PDA

View Full Version : Ron's days as a Laker appear to be numbered

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I think we all knew deep down when Ron signed his contract that there would be very little chance that he'd end up staying the full 5 years in LA. The fact of the matter is Ron is a player that has immense personal pride, and the role that he has to accept on the Lakers is definitely not one that showcases his abilities and talents in the best light. I knew sooner or later this would begin to bother and upset him, and now that he has his ring I'm not sure he's too keen on continuing with his current role as a Laker.

The news reports that came out a few days ago about him wanting to be traded were likely not unfounded. I don't doubt that he is seriously considering leaving, nor do I doubt that the Lakers would ship him out should the ideal opportunity present itself.

The fact of the matter is the guy cannot play lock down defense anymore. He can't shoot and his offense is abysmal in the triangle. He just isn't a good fit, and another year in the triangle has not helped.

lefty
02-03-2011, 11:26 PM
If Lakers lose tonight, Mitch might be tempted to pull the trigger

DPG21920
02-03-2011, 11:42 PM
He is untradeable.

BlackSwordsMan
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll take him on my team.

Venti Quattro
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Ciao Ron. Shouldn't have auctioned off your ring.

Bito Corleone
02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
He is untradeable.

This.

What team in the league is going to take his horrid contract and cancerous locker room presence for the next 3 1/2 years?

I've never been on the conspiracy bandwagon as far as the Lakers go, but if they get someone to actually take Artest off their hands then I will have no choice but to believe the league is fixed...which will crush my soul.

Bito Corleone
02-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Ciao Ron. Shouldn't have auctioned off your ring.

and that may very well be the single stupidest thing I've ever seen anyone do. Who the hell auctions off their only championship ring. I can understand if it's down the line and he's having money problems, but fuckn L...his only ring. Idiot :bang

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Meh, it's just a piece of jewelery, he can afford much better..

The memories of winning the ring are obviously more important than the materialistic aspect..