Punchy
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
And this moron claims to know basketball. :lol

JamStone
02-03-2011, 04:44 PM
funny comment, but he's better than Derek Fisher tbh

DPG21920
02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Maybe. Just the fact he is longer may help. But at least Fish takes charges at a nice rate.

history2b
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I cannot deny that he is a fundamentally sound defender.

z0sa
02-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Dude possesses a litany of such remarks. He knows very little about basketball

history2b
But thank you for taking the time to create a thread dedicated to me.

This only signifies that I've successfully irked you with my general existence and this is your feeble attempt to say "why you little..."

history2b
Dude possesses a litany of such remarks. He knows very little about basketball

Lol

LnGrrrR
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Maybe. Just the fact he is longer may help. But at least Fish flops at a nice rate.

fify :lol

rickross
02-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Maybe. Just the fact he is longer may help. But at least Fish takes charges at a nice rate.

seein fish run deez days you think phil plays him so much justa maybe he gon have a heart attack or smth cuz da nigga barely breathe afta 2 mins. Phil jus needin trade exceptionz, nothin new here.

jestersmash
02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Steve Blake is playing all-star caliber defense. My reasoning, you ask? He's an all-star caliber defender.

elemento
02-03-2011, 06:53 PM
you can't expect much from espn posters

they're dumb

ohmwrecker
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Has there ever been a thread that herstory2me has participated in which she was not completely and utterly destroyed?

ALVAREZ6
02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Has there ever been a thread that herstory2me has participated in which she was not completely and utterly destroyed?

exactly what I'm thinking

By far the biggest retard on the entire board. The Lakers are his own team and he thinks Steve Blake is a good defender. Proof he is just a bandwagoning dumbass that doesn't know anything about basketball. There's a chance he might not even be aware that Kevin Garnett is a Celtic. Most likely he doesn't even watch the Lakers anyway, just lives a pathetic live posting about subjects in which he knows jack shit about. And accepts championships. Pretty fulfilling tbh :tu

cheguevara
02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
:lmao stupid fuck

history2b
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Basketball lesson #1 for Spurs Nation:

Steve Blake's fundamentally sound defense was solid against Tony Parker last night.

:lol

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Basketball lesson #1 for Spurs Nation:

Steve Blake's fundamentally sound defense was solid against Tony Parker last night.

Remember in the summer of 2008 after getting embarrassed by the Celtics when you advocated trading Lamar Odom for Ron Artest? I thought that was basketball lesson #1. I don't think the Lakers would have a single championship had they made that trade.

PDXSpursFan
02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Blake = defensive stopper PG by Laker standards, avg defender by NBA standards
Fisher = avg defender by Lakers standard, bellow avg defender by NBA standards

history2b
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Remember in the summer of 2008 after getting embarrassed by the Celtics when you advocated trading Lamar Odom for Ron Artest? I thought that was basketball lesson #1. I don't think the Lakers would have a single championship had they made that trade.

Remember when you said that Kobe Bryant was nothing more than an overrated 2nd fiddle and would never lead a team to a title? :lmao

Remember when you said that Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant would both likely retire with 4 titles? :lmao:lmao

Remember when you said that the Richard Jefferson trade made the Spurs as good as the Lakers? :lmao:lmao:lmao

Remember when you said that the Artest acquisition would prove to be the wrong move for the Lakers last season? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I got about 30 more from you if you'd like....

kamikazi_player
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Remember when you said that Kobe Bryant was nothing more than an overrated 2nd fiddle and would never lead a team to a title? :lmao

Remember when you said that Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant would both likely retire with 4 titles? :lmao:lmao

Remember when you said that the Richard Jefferson trade made the Spurs as good as the Lakers? :lmao:lmao:lmao

Remember when you said that the Artest acquisition would prove to be the wrong move for the Lakers last season? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I got about 30 more from you if you'd like....

Remember when I told you not to start too many dumb threads but you didn't listen?

Remember the butthurt you had when you found out you couldn't start threads?:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Remember when you thought the espn.com message boards were good for anything other than trolling?

remember when you got off on the fact that the morons that populate the Lakers board at espn.com thought highly of you and respected your basketball intellect?

Remember when you began your emotional trolling tailspin and got banned so now you hang out at spurstalk.com?

Punchy
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=history2b;4950829]Remember when you said that Kobe Bryant was nothing more than an overrated 2nd fiddle and would never lead a team to a title? :lmao

Given the circumstances of the post-Shaq/pre-Gasol era Lakers and considering the 39 point Game 6 beatdown, it was a reasonable prediction.

It has. Just took a year.

Again, a reasonable prediction. He's blowing ass this year. Personally, I was thrilled when I heard Trevor Ariza would no longer be a Laker.

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE]

Given the circumstances of the post-Shaq/pre-Gasol era Lakers and considering the 39 point Game 6 beatdown, it was a reasonable prediction.

It has. Just took a year.

Again, a reasonable prediction. He's blowing ass this year. Personally, I was thrilled when I heard Trevor Ariza would no longer be a Laker.

Lol, who invited you into this conversation?

A reasonable prediction? lol. No it was a moronic prediction that only someone with a very low bball IQ would make.

:lmao @ Dick Jefferson making the Spurs as good as the Lakers

Artest is an NBA champion, something Richard Jefferson will never be. Guaranteed.

Venti Quattro
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL history2b

:lmao
:lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao
:lmao

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
So back to the subject of Steve Blake's defense...

Anyone want to have a fundamental basketball discussion about Blake's defense? :lmao

Venti Quattro
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM

Anyone want to have a fundamental basketball discussion about Blake's defense? :lmao

http://www.bikudo.com/photo_stock/84046.jpg

There is nothing to discuss.

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Remember when you tried to change the subject from your 12 year career at espn.com and all of those awesome virtual relationships you had with all of those intelligent Laker fans?

kamikazi_player
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM

What do you want to discuss? That he's slightly better than Fisher?

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Remember when you tried to change the subject from your 12 year career at espn.com and all of those awesome virtual relationships you had with all of those intelligent Laker fans?

You are really agitated today aren't you? You're trying really hard today.

If I wanted to, with you in this delicate state, I could really initiate quite the tailspin. :downspin:

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
What do you want to discuss? That he's slightly better than Fisher?

Pointing out who you think is better or worse is not a fundamental basketball discussion.

Thank you for trying troll.

cheguevara
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Chris Quinn >>> Steve Blake

Punchy
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Punchy;4950847]

Lol, who invited you into this conversation?

A reasonable prediction? lol. No it was a moronic prediction that only someone with a very low bball IQ would make.

:lmao @ Dick Jefferson making the Spurs as good as the Lakers

Artest is an NBA champion, something Richard Jefferson will never be. Guaranteed.

I invited myself, faggot.

And Adam Morrison is also an NBA champion. Your point? Truth is (something you claim to be a purveyor of) is that losing Ariza hurt the Lakers. His 2009 championship campaign was every bit as good, if not better, than Artest's. Futhermore, he's a younger player whose athleticism would be a welcome addition to the Lakers, who have trouble matching up with the quicker perimeter players of the league. But I wouldn't expect you understand defense. We all know who you think plays good, fundamental defense :lol

Anyhow, you're obviously an Artest homer, but objectively, it was a move by the Lakers (not necessarily of their own doing, since Ariza wanted more than the MLE and chose to become a free agent) that hurts their longterm prospects at the 3 spot. Not to mention, he fit beautifully in the triangle, while Tru Warier's chimp brain struggles to understand it.

kamikazi_player
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Pointing out who you think is better or worse is not a fundamental basketball discussion.

Thank you for trying troll.
Why don't you google me Steve Blakes stats on D?

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=history2b;4950867]

I invited myself, faggot.

And Adam Morrison is also an NBA champion. Your point? Truth is (something you claim to be a purveyor of) is that losing Ariza hurt the Lakers. His 2009 championship campaign was every bit as good, if not better, than Artest's. Futhermore, he's a younger player whose athleticism would be a welcome addition to the Lakers, who have trouble matching up with the quicker perimeter players of the league. But I wouldn't expect you understand defense. We all know who you think plays good, fundamental defense :lol

Anyhow, you're obviously an Artest homer, but objectively, it was a move by the Lakers (not necessarily of their own doing, since Ariza wanted more than the MLE and chose to become a free agent) that hurts their longterm prospects at the 3 spot. Not to mention, he fit beautifully in the triangle, while Tru Warier's chimp brain struggles to understand it.

And Adam Morrison didn't play in the Finals... great point. I can see that when we want to talk ball you'll bring up garbage like that because, well you're an idiot.

Ron Artest did his part last season that helped win that championship, arguably the most difficult series the Lakers have ever had. Again, it is a distinction that Richard Jefferson will never be able to claim and I find that particularly gratifying considering you just claimed he made the Spurs as good as the Lakers. You'd have to win a championship to validate that opinion. :lmao

By all means, lets talk defense chump. Ariza? Defense? lol. Wow you're dumb. He's a long quick defender who likes to play the passing lanes... And? He could not handle any of the stronger SFs in the league because he's literally 185 lbs sopping wet.

Did you watch the OKC-NO game the other night? I did. And Kevin Durant dropped 43 on his ass because, well, Trevor cannot defend him. That would have been perfect in round 1 last year wouldn't it? You probably should just refrain from talking ball with me troll, you're in way over your head.

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Why don't you google me Steve Blakes stats on D?

That wouldn't entail fundamental basketball either.

Just cry "Uncle! I don't understand defense history" and lets be done with it ok?

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
You are really agitated today aren't you? You're trying really hard today.

If I wanted to, with you in this delicate state, I could really initiate quite the tailspin. :downspin:

I'm just fucking with you a little buddy. You really did think you were some hot shit over there in that Laker minnow pond with all of those morons.

I think my favorite time was when Kobe demanded the trade. Your thread title - 'Time to weigh in' - as if all of the posters had been waiting with baited breath to know what you had to say. Then you went on to put Kobe ahead of the Laker organization...you understood his plight as a winner and a champion and the Lakers should give him what he wanted, trading him for Darius Miles and a used condom or some other random shit.

Good stuff.

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm just fucking with you a little buddy. You really did think you were some hot shit over there in that Laker minnow pond with all of those morons.

I think my favorite time was when Kobe demanded the trade. Your thread title - 'Time to weigh in' - as if all of the posters had been waiting with baited breath to know what you had to say. Then you went on to put Kobe ahead of the Laker organization...you understood his plight as a winner and a champion and the Lakers should give him what he wanted, trading him for Darius Miles and a used condom or some other random shit.

Good stuff.

It sounds like you took things that would said on that message board to heart. I'm flattered. If only you could be more honest and accurate.

Glad to see that after I made the trip over to this side of the tracks you decided to follow like the good little stalker that you've always been.

So when are you going to pay Truth the $1000.00 you owe him for Game 7?

history2b
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
THE 40 YEAR OLD STALKER (2010)
Starring: Tipsy

Director: history2b
Synopsis: A journey into the life of internet troll dirtyese, aka Stroker and his obsessive compulsive behavior nature. Chubby, dejected, closeted, and very lonely, Stroker believes that in order to make up for the depressing reality of living in a sexless marriage he must redirect his focus on trolling sports message boards. But the journey takes a striking turn for the worst when he decides to obsess over one anonymous poster,pursuing his every move like a stranger in the night; will he ever recover in time to save his marriage? Or will he implode in cyberland for all to see?
Runtime: 2 hours
Release Date: June 01, 2011

Punchy
02-04-2011, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Punchy;4950921]

[QUOTE]And Adam Morrison didn't play in the Finals... great point. I can see that when we want to talk ball you'll bring up garbage like that because, well you're an idiot.

Missing the point. Saying someone is an "NBA Champion" as a counterpoint in an argument is as worthless as Steve Blake on D, or your opinion on basketball.

Ron Artest did his part last season that helped win that championship, arguably the most difficult series the Lakers have ever had. Again, it is a distinction that Richard Jefferson will never be able to claim and I find that particularly gratifying considering you just claimed he made the Spurs as good as the Lakers. You'd have to win a championship to validate that opinion. :lmao

The Spurs are playing some of the best basketball in the league, better than the Lakers in fact, and Jefferson has been an integral part of that success. So yes, thus far, Richard Jefferson has made the Spurs as good as the Lakers. Playoffs remain to be seen.

By all means, lets talk defense chump. Ariza? Defense? lol. Wow you're dumb. He's a long quick defender who likes to play the passing lanes... And? He could not handle any of the stronger SFs in the league because he's literally 185 lbs sopping wet.

Yeah, he really couldn't handle Carmelo Anthony in the 09 WCF. :rolleyes. And even if you're correct (which you're not), Artest can no longer effectively guard the quicker 2s and 3s of the league, so.....

Did you watch the OKC-NO game the other night? I did. And Kevin Durant dropped 43 on his ass because, well, Trevor cannot defend him. That would have been perfect in round 1 last year wouldn't it? You probably should just refrain from talking ball with me troll, you're in way over your head.

Hooray for one game sample sizes! Paul Pierce dropped 32 on Artest's grill the other day. That's relevant how?

Just stop posting.

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
It sounds like you took things that would said on that message board to heart. I'm flattered. If only you could be more honest and accurate.

Glad to see that after I made the trip over to this side of the tracks you decided to follow like the good little stalker that you've always been.

So when are you going to pay Truth the $1000.00 you owe him for Game 7?

Follow you? I've posted upstairs for years. This is my troll name for the cesspool I created for you when I ran across a post where I saw you looking for me. You were rambling on about how awesome Shannon Brown was wondering where tipsythelurker was as I think he's straight up NBA scrub (still do)...so, here I am. :)

ElNono
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
:lol history2bs getting worked up over a scrub like Steve Blake

history2b
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=history2b;4950950][QUOTE=Punchy;4950921]

Missing the point. Saying someone is an "NBA Champion" as a counterpoint in an argument is as worthless as Steve Blake on D, or your opinion on basketball.

No it is not if you are capable of understanding and discussing their role in earning that championship.

The Spurs are playing some of the best basketball in the league, better than the Lakers in fact, and Jefferson has been an integral part of that success. So yes, thus far, Richard Jefferson has made the Spurs as good as the Lakers. Playoffs remain to be seen.

Then it isn't as good as the Lakers because the Lakers are 2 time back to back champions. As much as you'd like to think this is the 50 game 1999 season, it's not. You haven't won shit. If you do, I'll acknowledge it. I am confident you won't. Until then you aren't as good as the Lakers.

Yeah, he really couldn't handle Carmelo Anthony in the 09 WCF. :rolleyes. And even if you're correct (which you're not), Artest can no longer effectively guard the quicker 2s and 3s of the league, so.....

No he couldn't, lol. Which is why Kobe Bryant switched defensively on Carmelo after Melo lit up Ariza in game 1 and game 2. Phil and Kobe made the switch and the rest is history.

I can mail you a copy of the games on DVD so you can familiarize yourself with the series if you'd like.

Hooray for one game sample sizes! Paul Pierce dropped 32 on Artest's grill the other day. That's relevant how?

Just stop posting.

I'll take what Ron did to Paul in games 6-7 of the Finals over some random regular season game where Ron only plays 20 minutes and Paul goes off on Luke Walton any day.

Again, go off the actual games and not boxscores and you'll do much better.

Punchy
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Punchy;4950996][QUOTE=history2b;4950950]

[QUOTE]No it is not if you are capable of understanding and discussing their role in earning that championship.

Still irrelevant.

Then it isn't as good as the Lakers because the Lakers are 2 time back to back champions. As much as you'd like to think this is the 50 game 1999 season, it's not. You haven't won shit. If you do, I'll acknowledge it. I am confident you won't. Until then you aren't as good as the Lakers.

Last two seasons. We're discussing the present, and presently, the Spurs are as good as the Lakers. Will it translate to the playoffs? Who knows.

No he couldn't, lol. Which is why Kobe Bryant switched defensively on Carmelo after Melo lit up Ariza in game 1 and game 2. Phil and Kobe made the switch and the rest is history.

I can mail you a copy of the games on DVD so you can familiarize yourself with the series if you'd like.

You're lying to yourself if you don't think Ariza also contributed to Carmelo's shutdown in the following games. Kobe guarded Melo for stretches, but Ariza also played a role. Kobe hasn't "guarded the other team's best perimeter player" for the entire game (like all you assholes like to claim) since '02.

But like I said, even if you're right, I still take Ariza's youth, athleticism, and superior understanding of the triangle over Artest's steady decline. So Artest had a nice tip in and a great game 7. You act like Ariza wouldn't have had his moments as well, which he did in '09, prompting all you retards to vicariously suck his dick in the aftermath. But once he was no longer a Laker and Artest was, all of sudden Ariza became "an overrated defender/player" while Artest was touted like he magically reverted to his DPOY form, and anyone who has watched Artest the past couple of years knows that he lost a big step on defense. A Purple 'n Gold jersey can do a lot of things. Make a world class athlete look like a homosexual, or be used as a jerkoff rag, but it cannot turn back time.

Anyhow, we can argue Ariza/Artest all day. I simply like Ariza's game better at this point, and think he's a better fit for the Lakers.

I'll take what Ron did to Paul in games 6-7 of the Finals over some random regular season game where Ron only plays 20 minutes and Paul goes off on Luke Walton any day.

Again, go off the actual games and not boxscores and you'll do much better.

Which reinforces my point of why one game sample sizes are bullshit.

history2b
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=history2b;4951137][QUOTE=Punchy;4950996][QUOTE=history2b;4950950]

Still irrelevant.

It was irrelevant to even bring a player who didn't contribute to a championship, absolutely. Next time bring something relevant to the discussion instead of idiotic comments like your initial one.

Last two seasons. We're discussing the present, and presently, the Spurs are as good as the Lakers. Will it translate to the playoffs? Who knows.

It's the regular season. Are you capable of reasonable perspective? If your team doesn't win shit, then you weren't as good as the Lakers. In essence we're in the 2nd quarter of a game that you haven't won yet but you're claiming greatest because the game is tied at halftime.

Your dumbass doesn't even know when the real evaluation begins. I'll give you a little help though; it's not February.

You're lying to yourself if you don't think Ariza also contributed to Carmelo's shutdown in the following games. Kobe guarded Melo for stretches, but Ariza also played a role. Kobe hasn't "guarded the other team's best perimeter player" for the entire game (like all you assholes like to claim) since '02.

But like I said, even if you're right, I still take Ariza's youth, athleticism, and superior understanding of the triangle over Artest's steady decline. So Artest had a nice tip in and a great game 7. You act like Ariza wouldn't have had his moments as well, which he did in '09, prompting all you retards to vicariously suck his dick in the aftermath. But once he was no longer a Laker and Artest was, all of sudden Ariza became "an overrated defender/player" while Artest was touted like he magically reverted to his DPOY form, and anyone who has watched Artest the past couple of years knows that he lost a big step on defense. A Purple 'n Gold jersey can do a lot of things. Make a world class athlete look like a homosexual, or be used as a jerkoff rag, but it cannot turn back time.

Anyhow, we can argue Ariza/Artest all day. I simply like Ariza's game better at this point, and think he's a better fit for the Lakers.

I am right. I know I am right because I watched the games. I watched Carmelo who is about 40lbs heavier than Trevor abuse the shit out of him which hurt the Lakers since their plan was to use Kobe on Billups to disrupt their offense. LA lost that first game precisely because Ariza could not contain Carmelo and when he started going again in game 2 they switched Kobe on him.

Again, I can mail you a copy of the games if it would help you out. Until then don't talk out of your ass to someone who is vastly more familiar with the Lakers. That shit may seem cool on a horseshit message board with your chimp friends jump up and down for bananas but I'll rip that crap to shreds with reality.

Trevor is a nice young player but he couldn't handle the physical SFs defensively and so he was replaced. It doesn't really matter what Spurs fanboys perceive to be offensive advantages with someone else since LA already proved it was the right move.

Which reinforces my point of why one game sample sizes are bullshit.

Yup.

And I'll take the evidence of a 7 game series over anything.

Punchy
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
It was irrelevant to even bring a player who didn't contribute to a championship, absolutely. Next time bring something relevant to the discussion instead of idiotic comments like your initial one.

You're still failing to understand. The context in which you delivered that comment made it irrelevant. Citing that Ron Artest is a champion was meaningless to the conversation.

It's the regular season. Are you capable of reasonable perspective? If your team doesn't win shit, then you weren't as good as the Lakers. In essence we're in the 2nd quarter of a game that you haven't won yet but you're claiming greatest because the game is tied at halftime.

After the Lakers acquired Gasol, everyone with a normal functioning brain knew they had passed up the Spurs, despite the Spurs winning 2 out of the last 3 championships. A "reasonable perspective" is one that evaluates based on the most recent evidence and events available. The Lakers being the two time defending champions has meaning, but it's not the be all-end-all.

Your dumbass doesn't even know when the real evaluation begins. I'll give you a little help though; it's not February.

Then you're not the logical, empirical person you claim to be. I tend to base my evaluations on what's happening now, and now tells me that the Spurs are every bit as good as the Lakers. This could change in a month, but as of right now, the Spurs are legitimate contenders. Spurs fans said the same shit about Dallas in '06. "They're a jump shooting team." "They can't matchup with our size." Blah, blah, blah. Truth was, Dallas was a 60 win team that year, and just as good as the Spurs in the regular season, splitting the regular season series. And they ultimately proved themselves to be a better team. Point is, the regular season does matter and can be used to evaluate how teams will possibly match up if they should meet in the Playoffs. Anyone who says differently is just posturing or deluded.

I am right. I know I am right because I watched the games. I watched Carmelo who is about 40lbs heavier than Trevor abuse the shit out of him which hurt the Lakers since their plan was to use Kobe on Billups to disrupt their offense. LA lost that first game precisely because Ariza could not contain Carmelo and when he started going again in game 2 they switched Kobe on him.

Again, I can mail you a copy of the games if it would help you out. Until then don't talk out of your ass to someone who is vastly more familiar with the Lakers. That shit may seem cool on a horseshit message board with your chimp friends jump up and down for bananas but I'll rip that crap to shreds with reality.

Fair enough. But I still like Ariza better at this point. Just because Artest "contributed" and basing his worth off that is being results oriented. Key players on championship teams tend to "contribute" and will have superlative moments. Stephen Jackson did for the Spurs, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's not a player out there who would have been a better fit.

Trevor is a nice young player but he couldn't handle the physical SFs defensively and so he was replaced. It doesn't really matter what Spurs fanboys perceive to be offensive advantages with someone else since LA already proved it was the right move.

And the trade off, as we're seeing now, is that Artest is getting torched by the more athletic wings of the league, and the Lakers can't defend the fast break for shit. Not to mention, Ariza is much more of a scoring threat. Still, I won't knock you for preferring Artest. I just personally like Ariza more as a player at this point. Artest is edging toward the cliff while Ariza is entering his prime.

Yup.

And I'll take the evidence of a 7 game series over anything.[/QUOTE]

The 6 game sample size of the Spurs/Nets Finals told me that Speedy Claxton is a better player than Tony Parker.

Yup.

history2b
02-04-2011, 04:58 PM
You're still failing to understand. The context in which you delivered that comment made it irrelevant. Citing that Ron Artest is a champion was meaningless to the conversation.

No because it is with the understanding of the contribution. That is a given in any discussion. You brought up Morrison, it was stupid and irrelevant so you really should just own up to it.

After the Lakers acquired Gasol, everyone with a normal functioning brain knew they had passed up the Spurs, despite the Spurs winning 2 out of the last 3 championships. A "reasonable perspective" is one that evaluates based on the most recent evidence and events available. The Lakers being the two time defending champions has meaning, but it's not the be all-end-all.

Not Tipsy.

Then you're not the logical, empirical person you claim to be. I tend to base my evaluations on what's happening now, and now tells me that the Spurs are every bit as good as the Lakers. This could change in a month, but as of right now, the Spurs are legitimate contenders. Spurs fans said the same shit about Dallas in '06. "They're a jump shooting team." "They can't matchup with our size." Blah, blah, blah. Truth was, Dallas was a 60 win team that year, and just as good as the Spurs in the regular season, splitting the regular season series. And they ultimately proved themselves to be a better team. Point is, the regular season does matter and can be used to evaluate how teams will possibly match up if they should meet in the Playoffs. Anyone who says differently is just posturing or deluded.

Irrelevant when your context is limited to "halftime" in the game. Wait till the game is over before you go sucking everyone's dick.

Fair enough. But I still like Ariza better at this point. Just because Artest "contributed" and basing his worth off that is being results oriented. Key players on championship teams tend to "contribute" and will have superlative moments. Stephen Jackson did for the Spurs, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's not a player out there who would have been a better fit.

Ariza is shooting worse than Artest. Contract years do wonders for many players games.

And the trade off, as we're seeing now, is that Artest is getting torched by the more athletic wings of the league, and the Lakers can't defend the fast break for shit. Not to mention, Ariza is much more of a scoring threat. Still, I won't knock you for preferring Artest. I just personally like Ariza more as a player at this point. Artest is edging toward the cliff while Ariza is entering his prime.

29% shooting is his prime?

The 6 game sample size of the Spurs/Nets Finals told me that Speedy Claxton is a better player than Tony Parker.

I could rationalize that Speedy Claxton would have been "perfect" for your system moreso than Parker. But again, contract seasons do wonders for role players games.

ElNono
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.bikudo.com/photo_stock/84046.jpg

There is nothing to discuss.

Punchy
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
No because it is with the understanding of the contribution. That is a given in any discussion. You brought up Morrison, it was stupid and irrelevant so you really should just own up to it.

No, you brought up Artest's champion status as a dig at Richard Jefferson. That would be like me saying (prior to Artest being a Laker) "Richard Jefferson has been to the Finals two times, something Ron Artest will never experience." The statement, as well as yours, is meaningless.

Not Tipsy.

Trolling you. I'm very familiar with the Lakers ESPN forum circa 05-08, and Tipsy trolled the shit out of all you Kobe homers to the point where it created an irrational hatred of the Spurs and their fans. Funny actually.

Irrelevant when your context is limited to "halftime" in the game. Wait till the game is over before you go sucking everyone's dick.

And like a halftime score has never been a good indication of how a game will turn out. I'd be willing to bet that the team who leads at halftime wins more than the team who is trailing. Just a guess.

Good one.

Ariza is shooting worse than Artest. Contract years do wonders for many players games.

Artest's game relies on open looks created by Kobe, Gasol, etc. He can't create his own shot. Ariza is a threat to drive, slash, and can run the break. Combine that with him feeding off Kobe and Gasol and his natural fit inside the triangle, I'd say he'd be shooting much better than .408, which is what Artest is shooting now.

I
could rationalize that Speedy Claxton would have been "perfect" for your system moreso than Parker. But again, contract seasons do wonders for role players games.

No you couldn't. It would take some real assaults against logic to do that. The Spurs system as it pertains to Parker relies heavy on his penetration. Speedy, despite the name, wasn't Parker's equal in that regard, even then. On the other hand, we know Ariza was a great fit, something supported by many basketball people, while Artest scratches his head at the mention of the word triangle.

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Trolling you. I'm very familiar with the Lakers ESPN forum circa 05-08, and Tipsy trolled the shit out of all you Kobe homers to the point where it created an irrational hatred of the Spurs and their fans. Funny actually.

History was my favorite target too. Mother fucker's ridiculous ego wouldn't allow him to ignore me. He responded everytime.

Then when the Lakers got back on top he fell into an emotional tailspin of trolling spurs fans that he is still trying to pull out of.

history2b
02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
No, you brought up Artest's champion status as a dig at Richard Jefferson. That would be like me saying (prior to Artest being a Laker) "Richard Jefferson has been to the Finals two times, something Ron Artest will never experience." The statement, as well as yours, is meaningless.

Because it was a qualifier as to why Jefferson did not and has not made the Spurs "just as good as the Lakers" since Ron Artest helped make the Lakers championship. My god you are slower than shit sliding down a mountain.

If trolling was saying that Kobe would never win again, yeah, I guess he really won that one, lol.

And like a halftime score has never been a good indication of how a game will turn out. I'd be willing to bet that the team who leads at halftime wins more than the team who is trailing. Just a guess.

Wow. Sound logic.

2010 Cavs?
2009 Cavs?
2007 Mavs?
2006 Pistons?
2005 Suns?

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but you are a tool nonetheless. One unfamiliar with the Nba's history I might add.

Artest's game relies on open looks created by Kobe, Gasol, etc. He can't create his own shot. Ariza is a threat to drive, slash, and can run the break. Combine that with him feeding off Kobe and Gasol and his natural fit inside the triangle, I'd say he'd be shooting much better than .408, which is what Artest is shooting now.

Still shoots a terrible percentage driving or shooting. Again, contract season... does wonders to many a player's games. I liked Trevor and wouldn't mind having the kid on the Lakers but what I won't do is overrate him and act like he was some kind of defensive stopper who shot the lights out. He's proven he's not that over the last year and a half.

No you couldn't. It would take some real assaults against logic to do that. The Spurs system as it pertains to Parker relies heavy on his penetration. Speedy, despite the name, wasn't Parker's equal in that regard, even then. On the other hand, we know Ariza was a great fit, something supported by many basketball people, while Artest scratches his head at the mention of the word triangle.

I don't feel that way about Parker/Claxton. I just said I can rationalize it. Personally I don't give fuck what any "basketball people" say (read: sports writers) as they are just as capable of romanticizing as anyone else. Ariza could very well be shooting bricks and getting lit up here right now just as he is in NO and then what? People would be talking about how the Lakers need to fix "X" instead of "Y." That kind of overdramatic, overanalyzed speculative talk that comes from people in the business of having something to say in order to sell their publication has never been of interest to me. I trust what I see on the floor.

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 06:01 PM
If trolling was saying that Kobe would never win again, yeah, I guess he really won that one, lol.

You had like 10000 posts and bunch of tweenagers who actually respected your basketball opinion on the Laker board and I managed to reduce you to an emotional troll that hung out on the Spurs board 24/7 for 2+ years and now hangs out at spurstalk.com.

I am pretty sure I won...albeit at the expense of the fine spurs fans that post here and in the minnow pond that don't particularly like your brand of trolling. I find your ridiculous ego fueled by the anonymity of the internet fascinating.

Punchy
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Because it was a qualifier as to why Jefferson did not and has not made the Spurs "just as good as the Lakers" since Ron Artest helped make the Lakers championship. My god you are slower than shit sliding down a mountain.

Are you this fuckin' stupid, really? How did Artest "improve" the Lakers any WHEN THEY JUST WON THE TITLE THE YEAR BEFORE? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's not like they lost again in the Finals for the 16th time and Artest came in helped get them over the hump. And Richard Jefferson has "helped make" the Spurs into the best team in the league, so yes, as far as this season goes, he's made the Spurs into a team just as good as the Lakers. Kinda like how Pau Gasol made the Lakers "just as good as the Spurs" in '08, even though he was not yet a champion.

Fuck christ, you're one retarded motherfucker. And your comment of Ron Artest being a "champion" is still irrelevant.

It was more than that. He would talk of Kobe's mediocre Finals performances, his chucking, his dependency on big men, his lack of Finals MVPs, etc, etc. All of which burned you the fuck up. It was like an atheist insulted Christ in the presence of an evangelical, and given your extreme worship of Kobe Bryant, that comparison is more than accurate.

Wow. Sound logic.

2010 Cavs?
2009 Cavs?
2007 Mavs?
2006 Pistons?
2005 Suns?

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but you are a tool nonetheless. One unfamiliar with the Nba's history I might add.

I can play this game, too.

2nd 3 peat Bulls?
00 Lakers?
03 Spurs?
09 Lakers?

Point is, which you always seem to miss, is that a strong record is a good indicator of how well a team might do in the playoffs. But points do often sail right over the heads of those with small craniums. Cause, you know, a small cranium results in a small head, and small things have a higher difficulty catching objects that are soaring their way. (Forgive the explanation, but given your tendency to be a dumbass and miss points, I felt it was warranted).

Still shoots a terrible percentage driving or shooting. Again, contract season... does wonders to many a player's games. I liked Trevor and wouldn't mind having the kid on the Lakers but what I won't do is overrate him and act like he was some kind of defensive stopper who shot the lights out. He's proven he's not that over the last year and a half.

1 percent lower than your boy Artest. And yeah, "the contract year excuse." Never mind that Ariza put up near identical regular season stats with Orlando.

I trust what I see on the floor.

I think your vision needs clarification. It might help to rinse Kobe's semen from your eyes before tuning into an NBA game.

history2b
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
You had like 10000 posts and bunch of tweenagers who actually respected your basketball opinion on the Laker board and I managed to reduce you to an emotional troll that hung out on the Spurs board 24/7 for 2+ years and now hangs out at spurstalk.com.

I am pretty sure I won...albeit at the expense of the fine spurs fans that post here and in the minnow pond that don't particularly like your brand of trolling. I find your ridiculous ego fueled by the anonymity of the internet fascinating.

I just love busting Spurs fans balls. You have as much to do with that as anyone else here.

jjktkk
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I just love busting Spurs fans balls. You have as much to do with that as anyone else here.

Delusional much? :lol

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 06:13 PM

Which is fine. It's your intellectually dishonest approach of pretending like you're here to actually discuss the game of basketball without an agenda that seems to rub some the wrong way. I just take you for what you are...a rundown old troll obsessed with a game and a basketball player who'll never know you exist.

history2b
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Are you this fuckin' stupid, really? How did Artest "improve" the Lakers any WHEN THEY JUST WON THE TITLE THE YEAR BEFORE? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's not like they lost again in the Finals for the 16th time and Artest came in helped get them over the hump. And Richard Jefferson has "helped make" the Spurs into the best team in the league, so yes, as far as this season goes, he's made the Spurs into a team just as good as the Lakers. Kinda like how Pau Gasol made the Lakers "just as good as the Spurs" in '08, even though he was not yet a champion.

Fuck christ, you're one retarded motherfucker. And your comment of Ron Artest being a "champion" is still irrelevant.

Lets recap for your dumbass:

You sided with the idea that Jefferson made the Spurs as good as the Lakers and that Ron Artest would be the wrong move for the Lakers.

I responded with lol @ the Jefferson comment because the Spurs haven't won shit and that since Ron is a champion he's already proved to be a good choice.

This is what you are stuck on. Now you're rambling on about whether Ron improved the Lakers or got them over a hump or whatever the fuck you're crying about. I don't give a shit. You're dumb as shit and not worth the time at this point.

You've bored me to no end so I'm done.

Enjoy the rest of halftime.

history2b
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Which is fine. It's your intellectually dishonest approach of pretending like you're here to actually discuss the game of basketball without an agenda that seems to rub some the wrong way. I just take you for what you are...a rundown old troll obsessed with a game and a basketball player who'll never know you exist.

I am fine with however you choose to perceive me old friend. In the end reality is the only thing that matters.

ALVAREZ6
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Lets recap for your dumbass

His dumbass?

ElNono
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm done.

tbh, you were done when you wrote that Steve Blake was a fundamentally sound defender... :lol

TipsytheLurker
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I am fine with however you choose to perceive me old friend. In the end reality is the only thing that matters.

Cool. And the reality is you're a laker fan that hangs out on spurstalk.com frequently using logical fallacies and circular reasoning to advance an agenda of pissing on the Spurs as a result of your obsession with the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. It's a testament to the greatness of the Spurs success during the magical ping-pong ball era.

Punchy
02-04-2011, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE]Lets recap for your dumbass:

You sided with the idea that Jefferson made the Spurs as good as the Lakers

And so far, the evidence supports this theory. Spurs 41-8, Lakers 34-16. If Jefferson isn't on the team, the Spurs would likely have a veteran journeyman (like a Finley, or an aging Bowen) or a rookie starting at the 3, which would obviously be a downgrade.

and that Ron Artest would be the wrong move for the Lakers.

As opposed to keeping Ariza. Possibly. Neither you or I have any idea what the outcome would've been had Ariza stayed. I choose Ariza because of his youth and the other reasons I already mention.

I responded with lol @ the Jefferson comment because the Spurs haven't won shit and that since Ron is a champion he's already proved to be a good choice.

Poor logic. Just because he was a "good choice" doesn't mean he was the better choice. You're being results oriented. Derek Fisher, much maligned for his age and lack of defense, was a huge contributor and had his great moments during last year's run. But say if earlier in the season the Nuggets offered Billups for Fisher straight up. The Lakers declined. Hindsight bias would lead you to believe "it was a good choice," when in fact it wasn't. Despite Artest's contributions, I still think holding onto Ariza would've been the better choice.

And choosing Artest over Ariza could prove costly, given how Artest is declining. Keeping Ariza would've ensured the Lakers 5 more solid years at the 3. Ron will probably be in a mental institution by then.