PDA

View Full Version : Props to Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Lost in the shuffle and noise of Spurs fans falling off the bandwagon---the clutchness shown by Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry.

First off, Bruce Bowen hitting that HUGE 3, after getting pissed off at the foul call on him at the other end of the floor. He was just brilliant all night offensively. Also, his defense on that possession by JJ in the 4th when the Spurs were down 1--he was all over the man despite JJ making the tough shot. Way to go Bruce!

Second of all, Robert Freaking Horry. This is the 4 game in a row that he has hit a big shot like that for the Spurs in the 4th quarter. Can't say enough about his clutchness in this series.

E20
05-30-2005, 10:41 PM
We need to sign Horry a fat extension.

DDS4
05-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Manu played well also.

Too bad the rest of team took the night off.

td21mvp
05-30-2005, 10:43 PM
horry and bowen were awesome, but i knew this wasnt our night when horry missed that layup.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Horry and Bowen were great. If Tony and Tim were a little less greedy on the offensive end and passed more tonight, we'd be talking about the Finals already.

LuvBones
05-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Manu played his heart out as well. Too bad only these three were not going to let the Suns steal this.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Horry and Bowen were great. If Tony and Tim were a little less greedy on the offensive end and passed more tonight, we'd be talking about the Finals already.

I swear to God, if I were to go back and see what AHF has posted after every loss, it would be one of 3 things:

1) We didn't give Manu the ball down the Stretch---HE WOULD HAVE MADE the shot and won the game

2) Duncan fucked up, why do we always do 4 down

3) Pop doesn't know Jack-shit about coaching.

and throw in the occasional Parker lost us this game. AHF, you have to realize that sometimes, teams are going to have off games, that the other team is just going to flat out be better then us on a given night. Saying IF Manu had the ball at the end, IF Duncan didn't suck, IF pop had made this sub and that---you are just going to drive yourself crazy.

Why don't you try giving credit to the other team after a loss? That they somehow managed to outhustle us on a given night, deny Manu the ball, etc. etc. It's just one game. If we were down 1-3 or if we lose this series, then I can understand where you are coming from.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:11 PM
1parker1,

If I had to go back every game that Parker played like shit, you'd always be there explaining it away.

I can't give Phoenix credit because we beat ourselves tonight, from Pop's substitution patterns to Tim's FT shooting to Tony's shitty third quarter.

Deal with it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:13 PM
It's just one game. If we were down 1-3 or if we lose this series, then I can understand where you are coming from.

I was born and raised in San Antonio, I bleed silver and black when it comes to NBA basketball. I don't care so much about the scrub teams in the league, but the big games, and especially the playoffs, it fucking sucks to lose.

Sense
They were clutch...and Duncan wasnt..

The thing that pissed me off about Duncan and Parker today is that they weren't leaders... I never saw Duncan back Ginobili up when amare pushed him...and I never saw his eyes as angry as when he's hungry..

everyone gave up except ginobili and the role players.

T Park
Tim not showing up.

Tony not showing up.

The defense as a whole not showing up.

Lost this game.

Dingle Barry
Here come the individual poster fights. Spare us, please.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:17 PM
1parker1,

If I had to go back every game that Parker played like shit, you'd always be there explaining it away.

I can't give Phoenix credit because we beat ourselves tonight, from Pop's substitution patterns to Tim's FT shooting to Tony's shitty third quarter.

Deal with it.

Check every thread started tonight---find where I have negated the fact that Parker was shitty. Even though I'm a Parker fan, I am not blinded by my loyalty to him. I call him out, just like everyone else, when he misses FT's (See game 3 vs. Seattle), when he has bs TO's, when he has a 12 pt game after scoring 25 the previous night. Anyways, this isn't a Parker thread, anyway. My point being that you always look at those 3 things as the factors to why we lose a game---without considering the fact that, some nights the other team plays better, Manu can't be our Savior every game, and maybe Pop knows and/or sees some things you and I, the casual observer don't see or notice during the course of a game--hence the substitutions.

THE END TO MY RANT. Please continue with original thread.

Horry was unbelievable, and Bruce hit very important shots, while limiting Marion on the defensive end. Good game by both.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
without considering the fact that, some nights the other team plays better

Again, Phoenix wasn't better. We beat ourselves tonight.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Again, Phoenix wasn't better. We beat ourselves tonight.

OK! Then say that, that's more valid then blaming Pop's subs and Manu not getting the ball and saving us.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Pop's substitution patterns, Tony's bad misses, sorry FT shooting = how we beat ourselves.

SouthernFried
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Is it true Manu sat out the majority of the 4th?

I find this hard to beleive, but if true...how stupid can Pop be? The only one of our "big 3" really producing, and sitting him for most of the most important quarter?

Hard to believe, mebbe there were some other factors involved in it. Pop's not generally that stupid.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Pop's substitution patterns, Tony's bad misses, sorry FT shooting = how we beat ourselves.

I give up on you AHF, you're a lost cause! :lol

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Is it true Manu sat out the majority of the 4th?

I find this hard to beleive, but if true...how stupid can Pop be? The only one of our "big 3" really producing, and sitting him for most of the most important quarter?

I believe Manu only sat two minutes of the 4th -- from the 10 minute til around the 8 minute mark.

exstatic
05-30-2005, 11:39 PM
1) Pitiful FT shooting.
2) Porous transition defense. I don't know what the final total was, but SA had allowed 26 FB points through 3 periods. Dreadful.

If either of those had not been an issue, the Suns would be making golf plans. SA scored 106, so their pack it in defense certainly wasn't the cause.

sickdsm
05-30-2005, 11:39 PM
I laughed when i saw the ball go to Horry late in the game at the top of the 3 pt line. Never have i been so sure of anything before.

If i was Amare i would have west out of bounds and waited for the ball to go through the net so i could inbounds already.

Rick Von Braun
05-30-2005, 11:41 PM
The Spurs lost the game in the 3rd quarter and at the FT line. I have said this 100 times. TP should stop trying long-range jumpshots and try to penetrate for layups and teardrops (he should try to do what he does best).

Old School Chic
05-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Robert Horry Is the best! :elephant

Old School Chic
05-30-2005, 11:44 PM
The Spurs lost the game in the 3rd quarter and at the FT line. I have said this 100 times. TP should stop trying long-range jumpshots and try to penetrate for layups and teardrops (he should try to do what he does best).

You mean date a desperate housewife? :lol

SouthernFried
05-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Tony has to have a mid to long range jumper. Someone has to, else they just pack the lanes. And I'm not talking about three pointer guys like Horry and Barry. One of our big 3 needs an 18-20' jumper. Tony is the obvious choice, he just has to be more consistent at it.

kris
05-31-2005, 12:13 AM
Besides that blown layup by Horry, they were superb.

smeagol
05-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Agreed with RVB.

TP is most useful when he penetrates. That's the way he hurts oponents. Not shooting from +18 feet. One every five/six games he is effective shooting.

Drive Tony, drive!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 12:20 AM
1parker1 -

I'm glad you feel that way, I feel the same about you.

Manu got bitched out by Pop in the 2nd about shooting ONE three. He then went and scored on 5 straight trips in the lane.

In the third, Tony missed 6 shots. Pop didn't even so much as call a timeout to yell at him. All were jumpers outside of 15 feet, most in the 20 ft range. Tony should have been driving, or even better setting up Horry and Bowen, seeings they each shot about 20 percentage points wise (FG%) higher than him.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Agreed with RVB.

TP is most useful when he penetrates. That's the way he hurts oponents. Not shooting from +18 feet. One every five/six games he is effective shooting.

Drive Tony, drive!

They were clogging the middle so that he couldn't drive. He needs to be able to hit some shots when that happens (or find an open man). He didn't get it done tonight.