PDA

View Full Version : Has Tony personal life affected his game tonight?

ElNono
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
tbh, I'm surprised nobody brought this up after the boneheaded plays he had in the 2nd half tonight + getting abused by Miller throughout...

You think he was thinking about his divorce party or something like that?

:stirpot:

Hoops Czar
02-02-2011, 01:44 AM
No. I think he had a bad game.

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2011, 01:53 AM
They're professionals man. A very replaceable female is nothing to fuck your game up, especially this far down the road.

I'm not saying this doesn't exist in professional sports. David Akers certainly had an excuse in the Eagles loss to the Packers...his little girl was/is battling/something some time of cancer (I forget the particulars). And he's a kicker, who has very few tries under some very very very tense moments. Not too many more athletes feel the same pressure as NFL field goal kickers.

So no, Tony has been ballin ALL SEASON LONG.

SenorSpur
02-02-2011, 01:59 AM
I doubt this very seriously. The court is an athlete's sanctuary. Very few of them think about anything other than besting their opponent, when they walk between the lines. Most of them have the ability to compartmentalize and compete - the great ones "always" do.

crc21209
02-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Nehhh. Once in awhile Tony just has a "WTF" kind of game, and that just happened to be tonight...when he just doesnt look too into it. Not to mention that Andre freakin Miller always seems to own Tony for some reason...

jjktkk
02-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Hard to say. This was TP's 1st marriage, but personally I think he just had a bad game.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM
The divorce got finalized yesterday or the day before. I'm sure it was lingering in his head. I remember earlier in the season he had some emotional lunch meet up with Eva and played like garbage that night.

The court may be a player's sanctuary, but everyone reacts differently to stress. I'm sure Parker will be ready for LA. I'm kinda glad this loss happened so the Spurs will be even more focused for LA. They don't wanna start this trip 0-2. Lots of winnable games in this RRT.

concken
02-02-2011, 02:19 AM
They finalized last Friday so to say he wasn't affected may be an overshot. Have to agree with the general consensus though, and say "bad game"

DJ Mbenga
02-02-2011, 02:24 AM
maybe it was the portland crowd

MaNu4Tres
02-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Tonys always had a problem going up against Andre Miller.

UnWantedTheory
02-02-2011, 05:11 AM
Im sure he isn't the happiest SOB atm, but it seems he just had a "bad game". Let us hope anyways.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2011, 05:48 AM
this is fail, he didnt have problems all season man

just bad matchup and no one turnin up especially of the bench

Bukefal
02-02-2011, 05:51 AM
There we go again.

He just had a bad game, that's it.

GrandeDavid
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
tbh, I'm surprised nobody brought this up after the boneheaded plays he had in the 2nd half tonight + getting abused by Miller throughout...

It definitely weighs on him. Marriage is a union of two souls and it's not like he messed up by marrying in Vegas then a couple weeks later he's divorcing. His wedding, the publicity, the time together with his I guess now ex-wife certainly meant something. This has to weigh on his energy level to some degree. So unless Tony is inhuman, i say there's little chance this doesn't affect his game some.

dunkman
02-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Probably, but I guess that shouldn't last long. Longoria is nice, but wasn't a good fit.

yavozerb
02-02-2011, 09:36 AM

tbh, I'm suprised you would start a thread about this? Miller has always given parker fits and TP had an off game, period. Considering this divorce has been on going for months makes this a non-issue. Honestly, if Neal hits a couple his shots (1-6) , mcdyess actually does something during his minutes (was awful last night, 4 to's), and the spurs hit some free throws (8-15) this game is winnable even without the help of TP

ohmwrecker
02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Tonys always had a problem going up against Andre Miller.

This. Tony always has trouble with big guards that can post him up. He also had a couple of shot blockers waiting in the lane on penetrations. The Spurs will have to figure this shit out if Portland is the 1st round matchup.

cheguevara
02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
it's Portland. how great a divorce party can someone have with all those smelly hippie broads

lefty
02-02-2011, 10:13 AM
It has nothing to do with his personal life

He sucks, period

DPG21920
02-02-2011, 10:18 AM
This. Tony always has trouble with big guards that can post him up. He also had a couple of shot blockers waiting in the lane on penetrations. The Spurs will have to figure this shit out if Portland is the 1st round matchup.

Not really. TP doesn't really seem to have a problem with Billups or Kidd and those are both guys that can take guys down low (for PG's).

TP just played terrible. This wasn't a bad game, it was a horrendous game.

Kool Bob Love
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM
No. I think he had a bad game.

Yup. Now if he keeps this up for lets say the next 5 games then maybe...MAYBE.:wakeup

ElNono
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
tbh, this was my best attempt at a 'reverse-ducks' thread, and I have to say it didn't quite work. Oh well... :lol

ohmwrecker
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Not really. TP doesn't really seem to have a problem with Billups or Kidd and those are both guys that can take guys down low (for PG's).

TP just played terrible. This wasn't a bad game, it was a horrendous game.

I have seen Tony struggle with both of those guys. Usually the only time Tony can counter the size and post play of his opponent is when he is forcing the issue on the offensive end and making his man spend energy chasing him around on D.

I do agree that Tony played a terrible game, however.

Cry Havoc
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Tony's going to score 25+ next game and people will still hate on him.

DMC
02-02-2011, 08:12 PM
1st of a long road trip, Spurs were once again sluggish. Years ago they could be sluggish on offense but they would play defense and that would keep them in it. In the games where they've recovered from 15pt or more deficits, they have played good D.

They do fall in love with that outside shot though, and unlike a few others here, I would like to see Matty get back out there. It's another option in Pop's toolbag that he's not been able to use for quite some time.

Teams are going to lose games though, and you cannot extrapolate one loss to the rest of the season any more than you can extrapolate one win.

If you were looking at data points on a graph, you would have 40 positives and 8 negatives. There's many more reasons to think the Spurs are doing good than to think they are not.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Right cause he was just so in love with Eva in the first place.. That's why he was tapping Brent Barry's wife.. :lol