PDA

View Full Version : Big Lebowski 2 in the works?

IronMaxipad
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Tara Reid says yes.

Hollywood.tv recently asked Tara Reid, who played the toenail-polished Bunny in the oft-quoted "The Big Lebowski," what projects she's got coming up and, yes, she said it: "Big Lebowski 2."

"The whole cast should be coming back for that," she said.

Is it true? Well, there have been rumblings from "Lebowski" cast members in the past, but nothing definitive. The Dude himself, Jeff Bridges, teamed up with "Lebowski" directors, the Coen Brothers, for "True Grit." He told MTV News back in July that "there were no plans, man" to reunite for "Lebowski 2," but said, "If it happens, what a wonderful surprise."

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/01/big-lebowski-2-in-the-works/?hpt=T2

http://i.imgur.com/rh2rR.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
They better not F' this up. I don't know if they should do a sequel, if they are in fact doing a sequel. I wish they'd have done a spin-off movie about The Jesus. The only thing I always thought would work(not ruin the whole Dudeness of the original) would be to make a film about The Dude's kid with Maude. Oh well. We shall see.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
The could expand Log Jammin' into a feature length film and answer the burning questions of whether or not that cable ever got fixed.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Or see if The Dude struck out in Gutterballs.

lefty
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

WTF, hell no

Hangover 2 is also in the works; fuck that shit, HO1 was good, WTF

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
I never got the appeal of The Big Lebowski.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
"It's a think piece"

Dex
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Bad idea.

I'm a Big Lebowski fan, but that's not one of those stories that can be carried forward. Plus Donnie is gone, so who will Walter tell to shut the fuck up?

MiamiHeat
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
WE BELIEVE IN NOTHIN, LEBOWSKI. NOTHIN!

fuckin nihilists

IronMaxipad
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM

pWdd6_ZxX8c

baseline bum
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm disappointed he's not going to marry the hooker and raise baby Carlos in the sequel.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Bad idea.

I'm a Big Lebowski fan, but that's not one of those stories that can be carried forward. Plus Donnie is gone, so who will Walter tell to shut the fuck up?
Me too and I agree with everything you say. That's why I think a "normal" sequel can be made. The Dude can't be the main character. It would just be cheesy. I like the idea of doing it on the kid and kinda tap into the Raising Arizona side of the brothers. <shrugs>

Or maybe Karl Hungus :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm disappointed he's not going to marry the hooker and raise baby Carlos in the sequel.
http://www.crazydogtshirts.com/catalog/hangbabefull.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
As long as the Coen brothers direct it, it will be awesome. If they don't then it will fail pretty hard.

Fpoonsie
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Have the Coen's ever done a sequel? I'm excitedly apprehensive about this...like going bareback into a high class prostitute.

lefty
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
:lol
" Not at the table, Carlos "

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Have the Coen's ever done a sequel? I'm excitedly apprehensive about this...like going bareback into a high class prostitute.

True Grit 2: The Legend of Rooster's Gold!

redzero
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Who else thinks the funniest part of The Big Lebowski was The Dude nailing a block of wood to the floor of his home and trying to wedge a chair between the block and his front door to prevent people from coming in?

spurs_2108
02-02-2011, 05:38 PM
The best part was the ashes at the end. I never laughed so hard during a movie.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I always lose it when he crashes into the dumpster. That scene never gets old.

Fpoonsie
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Who else thinks the funniest part of The Big Lebowski was The Dude nailing a block of wood to the floor of his home and trying to wedge a chair between the block and his front door to prevent people from coming in?

"Well, that and a pair a' testicles."

Dex
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM

:tu

DWtesJrLSNA

silverblk mystix
02-02-2011, 07:56 PM

...and the door opens outward...

silverbora
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Update, 2/2/2011 1:00 p.m.: Not so fast, "Big Lebowski" fans. EW.com reached out to a Coen Brothers rep who said there are no plans for "Big Lebowski 2." A spokesperson for Tara Reid added to EW, “She heard Jeff Bridges say that he wanted to make 'Big Lebowski 2' and have all the original cast members in it, so she may have misspoke, thinking that included her based on what Jeff said.”

CubanSucks
02-02-2011, 08:33 PM
well..oh well. I would've loved to see it.

Everyone needs to stfu about "ruining" or "tarnishing" the original. That kinda talk always annoys the hell out of me with any sequel or remake. What the fuck is stopping you from enjoying the original? And with that said, the Coen Bros CAN'T make bad movies. They don't know how

baseline bum
02-02-2011, 08:36 PM

The best part was the ashes at the end. I never laughed so hard during a movie.

Damn, I forgot how good of a movie that was. Though my personal favorite scene is when they smash that Corvette up while yelling This is what you get when you fuck a stranger in the ass or something like that, only to find out it wasn't the kid's car. Though Goodman rolling out of The Dude's car and his uzi shooting the shit out it right after they threw the bag of underwear over the bridge is classic too.

Bito Corleone
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I wish they'd have done a spin-off movie about The Jesus.

u-IterwA_-E

koriwhat
02-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

WTF, hell no

the hangover fuckin' blows!

silverbora
02-03-2011, 12:05 AM
the dude abides

CubanSucks
02-03-2011, 12:58 AM
the dude abides

I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. Knowin he's out there takin it easy for all us sinners

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Are the Coen Brothers the only guys in the world who won't totally fuck up a sequel? 90%+ of sequels bite, and Lebowski is one of my favourite movies - hate to have it tarnished by a shitty sequel. I hope it doesn't happen. The Jesus-spinoff idea is much better.

Also, Hollywood has been shit out of ideas for 20 years. That is all.

CubanSucks
02-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Are the Coen Brothers the only guys in the world who won't totally fuck up a sequel? 90%+ of sequels bite, and Lebowski is one of my favourite movies - hate to have it tarnished by a shitty sequel. I hope it doesn't happen. The Jesus-spinoff idea is much better.

Also, Hollywood has been shit out of ideas for 20 years. That is all.

the ONLY way you can "tarnish" a movie is by going all George Lucas on it and editing it. Sequels and remakes don't affect a movie at all. Would you some how not be able to enjoy it if there were a shitty remake? If so then I feel sorry for you

CuckingFunt
02-03-2011, 02:46 AM
The Dude abides and all that, but Goodman is a fucking genius in that movie. I sat here a moment or two trying to think of my favorite bits and they all involve Walter.

symple19
02-03-2011, 06:00 AM
here's my favorite scene: GPo9OBrIOi4

"I told that kraut a fuckin' thousand times, I don't roll on Shabbos"!!!!!!!!

I hope they do it, but it had better be good

Bito Corleone
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
the hangover fuckin' blows!

Jesus, you're a fucking douche. Do you ever have anything positive to say ever? The only posts I ever see from you are: this shit suck...that shit blows...fuck you...go kill yourself. I came around here when everyone was shitting on you about the calf tats thing, and tbh I kind of felt sorry for you, but now I understand. You pretty much deserve it every time someone shits on your face on this forum...which is basically any time they feel like it. :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM

Shomer fuckin' shabbas

CubanSucks
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM

"They posted the next round for the tournament"

"Donnie, shut the fu..when do we play?"

Thompson
02-03-2011, 08:27 PM

+1 The emperor has no clothes.