02-02-2011, 01:22 AM
gut the EPA

gut financial regulation

try to kill ACA

defund the SEC

defund CFPA

Issa witch hunts Obama

Kill teacher tenure and bust teacher unions

let states, cities, counties go bankrupt to bust unions and destroy their pensions, destroying 100s of 1000s of jobs and impoverishing retirees.

witch hunt Muslims and block sharia law

block abortion for rape victims (incest victims up next)

etc, etc, etc.

Where are the proposals for jobs and the economy?

Wild Cobra
02-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Since when does government do anything but interfere? Maybe getting out of the way is the answer...

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Since when does government do anything but interfere? Maybe getting out of the way is the answer...
Isn't that what deregulation was supposed to do, numb-nuts? ...for the love of God.

johnsmith
02-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Forget the topic of this thread, the wording in the title seems more open to interpretation than anything.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 08:38 AM

RandomGuy
02-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Issa witch hunts Obama

I hope we don't get into the battle of special prosecutors/inquisitors. That shit gets irksome real quick.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 09:09 AM
google Issa. He said he will subpoena the WH for essentially everything. Says Obama is the most corrupt President in history. I'm quite amazed he hasn't started, yet.

I wonder who was on Obama's Christmas card list? Lots of job and economic stimulus to be had there.

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 09:23 AM
I hope we don't get into the battle of special prosecutors/inquisitors. That shit gets irksome real quick.

Issa concerned about hiring practices.... and the reasons why we went to war were never were truly investigated...

TeyshaBlue
02-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Speaking of which, Kenneth Starr's brother Jerry, is my Dad's barber.:lol

ElNono
02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
They did negotiate to extend the tax-cuts before figuring out how we're going to make up for the lost revenue.

I guess they were against Keynesian economics before they were for it.

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
...the reasons why we went to war were never were truly investigated...
That's because Democrats got more political mileage out of just screaming "Bush lied and people died" for eight years than actually investigating the absurd allegations they hurled. If they had bothered, they would have had to shut the fuck up when they found out that 1) most of them supported the AUMFs in both Iraq and Afghanistan, under which President Bush engaged those countries militarily, 2) that President Bush made his decisions based on the same intelligence available to Congress and over which virtually every Democrat declared Saddam Hussein a menace that had to be stopped; and, 3) that the wars were and are legitimate military actions.

It was easier and more politically beneficial for Democrats to bitch.

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
That's because Democrats got more political mileage out of just screaming "Bush lied and people died" for eight years than actually investigating the absurd allegations they hurled. If they had bothered, they would have had to shut the fuck up when they found out that 1) most of them supported the AUMFs in both Iraq and Afghanistan, under which President Bush engaged those countries militarily, 2) that President Bush made his decisions based on the same intelligence available to Congress and over which virtually every Democrat declared Saddam Hussein a menace that had to be stopped; and, 3) that the wars were and are legitimate military actions.

It was easier and more politically beneficial for Democrats to bitch.

What did Rumsfield mean when he said he knew where the wmds were? Around the Tikrit area if I recall... No, you're right we shouldn't even ask what these guys were talking about... or about those mobile weapons labs... that were known to not be as stated but yet somehow they were used as justification for war..you're right everyone had the same intel..no need to look back... I as an American have no right to know how so many things that came out after the war started were so wrong.. nothing to see here.. let's get back to nitpicking and investigating potetnial job offers..:rolleyes

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 10:42 AM
What did Rumsfield mean when he said he knew where the wmds were? Around the Tikrit area if I recall... No, you're right we shouldn't even ask what these guys were talking about... or about those mobile weapons labs... that were known to not be as stated but yet somehow they were used as justification for war..you're right everyone had the same intel..no need to look back... I as an American have no right to know how so many things that came out after the war started were so wrong.. nothing to see here.. let's get back to nitpicking and investigating potetnial job offers..:rolleyes
I wish they had investigated. But, no, instead they resorted to unsubstantiated heckling and mock impeachments.

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I wish they had investigated. But, no, instead they resorted to unsubstantiated heckling and mock impeachments.

I am still trying to figure out if Sec of defense was lying that day... but hey what's a few thousand dead GIs.. mere collateral damage I suppose

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I am still trying to figure out if Sec of defense was lying. that day... but hey what's a few thousand dead GIs.. mere collateral damage
I don't believe he was lying and what are you doing to "figure it out?" Posting on a minor political forum on the internet? That's significant.

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Does the ever-popular Downing St memo count as unsubstantiated heckling? By that logic Nixon didn't authorize wire-taps because he wasn't prosecuted for it.

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Does the ever-popular Downing St memo count as unsubstantiated heckling? By that logic Nixon didn't authorize wire-taps because he wasn't prosecuted for it.
Pretty much, yeah. Especially since the entire criticism hinged on the meaning of the word "fixed" and that both Blair and Bush denied they had settled on any action at that early date. It doesn't help that Hussein's atrocities and insults were ongoing and stretched back over a decade since he agreed to place nice.

Guess you should have pushed harder for an official inquiry instead of letting the press do the grunt work.

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't believe he was lying and what are you doing to "figure it out?" Posting on a minor political forum on the internet? That's significant.

He said we knew where the wmds were. Either he was lying our he had no idea what he was talking about.. again..nothing to look into

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
He said we knew where the wmds were. Either he was lying our he had no idea what he was talking about.. again..nothing to look into
Or, he trusted intelligence that was wrong or, at the time he made the statement it was true and the wmds were moved, destroyed, or otherwise disposed before we arrived or, or, or, or...

Your assumption, driven by an opposition narrative, isn't the only possible answer.

clambake
02-02-2011, 11:16 AM
powell already admitted the evidence for war was "deliberately misleading".

move on. we know the truth.

ElNono
02-02-2011, 11:19 AM
They're still translating the documents, tbh

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Or, he trusted intelligence that was wrong or, at the time he made the statement it was true and the wmds were moved, destroyed, or otherwise disposed before we arrived or, or, or, or...

Your assumption, driven by an opposition narrative, isn't the only possible answer.

Well it's obvious you view the lives of the dead GIs with less value than I do..to each his own I suppose

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Well it's obvious you view the lives of the dead GIs with less value than I do..to each his own I suppose
Why? If it is a legitimate war, which I believe it is, it would be unreasonable to expect a military engagement without casualties.

I think it's obvious you view the sacrifices of the killed and injured with less value than do I.

clambake
02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
too bad it wasn't legitimate.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 12:01 PM
"If it is a legitimate war"

You're still still lying.

There is no IF in BUSH LIED,

there is no IF in Iraq-was-for-oil.

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Pretty much, yeah. Especially since the entire criticism hinged on the meaning of the word "fixed" and that both Blair and Bush denied they had settled on any action at that early date. It doesn't help that Hussein's atrocities and insults were ongoing and stretched back over a decade since he agreed to place nice.

Guess you should have pushed harder for an official inquiry instead of letting the press do the grunt work.

Lost amidst your dismissive certitudes was your proof. Prove to me that this isn't a giant horseshit-bomb of a response.

The only reason there was no actionable inquiry was that it was delivered stillborn by the Republican majority that deemed an investigation unworthy of official inquiry because they were coming up on mid-terms. (And spare me the defensive suspicion of being biased on partisan lines simply because I believe the Republicans disgraced themselves during W's administration. Half these modern Republicans aren't worth a tick on Barry Goldwater's nuts.)

As for the coda about Hussein's atrocities is immaterial given we didn't make war with far greater (and more dangerous to American interests) despots.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Why? If it is a legitimate war, which I believe it is, it would be unreasonable to expect a military engagement without casualties.

I think it's obvious you view the sacrifices of the killed and injured with less value than do I.lol legitimate

And fuck you, yoni. We were right about Iraq and you were wrong. Our way would have spared the lives of thousands of young Americans and countless Iraqis we liberated from their existence.

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Lost amidst your dismissive certitudes was your proof. Prove to me that this isn't a giant horseshit-bomb of a response.

The only reason there was no actionable inquiry was that it was delivered stillborn by the Republican majority that deemed an investigation unworthy of official inquiry because they were coming up on mid-terms. (And spare me the defensive suspicion of being biased on partisan lines simply because I believe the Republicans disgraced themselves during W's administration. Half these modern Republicans aren't worth a tick on Barry Goldwater's nuts.)
Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, during the Bush administration, for a sufficient period of time to investigate and/or defund the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. They did neither.

That's my proof.

As for the coda about Hussein's atrocities is immaterial given we didn't make war with far greater (and more dangerous to American interests) despots.
I don't recall Congress passing an Authorization for the Use of Military Force for any other trouble spot. Did I miss it?

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, during the Bush administration, for a sufficient period of time to investigate and/or defund the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. They did neither.

That's my proof.

Hiding behind the cowardice of the opposition party isn't proof.

I don't recall Congress passing an Authorization for the Use of Military Force for any other trouble spot. Did I miss it?
More smoke. Isn't the whole point of our contention the circumstances under which this authorization was passed?

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hiding behind the cowardice of the opposition party isn't proof.
It proves neither political party, representing the vast majority of Americans, believed as you do.

More smoke. Isn't the whole point of our contention the circumstances under which this authorization was passed?
And, I've said, all the opposition has done since they voted FOR the AUMF is complain, instead of actually trying to get to the truth. If the Democrats truly thought they were misled into passing the AUMFs for Iraq or Afghanistan, they've had plenty of opportunity to air it out on Capitol Hill.

They also could have simply defunded the action.

They did neither. Why? I believe it's because they knew their rhetoric was just bluster intended to damage George W. Bush politically.

George Gervin's Afro
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
It proves neither political party, representing the vast majority of Americans, believed as you do.

And, I've said, all the opposition has done since they voted FOR the AUMF is complain, instead of actually trying to get to the truth. If the Democrats truly thought they were misled into passing the AUMFs for Iraq or Afghanistan, they've had plenty of opportunity to air it out on Capitol Hill.

They did neither. Why? I believe it's because they knew their rhetoric was just bluster intended to damage George W. Bush politically.

Or the thought of defunding a war midstream was dangerous and impractical...

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Or the thought of defunding a war midstream was dangerous and impractical...
Undermining the war effort with rhetoric was much more practical and safe.

What's Obama's excuse? He's had two years to stop this unnecessary war.

Reality has a way of sobering even the most idiotic liberal.

Fabbs
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.noatodo.org/files/2009/02/george-bush-monkey.jpg

Worked from 00 to 08.

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Or that any effort to defund the war would be viewed as an attack on our soldiers, not the war. Ergo: political suicide.

They did neither. Why? I believe it's because they knew their rhetoric was just bluster intended to damage George W. Bush politically.Or maybe because enough Dems were unwilling to expose themselves as the dunder-headed un-thinking politicians they were during the period. Instead of governing, most were content to be governed by the fear of the people. I know you love the partisan bullshit, but it gets nowhere.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Undermining the war effort with rhetoric was much more practical and safe.

What's Obama's excuse? He's had two years to stop this unnecessary war.

Reality has a way of sobering even the most idiotic liberal.The reality is we broke it, so we continue to pay for it.

It was a mistake, and now we have to pay to fix it.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
"He's had two years to stop this unnecessary war."

The MIC prolongs/expands the wars to the MICs advantage, taxpayers pick up the tab and the debt.

The MIC is too powerful (own too many Congress members) to be denied.

Has NOTHING to do with anything the WH, any occupant, wants to do.

The MIC rules, not the elected civilians.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 06:59 PM
The war-loving, war-sustaining MIC in its full gluttonous glory:

The US military paid 285 billion dollars over three years to hundreds of military contractors that defrauded the Pentagon over the same stretch of time, a US senator charged Wednesday.

Brandishing a 45-page January 2011 US Department of Defense report on the issue, Independent Senator Bernie Sanders called for "far more vigorous enforcement" by the US military "to protect taxpayers from massive fraud."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/sanders-pentagon-billions-fraudsters/

============

The military brass itself is in full collusion, to be repaid by the MIC with jobs after their military career.

Ain't no way Barry or anybody can turn the spigots of taxpayer $$$ flowing to the MIC.

Yonivore
02-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Or that any effort to defund the war would be viewed as an attack on our soldiers, not the war. Ergo: political suicide.
Translated: Democrats are unprincipled cowards. [Hint: They could have given the executive ample warning before defunding and then, Grasshopper, the onus would have been on the President, who had been duly warned.] The fact remains, No one in Washington believed the war was illegitimate or unwarranted. They just wanted you think they did. Pretty successful, if you ask me.

Or maybe because enough Dems were unwilling to expose themselves as the dunder-headed un-thinking politicians they were during the period. Instead of governing, most were content to be governed by the fear of the people. I know you love the partisan bullshit, but it gets nowhere.
Translated: Democrats are unprincipled cowards. Thank God we've pushed them out of power in the House. Now, if we can just take back the Senate and White House.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Translated: Democrats are unprincipled cowards. [Hint: They could have given the executive ample warning before defunding and then, Grasshopper, the onus would have been on the President, who had been duly warned.] The fact remains, No one in Washington believed the war was illegitimate or unwarranted. They just wanted you think they did. Pretty successful, if you ask me.

Translated: Democrats are unprincipled cowards. Thank God we've pushed them out of power in the House. Now, if we can just take back the Senate and White House.Sure, Democrats are unprincipled cowards.

Republicans are unprincipled warmongers.

What else is new?

Wild Cobra
02-02-2011, 07:56 PM
We don't need more government jobs. We have too many already. Government needs to step out of the way of entrepreneurs, and let them create jobs.

Don't you libtards get that?

We also need more tax payers. Not more taxes.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
We don't need more government jobs. We have too many already. Government needs to step out of the way of entrepreneurs, and let them create jobs.

We also need more tax payers. Not more taxes.So what's their plan?

So far it's add to the deficit by repealing health care reform.

boutons_deux
02-02-2011, 08:15 PM

We also need more tax payers. Not more taxes.

non-federal govts are laying off employees by the 1000s, fireman, police, school teachers, maintenance workers, etc, etc.

So what's the Repug plan for creating more tax payers?

Why not kill Earned Income Tax Credit? that creates more tax payers, right?

We know the big corps creating more jobs overseas in 2010 than they did in USA. What's the Repug plan to induce them to create more jobs in the USA?

How about blocking abortion for rape? and other Repug hot buttons. That'll do the job creation magic, more babies on underfunded welfare, and more babies is more taxpayers, if they can find jobs.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
non-federal govts are laying off employees by the 1000s, fireman, police, school teachers, maintenance workers, etc, etc.

So what's the Repug plan for creating more tax payers?

Why not kill Earned Income Tax Credit? that creates more tax payers, right?

We know the big corps creating more jobs overseas in 2010 than they did in USA. What's the Repug plan to induce them to create more jobs in the USA?

How about blocking abortion for rape? and other Repug hot buttons. That'll do the job creation magic, more babies on underfunded welfare, and more babies is more taxpayers, if they can find jobs.
So you have no plan either.

Well, it's actually this simple, but there are no immediate effects. It took 40 years or so of liberal policies to harm our nation to this point. It will be some time for us to dig out.

Stop subsidizing people not to work. Not immediately, but make it know the programs are going away except for tightly controlled special instances. Stop penalizing the tax and wage producers. Make it next to impossible for illegal aliens to find work. Restore migrant labor laws so the seasonal jobs can be done, but stop the permanent jobs from getting illegal labor. Remind the public of personal responsibility, and instill such things in our schools rather than ways of muching off the government like they do today.

I can go an and on, why we are a nation failing. Problem is, libtards just will not understand.