PDA

View Full Version : Dirk reaches 22k points

sefant77
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
:toast

Dirk had another MVP year before his knee injury and i think healthy he could easily average 20PPG over the next three years and this would mean Top10 alltime.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html

Who thought that in 1998

jjktkk
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Dirk had another MVP year before his knee injury and i think healthy he could easily average 20PPG over the next three years and this would mean Top10 alltime.

Who thought that in 1998

baseline bum
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Who thought that in 1998

Congrats to Dirk: one of the most unique players I have ever seen and a sure-fire first ballot HOFer.

JayTheClown
02-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Congrats Dirk

MavDynasty
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
He wet

Koolaid_Man
02-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Who thought that in 1998

Congrats on the Lexus...nice ride...wink wink...:lol

Pelicans78
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Great career by a great player. Keep it up Dirk.

lefty
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
3rd best shooting guard in Mavs history

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Dirty just doing work. Congrats Dirk

DPG21920
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
He wet

That made me really :lol for some reason.

DPG21920
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Congrats on the Lexus...nice ride...wink wink...:lol

You calling Dirk a Lexus?

hater
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Hail Dittler

Killakobe81
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
dirk is great ...props.

dirk for Tractor Traylor and Pip for Olden Polynice ...two of the best draft day trade steals since I have been watching ball. I questioned whether Robert would eat his way out of the league ...and around draft time there was talk of Dirk being a potential Bird/tom chambers type ...

Dirk struggled his rookie year and it seemed both would not meet the hype ...kudos to the Mavs ...

Side note: Read an article where Mavs brass was debating drafting pierce and not doing the swap with the Bucks ...

Pretty good draft that is two HOF'ers ...and neither went in the top 3 or even 5 ...IIRC

Phillip
02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Side note: Read an article where Mavs brass was debating drafting pierce and not doing the swap with the Bucks ...

even more interesting is that the Celtics promised Dirk that they would draft him if he fell to them. what would have happened, had the Mavs drafted Pierce, and the Celtics gotten Dirk?

v2freak
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Congrats to Mr. Nowitzki!

Kyle Orton
02-03-2011, 04:22 PM
dirk is great ...props.

dirk for Tractor Traylor and Pip for Olden Polynice ...two of the best draft day trade steals since I have been watching ball.

Tbh the Dallas trade is even better than that. They traded Traylor for Nowitzki and Garrity, then they traded Garrity some scrubs and a pick for Steve Nash.

LnGrrrR
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
even more interesting is that the Celtics promised Dirk that they would draft him if he fell to them. what would have happened, had the Mavs drafted Pierce, and the Celtics gotten Dirk?

Interesting question... though I don't think their histories would've changed much. I think Dirk's a better player than Pierce overall, but Dirk + Antoine still wouldn't have rung, and Dirk + KG + Allen still would have.

Killakobe81
02-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Would of been interesting for sure, maybe Celts still get a title but obviously KG never wears green ...that draft worked out for both teams though. Even without a title Dirk has been the better more productive player ...

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Impressive. Still one of the toughest covers in the league

Pero
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I think if Celtics got Dirk, Walker would've been eventually traded (provided Dirk develops like he did).

Dave Mustaine
02-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Interesting question... though I don't think their histories would've changed much. I think Dirk's a better player than Pierce overall, but Dirk + Antoine still wouldn't have rung, and Dirk + KG + Allen still would have.

lol at the 3pters being fired up by duo of younger Dirk and Fatoine.

LnGrrrR
02-03-2011, 04:44 PM
lol at the 3pters being fired up by duo of younger Dirk and Fatoine.

:lol Especially with a coach like O'Brien.

MavFan6488
02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
dirk was lucky he was drafted by the mavs imo. mark cuban and don nelson gave him all the freedom in the world to work on his midrange game and his outside shooting ability. i don't think he would've become the force he is now if the celtics got him. maybe not even an all-star. i think they would've forced him to build muscles and to work on his inside game, especially after a rough rookie season. but don nelson still believed in him and his soft euro jump shot, even after his rookie season. him revolutionizing the power forward position had a lot to do with that.

paul pierce is a great player, but dirk has much more impact to a team offensively, simply because he can create his own shot from anywhere on the floor. he doesn't need a rondo to break down opponents defenses or a force inside like kevin garnett. he can shoot over anybody, from anywhere at any time. dirk doesn't need a 2nd all-star besides him to reach the playoffs, paul pierce does.

the mavs would've probably never reached the playoffs since the draft with pierce. and dirk would probably play for alba berlin now.

lefty
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
LMAO Maurice Tractor Taylor

Giuseppe
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
When he rings he'll have accomplished something. Until then he's a shoe shinin' SOB.

Crawl, motherf'er, crawl!!!

Killakobe81
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
LMAO Maurice Tractor Taylor

I thought it was Robert Traylor? Maurice taylor played with Tractor at Michigan (IIRC) they were part of a class that was supposed to be the fab Five 2.0 ...he had an OK career with Clipps and rox but he never reached full potential ...
I maybe wrong ...but I doubt it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
dirk was lucky he was drafted by the mavs imo. mark cuban and don nelson gave him all the freedom in the world to work on his midrange game and his outside shooting ability. i don't think he would've become the force he is now if the celtics got him. maybe not even an all-star. i think they would've forced him to build muscles and to work on his inside game, especially after a rough rookie season. but don nelson still believed in him and his soft euro jump shot, even after his rookie season. him revolutionizing the power forward position had a lot to do with that.

Hadn't really thought of it that way, but that's a damn good point. Gotta hand it to basketball's mad scientist.

Koolaid_Man
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
You calling Dirk a Lexus?

well he dam sure ain't no Bugatti...:lol check that...He dam sure ain't no Heli...

My Nigga on a whole other level..he rides Helicopters to Staples...

scroll pass the BS to the 3:00min mark

n4g1ZtzuGj8