cutewizard
02-03-2011, 08:35 AM
there is no doubt that the three greatest chess players are

Fischer

Kasparov and

Capablanca.....

now who's the greatest all time??

I have to say

Bobby Fischer, for he was a one man gang!!!

Kasparov plays with seconds helping him, computers helping him, and the whole Russian chess world helping him, same with Karpov, therefore this underscores the strength of Bobby who was alone ......

Currently, the young players to watch are Carlsen, Karyakin, Nepo, Giri and So......

But Nakamura can fight too......

Libri
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
What ever happened to Gata Kamsky?

lefty
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Intel core i7 processor

The Reckoning
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
deep blue

maelith
02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
there is no doubt that the three greatest chess players are

Fischer

Kasparov and

Capablanca.....

now who's the greatest all time??

I have to say

Bobby Fischer, for he was a one man gang!!!

Kasparov plays with seconds helping him, computers helping him, and the whole Russian chess world helping him, same with Karpov, therefore this underscores the strength of Bobby who was alone ......

Currently, the young players to watch are Carlsen, Karyakin, Nepo, Giri and So......

But Nakamura can fight too......

I think if one google most GM picks Kasparov as the greatest. Nakamura also think Kasparov is the greatest and Karpov is the second greatest. Kasparov's opponents also has computers helping them, Kasparov also played in an era in which computers are not yet strong. Fischer did not proved himself, he did not defend his crown, while Garry did, and he was dominant for 20 years against strong opposition like Anand, Ivanchuk, Topalov etc.