PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to be Challenged

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 11:20 PM
In order to be ready for the finals the spurs need this to be a tough series. This will make them more mentally tough for the finals. Too much rest and not being challenged could mean disaster in the finals. Miami/Detroit are better teams than Phoenix so we have to be ready in the finals.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Too much rest and not being challenged could mean disaster in the finals. Miami/Detroit are better teams than Phoenix so we have to be ready in the finals.

:lol What's this "we" business. Aren't you a Mavs fan??

Dingle Barry
05-30-2005, 11:22 PM
with this guy and mouse, im thoroughly mind fucked

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 11:22 PM
I just don't want Miami to win it and I think San Antonio has the best chance of beating them so that is why I am rooting for San Antonio.

Smackie Chan
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I hope game 4 made your wish come true :lmao

BillsCarnage
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, the Spurs have been challanged this round if you look at margin of victory.

vs Denver - 9.2 overall
vs Seattle - 6.6 overall
vs Suns - 3.7 (as of now) overall

But if you look at it against the quality of the teams the Spurs have had a "cake walk" through the WestConf. Denver was a so-so team, but really didn't match up against the Spurs as you saw by them winning 4 straight afer losing gm1.
The Sonics didn't even make the playoffs last year and had 7 players playing for contracts, but again, over matched.
Just like Seattle the Suns didn't make the playoffs last year and were a surprise team. Yet a defensive stop here, a made shot there and the series could be 2-2 or even 3-1 Suns. Take Nash and Jackson out of the mix and the Spurs have beaten 4 guys all under 26 and with litterally no playoff experience.
So the Spurs are far from a dominant team in terms of pounding opponents into the ground. They do just enough to win. But come the Finals i won't be surprised if the struggle against miami or detroit. Miami is like the Suns, a running, scoring team, but they can play defense too.

If the Suns manage to win gm5 the pressure will start to mount on the Spurs and memories of last year.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 04:49 PM
This is alot better than last year when the spurs had an easy time with Memphis and then played Los Angeles and got scared because of tight games. All these teams will make San Antonio more mentally tough and get them ready for Miami.