PDA

View Full Version : ATDHE.net seized by Homeland Security

Spurminator
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you, DHS, for protecting us from terrorist-friendly streams of sporting events.

http://www.atdhe.net

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
fck that shit i was able to access it just b4 tippoff manutd game, now cant even get into the site down here in australia

Pero
02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Damn bastards. :ihit

lefty
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuck

Bukefal
02-01-2011, 05:23 PM
damn :bang

lefty
02-01-2011, 05:23 PM
But I was told it exists on another domain

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
fck that shit how ima watch live spurs games or soccer games these days

BlackSwordsMan
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Big game thursday too. bwhahaah

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Just use their IP Address: 88.80.11.29

IronMaxipad
are you serious? FUCK!!

baseline bum
They say they'll have it up tomorrow.

Bukefal
They will probably make a domain from another country. It's only the .com or .org, .net which have been seized

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM

all i get is a black screen with yellow text

i assume it was blocked cause it was hosted in america?

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM

That's because they're not going to be operational until tomorrow supposedly.

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 05:31 PM

i assume it was blocked cause it was hosted in america?

It's in Sweden I think. All DHS did was hijack the DNS entries in the US.

IronMaxipad
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
ATDHE.NET will be availabe here http://88.80.11.29/ starting from tomorow untill we set a new domain Hoping for your support . ATDHE
http://twitter.com/#!/AtdheNET

Use myp2p.eu or firstrow.net for now

EDIT: Firstrow.net was taken down too :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
That's because they're not going to be operational until tomorrow supposedly.

fck man it better be in the next couple of hours, im stayin up just to catch the spurs game after missing the manutd game cause of the site going down...

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
It'll be back up soon in some form. I also use myp2p.eu for streams.

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Is this the fucking gayest graphic in internet history?

http://atdhe.net/IPRC_Seized_2011_02_NY.gif

The eagle on the left looks hungover, the eagle in the center looks like a meth-head coming to gouge out your eyeballs and skullfuck you, and the eagle on the right is taking a giant shit on the badge.

IronMaxipad
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
NVM firstrow just changed Domains

http://www.soccertvlive.net/

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
LMAO @ that graphic.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Kinda scary they can just seize domain names and effectively block us from whatever they want though. :(

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:42 PM
New site already up?

http://atdhe.me/

If so thank you, Twitter.

Libri
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
New site already up?

:toast

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Dude, I need to be able to watch the premier league. If not for ATDHE I would hardly be able to watch any soccer.

Whats funny is that many of the big soccer journalists in the US were going nuts on Twitter when they took it down.

:lmao

They NEED that shit to stay informed.

redzero
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Channelsurfing.net is gone, too.

At least we have firstrow or whatever it is now called.

SAtown
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Whats funny is that many of the big soccer journalists in the US were going nuts on Twitter when they took it down.

:lol No one wants to pay for the expensive ass soccer channel packages. atdhe is a freaking lifesaver

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Even if you have Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN3 you still miss out on A LOT of games. Plus I fucking HATE watching tape delayed games and a lot on FSC are just that.

balli
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
It's stolen content. Enjoy it all you want, try not to act surprised or pissed when it gets shut down. That's the risk you run when you take things for free, that other people pay for.

It's not like a new site won't pop up or doesn't exist already. Go find it.

resistanze
02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah I almost caved in and bought Setanta is the past. Fuck that, $10/month for one channel.

lefty
02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah I almost caved in and bought Setanta is the past. Fuck that, $10/month for one channel.

Yeah it's really overpriced
Plus , sometimes they broadcast fucking rugby

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
It's stolen content. Enjoy it all you want, try not to act surprised or pissed when it gets shut down. That's the risk you run when you take things for free, that other people pay for.

It's not like a new site won't pop up or doesn't exist already. Go find it.

You're partially wrong, considering many of the items listed on that site are not even broadcast in the US.

As for finding it, read above. If you're going to pull off the self righteous smart ass routine at least do it right.

balli
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
You're partially wrong, considering many of the items listed on that site are not even broadcast in the US.
So? I'm not saying don't watch. I just find it funny the way people, in general, think they're entitled. You're right, if media companies got with the times and enabled anyone to watch anything at any time, that would be a good thing. But in lieu of that, the website was breaking copyright law and DHS had every legal cause to shut it down.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Well this sucks

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Bali, YOU of all people act entitled all the fucking time with your rage about how you hate most people.

There was very little feelings of entitlement in this thread, just all around disappointment hat a cool site was taken down.

Nick Manning
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
So? I'm not saying don't watch. I just find it funny the way people, in general, think they're entitled. You're right, if media companies got with the times and enabled anyone to watch anything at any time, that would be a good thing. But in lieu of that, the website was breaking copyright law and DHS had every legal cause to shut it down.

You're a faggot.

balli
02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Fad6eZTDikA

brah

baseline bum
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
New site already up?

Nice. I was afraid I was going to miss the Boston-Sacramento game tonight.

Michi_Germany
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
http://livetv.ru/en/

Have fun :-)

balli
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
You're a faggot.

Nope. But I do know how to open my fucking wallet and pay for League Pass. :tu

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Well thats an amazingly high bar you set. I have LP Broadband. How does that help me watch soccer games in Europe?

Just stop being a cunt.

DaDakota
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
http://atdhenet.tv/

There ya go...the new ATDHE.....

DD

balli
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.directstartv.com/directv_programming/directv_prog_intl_sports.html

redzero
02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Well thats an amazingly high bar you set. I have LP Broadband. How does that help me watch soccer games in Europe?

Just stop being a cunt.

Then get La Liga Pass, faggle.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
:lmao

koriwhat
02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Fad6eZTDikA

hammer + nail = you hit that shit right on the top of the head

IronMaxipad
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Shit rojadirecta.com got taken down too.

US authorities have blocked access to Rojadirecta.org and now also Rojadirecta.com but we continue and we will continue our service on territorial domain names such as Rojadirecta.es (.me, .in, be...).

We are now on: www.rojadirecta.me www.rojadirecta.es www.rojadirecta.in and in many other domains that are not controlled by US authorities.

Do not send e-mails to our dot com account, the new one ends on .in
ˇSPREAD our new address!

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 06:48 PM
The real question is would Balli walk out of a movie he downloaded illegally?

BlairForceDejuan
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM

The eagle on the left looks hungover, the eagle in the center looks like a meth-head coming to gouge out your eyeballs and skullfuck you, and the eagle on the right is taking a giant shit on the badge.

um, not quite homie

http://www.colbowdesign.com/blog_images/obama_logos.jpg

jjktkk
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.directstartv.com/directv_programming/directv_prog_intl_sports.html

I tried this link you provide, but they wanted me to pay for league pass, so I just found a free link online instead. Thanks anyway. :toast

redzero
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
um, not quite homie

http://www.colbowdesign.com/blog_images/obama_logos.jpg

The Pepsi logo has run its course.

desflood
02-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I blame Dana White.

JudynTX
02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
big brother is watching

We've been watched for years.

cheguevara
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
they are still around. same domain name, different domain extension

I heard they don't give a fuck. they will still be around and these type of sites will still pop up.

cheguevara
02-02-2011, 10:01 AM

agree. OOooohhh let's put 3 eagles in there, that will scare them pirates :rolleyes

there's your hard earned tax dollars right there. The DOJ and DHS fighting terrorism one live sports streaming site at a time.

Cry Havoc
02-02-2011, 10:31 AM

When I get a stream from a game I don't have on TV, a lot of times it will have the commercials included in the stream. So how, exactly, is it a bad thing, if the advertising dollars being spent are being broadcast to a larger audience?

I have far, far better things to spend my money on than league pass.

baseline bum
02-02-2011, 10:46 AM
When I get a stream from a game I don't have on TV, a lot of times it will have the commercials included in the stream. So how, exactly, is it a bad thing, if the advertising dollars being spent are being broadcast to a larger audience?

I have far, far better things to spend my money on than league pass.

To play devils advocate, an ad for a burger joint in Salt Lake City or a car dealership in Portland is pretty useless to the company when broadcast out of town.

MannyIsGod
02-02-2011, 11:19 AM
I blame Dana White.

I'm sure he was part of the push for this. With as many UFC events as are streamed its not surprising. But the NFL NBA probably had more money at stake.

DaDakota
02-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Is the official new site.

DD

Jose Ole
02-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Can always count on Spurstalk to help circumvent the madness :toast

Spurminator
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll stop streaming Spurs games when I have the option of only paying for Spurs games.

ChuckD
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
agree. OOooohhh let's put 3 eagles in there, that will scare them pirates :rolleyes

there's your hard earned tax dollars right there. The DOJ and DHS fighting terrorism one live sports streaming site at a time.

Spurologist
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM

worst price to ever pay for one fucking channel....not sure about Fox Soccer Plus but they always seem to play the better game relative to Fox Soccer Channel

I'll stick with the internets....Just glad all the sites have switched addresses...they'll all good to go. Rojadirecta, channelsurf, atdhe and the rest.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
big brother is watching
In this case, Big Brother is enfforcing the law.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Stealing. Call it what you want, but you guys are unethical thieves.

Hope you all get caught.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM

As for finding it, read above. If you're going to pull off the self righteous smart ass routine at least do it right.
Well, if they didn't play copyrighted material, this wouldn't happen.

Kermit
02-02-2011, 11:08 PM

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Stealing. Call it what you want, but you guys are unethical thieves.

Hope you all get caught.

I hope you get AIDS and die. Then I hope I get the opportunity to piss on your grave. And no, I don't feel remorse for thinking this.

desflood
02-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm sure he was part of the push for this. With as many UFC events as are streamed its not surprising. But the NFL NBA probably had more money at stake.
And then that gazillionaire bastard had this to say:

“The very forceful actions taken by Mr. Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York and Mr. Morton, the Director of ICE, against these parasitic websites is very welcome news. The criminal theft of Pay-Per-View events has resulted in the loss of millions of dollars of revenue to not only the UFC and its fighters, but has also deprived federal, state and local government of their rightful entitlement to significant tax revenue. On behalf of the UFC and its fighters, I extend my sincerest thanks to Mr. Bharara, Mr. Morton, and the many Assistant United States Attorneys and Agents of Homeland Security Investigations who worked so tirelessly during the course of this intensive investigation.” - Dana White.

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-issues-statement-of-thanks-to-government-agencies-assisting-with-piracy-investigations

Bartleby
02-03-2011, 12:32 AM

DD

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-03-2011, 12:42 AM
fck that shit how ima watch live spurs games or soccer games these days

Try buying International League Pass instead, you cheap bastard. The quality is now excellent and well worth $1 a day.

koriwhat
02-03-2011, 01:54 AM
ride or die!

greyforest
02-03-2011, 04:09 AM
fighting for corporate profit - the american way!

koriwhat
02-03-2011, 05:28 AM
fighting for corporate profit - the american way!

Bukefal
02-03-2011, 07:08 AM

DD

Thanks.
What happened with the atdhe.me site? Or is that a fake

Texas_Ranger
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks.
What happened with the atdhe.me site? Or is that a fake

It' works fine. So right now atdhe's got 2 web sites.

Bukefal
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
It' works fine. So right now atdhe's got 2 web sites.

Yeah. But maybe the atdhe.me is fake, because on their official website they say;

Any website using the atdhe alias (other than one mentioned above) in their domain is not operated by us.
Use them at your own risk.

Wild Cobra
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I hope you get AIDS and die. Then I hope I get the opportunity to piss on your grave. And no, I don't feel remorse for thinking this.
What a fine example of morals!

nkdlunch
02-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Hope you all get caught.

Stealing? we r not the ones stealing. If anyone is stealing its the streaming sites and they are actually stealing from the mega rich.

They are modern day robin hoods

Texas_Ranger
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah. But maybe the atdhe.me is fake, because on their official website they say;

Oh, I see now. I already watched some soccer on atdhe.me and it did work fine, I just hope I won't get some virus from that shit.

Wild Cobra
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Stealing? we r not the ones stealing. If anyone is stealing its the streaming sites and they are actually stealing from the mega rich.

They are modern day robin hoods
And if they didn't have people like you as a demand, they would have no reason to do so. Right?

You are as guilty as them. Lie to yourself and others if you must, but some of us do have ethics.

jjktkk
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM

No, its not fake. I watched the entire Spurs/Blazers game on atdhe.me.

LnGrrrR
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Just a question... why would copyright law be under the jurisdiction of the DHS?

LnGrrrR
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
And if they didn't have people like you as a demand, they would have no reason to do so. Right?

You are as guilty as them. Lie to yourself and others if you must, but some of us do have ethics.

Are the people viewing really as ethically culpable? If I rob a bank and give money to the poor, are the poor at fault just as much as I am?

If you're a capitalist, it should be a no-brainer. You're essentially making the most of your money (paying nothing) without any burden of legal troubles. (Technically, the ones actually breaking the law would be the providers, not the viewers of said content.)

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Are the people viewing really as ethically culpable? If I rob a bank and give money to the poor, are the poor at fault just as much as I am?

If you're a capitalist, it should be a no-brainer. You're essentially making the most of your money (paying nothing) without any burden of legal troubles. (Technically, the ones actually breaking the law would be the providers, not the viewers of said content.)

yep purely captialist, but some people don't like capitalism

Muser
02-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Try buying International League Pass instead, you cheap bastard. The quality is now excellent and well worth $1 a day.

Much better than that RayV bullshit we got last year.

nkdlunch
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM

A. There is a fan in Botswana that wants to watch an NBA. But has no way to do so, so he decides to watch the free stream.
B. There is a poor fan in Detroit who has no money to buy League Pass but would rather stay at home and watch a game than go get in trouble on the streets.

Both those scenarios are ok with my ethics. I can sleep good at night.

baseline bum
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Nice. I thought you Aussies were still stuck in the stone ages, ordering Pontel videos and shit.

MannyIsGod
02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
For those saying viewing streams is stealing I would love for you to find me the law that shows that viewing those streams is illegal. Broadcasting is illegal, but viewing is not. Find the law.

ashbeeigh
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
For those saying viewing streams is stealing I would love for you to find me the law that shows that viewing those streams is illegal. Broadcasting is illegal, but viewing is not. Find the law.

It's the rights to the streams that causes the trouble - think Netflix and Hulu. They are streaming and perfectly legal but everyone gave them rights to the streams.

MannyIsGod
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
The rights to the streams apply to the right to broadcast the stream and have absolutely nothing to do with viewing it. Broadcasting and viewing are two completely different actions.

02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
i discovered this yesterday. this will really cut down the spurs games i am able to watch.

Cry Havoc
02-03-2011, 08:22 PM
The rights to the streams apply to the right to broadcast the stream and have absolutely nothing to do with viewing it. Broadcasting and viewing are two completely different actions.

Don't ask Wild Cobra to list facts. That often removes his ability to post in many threads.

In other words, carry on. :toast

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Just a question... why would copyright law be under the jurisdiction of the DHS?
I believe it's because they combined the some FBI powers, CIA powers, etc. The FBI used to enforce such laws in the US. They do more than just terrorism. DHS is Big Brother now.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Is that's what you wish yo use as your excuse. It's still unethical. But then I already knew you had no ethics.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Does the same apply to Napster?

How many people have been prosecuted for those downloads?

The constitution allows for copyright protection. Laws are expected to be made to protect such copyrights.

It wouldn't surprise me if DHS makes an example out of some Americans watching these illegal broadcasts, like they did with Napster users.

What if you are one of them...

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Don't ask Wild Cobra to list facts. That often removes his ability to post in many threads.

In other words, carry on. :toast
If you say so... Always nice to have a voice of support.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2011, 12:15 AM
You just don't get it. Its not illegal to watch. Thats the bottom line.

To show how clueless you are, why don't you find me a case of someone being prosecuted for downloading songs from the internet. You want to use that as your example, so find out.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:40 AM
17 U.S.C. § 101 (http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/17-18red.htm)

Keep this in mind as you read it:

The term "financial gain" includes receipt, or expectation of receipt, of anything of value, including the receipt of other copyrighted works.

4down
02-04-2011, 12:40 AM

Beautiful :toast I hate that league pass blocks the nationally televised games.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah, nice law. It shows its illegal to broadcast - not view. Thanks.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah, nice law. It shows its illegal to broadcast - not view. Thanks.
Your reading incomprehension is incredible.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2011, 12:44 AM
:lol

Right.

So please find me where someone has been prosecuted for downloading or viewing under that statute please.

I wont hold my breath.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2011, 12:45 AM
:lol

Right.

So please find me where someone has been prosecuted for downloading or viewing under that statute please.

I wont hold my breath.
Sorry, not going to dig up old news. It has happened, don't believe me if you don't want to. I don't care. You will be an unethical ass either way.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Mmmmk.

bongraider
02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
US accuses 10 sports websites of piracy links

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/20110203/ttc-us-it-sports-copyright-crime-justice-0de2eff.html

KaiRMD1
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
This broke my heart because ATDHE was my main go to site for Spurs games.

it's me
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Some games you can’t watch even with cable or satellite…… find a “legal” alternative for that then.......... idiots.

cheguevara
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I liked rojadirecta.

they'll be back...

it's me
02-04-2011, 02:27 PM
rojadirecta was fucking great for euro soccer..... shit.

ChuckD
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
There's a thread on this in The Club with MUCHO discussion.

lefty
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
There's a thread on this in The Club with MUCHO discussion.
Si si

Mucho mucho mas

Brutalis
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Lol, most of them are already back up.

suitedkings
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
This broke my heart because ATDHE was my main go to site for Spurs games.

Psssst. ATDHE move to the .me domain.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-04-2011, 02:48 PM
fromsport.com has everything sports wise.

wildbill2u
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I usually have a hell of a time getting them to work anyway and give up.

crc21209
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Idiots....there are waaay more important things the government should be focused on, like the economy, terrorism, etc. But nooo let's shut down live sports websites that is endangering us! :lol

Nbadan
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
This

Sports fanatics around the web had already started to notice, but today federal officials gave a full list of the sports-streaming websites they have seized in advance of Superbowl Sunday. They also defended their actions, saying that each year sports leagues and broadcasters lose millions of dollars from illegal streaming. But the sites are already back up at a variety of new web addresses, and critics of the government's action were quick to note that at least one of the sites, Rojadirecta, was found to be legal by two Spanish courts.

The seizure is part of "Operation In Our Sites," a series of actions by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that involve taking over web domain names that are alleged to be involved in intellectual property crimes. The operation started out with seizures of websites hawking counterfeit goods, but the seizures have moved into new territory that's included a BitTorrent search engine, music blogs, and now sports-streaming sites. via http://paidcontent.org/article/419-government-offers-ne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeN6RiJmy40

alamo50
02-06-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/7000/Osama--7322.jpg

ChuckD
02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Idiots....there are waaay more important things the government should be focused on, like the economy, terrorism, etc. But nooo let's shut down live sports websites that is endangering us! :lol

Who didn't see this coming when the Patriot Act was passed and then renewed? More to come...

itzsoweezee
02-06-2011, 08:29 PM

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#501
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#106

by the way, when you're watching a stream on your computer, you're reproducing the copyrighted work.

Wild Cobra
02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
by the way, when you're watching a stream on your computer, you're reproducing the copyrighted work.
It's not the act alone, but if you you have the copyright owners permission as well.

SplitterHook
02-07-2011, 02:48 AM
I don't know about you but the only thing the US people achieved was to popularize streaming sites online.

Before this I only knew about sopcast tvu, tvz, etc. And they streamed in chinese. Now thanks to the US government and groups on social media and obvious my friends from spurs talk I learned about many other websites like atdhenet, rojadirecta, firstrow, fromsports, myp2p and other blogs too.

What gonna happen? Me and everyone else will spread the word about every streaming site we can find on the internet and what they call "piracy" will be much more popular.

I'm way happier now... I can watch the spurs game with english commentary :) Actually, I can watch every sportive event broadcasted, apparently.

Thanks US government!!!!!

MiamiHeat
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Corporations are unethical pieces of shit EVERY FUCING DAY

they steal from tax payers and abuse their power, buying politicians to help enforce their monopolies and disenfranchise consumers.

citizens who view a broadcast, complete with commercials, are just fine with me.

people are very wrong when they say these corporations lost millions of dollars.

for many people, it is between watching and NOT watching. I would say the largest majority would not have paid for it if they couldnt watch it for free.

we need a NEW television model for the 21st century. one that embraces online FREE streaming with commercials, and it shows local commercials based on your IP address location...... or a "package" that you can buy relatively cheap for online viewing.

this shit about charging $9 for ONE channel you want is complete thievery and they can go to hell.

and wild cobra can too.

MannyIsGod
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#501
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#106

Read through that and I see nothing in there that is aimed at streaming. Can you copy and paste which sections you believe apply?

Wild Cobra
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Corporations are unethical pieces of shit EVERY FUCING DAY

So...

You are of the mindset that two wrongs make a right?

Great ethics!

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
So...

You are of the mindset that two wrongs make a right?

Great ethics!

Yes, because people watching sports on a streaming website is much more dangerous than corporations fleecing the American public and stealing trillions of dollars of revenue for personal gain.

People watching the Superbowl on an unauthorized stream is a threat so grave to the security of America that it warrants so much attention and money to accomplish nothing, as nearly every site is already back up and running under an alias.

Do you support the war on drugs as well?

Spurminator
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
WC is just defending his corporate overlords like a good little peon.

Keep fighting the good fight brother!

Wild Cobra
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
WC is just defending his corporate overlords like a good little peon.

Keep fighting the good fight brother!

Not at all. If you wish to jump to conclusions, who am I to stop you from ASSuming?

I dislike many practices that are legal. Still, two wrong do not make a right, and justifying such actions by making someone else to be the bad guy is not only in poor taste, but unethical. In these cases, illegal as well.

What if they made an example of you?

Pero
02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
people are very wrong when they say these corporations lost millions of dollars.

for many people, it is between watching and NOT watching. I would say the largest majority would not have paid for it if they couldnt watch it for free.

Precisely.

Spurminator
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Not at all. If you wish to jump to conclusions, who am I to stop you from ASSuming?

I dislike many practices that are legal. Still, two wrong do not make a right, and justifying such actions by making someone else to be the bad guy is not only in poor taste, but unethical. In these cases, illegal as well.

What if they made an example of you?

Beyond it being technically illegal, what makes it "wrong", in your opinion?

Wild Cobra
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Beyond it being technically illegal, what makes it "wrong", in your opinion?
You are not entitled to take other people's work without their consent.

Do you believe in constitutional copyright protections or not?

Spurminator
02-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Insofar as copying it and reselling it or creating a revenue stream out of it? Sure. Insofar as watching a soccer match that I might not otherwise be able to watch? That's a stretch.

If broadcasters/leagues were losing money because of online streaming (they're not), the onus would be on them to figure out a pricing/availability model that makes it so people would rather pay for the broadcasts than watch it on low-quality internet video. But rest assured, they're doing just fine. Getting the government involved is just an easy way to squeeze a few more bucks out of people.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Does the same apply to Napster?

How many people have been prosecuted for those downloads?

The constitution allows for copyright protection. Laws are expected to be made to protect such copyrights.

It wouldn't surprise me if DHS makes an example out of some Americans watching these illegal broadcasts, like they did with Napster users.

What if you are one of them...

:lol at comparing the downloading, storing, and redistribution of music via the internet to the one-time streaming of media with no regard to saving or re-distro.

Your comparisons are ridiculous, WC, and you should put just a little more thought into them.

Wild Cobra
02-08-2011, 01:51 AM
:lol at comparing the downloading, storing, and redistribution of music via the internet to the one-time streaming of media with no regard to saving or re-distro.

Your comparisons are ridiculous, WC, and you should put just a little more thought into them.
i could make a better argument if i took the time. No need to. My point is valid. It is illegal to download many of these broadcasts, period. Just that simple.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
i could make a better argument if i took the time. No need to. My point is valid. It is illegal to download many of these broadcasts, period. Just that simple.

lol backpedaling

Spurminator
02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Illegal means wrong. All hail the infallibility of government legislation!

Wild Cobra
02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
lol backpedaling
No, just tired of the stupidity here. Not going to spend but a few one liners. You lamers don't deserve better.

koriwhat
02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
No, just tired of the stupidity here. Not going to spend but a few one liners. You lamers don't deserve better.

anyone know a good site to get some movies, music, apps, etc from? haha fuck you wc!

btw, you always come crying in these threads about illegality of such subjects and yet i'm sure you're no saint. my fav saying in the last couple months is cunt but i gotta say my other fav to you, kill yourself!

Thompson
02-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I recently moved to an area where I don't get Spurs games on TV. I saw the broadband price had dropped, so I thought 'what the heck' and bought it.

First game (against the Kings the other night) I had a heck of a time just getting it to launch (NBA.com kept trying to sell the service to me again, even after I had bought it, and wouldn't give me a link to launch it). Clicked the link to watch the game tonight: "Blacked out." Presumably the game is on NBA.TV, which I don't get. Sons of #$&*@+!

mouse
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Did you contact Barack Obama's licensing department to use his bumper sticker in your sig?

Did you create your avatar or did you get permission from the original creator?

Did you check to see if anyone has the copyright the the name "wild Cobra" ?

Some of you self righteous sin free people really need to understand the difference between borrowing, and actual theft.

Spurminator
03-07-2011, 12:51 PM
The operator of channelsurfing.net was arrested at his Deer Park home without incident by officers of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

The feds say he had made more than $90,000 in profits from ads sold on the site since December 2005, and that the site had gotten 1.3 million hits since it was seized by the government on February 1.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/03/livestream_sports_arrest.php

Slomo
03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Guys,

Discussing the faith of atdhe is one thing but don't post links to sites with live or recorded NBA games, it's one of the few rules of this forum.

Thanks.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
does someone know why are there no more nba games to watch on atdhe??

koriwhat
04-16-2011, 04:07 PM
does someone know why are there no more nba games to watch on atdhe??

you're probably on some fake atdhe alt site. i forget atdhe's ip.

use... first row sports dot eu.

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM

thanx. :toast

Bukefal
04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/03/livestream_sports_arrest.php

channelsurfing was the best imo. I miss it :depressed

I don't know why atdhe does not stream nba anymore. Only soccer

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
channelsurfing was the best imo. I miss it :depressed

I don't know why atdhe does not stream nba anymore. Only soccer

just go to that page that koriwhat wrote. Looks like it's pretty good. :hat

lefty
04-24-2011, 10:20 PM

No he is right; the real Atdhe doesnt have BB anymore

And by the way, thank you for the link; its great

Hooks
04-25-2011, 03:29 AM
If anyone needs any streams to the Spurs games or other sporting events just PM me.