PDA

View Full Version : Splitter Interview with Spurs Brazil

EduRiker
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I did not see it posted. Translated out of here http://spursbrasil.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/spurs-brasil-entrevista-tiago-splitter/

My english is far from perfect.

SB - You have been playing more in the last few games since Bonne went down. Are you more confortable in the court? How's your game rhythm and your confidence?

Splitter - I'm feeling good in the court, but obviously it's hard to keep up with my teamates with me playing less minutes. but I'm confident and I'll keep working.

SB - The brazilian press demands a lot. Everyone wnats you to have more game time because we know and believe in your potential. At the same time, we know Gregg Popovich likes to "shape" his rookies. So even though you have a lot of experience in Europe, how do you rate your first 47 games with the Spurs?

Splitter - Right. I've arrived with the Spurs, in a team that's working almost perfectly. I have to be patient and wait for the opportunities. I know I can play better than what I've been playing. I'm very critic with myself.

SB - The Spurs are having their best season in history. Many say this might be the last chance the Spurs have to win a ring with Dunca, Parker and Ginobili. How's this being treated daily by the team? Do they really act like it's now or never?

Splitter - Nobody says anything about titles. We always think about the next game. It would be a huge mistake to think so far ahead. It really is a spetacular and very professional group.

SB - The Rodeo Trip started on tuesday against the always dangerous Blazers. Today it's the Lakers. Does these trips really wear the players out? What's your take on this Rodeo Trip?

Splitter - Nobody can complain about the travels. The airplanes are super confortable. In Europe and Brazil the travels are 10x tougher. We hope we will perform well at the Rodeo Trip. We have a winner team with a good mentality.

SB - What's your relationship with Tim Duncan at the practices? Does he gives you some tips? How's to play alongside this idol?

Splitter - Tim's one the best of all times. His talents are absurd. In every practice he gives me some tips. his a guy that can read the game very well.

SB - How's Coach Popovich on a daily basis? From an outside point of view it seems he's very demanding with his players, but at the same time he looks like the "dad" style. How do you define him?

Splitter - He's one of the best coaches I've ever had, maybe the best. Off the court he's like a father for everyone, he cares about all. A phenomenon.

SB - How's living in san Antonio? Are you adapted to the city? Can you go to the mall or the market calmly? What's the main difference between Spain and the US?

Splitter - San Antonio in a nice city. The weather is great and the life is calm. It's perfect to have a family and to play basketball. Spain is a much smaller country. Here everything is far and you need a car. In Spain you shop while walking, the people live close to one another. It's not better or worst. It's different.

SB - Do you intend to play in the Pre Olympic Tournament? What's the feeling among the brazilian players? Have you been talking to Nene, Barbosa and Varejao? Do you and Manu talk about it? Do you know if he will be playing?

Splitter - Sure! My goal is to play in the Tournament. I pray I don't get hurt so I can help Brazil. I've talked to the other brazilians and they all think the same way: if they are healthy they will play. Manu will play too. I think Argentina will be complete.

lefty
02-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks a lot :tu

DPG21920
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Everything was good until that last damn question/answer.

rascal
02-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Standard answers. Not much to take out of this.

Cessation
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
"Timmeh's talents are absurd" lol