PDA

View Full Version : Did you really expect a sweep?

Nephets
05-30-2005, 10:30 PM
I mean... it would have been nice, but, that's almost an unreal thing to do. We'll be back on Wednesday.

Supergirl
05-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Honestly, no I didn't, but the way the Spurs have been playing I couldn't imagine how the Suns could beat them. But good teams find away to pull it off, if only to maintain their dignity. That's all the Suns have done here. A little heart, a lot of lucky calls, they've managed to make sure they go out with dignity.

ballhog
05-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Suns barely won. They got too many 3's in the game. They had'nt gotten off many in the previous games. They shot the lights out tonight. The Spurs looked flat. Suns got a lot of fortunate bounces tonight.

boutons
05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
"couldn't imagine how the Suns could beat them."

After 3-0, the Suns quit playing the way they were playing, and the Spurs quit playing the way they were playing, Suns W.

Dingle Barry
05-30-2005, 10:56 PM
open 3's, Tim shooting the worst FT Ive ever seen = loss

Manu20
05-30-2005, 10:56 PM
"The goal is not to sweep them but make it to the finals"Quote by Manu.

Spurs in 5

DDS4
05-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I predicted Spurs in 6. Still ahead of schedule...

Get real people. The Suns won 62 games this season for a reason. It was certainly possible for the Suns to shoot lights out and the Spurs to suck in one game. Well, it happened.

Things will change on Wed.

Sense
05-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Spurs played like shit...they deserved to lose...

myhc
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I predicted Spurs in 6. Still ahead of schedule...

Get real people. The Suns won 62 games this season for a reason. It was certainly possible for the Suns to shoot lights out and the Spurs to suck in one game. Well, it happened.

Things will change on Wed.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:09 PM
The disappointing thing for me is that the '99 team would have ended it tonight.

The Spurs one weakness with this team (outside of FT shooting and stagnant offense) is that killer instinct. It wasn't there tonight, and that disappoints me.

EasilyAmused
05-30-2005, 11:10 PM

Spurs in 5

When Manu said that, I felt sooooo much better. *sigh*

Spurgal
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Did you really expect a sweep?

Yes and No!

The NBA wants more $$$ coming In. It would have been boring for the Spurs to sweep the Suns and for the Spurs to be waiting around for the Pistons or the Heat...

But, a sweep would have been sweet!

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Nice quote there by Manu. I expect him and Tim to come on Thursday and end this.

Budkin
05-30-2005, 11:43 PM
The bottom line is that the Suns played an amazing game and we played absoutely horrible and still almost won the game. That ought to tell you something right there. We're winning this thing in 5, no more than 6. Timmy is going to be unstoppable in the next game. He always plays great after off games.

TwoHandJam
05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
I didn't see this game because I was on a plane but it looks like Parker really stunk up the joint. I realize Tim didn't play well (WTF is up with his FTs now?) but at least he shot 50% from the field. Tony was 5-17 with 6 turnovers? I really hate his inconsistency in the playoffs.

Suns Fan
05-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Did you really expect a sweep?

Yes and No!

Just like spur fans to ride the fence, does anyone at this website stick to what they say? Looks like I may have to quote many of you in the many Broom topics on page 3.

many of you need to do the Real NBA fans on this site a favor, and STFU

I see posters saying the Spurs played bad and yet if the Spurs win by only one point they forget everything.they start talking about the Heat.

There are many games the Spurs win but they played bad, and there are many games the spurs lose and they played good. basket ball can sometimes come down to a bad call, or a free throw, It sometimes only matters who gets the ball last, You guys make your so called sports takes based on the final buzzer. I bet 99% of you was talking Brooms and bring on the heat, at half time. what? did the Spurs play bad ? You guys look at the score board to decide if pop should get fired. One week you want to trade Manu the next week you want to have his child.

I read about Pop sucks and the games are fixed from The refs etc....

Suns won plain and simple ,give them credit and move on to Game 5

is that a hard thing to do?

Duncan hits a few more free throws and and Suns miss one basket and this game could have been a Spurs Victory.
and yet you wait till the final score to determine if you like Pop, or if the Spurs played well. Both teams played good, I saw Manu on fire, I saw the spurs in the lead many times. I bet when Tim made that last Dunk you wanted to gas up the River parade barges.. Did the Spurs play bad then?

This game came down to who had the hot hand in the last 3 minutes, and it was the suns, nothing more, nothing less.

so stop reading into it and be gald your only one win away from the finals you bunch of ungratefull whining Bitches.

Ps: feel free to stick that broom where the Sun don't shine :lmao

SirChaz
05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Nice quote there by Manu. I expect him and Tim to come on Thursday and end this.

I hope they don't come out until Thursday too.

They will be a little late. :spin

The Suns still haven't played a complete game IMO.

The Suns have been getting away with playing hard for a couple of quarters all season. They were helped by Memphis and Dallas beating themselves in some situations. The Spurs are going to play hard the entire game and they are not going to beat themselves.

The Suns just have to have 4 good quarters of basketball. They got 3 good quarters tonight and it was enough with Duncan's missed FT.

NOT DEAD YET.

So you don't miss it guys and gals, the game is 9:00 Eastern on Wednesday.

Tom_Foolery
05-31-2005, 01:50 AM
I mean... it would have been nice, but, that's almost an unreal thing to do. We'll be back on Wednesday.

That is EXACTLY how the Spurs played tonight.

Just like that.

Just like a team up 3-0 with the mindset, "but hey, did anyone think we'd sweep?"

Just like a team that lost tonight.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 02:06 AM
I guessed Spurs in 7 before the series started. Of course, I hope it doesn't go 7. Spurs in 5!

HB22inSA
05-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Yes...after they went up 3-0, of course.

Pandaemonaeon
05-31-2005, 02:16 AM
I expected a massacre.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

Mr. Body
05-31-2005, 02:34 AM
The disappointing thing for me is that the '99 team would have ended it tonight.

I call bullshit. It never fails to amaze how badly some overrate that team.

Anyway... I believed it would be a loss, but hoped not when they were pulling even late in the game.

But facts are, the Spurs won five games in a row... regardless, they were due for a flat game. In professional sports, played at such a high level, one slipped notch in concentration can spell a difference, and the Spurs slipped a little - which is natural - and Phoenix played their 'dignity' game, as befitting a team that won 62 games this season.

Even then, San Antonio nearly pulled it out, given a few bounces. Nash not finding Stoudamire at the end of the shot clock, falling out of bounds... Manu's drive falling in... any two or three more free throws falling... Spurs concentrating a bit more during the decisive third quarter.

The concentration and focus meter will push more to San Antonio's favor on Wednesday.

HB22inSA
05-31-2005, 02:39 AM
The Spurs one weakness with this team (outside of FT shooting and stagnant offense) is that killer instinct. It wasn't there tonight, and that disappoints me.
Just tonight?? This team has a bad habit of not having that killer instinct.

And I hate to say it, but that falls on Tim Duncan for not being more of an emotional leader.

Mr. Body
05-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Just tonight?? This team has a bad habit of not having that killer instinct.

What in the world are you talking about? They dusted Denver in four straight games after coming out flat in Game 1. They nearly took Game 3 in Seattle but missed a good shot at the end, then a clicking Seattle team beat them in Game 4. When it came down to playing in Seattle again in Game 6, with Manu's drive and dish to Duncan, they stabbed the life out of them.

Games 1-3 of the WCF, the Spurs have been cold-blooded.

Where oh where oh where did they fail to show killer instinct? Even tonight, after (abysmally, but expectedly) dug themselves a hole, they were nailing threes and shots left and right, but ultimately couldn't get the job done. No biggie.

I've seen their drive - and fail to see how you haven't - and expect a different outcome on Wednesday.

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM

Spurs in 5

Great quote

Sense
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Just like spur fans to ride the fence, does anyone at this website stick to what they say? Looks like I may have to quote many of you in the many Broom topics on page 3.

many of you need to do the Real NBA fans on this site a favor, and STFU

I see posters saying the Spurs played bad and yet if the Spurs win by only one point they forget everything.they start talking about the Heat.

There are many games the Spurs win but they played bad, and there are many games the spurs lose and they played good. basket ball can sometimes come down to a bad call, or a free throw, It sometimes only matters who gets the ball last, You guys make your so called sports takes based on the final buzzer. I bet 99% of you was talking Brooms and bring on the heat, at half time. what? did the Spurs play bad ? You guys look at the score board to decide if pop should get fired. One week you want to trade Manu the next week you want to have his child.

I read about Pop sucks and the games are fixed from The refs etc....

Suns won plain and simple ,give them credit and move on to Game 5

is that a hard thing to do?

Duncan hits a few more free throws and and Suns miss one basket and this game could have been a Spurs Victory.
and yet you wait till the final score to determine if you like Pop, or if the Spurs played well. Both teams played good, I saw Manu on fire, I saw the spurs in the lead many times. I bet when Tim made that last Dunk you wanted to gas up the River parade barges.. Did the Spurs play bad then?

This game came down to who had the hot hand in the last 3 minutes, and it was the suns, nothing more, nothing less.

so stop reading into it and be gald your only one win away from the finals you bunch of ungratefull whining Bitches.

Ps: feel free to stick that broom where the Sun don't shine :lmao

Actually Mouse.....

The spurs showed on the road and on our 3 wins that we own them...

So the fact that the little mistakes we made like the ft's and Duncan's horrible night, make it more clear that they lost because of their effort, nothing the suns would've done in the other games.

The spurs didn't show up and they lost..

The Suns always showed up and still lost...

So this is why this game pissed us off..

ALVAREZ6
05-31-2005, 04:31 PM
I did guess a sweep... I mean, winning 3 in row, I thought we had what it takes to win 1 more. If the Spurs played an average game, they would have won. FT's are so crutial in a game, last night proved it.

Even if we just guarded the 3 point line a couple of more times, we would have won the game. Little, simple things like that would have been enough. The threes gave them a lot energy.

I am scared about game 5. I wonder if the Suns will come out and kill us on their homecourt. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose game 5.