PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone literally realize how bad the officiating is right now?

TE
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:w ow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow :wow:wow

On four straight possessions late in the fourth quarter.

I'm no Spurs homer. I give the opposing team props if they take it to the Spurs, but come the fuck on.

Aside from Lemarcus having the game of his life, and other Portland players having a good game, come the fuck on.

The game isn't about the officiating, it's about the damn game.

Stupid retarded refs.

honestfool84
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
what a great note to start the road trip on.

mexicanjunior
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Not the refs faults...Spurs played like crap, this loss is on them alone.

HarlemHeat37
The refs weren't the reason the Spurs lost tonight, but ya, it was the worst officiated game against the Spurs this season, at least off the top of my head..

TE
Blame it on whoever that bald referee is. I don't give a shit to look for his name.

Making calls like if he's got NMR vision.

Cry Havoc
02-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Not the refs faults...Spurs played like crap, this loss is on them alone.

Hard to play well when you can't touch the other team without a whistle, and they're allowed to maul you on the other end of the court with no call.

Every time the Spurs started getting into a rhythm, the whistles came fast and furious.

One of the most poorly officiated games I've ever seen.

Leetonidas
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
They aren't solely responsible but they definitely killed any momentum the Spurs had and never allowed them to get into an offensive rhythm in the second half. At least call the entire game consistently.

Spursfanfromafar
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
A badly refereed game no doubt, but this is a road game and one has to prepare for such contingencies. I think the loss is as much on the Spurs' bad execution as much as the refs. Too many stupid jumpers by the Spurs' guards.

mexicanjunior
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Hard to play well when you can't touch the other team without a whistle, and they're allowed to maul you on the other end of the court with no call.

Every time the Spurs started getting into a rhythm, the whistles came fast and furious.

Missed free throws...stagnant offense...terrible 3pt shooting...inability to rebound in the 4th quarter...they deserved this loss.

Rummpd
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Pop played into this by going small and took Blair out who was grabbing boards like crazy but it was a badly called game. Move on and root for Houston over the Lakers tonight.

TE
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Exactly, to the most of you posters. Good game by the Blazers, they wanted it more. But every damn time the Spurs got something going, a whistle was sure to be called. Phantom calls all day every day.

That Manu offensive foul call still has me laughing on the floor. You got to be kidding me.

elbamba
Although the spurs lot the game. I would like to blame it on the delayed foul calls that happened about 5 times tonight by the same ref. Never in our favor.

Arc
trap game (cause portland sucks). really bad officiating. we shot like shit. it happens.

it's a long trip, but hopefully this loss will motivate us for the next game.

ChuckD
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Olandis Poole needs to be fired tonight. Nobody pays to see that bald-ass boomberah blow his whistle.

Darth_Pelican
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
It may not seem like much, but I think that the missed layup by Manu to start the 4th quarter changed the game. The Spurs would have been up by 7 points at that point. Instead, Portland wound up scoring, cutting the lead to 3, and the Spurs never could build a lead back up after that.

Chieflion
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Our defense sucked as well. The Blazers were living off lobs, pick and rolls, pick and pops to Aldridge, who should have really been the number 1 option over Brandon Roy before his injury. Once Wesley Matthews got a little something going, the Spurs didn't really have a chance.

jag
Bitching about the refs is weak and reeks of Phoenix Suns fans

scottspurs
The leader of suck tonight was Tony Parker

mexicanjunior
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM
It may not seem like much, but I think that the missed layup by Manu to start the 4th quarter changed the game. The Spurs would have been up by 7 points at that point. Instead, Portland wound up scoring, cutting the lead to 3, and the Spurs never could build a lead back up after that.

1 of about 6 missed layups...

ChuckD
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Pop played into this by going small and took Blair out who was grabbing boards like crazy but it was a badly called game. Move on and root for Houston over the Lakers tonight.

He had four fouls about halfway through the third quarter after going into the half with only two. The way it was called, he wouldn't have lasted the quarter if Pop DIDN'T take him out.

TE
02-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Bitching about the refs is weak and reeks of Phoenix Suns fans

C'mon bro. Four straight calls (all questionable mind you) to kill momentum late in the game.

Sure the spurs played like shit, but even at that, they were close with 6-5 minutes to go, until the whistles came in.

Man In Black
This is a teaching game. Pop overplaying the small ball card and letting LaMarcus go career high on his team. While the refs changed the momentum with 4 straight whistles, including a Manu charge on a 3 point attempt in where he stepped backwards, the Pick and Roll Switch Defense was pretty bad.
40-8 onwards the team goes.

TDMVPDPOY
dont blame the change of ball either, didnt stop us from puttin the ball into the basket

fkn 8 on 5 with ghost fouls isnt fun....

anderson shouldve gotten more minutes this game after neal was pulling a stinker during a bad stretch we didnt need more salt to the wound...

duncanCOSTARICA
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
FUCKING TERRIBLE OFFICIATING!!!!! JUST CANT BELIEVE IT.....I JUST HOPE THIS WIN HELPS PORTLAND GET THE 8th seed SO WE CAN GET THEIR ASSEES IN THE POS.

I COULD SEE POP VERY FRUSTRATED ABOUT THE OFFICIALS WITH HIS BODY LANGUAGE, MATURE ENOUGh TO NOT TELL THEM WHERE THEIR MOTHERS COME FROM!

PS: WE should have gone more to tim also in the 4th...with al this said i think its going to be a long rodeo road trip.:ihit

GO SPURS GO

Capt Bringdown
BS. That sequence where the Blazers got 4 possessions off of offensive rebounds from clanked 3-pointers is more emblematic of this game than bad officiating.
Small ball and offensive paralysis (standing around and heaving jumpers) against the zone is what killed us.
Coaching paralysis as well. Pop couldn't be bothered to respond to what the Blazers were doing.

jestersmash
Quite the home cooking. The game was actually called consistently tight for the first half. The home cooking kicked in during a key run in the 4th quarter. The Matthews flop to the floor when he was reaching in (slightly) and Ginobili went up for the shot. That about sums up the refereeing in the 4th quarter, and it's a big deal. 3 less free throws, and another attempt for Portland. Potential 5 or 6 point swing.

I've got great respect for Aldridge, though. He is the real deal, and I respect his game. Portland also had some pretty solid defensive stretches throughout the game.

Disappointed that the refs didn't call the game fairly down the stretch, though. Would've been interesting to have it be a ball game through the end of the game instead of just giving the win to Portland prematurely. Oh well.

TDMVPDPOY
The leader of suck tonight was Tony Parker

lol at his fans who want him in the ASG, cant even defend a scrub like miller...fck that shit

jestersmash
02-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh, and Portland was wise to abuse the Andre-Parker mismatch in the post. I was surprised Pop even allowed Tony to try and defend 1 on 1. Tony is consistently terrible against larger, taller guards in that situation. I'm not mad at Tony for it. I simply recognize that it's not within his ability to guard 1 on 1 in that situation.

concken
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
you watch glee?

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
they basically took blair out of the game after he beasted on them in the first half...he was like a negative outlier in the 2nd half

this is what i dont get, duncan was scoring well, and they stop going to him...fkn wankers on the team should know who has the hot hand and passin it to

spurtech09
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
you noticed that too?come on it was so obvious ...refs were really screwing the spurs....thank you refs

duncanCOSTARICA
02-02-2011, 12:36 AM
there was also a ghost foul on ginobili where the nearest official didnt saw shit and the baseline one (whom was far behind) called for two made free throws, Gino couldnt believe it....that was terrible, i dont mind losing but losing like this turns my fucking fire on!

jag
C'mon bro. Four straight calls (all questionable mind you) to kill momentum late in the game.

Sure the spurs played like shit, but even at that, they were close with 6-5 minutes to go, until the whistles came in.

Officiating didn't lose this game. Weak take

Arc
dont blame the change of ball either, didnt stop us from puttin the ball into the basket

fkn 8 on 5 with ghost fouls isnt fun....

anderson shouldve gotten more minutes this game after neal was pulling a stinker during a bad stretch we didnt need more salt to the wound...

that's been pop's problem his entire career. he doesn't play his players. splitter and anderson should have gotten at least 10 to 15 minutes. perhaps they could have provided a spark off the bench that was much needed.

there's really no excuse.

GrandeDavid
02-02-2011, 12:38 AM

Agreed, and I admire Pop's self-control. He would just stand there looking numb in disbelief. Just comically poor officiating or gifting, whatever one calls manipulating the game to favor another team.

jag
BS. That sequence where the Blazers got 4 possessions off of offensive rebounds from clanked 3-pointers is more emblematic of this game than bad officiating.
Small ball and offensive paralysis (standing around and heaving jumpers) against the zone is what killed us.
Coaching paralysis as well. Pop couldn't be bothered to respond to what the Blazers were doing.

Budkin
Damn this loss has really put me in a foul mood.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
that's been pop's problem his entire career. he doesn't play his players. splitter and anderson should have gotten at least 10 to 15 minutes. perhaps they could have provided a spark off the bench that was much needed.

there's really no excuse.

splitter wouldve been useful for the mismatch down low

anderson shouldve taken rj and neals minutes

where was RJ this game, fkn negative from this game...he basically did shit all, just another player on the court makin up the numbers

spurtech09
02-02-2011, 12:44 AM
what do you have to lose pop...i think putting splitter in the line up wouldn't have hurt at all pop

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 04:25 AM
No, but I'd watch with a gleeful expression as this ref who fucked up my night and my team's night and championship hopes as his family gets tickle chainsaw tortured in front of his eyes and he's crying watching it and i'm laughing my ass off and he gets ignited electric chainsaws shoved up his ass and skunk juice shoved down his throat and 500º acid thrown in his eyes
Now the little boy is using "manly" words. The Refs sucked, but damn, you went 15 year old overboard.

Rynospursfan
02-02-2011, 04:33 AM
I realize, but only figuratively. :drool:

greyforest
02-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Facts about NBA officiating:

-Players, coaches, and teams are given a large fine for publicly questioning referee's calls using the media.
-Players are given technical fouls for disagreeing with referee's calls on the court.
-Paul Donaghy, an ex-NBA referee released a book documenting an alleged illegitimacy of NBA officiating.
-The NBA validated Donaghy's allegations by vigorously trying to suppress publication of the book.

If you think the NBA officiating is in any way meant to be unbiased, you are an absolute fucking retard. The first fact listed there by itself is enough to show that, without a doubt, the NBA doesn't want any judgement of their officiating. They want ultimate control over it, and they explicitly suppress any dissension from within their organization.

greyforest
02-02-2011, 04:42 AM
No, but I'd watch with a gleeful expression as this ref who fucked up my night and my team's night and championship hopes as his family gets tickle chainsaw tortured in front of his eyes and he's crying watching it and i'm laughing my ass off and he gets ignited electric chainsaws shoved up his ass and skunk juice shoved down his throat and 500º acid thrown in his eyes

hahahah this kid with aspergers always cracks me up :toast

keep rockin' guitardude27.

jdiggy0424
02-02-2011, 04:46 AM
poor officiating yes, but its only the 8th time they've loss this season. Nothing to see here.

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 04:58 AM
hahahah this kid with aspergers always cracks me up :toast

keep rockin' guitardude27.
:lmao

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 05:03 AM
poor officiating yes, but its only the 8th time they've loss this season. Nothing to see here.
That's the point.

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 05:04 AM
This is not.

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Exactly, to the most of you posters. Good game by the Blazers, they wanted it more. But every damn time the Spurs got something going, a whistle was sure to be called. Phantom calls all day every day.

That Manu offensive foul call still has me laughing on the floor. You got to be kidding me.

phyzik
02-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Maybe you should stop watching basketball for a little while, take care of whatever problem you obviously have in your life.

cheguevara
02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm not one to bitch about officiating bitching. But Spurs got pounded by Portland plain and simple. Officiating is a lame excuse.

yavozerb
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Agree with those who blame the spurs clanking free throws and shots rather than the refs. Pretty weak bailout to blame a loss on the refs.

easjer
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Reality is that officiating will not always be in your favor. Better to understand that it may feel like 5 on 8 at times and the only way to change that is to play through it. The Spurs were incapable of doing so last night. If they were going to play the way they played, officiating couldn't have helped them. You can bitch about rhythm all you want, but you have to get stops and make the shots you get. They couldn't do that.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
neal was fkn frustrating to watch this game, its like he morph into roger mason doing more outside what his game is good at, drivin in for either a layup or better shot, when he should just shoot the 3 contested or not....

ElNono
02-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't peg the reason they lost to the refs, but it's certainly difficult to navigate through a game where only one team is allowed to be physical...

tlongII
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I agree that we should have received more calls last night, but we won so I'm not going to complain.

Phillip
02-02-2011, 11:51 AM
seems like every loss has been due to officiating in the minds of spurfans

lol crying :cry :cry :cry

Giuseppe
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
It is a shame. Phil is right.

It's the bane of the Spurs Fan.

rascal
02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Maybe you should stop watching basketball for a little while, take care of whatever problem you obviously have in your life.

Agree, that kid has some mental issues. Anger management in high school. :lol

Cane
02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Blazers did benefit from a pretty inconsistent officiated game that went in their favor but thats the NBA for ya. Letting whistles decide the game just doesn't work anyway, Spurs fans should know this especially after that no-call on Barry back in 08. :toast

gospursgojas
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
If you think thats bad, just wait till the Laker game on thier home floor on nat tv. Refs are gonna rape the spurs.

Obstructed_View
02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
The closer the game, the more likely a bounce or a call will make a difference. The trick is to play well so that those things don't hurt you.

Fpoonsie
02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
6ly1UTgiBXM

FromWayDowntown
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
It's always, always, always weak sauce to blame the officiating. Referees will never be perfect and they will always be susceptible to the factors that affect human performance at times. As others have said, the key is to deal with it by taking care of things that you can take care of; the Spurs obviously didn't do that.

One thing that you can take care of is adjusting the way you play to the officiating and the Spurs also have done a pretty bad job of that at times, particularly in games in which Mike Callahan has been the crew chief. The Spurs are 3-3 with Callahan this year, having lost all 3 road games that he's called (last night in Portland, at New Orleans on 1/22, and at Orlando on 12/23). They did win their home games, including games against Atlanta and Denver.