has a gift? LOL

Agloco
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Its a numbers game. You'd get the same treatment at a Suns or Mavs site bth. Perhaps you could call on the princess for a gnsf filter or something.

Like I tell my wife when the fine folks over at McDonalds get our childrens orders wrong: Consider where you're at. Your bar is too high. It only sets you up for disappointment.

I couldn't care less, but for many the Kobe issue goes beyond the court. When Neal rings, Lakerfan is sure to revisit this sort of behavior on him. Its human nature, not Spurfan nature.

We know breakfast tacos. Ain't that some sort of consolation? Potatos and eggs never did taste so good......

Apple butter is good also, but not on a breakfast taco.

Mark Cuban disagrees.

cheguevara
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM

to be fair, Kobe had Sasha to take his frustration out in the loker room. Now that Sasha is gone though, Kobe must be reaching a boiling point.

Agloco
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM

Well, Kobe did lose his wallet actually....

Giuseppe
02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
to be fair, Kobe had Sasha to take his frustration out in the loker room. Now that Sasha is gone though, Kobe must be reaching a boiling point.

Him & Vuj had a bond. After the ft's you could tell Vuj was telling him those were for him. And on ring night, Kobe introduced Vuj via those ft's.

ElNono
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM

Just tell us you need your diaper changed and move on, you old fart, you.

thispego
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Oak has been solid.

He's thick chested, not side to side like say Odom, but, rather from back to front. It's quite amazing and he uses that physical trait well to his advantage.

I feel bad for BR and his people over this grim news. I enjoy their fanbase here as I enjoy the Mavs fanbase. I have soft spot in heart for both.

I hate the f'in' Spurs fanbase with all my might/sans Kor I.

Brah, you would hate the only team that owns yours!

Darth_Pelican
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Next 3 weeks without Okafur (if he is indeed out the entire 3 weeks)

Feb. 1 Washington - W

Feb. 2 @ Thunder - L

Feb. 5 Lakers - L

Feb. 7 TWolves - W

Feb. 9 @ Nets - W

Feb. 11 @ Magic - L (LOL Dwight will shit all over us)

Feb. 12 Bulls - L

Feb. 15 @ Warriors - W

Feb. 16 @ Blazers - L

I would take 4-5 but I wouldn't be surprised with 3-6 or 2-7

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Next 3 weeks without Okafur (if he is indeed out the entire 3 weeks)

Feb. 1 Washington - W

Feb. 2 @ Thunder - L

Feb. 5 Lakers - L

Feb. 7 TWolves - W

Feb. 9 @ Nets - W

Feb. 11 @ Magic - L (LOL Dwight will shit all over us)

Feb. 12 Bulls - L

Feb. 15 @ Warriors - W

Feb. 16 @ Blazers - L

I would take 4-5 but I wouldn't be surprised with 3-6 or 2-7

You lose those games with Okafor, so it doesn't matter

Darth_Pelican
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
You lose those games with Okafor, so it doesn't matter

Hornets have already beaten the Thunder, Magic and Portland (twice) with Okafur, so while I wouldn't say we would beat them all again in this stretch if Okafur were playing, without him the chances are slim at winning any of them.

ElNono
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Actually, handling the duo of Love/Milicic without Oak could prove to be a challenge...

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
BR will now put away his hatred for white players and tell every one that Aaron Gray will step in and become the best center in the NBA. :lol

fevertrees
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Captain West and King Paul gonna start average 30+ EACH a night now! Expect averages for the Captain of 35 and 15 nightly.

crc21209
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Okafor? Come on sons, we don't need that mediocre piece of trash when we have the almighty David West. The Bees will go undefeated while Okafor is out...you just watch. :lol

The Reckoning
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
there goes my fantasy team. it was shit anyways.

fuck you brooks :pctoss

redzero
02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Jason Smith is 9/9 for 20 points. :clap

sefant77
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Too bad its just the Wiz..

ElNono
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Where's BRHornet? :lol

BRHornet45
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Where's BRHornet? :lol

right here playa just celebrating yet another victory by the Bees. what you up to?

Pelicans78
02-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Stop FOOling yourself BR!

Wiz are a crappy road team.

Reality will set in tomorrow night at OKC. Jason Smith can't score 20 points every night. Someone else will need to step up. Aaron Gray? LOL

redzero
02-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Too bad its just the Wiz..

A win's a win. I ain't complaining.

Darth_Pelican
02-01-2011, 10:57 PM
A win's a win. I ain't complaining.

:tu

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Good win without Meka'. Usually the team rallies when they lose someone that first game. The next game will probably be more difficult.