PDA

View Full Version : Suns defense packing it in

td21mvp
05-30-2005, 11:00 PM
thats how we lost 4 in a row against the lakers and thats how seattle got 2 from us, suns went to it and they won. tony needs to learn how to shoot 20 foot jumpers. or pop needs to go with barry and manu.

E20
05-30-2005, 11:02 PM
They played a zone. We out-rebounded them which was good but, Tony took too many jumpers when he should have passed to Manu or Bruce/Horry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Phoenix was in a zone, and both Duncan and Tony forced it too much against said zone.

Manu, Horry, and Bowen were all hitting, and if they would have gotten the ball from TD and TP a few more times, this series would be over.

boutons
05-30-2005, 11:05 PM
It's amazing in took the Suns so long to figure out how to neutralize Tim. They had the example of the Lakers last May and Seattle these playoffs.

I figure they will to exactly the same thing for the rest of the games.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2005, 11:59 PM
It's amazing in took the Suns so long to figure out how to neutralize Tim. They had the example of the Lakers last May and Seattle these playoffs.

I figure they will to exactly the same thing for the rest of the games.

And if they do, history suggests that Tim will figure out a way to eat them alive. The Lakers were able to do a job on Tim at times, but mostly because they have had bigs who played credible defense for long stretches of time. The Suns bigs still haven't shown me a long-term ability to do that; if they find it in this series, you pat them on the butt and congratulate them for their sudden transformation. Against inferior defensive players, however, Tim has shown a remarkable ability to learn from what a team did to him, and adapt his game to overcome that strategy.

Tim was horrendous tonight on the offensive end, and I thought he was a guest for most of the night on the defensive end. I don't expect that to happen again.

HB22inSA
05-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh yeah, that Phoenix "D" was incredible, giving up 106+ points 4 games in a row!!!

E20
05-31-2005, 12:01 AM
All I know is that Bruce, Manu, and Horry should have had more touches.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2005, 12:02 AM
All I know is that Bruce, Manu, and Horry should have had more touches.

If you really want Bruce to get more touches, I'm glad that you're not coaching the Spurs.