lets get this dude

any thoughts??

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
My first thought is "why?"
My second is, "how?"

benefactor
02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
The Spurs don't need anyone else. They just need to play better defense.

xmas1997
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
He's a good defensive shot blocker.

mark of a champion
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Why? so he can play 5 minutes a game as the 6th big? Sorry, but i'd rather give Splitter those minutes and see what happens.

8FOR!3
02-02-2011, 02:02 PM
He's not on an NBA team for a reason, he's too good to be playing for a D-League team, wonder why he can't get signed...Let's not find out.

admiralsnackbar
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
He's a good defensive shot blocker.

Less impressive: his block/turnover ratio.

yavozerb
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Less impressive: his block/turnover ratio.

Even more less impressive: his home medication list

Blackjack
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
If the guy had a good head on his shoulders and intelligence for the game, he'd be worth dropping Owens to pick him up. But the Spurs are only going with 13 and they need a third-string point (Quinn or better) and a wing or long athlete that has a good enough head on his shoulders to play now if needed.

Williams will give you flashes but would be a long-term project for the Spurs' system. You can't bring someone in for defensive purposes if they're not a sound defensive player -- highlight reel material is usurped by blown assignments and poor defensive fundamentals.

And if he had what the Spurs needed him to have, he wouldn't be available to get. He'd be a borderline star in the league. Wouldn't mind a flier being taken on him in most years, just not this one.

dochay
02-02-2011, 05:03 PM
A lot of the players available for cheap (salary wise) look like good options. Jason Thompson, Javalee Mcgee, Carl Landry and a few others would sure look good in a Spurs uniform. Get a couple of them, first round pick this year, Bonner, sign and release, Whatever. Llet them, Splitter and Blair fight it out for the 11 and 12 spots on the roster. As far as Quinn, there are better options, dude looks lost more often than not. Mike James is available and he is solid with a good effort on D.

8FOR!3
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Jason Thompson's a great prospect for me, legit 7 footer who plays PF, he's got the midrange jumper and he's a really good rebounder. I just don't think he's available for us to reasonably go after in Sacramento.

G-Dawgg
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Shawn Williams is a good player that could be awsome on this team if he was taught to play the right way, and had some of his fundamental skills honed

Spurs da champs
02-02-2011, 09:45 PM
This guy can defend, did anybody see his defense on Lebron dude shut Bron down and we already know he can shoot. Might as well get rid of bonner to get him.

xmas1997
02-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Some college stuff I found on Sean Williams:

As a member of the Boston College basketball team, Williams began his career as a standout in the paint. He functioned as an intimidating shot-blocking force for his team and created a campus reputation as Shot Blocker Extraordinaire. Basketball games were dubbed as the Sean Williams Block Party.

Despite having never played an entire season for Boston College, Williams left the university still as a leading shot blocker in the Big East and ACC respectively during each of his Boston College seasons.

Williams was dismissed from the Boston College basketball team during his junior year, after having been suspended twice during his 3-year college basketball career. While suspended from Boston College for one semester during his sophomore year, Williams took classes at the University of Houston. Williams established himself as the nation's top college shot blocker by breaking his own record when he blocked 75 shots in only 15 games during the 2006–2007 season.

benefactor
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
lol thinking shot blocking = great defender. Marcus Camby says hello.