PDA

View Full Version : It is alive...The Return of SAS

SenorSpur
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to watch the four-letter network again...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/02/stephen-a-smith-returns-to-espn/

The mercurial sports personality and journalist Stephen A. Smith has rejoined his former employer, ESPN.

Smith, who previously hosted the short-lived television show “Quite Frankly,” will write for espn.com and, in the words of the press release, serve as a weekly “local” radio host for the Los Angeles and New York markets with a concentration on NBA coverage.

One show will air on 1050 ESPN in New York from 7-9 p.m. ET and another on 710 ESPN in Los Angeles from 6-8 p.m. PT. Interesting definition of local.

Smith previously worked for the company from 2003-08 before announcing his departure on his website in 2009. He is expected to start work for ESPN this week.

“Words cannot express how excited I am to return to ESPN,” said Smith. “The five-plus years I spent here in my previous stint were unquestionably the best years of my professional career. To have the opportunity to return to a place where I have an abundance of friends – with individuals whose contributions to my life, both professionally and personally, deserves far more credit than I can describe – simply makes my return that much more special. I’m sincerely grateful. And very, very ready. As in right now. Let’s go!”

lefty
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
There is already a thread :lol

SenorSpur
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
There is already a thread :lol

My bad.

I guess I didn't search hard enough.:lol

lefty
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
My bad.

I guess I didn't search hard enough.:lol

Can't blame you

I wouldn't even have looked it up

redzero
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I read the title as "The Return of ASS" at first.

SenorSpur
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I read the title as "The Return of ASS" at first.

Same thing.:lol